This is how you make a christmas surprise to your customers

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
90 replies to this topic

Pastaiolo #21 Posted 12 December 2013 - 11:54 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 10490 battles

View PostBadvock71, on 12 December 2013 - 11:34 AM, said:

What's the point in comparing accounts? they aren't an indicator of an active player base, Warcraft had 8 million subscribers at it's height I find it highly unlikely that WG has 60 million subs even across both Wot and WoP

I think it's likely that a game having more accounts also have more active players. 
And you find it hard to believe because you are probably thinking of just EU/NA/Ru servers, while you should consider all servers in Asia as well.

I am also not a parrot, so i get annoyed of repeating things over and over again. Since people likes to compare a game like WoT and WT, that are quite different as Technocrat_Prime

said as well, the only comparison you can make is on things both games shares. And i find total account numbers to be a rather trustworthy one, as much as the time they needed to gather such numbers.

Edited by Pastaiolo, 12 December 2013 - 11:56 AM.

jabster #22 Posted 12 December 2013 - 12:03 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 12649 battles
  • [WSAT] WSAT

View Postjinx_uk, on 12 December 2013 - 09:40 AM, said:

Well I'm guessing it will when what I am presuming is a large number of players either migrate across or more likely start sharing their time and money between the two games when 'Ground Forces' is officially introduced. I think WG will lose revenue when (not if) many players move across. Whether they lose enough revenue to worry or not is anybody's guess.

I myself like what I see in Warthunder tank gameplay, even after more than 2 years of play in WoT. They won't be exactly the same obviously but I find the differences appealing because they still represent the same genre...tanks!! WG own the market because they have no competition, that will change and they'll have to adapt accordingly. This can only be good for us. If I like Warthunder more then I'll spend more time there and my money will certainly go to where I am having the most fun. Whether it lasts, who knows, but the truth is that the money I spend is mine to choose on where to spend it. If WG wants to keep it, they have to tempt me more, haha, I'm a shallow kind of guy, but I'm not stupid!

I've seen the video of WT tank gameplay and to honest it was difficult to work out whether I would like it or not, or more correctly would it play it over WoT. The problem was that a lot of the commentary seemed to be how god the graphics were which tells me very little about how it will play.

I'm still going to give it a try but it's going to be the core gameplay that will decide whether I switch or it may even be that I switch just for the change.

DingIsHere #23 Posted 12 December 2013 - 12:11 PM

Colonel

• Clan Commander
  • 15975 battles
  • [4Q2] 4Q2

View PostEctar, on 12 December 2013 - 10:28 AM, said:

.........would you expect a computer game you play to buy you Chirstmas gifts?  ............................

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:bush::trollface:  :bush:

tronicson #24 Posted 12 December 2013 - 01:08 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 32755 battles

View PostEctar, on 12 December 2013 - 10:28 AM, said:

The Christmas bonus/discounts haven't even been announced yet and I'm sure everyone will be surprized what is you can get then.

Whilst I agree that video is really awesome, it's a bit unfair to come to any other company and say "Hey you should do this too". I mean I know Christmas is all about giving, but why would you expect a computer game you play to buy you Chirstmas gifts?  That's a pretty crazy request to be honest.  "Wargaming didn't buy me a TV for Christmas, they don't care".

Take a step back and calm down please. I'm sure World of Tanks isn't the only game you play and to somehow think that we should give out high value freebies just because you want them is a rather nasty way of thinking.

Do you get free stuff when you play Super Mario World/GTA V/Battlefield 4/World of Warcraft/League of Legends?

Why the demand from World of Tanks?  

Have you actually written down the discounts you get over the space of a single month and realised all the discounts and bonuses you already get?

I think, considering like the community often behaves in general towards WGN, cannot await too much in return. By calling them Noobs and incompetent.. whine around and more.. it's sometimes very cheeky imho! The Attitude i feel in this Game is rather rude often, sadly enough.. How can you await "friendliness" from guys you don't treat like Friends?

