Jump to content


War Thunder leaked tank models


  • This topic is locked This topic is locked
99 replies to this topic

hedi2222 #81 Posted 18 December 2013 - 03:20 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 31526 battles
  • 7,836
  • [LEWD] LEWD
  • Member since:
    08-12-2013
wasnt this stupid thread closed or whatever ? thats wierd how it popped up again in my posts .
PS . thx WT fanboys for negrepping me 

dam935 #82 Posted 18 December 2013 - 03:34 PM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 4894 battles
  • 181
  • Member since:
    08-18-2012
Good graphics doesn't mean good game. WT can attract few game addicts who heavily invested into their PC, but itdiddidn't give them skills, so they are blaming siemkas, RNG, lack/excess of historical accuracy, no multicore support and everything else apart from themselves. So they hope that ability to see rust in WT will make them unicums. So far main advantage of WoT is big players base, ability to play on weaker PC, full free to play, no pay to win as it now in WT, good role play vs better graphics in WT. For somebody who use WoT only as stress relief after hard day, WT is not runner

Rostklump #83 Posted 18 December 2013 - 03:57 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 35866 battles
  • 913
  • Member since:
    09-27-2012

View PostSchDerGrosse, on 17 December 2013 - 11:59 PM, said:

I too have high expectations of wt.

Iam currently taking a break of wot because of:

-gold ammo

-fantasy tanks

-power creep

-and overall I find it too arcadey for my taste.

 

Wot is a good game, dont get me wrong but not the ww2 tank game i wished it to be.

Maybe WT will be what I am looking for.

We'll see.

 

Same for me, except that im not tanking a wot break at the moment.

 

View Postlonigus, on 18 December 2013 - 02:55 PM, said:

Lol the OP is already enjoying a 30 day RO ban imo same as I did for my 3 WT pics in the past lol :D

 

Would not surprise me at all, censorship is Wg style after all but that is just another reason to look forward to WT in my opinion.



ammarmar #84 Posted 18 December 2013 - 04:05 PM

    Major

  • Player
  • 32819 battles
  • 2,872
  • Member since:
    01-29-2011

View Postdam935, on 18 December 2013 - 03:34 PM, said:

Good graphics doesn't mean good game. WT can attract few game addicts who heavily invested into their PC, but itdiddidn't give them skills, so they are blaming siemkas, RNG, lack/excess of historical accuracy, no multicore support and everything else apart from themselves. So they hope that ability to see rust in WT will make them unicums. So far main advantage of WoT is big players base, ability to play on weaker PC, full free to play, no pay to win as it now in WT, good role play vs better graphics in WT. For somebody who use WoT only as stress relief after hard day, WT is not runner


You don't get it. We don't want to play WT. We want WT graphics in WoT :D


Edited by ammarmar, 18 December 2013 - 04:05 PM.


MeetriX #85 Posted 18 December 2013 - 05:09 PM

    Lieutenant Сolonel

  • Player
  • 21537 battles
  • 3,199
  • [_ACE] _ACE
  • Member since:
    08-12-2012

View Postindipuk, on 17 December 2013 - 11:02 PM, said:

 

Its not the dirt its the RUST. Average lifespan of ww2 tank was so short than it simply didn't had enough time to get rust before getting destroyed or damaged and then sent for repairs. 


Weldings will rust in hours if not protected. 



HonzaM #86 Posted 18 December 2013 - 05:47 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 41646 battles
  • 828
  • [BIA] BIA
  • Member since:
    05-25-2011

One thing is for sure. WG desperately need some competition. They just make money on clueless new milk cows while old players are raging because some things are not being solved like for 3 years. No matter which game will be better or have more players, it is good thing for players.

 

Btw. Argue about rust??? Guys srsly... no comment :amazed:


Edited by HonzaM, 18 December 2013 - 05:51 PM.


SaintCaboose #87 Posted 18 December 2013 - 06:03 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 21538 battles
  • 669
  • [CDS] CDS
  • Member since:
    04-13-2011

View PostHonzaM, on 18 December 2013 - 04:47 PM, said:

Btw. Argue about rust??? Guys srsly... no comment :amazed:


i dare you to drive this thing and like it

 



ValveHead #88 Posted 18 December 2013 - 06:16 PM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 111 battles
  • 110
  • Member since:
    10-13-2013

View PostSaintCaboose, on 18 December 2013 - 06:03 PM, said:


i dare you to drive this thing and like it

 

It looks really cool... it just need 4 wheels and engine and it would be an awesome car.



