Video: Explaining Mechanics - Matchmaking

• Please log in to reply
149 replies to this topic

OrigamiChicken #141 Posted 21 December 2013 - 08:04 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 26233 battles

I think, this video is meant to throw a bunch of seemingly scientific statements, that are in fact meaningless or an outright lie, at players so they just shut up. Most of said things are bull anyways. Teams are made based on mysterious "vehicle ballance weight"? Well, this is a value hidden from players, it makes MM algorithm anything but transparent. And it does not explain, why there are so many matches with 10 vs 4 heavy tanks or TDs. Or why low tier "scouts" are constantly thrown into maximum tier matches. E.g. when i decided to research Chaffee i had to suffer through countless matches in M5, where i was the only tier IV, no tier Vs and only VI-VIIIs. Anyone who played Stuart knows, that it's view range and mobility are inadequate for such high tier matches. I got thrown into meat grinder even when there were hundreds of tier III-VI players waiting in queue. Quite frankly, i don't think there were more than 10 percent of matches with at least remotely survivable MM.

Just to illustrate, my usual match in M5 (if anyone wonders, the kill was Indien Panzer with 830 HP remaining):

ballanced matchmaking.jpg

Of course, it was a loss...:sceptic:

So, it's obvious that MM system is broken and WG only uses fancy word to say "Look, we're not gonna fix anything. IN YOUR FACE, SUCKERS!!!"

N00BT00B #142 Posted 22 December 2013 - 07:51 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 47763 battles
  • [UT00B] UT00B

[edited]

you can replace the screen shot but plz edit the players names and the inappropiate language from the lower left corner.

How is this matchmaking working?

No Heavys vs meds and TDs. Not one Heavy on our team. WTF [edited]

Edited by Neilloss46, 09 January 2014 - 01:33 PM.
This post has been edited by a member of the Moderation Team, due to inappropriate content. Neilloss46

N00BT00B #143 Posted 23 December 2013 - 11:17 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 47763 battles
  • [UT00B] UT00B

[edited]

you can replace the screen shot but plz edit the players names before doing so.

Another Heavys vs Td and meds. SO UNBALANCED

Edited by Neilloss46, 09 January 2014 - 01:32 PM.
This post has been edited by a member of the Moderation Team, due to inappropriate content. Neilloss46

N00BT00B #144 Posted 27 December 2013 - 04:44 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 47763 battles
  • [UT00B] UT00B

WG Please explain why idiots can make tier7 and tier1, 2 platoons?

Two on my team in this game, and I get chat- banned for berating them.

For Clarity, two platoons, one with T29 and MS1, and another, IS plus Light VIC.

How does this make this game fun or fair?

[edited]

Edited by Neilloss46, 09 January 2014 - 01:35 PM.

N00BT00B #145 Posted 01 January 2014 - 03:04 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 47763 battles
  • [UT00B] UT00B

How does 3 top tier enemy heavys  vs1 make a victory possible in this map?

The same as having 5 artys in Himmelsdorff, for example.

Himmelsdorrf would be a fantastic heavys or meds only map, waste of time if you happen to turn up in an arty.

Many pay good money to play this game, they should be given an even chance of a victory at the start, plus a even opportunity to make damage, not zero chance.

Also, there is the cost of time spent playing through these hopeless games.

For Highway, my TDs side best option is to wait for the heavys to come out of the town, however there is not enough good cover and view range to make any good shots on 4 heavys rolling down the hill. As soon as my Td shoots it has 4 heavys plus whatever is behind it shooting at me. Please balance this map if you insist on the rubbish matchmaking shown here.

[edited]

Edited by Neilloss46, 09 January 2014 - 01:38 PM.

5everin #146 Posted 03 January 2014 - 06:46 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 78875 battles
  • [TEC] TEC
That whole video was just a pr stunt to try and deflect attention from a leak they had confirming the game is rigged. The don't give a flying [edited] about it being fair and balanced, just so long as it hooks the big fish into paying lots of cash hoping it will give them an edge.