Yesterday i couldn't really believe my eyes what was spammed in the General Chat, just because WGN had temporary some Issue on the Servers. That reminded me rather to a "Cage full of Apes" which smoked some Crack. All these insultments and this rotten statements that were written, omg... a real Shitstorm! I would just have banned these individuals for 24 Hours!

I would also appreciate some Goodies, but my Children get Goodies when they behaved and were nice, and not just because they kicked repeatedly my Shin, so they might stop it ;)

Nowadays many maybe dont know anymore what "Reward" actually means?

Edited by tronicson, 13 December 2013 - 08:13 AM.

Ziddix #25 Posted 12 December 2013 - 01:20 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 17502 battles
  • [LEOEL] LEOEL
That video was nice =)

krazypenguin #26 Posted 12 December 2013 - 01:29 PM

Major

• Player
  • 27682 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View Postricho83, on 12 December 2013 - 07:35 AM, said:

Hi all,
instead of giving us uselss or too expensive "gifts" wg should have a look on other companies that are aible to surprise their customers in a really nice way.
Just found this video here (sorry the article is german, but the video is in english): http://marketing-gui.de/2013/12/12/westjet-weihnachtsuberraschung/
Is ist really that hard to do a real surprise to us? I don't think, may be they just need some inspiration...

So then OP, what are YOU giving WG as a gift for Christmas?  I mean, you expect a gift from them, so I assume you are gifting them something in return...

Edit - oh yeah, forgot to say, if one of my kids called a gift useless they would receive a well justified telling off...

Edited by krazypenguin, 12 December 2013 - 01:32 PM.

Kleist_ #27 Posted 12 December 2013 - 01:53 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 32447 battles

View PostPastaiolo, on 12 December 2013 - 11:54 AM, said

I am also not a parrot, so i get annoyed of repeating things over and over again. Since people likes to compare a game like WoT and WT, that are quite different as Technocrat_Prime

Oh u douchebag, I fekin lol'd sooooo hard:teethhappy:

vattland #28 Posted 12 December 2013 - 01:58 PM

Private

• Player
  • 818 battles

The Xmas Surprise Calendar is a joke indeed.

No this isn't a gift at all. It's just an attempt from WG to earn more money themselves. Nobody saves money with these offers, quite the opposite, it is a calling to spend more money.

vattland #29 Posted 12 December 2013 - 01:59 PM

Private

• Player
  • 818 battles

View Postkrazypenguin, on 12 December 2013 - 01:29 PM, said:

So then OP, what are YOU giving WG as a gift for Christmas?  I mean, you expect a gift from them, so I assume you are gifting them something in return...

Edit - oh yeah, forgot to say, if one of my kids called a gift useless they would receive a well justified telling off...

:O

This forum never ceases to amaze me.

Cipzilla #30 Posted 12 December 2013 - 02:01 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 34656 battles
  • [-RGN-] -RGN-

I'm glad you post that video for the WG staff can see what actually a "Christmas surprise" means.

Right now the "surprises" they are offering us is a overpriced shop...Sure they will sell some of this offers because some people can't even make  basic math computations.

_Zeromancer_ #31 Posted 12 December 2013 - 02:03 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 12084 battles

You know this makes you sound like a spoiled little kid, right?

I want , I want, I want..

Homer_J #32 Posted 12 December 2013 - 02:08 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 31435 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View Postricho83, on 12 December 2013 - 07:35 AM, said:

Just found this video here (sorry the article is german, but the video is in english): http://marketing-gui.de/2013/12/12/westjet-weihnachtsuberraschung/

I bet the people on the same flight the day before thought that was a great gesture. Not.