ValveHead #89 Posted 18 December 2013 - 06:20 PM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 111 battles
  • 110
  • Member since:
    10-13-2013

View Postdam935, on 18 December 2013 - 03:34 PM, said:

Good graphics doesn't mean good game. WT can attract few game addicts who heavily invested into their PC, but itdiddidn't give them skills, so they are blaming siemkas, RNG, lack/excess of historical accuracy, no multicore support and everything else apart from themselves. So they hope that ability to see rust in WT will make them unicums. So far main advantage of WoT is big players base, ability to play on weaker PC, full free to play, no pay to win as it now in WT, good role play vs better graphics in WT. For somebody who use WoT only as stress relief after hard day, WT is not runner

Actually WT runs better on weaker and more powerful PC's while both weak and powerful PC's struggle with WoT. (There are options for changing graphics on both games.)


Edited by ValveHead, 18 December 2013 - 06:41 PM.


ValveHead #90 Posted 18 December 2013 - 06:40 PM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 111 battles
  • 110
  • Member since:
    10-13-2013

View Postindipuk, on 17 December 2013 - 11:02 PM, said:

 

Its not the dirt its the RUST. Average lifespan of ww2 tank was so short than it simply didn't had enough time to get rust before getting destroyed or damaged and then sent for repairs. 

You obviously have no idea how quickly bare metal rusts. Without protective coating bare steel in moist/wet enviroment will be covered with rust in hours. Tanks were open to bullets, shrapnel, rain, mud for weeks/months in a row. And when one of the tanks broke down or got knocked out of action they did not repaint it. They just fixed enough to get back in action.



Krellshand #91 Posted 19 December 2013 - 09:12 AM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 17961 battles
  • 140
  • Member since:
    04-14-2011

View PostThecageyone, on 18 December 2013 - 03:08 PM, said:

 

 

A tank from 1990 most likely would too. 

 

Why are people crying because one game looks better? I thought as gamers that was a bonus? And I bet any money if WOT had awful graphics, not so many would play it. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Uhmm, so WT sets his theme in modern day with tanks form ~1940?? Not sure what you want to say with this, but if you REALLY meant, that a tank from 1940 would be rusted and rotten by NOW, I agree. If you meant, that tanks, that are roughly 0-2 years in service look like those..... well no. First think, than write a post.

 

@Vavle head.

 

So, considering a battle normaly doesn´t last that long for a single tank (some exceptions are there, of course, but normally they get knocked out, damaged or run out of fuel/ammo and have to be refilled/repaired), the is NO WAY tanks look that rotten in a standing army. And you know why? Because they are the life insurance for the crew - they work as planed = good. They breake down/mailfunction because nobody cared - well your dead. 

Look at the pictures from WW2 - Dirt, uneven paint, scratches, some damage to the armour from non-penetrating hits - all these are possible for a tank that was in permanent service for the last weeks.  But RUST all over the place, on every mold line, junction and even bare platings - hell no. No army in the world would some of their most expensive weapons rot like this. 


Edited by Krellshand, 19 December 2013 - 09:14 AM.


PhooBar #92 Posted 19 December 2013 - 05:15 PM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 19682 battles
  • 2,378
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    01-22-2013

View PostKrellshand, on 19 December 2013 - 09:12 AM, said:

Uhmm, so WT sets his theme in modern day with tanks form ~1940?? Not sure what you want to say with this, but if you REALLY meant, that a tank from 1940 would be rusted and rotten by NOW, I agree. If you meant, that tanks, that are roughly 0-2 years in service look like those..... well no. First think, than write a post.

@Vavle head.

So, considering a battle normaly doesn´t last that long for a single tank (some exceptions are there, of course, but normally they get knocked out, damaged or run out of fuel/ammo and have to be refilled/repaired), the is NO WAY tanks look that rotten in a standing army. And you know why? Because they are the life insurance for the crew - they work as planed = good. They breake down/mailfunction because nobody cared - well your dead. 

Look at the pictures from WW2 - Dirt, uneven paint, scratches, some damage to the armour from non-penetrating hits - all these are possible for a tank that was in permanent service for the last weeks.  But RUST all over the place, on every mold line, junction and even bare platings - hell no. No army in the world would some of their most expensive weapons rot like this. 

 

Just a suspicion of mine, but...

Maybe WT will want to charge players money for a nice paint-job.

 

I'm thinking, flames and metal-flake.

 

Pinstripes - wait, wait - Racing stripes!  

 

Chrome spinny rims.

 

A kickin' sound system.

 

Maybe some hydraulics.

 

Pimp my tenk.



ValveHead #93 Posted 19 December 2013 - 07:12 PM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 111 battles
  • 110
  • Member since:
    10-13-2013

View PostKrellshand, on 19 December 2013 - 09:12 AM, said:

 

 

Uhmm, so WT sets his theme in modern day with tanks form ~1940?? Not sure what you want to say with this, but if you REALLY meant, that a tank from 1940 would be rusted and rotten by NOW, I agree. If you meant, that tanks, that are roughly 0-2 years in service look like those..... well no. First think, than write a post.

