Jump to content


This is how you make a christmas surprise to your customers


  • This topic is locked This topic is locked
90 replies to this topic

richo83 #1 Posted 12 December 2013 - 08:35 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 16492 battles
  • 1,100
  • [BUFF] BUFF
  • Member since:
    09-03-2011
Hi all,

instead of giving us uselss or too expensive "gifts" wg should have a look on other companies that are aible to surprise their customers in a really nice way.

Just found this video here (sorry the article is german, but the video is in english): http://marketing-gui...tsuberraschung/

Is ist really that hard to do a real surprise to us? I don't think, may be they just need some inspiration...

Fishmachine #2 Posted 12 December 2013 - 08:42 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 5728 battles
  • 1,410
  • Member since:
    03-23-2012
WG doesn't have to try any harder than it does, because it has no competition. It's that simple.

ryry #3 Posted 12 December 2013 - 08:52 AM

    Corporal

  • Beta Tester
  • 8002 battles
  • 180
  • [SOBAD] SOBAD
  • Member since:
    09-04-2010
War thunder says otherwise.

richo83 #4 Posted 12 December 2013 - 08:55 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 16492 battles
  • 1,100
  • [BUFF] BUFF
  • Member since:
    09-03-2011

View Postryry, on 12 December 2013 - 08:52 AM, said:

War thunder says otherwise.

we will see if wt will have any impact of wg's behaviour.

PTMxCh00b #5 Posted 12 December 2013 - 10:19 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 28950 battles
  • 1,175
  • [GOP] GOP
  • Member since:
    07-14-2012

View Postryry, on 12 December 2013 - 08:52 AM, said:

War thunder says otherwise.

 

Wargaming is a bunch of lazy people. They are rich as hell, they could easily fix the MM, easily make the game better for us, give us more free stuff on events, but no. They have no competition, they have no reason to do it, people stay anyways so they lose nothing.



Askorti #6 Posted 12 December 2013 - 10:29 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 11776 battles
  • 1,137
  • Member since:
    06-24-2012

*
POPULAR

View PostPTMxCh00b, on 12 December 2013 - 10:19 AM, said:

 

Wargaming is a bunch of lazy people. They are rich as hell, they could easily fix the MM, easily make the game better for us, give us more free stuff on events, but no. They have no competition, they have no reason to do it, people stay anyways so they lose nothing.


And what is wrong about MM? And why would they give us MORE free stuff during events than they do already?

For several months now we are getting bombarded by free stuff, but you have to work for it a little. You log in and you have a long list of rewards for certain actions. Get X kills during a battle - more exp, creds, crew exp. Get X amount of exp in one day - free premium. You want more? No problem, every weekend you get discounts and other stuff.

You people really got too demanding. You want everything, discounts, events, free tanks, garage slots, gold and whatnot.

It seems like you forgot that it's not obligatory for WG to give you all that stuff...



Pastaiolo #7 Posted 12 December 2013 - 10:29 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Beta Tester
  • 10490 battles
  • 1,112
  • Member since:
    01-19-2011

View Postryry, on 12 December 2013 - 08:52 AM, said:

War thunder says otherwise.

 

War Thunder doesn't have over 45 million accounts.

 

Until they do, provided they actually reach that, their policy will be quite different from the one of a company that already have a solid playerbase and owns most of the market for this type of game.



Shaka_D #8 Posted 12 December 2013 - 10:40 AM

    Colonel

  • Beta Tester
  • 37657 battles
  • 3,761
  • Member since:
    10-18-2010

View Postricho83, on 12 December 2013 - 08:55 AM, said:


War thunder says otherwise.

we will see if wt will have any impact of wg's behaviour.

Well I'm guessing it will when what I am presuming is a large number of players either migrate across or more likely start sharing their time and money between the two games when 'Ground Forces' is officially introduced. I think WG will lose revenue when (not if) many players move across. Whether they lose enough revenue to worry or not is anybody's guess.

 

I myself like what I see in Warthunder tank gameplay, even after more than 2 years of play in WoT. They won't be exactly the same obviously but I find the differences appealing because they still represent the same genre...tanks!! WG own the market because they have no competition, that will change and they'll have to adapt accordingly. This can only be good for us. If I like Warthunder more then I'll spend more time there and my money will certainly go to where I am having the most fun. Whether it lasts, who knows, but the truth is that the money I spend is mine to choose on where to spend it. If WG wants to keep it, they have to tempt me more, haha, I'm a shallow kind of guy, but I'm not stupid!

