Jump to content


Made my day

Good fun

  • This topic is locked This topic is locked
11 replies to this topic

Baldrickk #1 Posted 13 December 2013 - 11:18 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 30307 battles
  • 14,495
  • [-TAH-] -TAH-
  • Member since:
    03-03-2013

Didn't have a great session yesterday, head wasn't really in the game. Took out the KV-2 and ended up in a tier 8 game on ruinberg, south spawn. Most of my team headed for the field (wow) so started heading into town.

 

Enemy jgpII having taken some damage elsewhere decides to get behind our team, and barrels across the crossroads NE of the church. 

He wasn't spotted until he came out of the side road, and I was 80-100m away (I think) but I responded fast enough to adjust my aim and shoot, and despite the enemy travelling at top speed and maximum dispersion on 152mm gun, the shot flew true and penetrated his side for his full remaining 842 hp.

Did over 2k dmg and ended top that game.

 

Also this week, 5 ace tankers, two in heavies (IS and Tiger II) with only turrets researched, 

In the IS ace game, I ammo racked an IS2 from full HP, and did the same to a t44 in my ferdi night before last.

 

A while ago now, when my hellcat was stock, I set a vk3001P on fire, with the fire then cooking off his ammorack just before it burnt out :p

 

What really good moments have you guys had in the game recently to keep you playing no matter how bad your loosing streak may be?

 

Feel free to brag. This should be a feel-good thread!



A_Hardy_Buck #2 Posted 13 December 2013 - 11:34 AM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 4220 battles
  • 2,287
  • Member since:
    05-27-2013

Playing the 704 yesterday in platoon it was lakeville , spawned and tried to play the game , my two platoon mates went city I intended on going middle road to support , 3 minutes later i was still stuck in cap because some idiot in an IS-3 was blocking me eventually i escaped and got out of the cap he shoots me and tracks me then drives around the front of my 704 and blocks me again , massive mistake I am now both seriously annoyed and also out of the cap circle , tap him in the side and burn him , allied IS-3 dead , Proceed to the middle where i could support my friends get trashed in the city and end up dealing 6.8k dmg before we finally lose 

 

Finished the battle with 6.8k dmg , 1.5k friendly dmg 4 kills including 1 team kill and despite the 60k fine for kill the IS-3 i still made profit didn't even go blue :glasses: Only down side is that I didn't get sniper because one of my shots was on a "friendly" :sceptic:



krazypenguin #3 Posted 13 December 2013 - 12:28 PM

    Major

  • Player
  • 27097 battles
  • 2,790
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    08-15-2011

Had a really nice experience in a random the other day on Swamp in my KV-2.  We had another player on our team also in a KV-2 and he said hello to me.  We got talking and agreed to stick together.  I led us up to the top line of the map which has a nice sunken channel which is perfect for the KV-2 to fight from.  Sure enough, we wiped out the enemies up there but our team had lost the middle and bottom of the map so we cut through the town to the middle of the map and killed everything we met there too.

That just left a two enemy tanks in the South versus our two KV-2 and a T-50.  The T-50 was spotting like a boss for us and lit up one of the last enemy tanks and we blew him up just as he killed the T-50.  So it was 2 damaged KV-2 versus an almost full health VK3601.  We knew where he was and, following the KV-2 mantra of "never go anywhere alone" we both charged him and pummelled him.  He backed off and we lost contact and it turned into a guessing game of who would go where.  We got lucky and guessed right, catching him from an unexpected direction.  I got close enough to deliver the coup de grace just as he turned to face us and was shocked to see my own clan logo smiling back at me from the front of his tank - he was a fellow Dinger!  Still blew him up though.. ;-)

 

So our unofficial KV-2 platoon ended the game with 8 kills (4 each) and over 5k of damage done.  It's games like that (by which I mean where you have meaningful chat and actual team work) in random battles that make the game worthwhile for me.

 

That made my day

 



s1me76 #4 Posted 13 December 2013 - 12:31 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Player
  • 8866 battles
  • 60
  • Member since:
    05-23-2011

View Postkrazypenguin, on 13 December 2013 - 11:28 AM, said:

Had a really nice experience in a random the other day on Swamp in my KV-2.  We had another player on our team also in a KV-2 and he said hello to me.  We got talking and agreed to stick together.  I led us up to the top line of the map which has a nice sunken channel which is perfect for the KV-2 to fight from.  Sure enough, we wiped out the enemies up there but our team had lost the middle and bottom of the map so we cut through the town to the middle of the map and killed everything we met there too.

That just left a two enemy tanks in the South versus our two KV-2 and a T-50.  The T-50 was spotting like a boss for us and lit up one of the last enemy tanks and we blew him up just as he killed the T-50.  So it was 2 damaged KV-2 versus an almost full health VK3601.  We knew where he was and, following the KV-2 mantra of "never go anywhere alone" we both charged him and pummelled him.  He backed off and we lost contact and it turned into a guessing game of who would go where.  We got lucky and guessed right, catching him from an unexpected direction.  I got close enough to deliver the coup de grace just as he turned to face us and was shocked to see my own clan logo smiling back at me from the front of his tank - he was a fellow Dinger!  Still blew him up though.. ;-)

 

So our unofficial KV-2 platoon ended the game with 8 kills (4 each) and over 5k of damage done.  It's games like that (by which I mean where you have meaningful chat and actual team work) in random battles that make the game worthwhile for me.