The equivalent for WG would be to give all the players in one battle a gift.

richo83 #33 Posted 12 December 2013 - 02:09 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 16506 battles
  • [BUFF] BUFF

@Ectar it seems you didnt understand what i wanted to tell. i don't ask for a flat screen tv or any other gifts, if i wan't this i go and buy it myself. i just wanted to show that other companies do great things to surprise their customers, they think about how they can get very happy customers.

wg don't really care about us players, wot is a great game (btw in fact the only i play at the moment), but i don't feel that wg thinks about things that surprise us in an awesome way like this airline did. and that's all i wanted to say.

vattland #34 Posted 12 December 2013 - 02:10 PM

Private

• Player
  • 818 battles

View PostTykje, on 12 December 2013 - 02:03 PM, said:

No, it does not.

This topic is about how a company should treat its customers. And WG has an awful track record regarding this.

You don't need to read much in the forums to realize that WG gives a crap pabout the players input. AFK players? Who cares if the players are annoyed, we can't be bothered to do something about it. Warpack and other questionable mods? Who gives a s*** they are usually premium customers; why scare them away. Why should we care if the games are fair as long as the money comes rolling in?

And now the Christmas present which actually is a challenge to give THEM money. Well played, WG, well played.

If there was ever any chance that i'd send a single Euro in WGs direction, this is now at zero.

Edited by vattland, 12 December 2013 - 02:11 PM.

richo83 #35 Posted 12 December 2013 - 02:17 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 16506 battles
  • [BUFF] BUFF

View PostTykje, on 12 December 2013 - 02:03 PM, said:

so just for you again: i don't ask for anything. i don't need any other combat car bonustank, i don't need free premium days - i can pay this on my own.

deveen23 #36 Posted 12 December 2013 - 02:29 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 40650 battles
  • [322] 322

View PostAskorti, on 12 December 2013 - 10:29 AM, said:

And what is wrong about MM? And why would they give us MORE free stuff during events than they do already?

For several months now we are getting bombarded by free stuff, but you have to work for it a little. You log in and you have a long list of rewards for certain actions. Get X kills during a battle - more exp, creds, crew exp. Get X amount of exp in one day - free premium. You want more? No problem, every weekend you get discounts and other stuff.

You people really got too demanding. You want everything, discounts, events, free tanks, garage slots, gold and whatnot.

It seems like you forgot that it's not obligatory for WG to give you all that stuff...

This. 4 months ago I bought 6-month premium account. During the time, I've already added more than 2 extra months thanks to specials. That's 2 months of free stuff that I'd otherwise have to pay for.

As for Christmas surprise, we have yet to see what are we getting, right?

Murphy1up #37 Posted 12 December 2013 - 02:46 PM

Lieutenant General

• Military Reserve
  • 11326 battles
  • [-QQ-] -QQ-

View Postricho83, on 12 December 2013 - 01:09 PM, said:

@Ectar it seems you didnt understand what i wanted to tell. i don't ask for a flat screen tv or any other gifts, if i wan't this i go and buy it myself. i just wanted to show that other companies do great things to surprise their customers, they think about how they can get very happy customers.

wg don't really care about us players, wot is a great game (btw in fact the only i play at the moment), but i don't feel that wg thinks about things that surprise us in an awesome way like this airline did. and that's all i wanted to say.

We do care about our players. To show us an example of 2 flights of people getting presents from their airline, and then saying; "because we haven't done the same for a select group of our players we don't care" is a pretty ridiculous comparison.

You're correct to think that we have no plans to surprise you like the airline company surprised those passengers. That is a rather unbelievable thought if you honestly are asking us to do the same.  Look at the clothes you're wearing, the food you're eating, the stuff you decorate your house with, the shops you shop in daily/weekly/monthly.. Do you expect those companies to treat you with a special gift like the airline did?

Again sir I have to ask, why after watching that video why do you honestly expect the same treatment from a free to play computer game and not any other company who's products you regularly use?

Is that really what it comes down to do? "Wargaming doesn't care because they don't give away free TV's or other things I want for Christmas" ?

