This is how you make a christmas surprise to your customers

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
90 replies to this topic

krazypenguin #41 Posted 12 December 2013 - 03:21 PM

Major

• Player
  • 27734 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

Then WHAT are you asking for, if not some better freebies?  The point of that video is that those people got something expensive for free.  

WG don't have to give us ANY free stuff, let alone missions or discounts every weekend.  Of course it's not altruistic,  it's all balanced to keep people interested in the game - oh how evil that they, a profit making organisation, should attempt to make money from their customers.  Honestly, do you ever walk into your local supermarket and complain that the offers aren't good enough?   I really do not understand this community sometimes...

And if you say it's not about freebies but about relationship between community and WG, well they never claimed that was perfect.  In fact during the GJ run up they acknowledged that there are problems that need to be fixed - but reconciliation takes effort from both sides and the majority of the posters in this community seem to be so closed of mind and determined to hate that I cannot see how the EU community team have any chance at all.

richo83 #42 Posted 12 December 2013 - 03:25 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 16506 battles
  • [BUFF] BUFF
hey lavaboy, you are right, for sure. and if this is the way wg handles customerfeedback i'm going to shut up now and one day i leave quietly. so no one in minsk will have an idea why all the players have gone, no problem for me. the game is fun, and it's still fun when wg doesn't care what the players think. i just wanted to tell what i think about wg, if no one cares - ok. i leave this thread and be quiet now ;)

Yukiikaze #43 Posted 12 December 2013 - 04:00 PM

Major

• Clan Commander
  • 13273 battles
  • [2-ATB] 2-ATB

Well its nice to see that we get some discounts and some "special" things (wonder what that will be!). There is enought time this month and i wonder what they can pull out of their hat. So please don't get fucked up cause "Greedy Belarus EU Biased WG dont givz me Tenk dat i wantz!". All in all its their choice.

There are other game publisher (do not want to call names) that are out there and give a (sry but no other word for that) crap*autocorrected lol nice should be "sh!t"(!) about your whining, and they have no community events or even some discounts.

So may u stop that whining and be happy with those things u get!

Just my 2 cents and feel free to tear me apart.

Edited by Yukiikaze, 12 December 2013 - 04:03 PM.

Homer_J #44 Posted 12 December 2013 - 04:02 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 32425 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View Postkrazypenguin, on 12 December 2013 - 02:21 PM, said:

The point of that video is that those people got something expensive for free.  

The point of the video is that a tiny number of the airline's customers got something for free and the airline got a massive ad campaign for free judging by the number of places I've seen the video pop up just today.

If WG did the same it would be "why only 30 players get this" and "WG you only do it for the publicity".

krazypenguin #45 Posted 12 December 2013 - 04:06 PM

Major

• Player
  • 27734 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
Yes, agreed...

gpalsson #46 Posted 12 December 2013 - 04:12 PM

General

• Player
  • 24508 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

Edit: meh can't delete my post. just forget it, it was totally offtopic.

Edited by gpalsson, 12 December 2013 - 04:14 PM.

Lord_WC #47 Posted 12 December 2013 - 04:55 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 18655 battles

I have to ask, and I know I'm cynical, but just how many of you wanting free stuff and 'better customer care' are actually customers?

It's a free to play game ffs. It's not obligatory to spend money on it. Hell, most of the players didn't ever spent a dime on it. Yeah, I agree, WG really should give a little something-something to its customers. I also understand they won't do it. What would be a message of 'if you bought more than 30k gold this year you get this nice t4 premium'. Imagine the whine. They either give something to everyone or none at all - and they can't give big things to those that deserve it since the backlash from the freeloaders would be huge.

wsatnutter #48 Posted 12 December 2013 - 05:00 PM

General

• Beta Tester
  • 26454 battles
  • [WSAT] WSAT

@Op we  get lots of goodies all year round every weekend plus middle of the week bonuses

And ive been given free tshirt and tank at tankfest2013 I give my money freely for a damn good game

I remember the days before Ektar a Ipaul iscending etc .it was bsd times now they all help to make the European community bette

So stop shouting I want I want if we get goodies at Christmas all well and good if not so what

Chillax and play tbe damn game

lavaboy #49 Posted 12 December 2013 - 05:50 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 15313 battles

View PostLord_WC, on 12 December 2013 - 03:55 PM, said:

I have to ask, and I know I'm cynical, but just how many of you wanting free stuff and 'better customer care' are actually customers?