 

@Vavle head.

 

So, considering a battle normaly doesn´t last that long for a single tank (some exceptions are there, of course, but normally they get knocked out, damaged or run out of fuel/ammo and have to be refilled/repaired), the is NO WAY tanks look that rotten in a standing army. And you know why? Because they are the life insurance for the crew - they work as planed = good. They breake down/mailfunction because nobody cared - well your dead. 

Look at the pictures from WW2 - Dirt, uneven paint, scratches, some damage to the armour from non-penetrating hits - all these are possible for a tank that was in permanent service for the last weeks.  But RUST all over the place, on every mold line, junction and even bare platings - hell no. No army in the world would some of their most expensive weapons rot like this. 

You do realise that once paint gets chipped the bare metal starts to rust very quickly. They fix whatever they can/have to but they do not repaint their tank hulls because there is no point as rusty frontal armor does not affect tank performance at all.



Krellshand #94 Posted 19 December 2013 - 07:27 PM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 17961 battles
  • 140
  • Member since:
    04-14-2011

You have seen the pictures? Thats not a SCRATCH that rusts. Thats EVERY part of the tank, every mold line, every bolt, even the freaking blank metal plates.

And yes, the tanks get repainted when they get repaired, I would like to know where you get your information about the "they don´t get repainted and rust is not bad" stuff? But I guess its just your point of view. BTW - how about posting with your real acc?

 


And you know whats really funny? I can´t see any battle damage on those tanks. 

 

 



ValveHead #95 Posted 20 December 2013 - 11:19 AM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 111 battles
  • 110
  • Member since:
    10-13-2013

http://imgur.com/a/ol0k0

Most of the tanks barely got any rust on them. Some of the russian tanks are bit too rusty but most of the tanks are mostly very dirty.

You don't understand that only vital parts of the tank are repainted when they get repaired not the whole armor or side skirts etc. It will take a very very long time before rust starts to weaken thick armor etc. 



fr_Jagdmeister #96 Posted 21 December 2013 - 03:54 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Clan Commander
  • 14872 battles
  • 1,676
  • [REM] REM
  • Member since:
    02-01-2011



Valeriadrina #97 Posted 22 December 2013 - 07:10 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Beta Tester
  • 12826 battles
  • 782
  • Member since:
    08-12-2010

Models look fantastic and improved graphics engine is very nice, but... Their latest patch just fucked up WT pretty badly.

 

Economic system was changed totally, to a grind that resembles WoT. New japanese planes are broken as hell (flight model is utter garbage fabrication). Matchmaker spread increased because they moved from 20 tiers to 5 semi-tiers (with another semi-hidden tier system called Battle Rank imbedded within it), another horrid reminder of WoT (try to play tier 4 planes now and you will get clubbed by jets quite often). They added overheating to many planes, but went overboard with it (some planes heat up way too fast now, causing all sorts of problems). Domination mode capping is now suicide, because they removed capping reward so there is no incentive to do it unless you want to die horribly and get nothing out of it. Ground attack is now completely dictated by heavy bomber rushes, because they raised the spawn altitude on them (which means russian Yer:s with their overloaded bomb loads now can end up matches in 5 minutes or less). 

 

They have a pretty hard work ahead of them after new year if they plan to turn few things around for the better. My interest towards ground forces has been completely nullified (not that it was that much in the first place, but still). 



SirWili #98 Posted 23 December 2013 - 12:09 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 25830 battles
  • 1,303
  • [WOOF] WOOF
  • Member since:
    02-05-2011

View PostValeriadrina, on 22 December 2013 - 08:10 PM, said:

Models look fantastic and improved graphics engine is very nice, but... Their latest patch just fucked up WT pretty badly.

 

Economic system was changed totally, to a grind that resembles WoT. New japanese planes are broken as hell (flight model is utter garbage fabrication). Matchmaker spread increased because they moved from 20 tiers to 5 semi-tiers (with another semi-hidden tier system called Battle Rank imbedded within it), another horrid reminder of WoT (try to play tier 4 planes now and you will get clubbed by jets quite often). They added overheating to many planes, but went overboard with it (some planes heat up way too fast now, causing all sorts of problems). Domination mode capping is now suicide, because they removed capping reward so there is no incentive to do it unless you want to die horribly and get nothing out of it. Ground attack is now completely dictated by heavy bomber rushes, because they raised the spawn altitude on them (which means russian Yer:s with their overloaded bomb loads now can end up matches in 5 minutes or less). 