To the other people reading this thread or accusing us of not caring.  With the greatest of respect here you need to chill out and stop being so negative or looking for the bad side of things all the time. The Winter surprize calendar is not the main Christmas event. It's something extra we have done on the lead up to Christmas. It was never stated that is all you get this month. The portal page even has the following message at the start of the article:

Block Quote

December has arrived and with it comes the holiday season! Later this month, we will be kicking off our huge end of year celebrations. Until that time, we thought we would get you all in the mood for the festivities by having a Winter Surprise Calendar for our Premium Shop!

So you don't like the offers... Ok that's fine. Not every offer will apply to everyone and the calendar was never advertised as World of Tanks only, It's a premium shop event. 

Some of you are acting like the Winter Surprise calendar is all you have been given for Christmas and yet Christmas is still 13 days away!  You're complaining about a present that hasn't been announced and you haven't got yet....  That's ridiculous to be honest and this (taking things for granted/spoiled kid) attitude needs to stop.

Sringoot #38 Posted 12 December 2013 - 02:53 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 40203 battles
  • [WHO] WHO

What Ectar said.

The Holiday period will give us a major special, and possibly a christmas tank ( tier II premium ) as a treat. Not sure about the free tank, but a major special will be present.

Some people just like to wine above everything else it seems... I sort of feel sorry for those people

richo83 #39 Posted 12 December 2013 - 03:03 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 16506 battles
  • [BUFF] BUFF

View PostEctar, on 12 December 2013 - 02:46 PM, said:

We do care about our players. To show us an example of 2 flights of people getting presents from their airline, and then saying; "because we haven't done the same for a select group of our players we don't care" is a pretty ridiculous comparison.

You're correct to think that we have no plans to surprise you like the airline company surprised those passengers. That is a rather unbelievable thought if you honestly are asking us to do the same.  Look at the clothes you're wearing, the food you're eating, the stuff you decorate your house with, the shops you shop in daily/weekly/monthly.. Do you expect those companies to treat you with a special gift like the airline did?

Again sir I have to ask, why after watching that video why do you honestly expect the same treatment from a free to play computer game and not any other company who's products you regularly use?

Is that really what it comes down to do? "Wargaming doesn't care because they don't give away free TV's or other things I want for Christmas" ?

To the other people reading this thread or accusing us of not caring.  With the greatest of respect here you need to chill out and stop being so negative or looking for the bad side of things all the time. The Winter surprize calendar is not the main Christmas event. It's something extra we have done on the lead up to Christmas. It was never stated that is all you get this month. The portal page even has the following message at the start of the article:

So you don't like the offers... Ok that's fine. Not every offer will apply to everyone and the calendar was never advertised as World of Tanks only, It's a premium shop event. 

Some of you are acting like the Winter Surprise calendar is all you have been given for Christmas and yet Christmas is still 13 days away!  You're complaining about a present that hasn't been announced and you haven't got yet....  That's ridiculous to be honest and this (taking things for granted/spoiled kid) attitude needs to stop.

there are 2 options:

#1: you just don't want to read and understand what i mean

#2: you really don't get it

i don't believe in number 2, so why are you writing this?

I DON'T WANT WG TO GIVE ME ANY GIFT. I never wrote anything about that.

but if you think everything is wonderfull between wg and the community, ok. maybe all the fuckedup people here are drunk or something else.

and maybe it's really to hard making customers happy. at least an answer for you: yes, i expect companys to care about me or better to care about their customers. but i don't expect them to give anything away for free, even if this seems to be hard to understand for some people.

lavaboy #40 Posted 12 December 2013 - 03:18 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 15313 battles

It's just a simple matter of economics.

WG aren't greedy, or stupid, they just have no real competition. No... War Thunder is not real competition, not yet anyway.

Believe me, if WoT really felt threatened by WT, we would be drowning in free gifts and amazing discounts.

So, tough titties, enjoy the game as it is and don't feel so entitled when the game is "free" to start with.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users