[Suggestion] Team Killing Ban Duration

TK TeamKilling Ban

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
19 replies to this topic

Poll: Team Killing (42 members have cast votes)

how long do you think a ban should be for team killing

1. 1 day (13 votes [20.31%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 20.31%

2. 1 week (18 votes [28.12%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 28.12%

3. 1 month (10 votes [15.62%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 15.62%

4. 2 months (4 votes [6.25%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 6.25%

5. 3 months (8 votes [12.50%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 12.50%

6. permenent (11 votes [17.19%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 17.19%

Vote Hide poll

AnucuTarok #1 Posted 15 December 2013 - 01:10 PM

Private

• Player
  • 1733 battles

In the months i have sat and played this game I must say Ive had my ups and downs with it.

The game concept of it is great and im looking forward to the world of warships when it comes out hurry on that one guys the anticipation is killing me lol.

Anyhows back to the subject dispite the draw backs from the badly put together code that compramises the match making the one thing that needs addressing badly is the team killing now from what I understand there is meant to be a system in play already but it clearly isnt detering players from having their bit of random fun and tking their teams in matches.

Stronger action needs to be put in place to deter people from tking.

personaly if it was me I would have a system of : 1 tk = first warning (name goes blue on hanger)

2 tk = secound warning (name goes red on hanger) 3 tk = a 3 month ban for un sportsmanship and unfair play.

Now to some of you this may seam a little harsh and to be honest I dont care if you dont like my opinion what I d care about is being able to play the game as it should be and have fun doing it and people who decide to play unfairly shouldnt be allowed to play if thats the way they want to play.

Plz war gaming this subject needs addressing atleast look at a the poll and think about it your measures are not strict enough and dont deter tking what so ever.

Please don't use red as it is reserved for moderators and staff. I've edited the title and moved it to the more appropriate section now.

iScending

Tankomania99 #2 Posted 15 December 2013 - 01:12 PM

Private

• Player
  • 1104 battles
  • [TSWL] TSWL
I agree entirely TK'ers ruin everyone elses fun..

Desyatnik_Pansy #3 Posted 15 December 2013 - 01:16 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 5135 battles

3 Month ban for only your third TK? I'm sorry, but that's just too harsh. I've managed by now atleast two TKs which have been completely unintentional and happened due to a teammate rolling out in front of me as I fire a shot off (for example), 

To put it simply; I feel your opinion is wrong, your idea is bad and the system should stay as it is. It may not be great, but it's there and it does work sometimes.

Aerthryn #4 Posted 15 December 2013 - 01:18 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 20754 battles

I think the key issue is that it would cause unfair punishments.. let the punishment fit the crime as it goes.. you can't do anything to somebody apart from in game so it's a non-issue if they care about what happens to their account or not.. i.e. whether it is a true deterrent for that person.. simply though.. if you ruin 1 game, sure maybe nothing happens, if you do enough to ruin a few games though and you lose a day? seems like a match to me.. 

also there is the problem of.. automation.. given that the manpower is clearly not enough to deal with consistently banning those offenders in a timely fashion, that means if the automated component punished the innocent or the justified at least, it would take so long to revoke the wrong punishment that the ban time would probably have elapsed anyway..

___Flat___Liner___ #5 Posted 15 December 2013 - 02:52 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 27583 battles
  • [-SUCK] -SUCK

TK probably most happens in low tier games where people are still experimenting to see what effects their actions have in a game.

In high tier games i rarely see TK moments and if it happens its cause there is a quarrel between two players (craphappens)

I think bann system works fine as it is. Swallow your loss when gettin Tk'd and move on to next match.

_Antipathy #6 Posted 15 December 2013 - 03:05 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 569 battles

We could vote every option.

The punition should depend more on the intention, but as WoT's a game full of algorithms, it wouldn't see any difference between intentional and unintentional team killing.

Homer_J #7 Posted 15 December 2013 - 04:25 PM

First Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 17380 battles
  • [AXIOM] AXIOM

View Post_Antipathy, on 15 December 2013 - 02:05 PM, said:

We could vote every option.