 



overcorpse #9 Posted 12 December 2013 - 10:43 AM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 21257 battles
  • 290
  • [BRTD] BRTD
  • Member since:
    10-16-2011

View PostPastaiolo, on 12 December 2013 - 10:29 AM, said:

 

War Thunder doesn't have over 45 million accounts.

 

Until they do, provided they actually reach that, their policy will be quite different from the one of a company that already have a solid playerbase and owns most of the market for this type of game.

No,they have 3 million accounts as of june.for a flight game that's been out for a year.Add on the fact it is now on PS4 and are now in closed beta for their tank combat those numbers will rise significantlyThis is a good thing for WoT because for the first time there is competition.No longer can WG rest on it's laurels .



Pastaiolo #10 Posted 12 December 2013 - 11:00 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Beta Tester
  • 10490 battles
  • 1,112
  • Member since:
    01-19-2011

View Postovercorpse, on 12 December 2013 - 10:43 AM, said:

No,they have 3 million accounts as of june.for a flight game that's been out for a year.Add on the fact it is now on PS4 and are now in closed beta for their tank combat those numbers will rise significantlyThis is a good thing for WoT because for the first time there is competition.No longer can WG rest on it's laurels .

 

War Thunder alpha started in October 2011. so that's 2  years and 2 months. And they reached 3 million accounts in July.

World of Tanks alpha started in September 2009. That's 4 years and 3 months. In June they reached 60 million accounts.

 

Again, assuming it actually works, it will take WT some more years to reach such levels.

But sure, competition is always good, but only if the competitor have the means to make Wargaming worried. Which they do, just not as many WT fanboys says tho.



ChroTal #11 Posted 12 December 2013 - 11:04 AM

    Lieutenant

  • Beta Tester
  • 19190 battles
  • 1,795
  • Member since:
    10-05-2010

I see a bunch of crybabies in this thread.

 

I remember times when MM was really broken.

I also remember times when WG wouldn't listen to anything EU community had to say, there was simply no staff for it.

 

Everythign has (slightly) improved in the last half year, yet you guys keep shouting like they do nothing at all.

 

Whiners will whine.



Badvock71 #12 Posted 12 December 2013 - 11:05 AM

    Lance-corporal

  • Player
  • 15631 battles
  • 85
  • Member since:
    06-07-2011

There might be 60 million accounts (and citation would be nice there) but there's not a cats chance in a kennel that there are 60 million active players. How many 'unicums' are there because they ditched their account? hell i have two as I erroniously created one on the US servers. I'll show my arse if there are  are even Half that number of active players.

 

*edit* agree with the above, WG give players some half decent offers and extras at weekends (some better than others) stop being so bloody ungrateful for playing a free game.


Edited by Badvock71, 12 December 2013 - 11:06 AM.


anonym_kL7qtn3e52MB #13 Posted 12 December 2013 - 11:10 AM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 0 battles
  • 6,815
  • Member since:
    07-10-2018
We get a more broken forum instead....

overcorpse #14 Posted 12 December 2013 - 11:23 AM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 21257 battles
  • 290
  • [BRTD] BRTD
  • Member since:
    10-16-2011

And you being a blatant WG fanboy cant  tell the difference in the genres of those 2 games so ill help you.One is a flight game and one is a tank game.Your comparing apples with oranges.But the flight game is adding tanks and has an infinitely better game engine,it will play out on a unified battlespace i.e planes,tanks and ships.Also add in the fact that it is available on PS4 for cross platform play and you have a recipe for not just competition but dominance of the market but time will tell.

 

But my point still stands.Competition is good.WG WILL need to up its game and that's is good for us,the consumer.

 


Edited by overcorpse, 12 December 2013 - 11:28 AM.


Murphy1up #15 Posted 12 December 2013 - 11:28 AM

    Lieutenant General

  • Military Reserve
  • 11249 battles
  • 7,282
  • [-QQ-] -QQ-
  • Member since:
    05-10-2012

*
POPULAR

View Postricho83, on 12 December 2013 - 07:35 AM, said:

Hi all,
instead of giving us uselss or too expensive "gifts" wg should have a look on other companies that are aible to surprise their customers in a really nice way.
Just found this video here (sorry the article is german, but the video is in english): http://marketing-gui.de/2013/12/12/westjet-weihnachtsuberraschung/
Is ist really that hard to do a real surprise to us? I don't think, may be they just need some inspiration...