 

That made my day

 

oh the horror !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:confused:



Yag0 #5 Posted 13 December 2013 - 12:42 PM

    Lieutenant Сolonel

  • Player
  • 3168 battles
  • 3,420
  • Member since:
    04-24-2012

View Posts1me76, on 13 December 2013 - 11:31 AM, said:

oh the horror !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:confused:


The humanity !!!!!!!!



Rage_Quit_Inc #6 Posted 13 December 2013 - 01:00 PM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 5211 battles
  • 192
  • [RQI] RQI
  • Member since:
    06-26-2013
Having an insane amount of luck with bata damage, set FOUR yes count them FOUR tier 6 tanks on fire with my little T49, 5 kills and 2.6k damage that game.....

Siimcy_ #7 Posted 13 December 2013 - 01:11 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 67 battles
  • 1,014
  • Member since:
    11-04-2013

View PostA_Hardy_Buck, on 13 December 2013 - 11:34 AM, said:

Playing the 704 yesterday in platoon it was lakeville , spawned and tried to play the game , my two platoon mates went city I intended on going middle road to support , 3 minutes later i was still stuck in cap because some idiot in an IS-3 was blocking me eventually i escaped and got out of the cap he shoots me and tracks me then drives around the front of my 704 and blocks me again , massive mistake I am now both seriously annoyed and also out of the cap circle , tap him in the side and burn him , allied IS-3 dead , Proceed to the middle where i could support my friends get trashed in the city and end up dealing 6.8k dmg before we finally lose 

 

Finished the battle with 6.8k dmg , 1.5k friendly dmg 4 kills including 1 team kill and despite the 60k fine for kill the IS-3 i still made profit didn't even go blue :glasses: Only down side is that I didn't get sniper because one of my shots was on a "friendly" :sceptic:

 

 

Reroll nub. :3



BrokenWing #8 Posted 13 December 2013 - 01:20 PM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 25785 battles
  • 5,014
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    05-16-2011

JPII game on Swamp, tried to snipe from the hills and got bit battered by a T28 (the US TD, not the Tier IV USSR med!). I vowed I would have my revenge.

 

Game progresses until it's only me in my 23% JPII and a 10% Tiger I who is capping, versus the T28 and their T25/2, who is heading for our cap.

 

The T28 starts going back to decap, just as the T25/2 starts capping. I have to save the Tiger so I make a dash for the C8 corner and find the T28 chugging along with his side nicely exposed to me.

 

BOOM! 450 HP off and a nice engine fire to go with it. He burns to death and I rejoice as I go join our Tiger for the cap win.

 

So I fire up the JPII again and get Fishermans Bay, start north and I make a sort of "bee line for the E line" near the village. Spot a T28 making the slow crawl from the south base to the village and, once again, with a fully exposed side to me.

 

BOOM! 480 HP off and a nice engine fire to go with it. He too burns to death and I wear a big crap-eating grin for the rest of the day. :justwait:



Baldrickk #9 Posted 14 December 2013 - 12:24 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 30307 battles
  • 14,495
  • [-TAH-] -TAH-
  • Member since:
    03-03-2013
I've got a new one! Ramming a kv-4 to death and surviving, in an M6. 3 tier 8 kills and a topgun. http://wotreplays.co...es-baldrickk-m6

cellaman7 #10 Posted 14 December 2013 - 12:29 PM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 34288 battles
  • 4,553
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    03-31-2013

Just had a good night all round last night. Had 3 battles in Tilly coming top but losing, then on Swamp map I was last man and took out 6 oncoming enemy (2 of them tier 6) so I got a epic medal beginning with 'L'???

 

I just kept doing loads of damage and staying alive. I think the game has finally 'clicked' after 8k battles. lol



Aerthryn #11 Posted 14 December 2013 - 01:23 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 22206 battles
  • 899
  • Member since:
    07-26-2011

http://wotreplays.com/site/469295#airfield-aerthryn-t-34-3

 

this game - i thought i would treat myself to a T-34-3 for my birthday last month and so far it's still around 40% wins with it, i have had a bad start with it that's for sure but then i just went and pulled that one out of the hat: Not trying to accomplish anything in particular, i was feeling ill and didn't want to play the hero like i often do with medium tanks and there we go, perhaps it is the secret to the T-34-3



Baldrickk #12 Posted 14 December 2013 - 02:18 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 30307 battles
  • 14,495
  • [-TAH-] -TAH-
  • Member since:
    03-03-2013

View Postcellaman7, on 14 December 2013 - 12:29 PM, said:

Just had a good night all round last night. Had 3 battles in Tilly coming top but losing, then on Swamp map I was last man and took out 6 oncoming enemy (2 of them tier 6) so I got a epic medal beginning with 'L'???

 

I just kept doing loads of damage and staying alive. I think the game has finally 'clicked' after 8k battles. lol

Lehvaslaiho's medal? Good work. Not managed one of those, bit I want one







Also tagged with Good, fun

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users