Edited by Neilloss46, 09 January 2014 - 01:40 PM.

Anthoniusii #147 Posted 06 January 2014 - 03:52 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 23972 battles

Lets see what WG wrote in its quotes everytime a battle was about to begin few patches ago..

"Mediums must form packs. Even the most powerfull tank can not survive of a pack of mediums"..

Result back then...One medium every team and the rest were HEAVIES!

I always wondered if i should make a medium pack with the enemy medium tank or not!!!!

Things moved on...

Now "tank destroyers" and autoloader mediums and heavies are the majority of the teams.

Now mediums can form packs that leave not time for defence against them!!

WG wrote "Your tank is invisible behind a bush until the moment you will fire"

Now OP tds fire 5 shots per 20 secs without being revealed when shot!!!!

Exelent advices by WG...

So in order to create a MM WG must finally deside wat kind of game want to create...

3 years passed and still WG developers strugle to deside!

Recently they changed Panthers and Tigers statistics for an historical gameplay the same time they indrodused more fictional and blueprint tanks in the same battles!!!!!!!

When i started to post here one of my 1st posts was indeed for a MM.

Back then though there were not some many "noobish" imaginary tanks!

My sugestion had to do with the eras each tank faught.

The timeframes that a MM should have under concideration were:

1: 1939-1941

2: 1940-1942

3: 1941-1943

4: 1942-1944

5: 1945-1952 (Korean War).

6: Tanks made after Korean War.

Back then theere were not as many tanks as they are now.

WG stated that more tanks will be added.So there is an opportunity for such a MM.

The blueprint and prototype tanks should fight in battles of their own and not against tanks that realy fought and are battle proven.

That way Historical battle and scenarios will be much easier to create plus those that still want to play with tank prototypes will be able to do so without unballancing the rest of the battles.

No more AMX-13-90 against Panther!!! Such a game design will allow the brake of tiers as they are now. Each major era will be able to have tiers of its own.

I explain my self:

WW2 Historical tanks tiers 10

WW2 Prototypes and blueprint tanks tiers 10.

1945-1952 or later

Historical tanks tiers 10

Prototypes and blueprint tanks tiers 10.

The 1st two major categories can have sub MM as described above.

The two last catgories can have MM each one by tier or by task/mission.

LupeKani #148 Posted 08 January 2014 - 11:06 PM

Private

• Player
  • 21577 battles
  • [HACKR] HACKR

2 things broke in matchmaking: 

1st one is idiot platoons like tier 6 heavy tanks with tier 6 light(scout) in tier 10 game.

2nd thing is huge amount of TD´s. I see 28 TD in one match. Its nice to be tier 9  heavy when theres 8 tier X TDs against you. But this is the game nowadays because of huge nerf hammer hit arties so bad. Now you can play TDs in most of the games like an idiot and most of the time it is good thing. Before arty nerf ,arties  killed you so easily,because there was arty almost in every game.

Next they nerf TDs like they said allready. Few month and they need to  nerf hevies so... :justwait:  

I think its the same are you good player or bad player, all have the same possibilieties to win. Matchmaking doesnt make you kill enemies and playing better than others.  So dont cry all the time, just play better and in platoon that you can carry your team.

tigerstreak #149 Posted 17 January 2014 - 04:53 AM

Colonel

• Beta Tester
  • 23531 battles
  • [BL33T] BL33T

10 losses in a row 15-4 massacres.

mms fine, its wot punnishment nerf that should see them doing a jig on 6ft of rope

N00BT00B #150 Posted 05 March 2014 - 09:19 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 47763 battles
  • [UT00B] UT00B

More ridiculous matchmaking, how do you think meds can take on heavys on this map?

I expect this picture will be removed also, wouldn't mind if WG would give us an answer.

Mark my words, WOTs days are numbered because someone will come along and do it properly. unless the matchmaking is fixed. properly.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users