 

The Christmas bonus/discounts haven't even been announced yet and I'm sure everyone will be surprized what is you can get then.

 

Whilst I agree that video is really awesome, it's a bit unfair to come to any other company and say "Hey you should do this too". I mean I know Christmas is all about giving, but why would you expect a computer game you play to buy you Chirstmas gifts?  That's a pretty crazy request to be honest.  "Wargaming didn't buy me a TV for Christmas, they don't care".

 

Take a step back and calm down please. I'm sure World of Tanks isn't the only game you play and to somehow think that we should give out high value freebies just because you want them is a rather nasty way of thinking.

 

View PostPTMxCh00b, on 12 December 2013 - 09:19 AM, said:

 

Wargaming is a bunch of lazy people. They are rich as hell, they could easily fix the MM, easily make the game better for us, give us more free stuff on events, but no. They have no competition, they have no reason to do it, people stay anyways so they lose nothing.

 

Do you get free stuff when you play Super Mario World/GTA V/Battlefield 4/World of Warcraft/League of Legends?

 

Why the demand from World of Tanks?  

 

Have you actually written down the discounts you get over the space of a single month and realised all the discounts and bonuses you already get?



Pastaiolo #16 Posted 12 December 2013 - 11:28 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Beta Tester
  • 10490 battles
  • 1,112
  • Member since:
    01-19-2011

View PostBadvock71, on 12 December 2013 - 11:05 AM, said:

There might be 60 million accounts (and citation would be nice there) but there's not a cats chance in a kennel that there are 60 million active players. How many 'unicums' are there because they ditched their account? hell i have two as I erroniously created one on the US servers. I'll show my arse if there are  are even Half that number of active players.

 

*edit* agree with the above, WG give players some half decent offers and extras at weekends (some better than others) stop being so bloody ungrateful for playing a free game.

 

 

And you think there are 3 million active players on War Thunder instead? I thought it was clear that we are talking about mere accounts, not active players, since no one have comparable data on them.



Banelord300 #17 Posted 12 December 2013 - 11:31 AM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 17322 battles
  • 2,102
  • Member since:
    03-01-2011

View PostPastaiolo, on 12 December 2013 - 10:28 AM, said:

 

 

And you think there are 3 million active players on War Thunder instead? I thought it was clear that we are talking about mere accounts, not active players, since no one have comparable data on them.

Usually servers peek at 30k players and when more come online either the servers crash or the forum crash (pretty much every day the forum crash).



Pastaiolo #18 Posted 12 December 2013 - 11:32 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Beta Tester
  • 10490 battles
  • 1,112
  • Member since:
    01-19-2011

View PostBanelord300, on 12 December 2013 - 11:31 AM, said:

Usually servers peek at 30k players and when more come online either the servers crash or the forum crash (pretty much every day the forum crash).

 

Well, that is a CLEAR proof that there are 3 millions active players, i am sure.



Badvock71 #19 Posted 12 December 2013 - 11:34 AM

    Lance-corporal

  • Player
  • 15631 battles
  • 85
  • Member since:
    06-07-2011

View PostPastaiolo, on 12 December 2013 - 10:28 AM, said:

 

 

And you think there are 3 million active players on War Thunder instead? I thought it was clear that we are talking about mere accounts, not active players, since no one have comparable data on them.

 

What's the point in comparing accounts? they aren't an indicator of an active player base, Warcraft had 8 million subscribers at it's height I find it highly unlikely that WG has 60 million subs even across both Wot and WoP



Technocrat_Prime #20 Posted 12 December 2013 - 11:54 AM

    Lieutenant Сolonel

  • Beta Tester
  • 30773 battles
  • 3,427
  • [-TCC-] -TCC-
  • Member since:
    11-22-2010

View Postryry, on 12 December 2013 - 08:52 AM, said:

War thunder says otherwise.

 

War Thunder is no competition. One is a pseudo-sim and the other is an arcade game: you are comparing apples and oranges here. Yes, both are fruit, but hey...






1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users