 

They have a pretty hard work ahead of them after new year if they plan to turn few things around for the better. My interest towards ground forces has been completely nullified (not that it was that much in the first place, but still). 

 

 

Changes were major, but it might be a good idea to wait for a week or two before sending detailed information about it here since hotfixes and adjustments are sure to be made.

 

 

I have been silent on these forums for a while, mostly because I have tested the WT to see what it has to offer.

 

Im talking now about ground forces and things which I would like to talk about and ask your opinions about them.

 

Things which are good in my opinion, please comment which of these you like, which you dont like.

 

no rng - penetration doesnt have a rng modifier, dmg doesnt have a rng modifier.

No health bars if shell penetrates, and is large enough, hitting some critical module like engine, fuel tank ( in case of gasoline operated tanks), ammo rack, it will destroy the tank.

no aiming time, no rng on accuracy. Shell flies where you aim, if you have remembered to take the distance into account while shooting at targets in distance.

no red silhuette around tanks. ( propably it will be used only on a tank which is spotted ( clicked as target)and which location the radist has transmitted to other tanks and planes flying nearby) 

no spotting ranges, view range is something between 5-6km, everything is visible, only thing hiding the tanks is natural cover as trees, rocks, hills, rivers etc. 

Test map size is 2x2 km (limited area from a plane map, which size is about 30x30 km), tanks will he able to travel quite freely on the plane maps, but action is forwarted towards key points in the map.

there will be  npc aaa, howitzers, vehicles and player controlled aaa tanks, as well as scouts, medium and heavy tanks and tank destroyers.

Respawning, although you can be oneshotted in the game, you can respawn back into the same game either with a plane or a tank, so you will be able to bomb your killer with stuga or just go back and see how he will do against your JT.

Eventually there will be planes, tanks and ships on the same battlefield, fighting together against each others. (If you dont like mixed fights, you will be able to play just tanks vs. tanks battles.

Physics will be more realistic than in wot.

 

Things which are negative in my opinion:

short timescale, earliest tanks will be from 1936-1937, latest will be from 1953. Basically this means t-26 - early T-54.

there are a ton of versions from a tank,  how about 6 versions of pz IV? This is done because of the respawning, you can probably bring up to 8 tanks into a fight in arcade. In historical you will most likely be able to bring only one tank ( historical is not yet ready, arcade is in CBT)

low amount of different tanks ( will get better when more tanks are presented)

tanks can shoot down planes.

game is still under big changes, balancing and fixing can and will be made a lot.

it might not run on as low end computers as WOT when the game is finished.

clanwars are not yet active.

games usually last for longer than in WoT, sometimes even up to 25 minutes /game.

 

 

Please share your thoughts and compare the games, we could help both companys to build their products as good as possible.

-Wili

 

 

 



Br0thers #99 Posted 25 December 2013 - 02:00 PM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 10384 battles
  • 116
  • Member since:
    04-29-2012

View PostSaintCaboose, on 18 December 2013 - 06:03 PM, said:


i dare you to drive this thing and like it

 

Bring it here!!!

 



HonzaM #100 Posted 26 December 2013 - 03:23 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 41646 battles
  • 828
  • [BIA] BIA
  • Member since:
    05-25-2011

View PostValeriadrina, on 22 December 2013 - 07:10 PM, said:

Models look fantastic and improved graphics engine is very nice, but... Their latest patch just fucked up WT pretty badly.

 

Economic system was changed totally, to a grind that resembles WoT. New japanese planes are broken as hell (flight model is utter garbage fabrication). Matchmaker spread increased because they moved from 20 tiers to 5 semi-tiers (with another semi-hidden tier system called Battle Rank imbedded within it), another horrid reminder of WoT (try to play tier 4 planes now and you will get clubbed by jets quite often). They added overheating to many planes, but went overboard with it (some planes heat up way too fast now, causing all sorts of problems). Domination mode capping is now suicide, because they removed capping reward so there is no incentive to do it unless you want to die horribly and get nothing out of it. Ground attack is now completely dictated by heavy bomber rushes, because they raised the spawn altitude on them (which means russian Yer:s with their overloaded bomb loads now can end up matches in 5 minutes or less). 

 

They have a pretty hard work ahead of them after new year if they plan to turn few things around for the better. My interest towards ground forces has been completely nullified (not that it was that much in the first place, but still). 


 Well said. I started to play WT again after some break and I was surprised how much work still left. Balance, bugs, graphic etc. And as I said first time, i am not sure that no RNG and 1 HP will be as good in tanks as it is in planes. But we should be glad that WG finally have some competition. They really need it.


Edited by HonzaM, 26 December 2013 - 03:24 PM.





1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users