It's a free to play game ffs. It's not obligatory to spend money on it. Hell, most of the players didn't ever spent a dime on it. Yeah, I agree, WG really should give a little something-something to its customers. I also understand they won't do it. What would be a message of 'if you bought more than 30k gold this year you get this nice t4 premium'. Imagine the whine. They either give something to everyone or none at all - and they can't give big things to those that deserve it since the backlash from the freeloaders would be huge.

+1

I'll join you on the Cynical Couch (budge up fatty!). It would indeed be interesting to know if the beggars and whingers are also payers. I know for a fact a lot of my friends who play this game, both in TeamSpeak and here on the forums who regularly pay for towards it, are just those who bash the beggars, and troll the entitled.

EbenezerScrooge #50 Posted 12 December 2013 - 06:37 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 3568 battles

View PostEctar, on 12 December 2013 - 11:28 AM, said:

The Christmas bonus/discounts haven't even been announced yet and I'm sure everyone will be surprized what is you can get then.

Whilst I agree that video is really awesome, it's a bit unfair to come to any other company and say "Hey you should do this too". I mean I know Christmas is all about giving, but why would you expect a computer game you play to buy you Chirstmas gifts?  That's a pretty crazy request to be honest.  "Wargaming didn't buy me a TV for Christmas, they don't care".

Take a step back and calm down please. I'm sure World of Tanks isn't the only game you play and to somehow think that we should give out high value freebies just because you want them is a rather nasty way of thinking.

Do you get free stuff when you play Super Mario World/GTA V/Battlefield 4/World of Warcraft/League of Legends?

Why the demand from World of Tanks?  

Have you actually written down the discounts you get over the space of a single month and realised all the discounts and bonuses you already get?

sure it's nice but there is also a downside of this discounts and bonuses we all know what I'm talking about and apparently WG can't fix those

I would rather choose game without discounts and bonuses to actually have fun with decent teams but all I can see is more and more red armies attracted(more profit for WG) by your awesome discounts and bonuses(more credits=more premium rounds,like we need that..) making this game less and less playable and more and more frustrating and more and more bot and afk friendly

go figure

Edited by EbenezerScrooge, 12 December 2013 - 06:44 PM.

Entilzha66 #51 Posted 12 December 2013 - 06:43 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 4439 battles

I am curious to see what WG has in store for us.

And the old credo goes: "Better to have given and been thanked, then not to have given at all"

If I were to live closer to the WG office, I would love to come by and give Christmas chocolates and wine for all the folks there. :)

(unfortunately flying over 6,000 miles to Paris i doubt everything will be fresh...)

Just wait and see.

Murphy1up #52 Posted 12 December 2013 - 06:49 PM

Lieutenant General

• Military Reserve
  • 11327 battles
  • [-QQ-] -QQ-

View PostEbenezerScrooge, on 12 December 2013 - 05:37 PM, said:

sure it's nice but there is also a downside of this discounts and bonuses we all know what I'm talking about and apparently WG can't fix those

I would rather choose game without discounts and bonuses to actually have fun with decent teams but all I can see is more and more red armies attracted(more profit for WG) by your awesome discounts and bonuses(more credits=more premium rounds,like we need that..) making this game less and less playable and more and more frustrating and more and more bot and afk friendly

go figure

Right now in news announcement thread a few players are complaining because the feel the weekend bonus isn't enough.  People always want different things. 

SturmJagdTiger #53 Posted 12 December 2013 - 07:20 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 14900 battles

What i would love to see is if wargameing actually had a special event for loyal 'customers' who actually spend money on the game.

for example :

if you spent 20+ bucks on the game this year u get a day of free premium

30+ is 3 days of prem

40+ is a week

50 + is a week of prem and a special prem tank

these are just examples afterall it would be for wg to decide wwhat to give

more as in a thank you for supporting us all this time kind of event

Edited by SturmJagdTiger, 12 December 2013 - 07:21 PM.