Since the OP didn't state if this was 1st offence or 100th I did just that.

Folau #8 Posted 15 December 2013 - 04:36 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 8095 battles
  • [SCRUB] SCRUB

The issue is proving intent. We've all had moments where someone has rolled through our sniper zoom as we've fired, equally I know I've probably done it to others. My issue is when people go out of their way to TK deliberately, and for that I want the book thrown at them.

Considering it can be tricky enough to detect many in-game offenses determining whether a TK was intentional or accidental might be unfeasible. I'm not sure, I'm no expert on these matters.

DA_ZOHAN #9 Posted 16 December 2013 - 06:14 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 30265 battles
  • [UHF] UHF

There has to be a distinction.

There are unintentional TK's, in which players move in front of u just as u click fire.

Then there are the players which push u out and use u as armor.  This in my opinion is much worse.  This is most worthy of warning bans.  I had a game earlier this morning in which I was in my ISU-152 on erlenberg.  G1, a vk45a obviously camped there since it is the flavor of the month that heavies camp in TD spots.  He got right behind me, and started pushing. I asked him to back off and go along my side so he would not block.  4 Reds in front at entrance to castle (heavies camping and scouts camping as well)  I tried to back up and get behind the hill but he is right there.  I took 3 shots and was down to less then 150 HP.

I turned on him and let loose.

My game was ruined due to unfair play.  Should I get banned for avenging?

The only way to implement a ban system on this matter is to send in tickets with replay.  And WoT took that option out.

A final point is that if WoT start wholesale banning players, their whole business model crumbles.

10 free accounts= 2 Premium accounts.  They need all the warm bodies they can get.

JAPPY #10 Posted 16 December 2013 - 12:37 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 28050 battles
  • [NVS] NVS

Well... As it is supposed to be the same reporting on TEST servers, I would love a permanent ban for joining tests when a TK is done on purpose.

It is almost imposible to test on the beta versions with the number of mad players we have, killing each others on purpose, and especially if you have the _EU or _US flag after your nickname...

Edited by JAPPY, 16 December 2013 - 12:37 PM.

wheresmesabot #11 Posted 17 December 2013 - 07:34 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 8086 battles

A lot of the team killing happens at the start with no enemy on radar.

I think 1 shot normal, 2 shots massive penalty and also team reward as one tank down can be a game changer. 1 Tank down another takes out the idiot is three tanks down.

Team should get a bonus as often its a dud game.

Devs should be able to detect that early stupidity and maybe deactivate in game?

AnucuTarok #12 Posted 23 December 2013 - 11:22 PM

Private

• Player
  • 1733 battles

yes i agree to a point there are those moments that we have all unintentionaly popped an allied tank but im not on about those im on about the ones who do it intentionaly and it does hapen i higher tiers just not that often as it does in lower tiers but my opinion stands the ones who intentionaly go out of their way to spoil games should have a harsher punishment given to them how this is done is down to wot im not a programer so cant rly help on the algorithums and as for somone saying my opinion is bad no its just different to yours and by the sounds of it you seem to think its fun to go round ruining other peoples gaming sessions.

what wot need to do is find a better way to automate the banning system i mean come on 1 acidentaly tk is acceptable 2 more fool you 3 more fool me if any of you have heard that saying you should undestand where im coming from i mean if somone intentionaly killes allyies in every game their algo pics it up now its just a case of their system dont deter unfair plays so rly its ust a case of tinkering with the punishment given and its easy for the company to check their server data to see what is actualy going on with suspect accs.

so to those of you posting silly coments plz read into my opinion before you post on my posts plz

ManmadeChaos #13 Posted 23 December 2013 - 11:38 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 5289 battles
  • [1BAB] 1BAB

Probably putting a bigger compensation bonus in for when damage is done, the offending player already pays for the repairs that his damage has already caused... Maybe changing it so that the player has to pay for all of your repairs wether he caused it all or not would be nice, he's screwed your game up so he might as well pay for it.

p.s

op please change your text style, it's frigging irritating to read :)

Edited by ManmadeChaos, 23 December 2013 - 11:39 PM.

fyzz08 #14 Posted 24 December 2013 - 10:59 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 7367 battles
  • [-BBK-] -BBK-

you should change this topic to

if you shoot more than 10 shots in the first 10-15-20 seconds of the game in an hour get banned 5 days

this will avoid a lot of team killing and will remove for a lot of time the imbeciles from the game

Edited by fyzz08, 24 December 2013 - 11:00 AM.