Chimeratech #54 Posted 12 December 2013 - 08:26 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 19004 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostEctar, on 12 December 2013 - 05:49 PM, said:

Right now in news announcement thread a few players are complaining because the feel the weekend bonus isn't enough.  People always want different things. 

it's "they"

not "the" 

Edited by WE_ARE_HARBINGER, 12 December 2013 - 08:29 PM.

Banelord300 #55 Posted 12 December 2013 - 08:34 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 17540 battles
I would love to see reward for long time players (1 year old+) but its not something I demand.

Ulv_Jaeger #56 Posted 12 December 2013 - 08:38 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 12872 battles

View Postlavaboy, on 12 December 2013 - 05:50 PM, said:

+1

I'll join you on the Cynical Couch (budge up fatty!). It would indeed be interesting to know if the beggars and whingers are also payers. I know for a fact a lot of my friends who play this game, both in TeamSpeak and here on the forums who regularly pay for towards it, are just those who bash the beggars, and troll the entitled.

I'd like to know how many of the people labling others as "beggers and whingers" are sock-puppets and interns.

Here's an idea for some festive spirit… free slots (and why not camo too) for vehicles ground and bought in December… that might go a little way towards reverting my cynicism.

Vehicles at discounted credits requiring gold to be spent on full price slots… Sorry but I can picture them around the marketing table listing their top 10 ways to get people buying, and spending more ridiculously expensive virtual gold.

Their choice as they say. 

ZeLemanRuss #57 Posted 12 December 2013 - 08:45 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 30913 battles
  • [-SOLO] -SOLO

View Postricho83, on 12 December 2013 - 07:35 AM, said:

Hi all,
instead of giving us uselss or too expensive "gifts" wg should have a look on other companies that are aible to surprise their customers in a really nice way.
Just found this video here (sorry the article is german, but the video is in english): http://marketing-gui.de/2013/12/12/westjet-weihnachtsuberraschung/
Is ist really that hard to do a real surprise to us? I don't think, may be they just need some inspiration...

Do you really need to promote your blog on a video game forum?

PS: If I drew the wrong conclusions, sincere apologies. But "Enrico" and "richo83"... cmon!

thewolfpack #58 Posted 12 December 2013 - 08:47 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 58275 battles
  • [LEOHQ] LEOHQ

This is madness!!!

@ OP:

How do you react to beggars?

How do you react to peps who try to force you into anything? (Especialy if they are weaker as you)

Do you seriously think that threats and begging are going to work?

Since when is it mandatory to GIFT someone anything?

Spoiler

Edited by thewolfpack, 12 December 2013 - 08:48 PM.

lavaboy #59 Posted 12 December 2013 - 08:49 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 15313 battles

View PostUlv_Jaeger, on 12 December 2013 - 07:38 PM, said:

I'd like to know how many of the people labling others as "beggers and whingers" are sock-puppets and interns.

Here's an idea for some festive spirit… free slots (and why not camo too) for vehicles ground and bought in December… that might go a little way towards reverting my cynicism.

Vehicles at discounted credits requiring gold to be spent on full price slots… Sorry but I can picture them around the marketing table listing their top 10 ways to get people buying, and spending more ridiculously expensive virtual gold.

Their choice as they say. 

What else would you call someone who plays a free game and then complains that they're not getting what they're entitled to?

And if you're inferring that I'm a sock-puppet or an intern I'd have to laugh (lol). I have no love of WG, but WoT is a great game that I've spent many hours playing, as have you to reach nearly 3k games, and I'm sure many more.

Edited by lavaboy, 12 December 2013 - 08:50 PM.

para4502 #60 Posted 12 December 2013 - 08:54 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 57521 battles
  • [BRT_6] BRT_6

get annoyed with some things about WOT - however in general think the game is good. Most annoying thing for me is the nerfing of premium tanks - not ethical really.

:)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users