RegularLogic #15 Posted 25 December 2013 - 06:13 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Clan Diplomat
  • 29401 battles
  • [BASE] BASE

The longest ban for teamkilling, which I personally have ever encurred was a 6 month ban after buying 12 months premium.

Do I teamkill a lot nowadays? nope.

System works fine.

Industrial7 #16 Posted 25 December 2013 - 09:42 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 2987 battles

I believe the current system is OK, I've accidentally TKed my allies (normally, it's the fact the enemy suddenly moves and the shot hits a light circling it). You shouldn't get punished for accidents, you just need to punish the idiots that do it on purpose.

AnucuTarok #17 Posted 26 December 2013 - 02:12 AM

Private

• Player
  • 1733 battles

oh come on guys for the love of god plz read my post properly im not talking about the ones who are accidental im talking about intentional tking which is quit easy to spot when a player is atempting to kill several allied players.

and as to the ban lengths they dont always ban to a 6 month 1 week it goes down to the descretion of wg staff as some people have had just a 24hr ban some a week some longer than that.

this is what needs to change as their tactic is not stopping intentional tking wg staff can easly see from gameplay if somthing is an acident or intentional.

so i will ask again if your not going to read my post properly plz do not comment because im tired of repeating myself oversomthing that was clearly statd in the original post.

ty all merry christmas

AudCuloriSS #18 Posted 26 December 2013 - 12:47 PM

Private

• Player
  • 1443 battles
Ok, I see the problem with "team kill" is a very common problem. I have a proposal. Why not follow the example of other famous games that have solved the problem of "friendly fire". For example, every time a player hits a member of his own team, he will receive damage and HP penalties! Basically, every time you hit a teammate, you will lose HP, until you will destroy yourself! In this way, TK will become suicidal :D I think this is the best way! :)

_Antipathy #19 Posted 26 December 2013 - 03:42 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 569 battles
Wouldn't be realistic. Why not taking off ally damage from the game? If you shoot an ally nothing happens, you can't even break a module.

___Lone_Wolf__ #20 Posted 27 December 2013 - 05:32 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 9057 battles
  • [WPACK] WPACK

View PostAnucuTarok, on 15 December 2013 - 01:10 PM, said:

In the months i have sat and played this game I must say Ive had my ups and downs with it.

The game concept of it is great and im looking forward to the world of warships when it comes out hurry on that one guys the anticipation is killing me lol.

Anyhows back to the subject dispite the draw backs from the badly put together code that compramises the match making the one thing that needs addressing badly is the team killing now from what I understand there is meant to be a system in play already but it clearly isnt detering players from having their bit of random fun and tking their teams in matches.

Stronger action needs to be put in place to deter people from tking.

personaly if it was me I would have a system of : 1 tk = first warning (name goes blue on hanger)

2 tk = secound warning (name goes red on hanger) 3 tk = a 3 month ban for un sportsmanship and unfair play.

Now to some of you this may seam a little harsh and to be honest I dont care if you dont like my opinion what I d care about is being able to play the game as it should be and have fun doing it and people who decide to play unfairly shouldnt be allowed to play if thats the way they want to play.

Plz war gaming this subject needs addressing atleast look at a the poll and think about it your measures are not strict enough and dont deter tking what so ever.

Please don't use red as it is reserved for moderators and staff. I've edited the title and moved it to the more appropriate section now.

iScending

The best thing they could do is when a player shoots at another player and destroys them they find themselves blowing up instead and the innocent player gets resurrected now that would be justice :trollface:.