All about bad players...(and how we can make them better ;) )

Beginners help tips my personal opinion guest273

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
8 replies to this topic

guest273 #1 Posted 25 December 2013 - 08:19 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 35394 battles

So I guest273 made this post because I think that there are too many bad players in low tiers (tier 1-4 mostly but up to tier 6) and they aren't learning fast enough... :sceptic:

So 1) One of my Friend players made 3 testing accounts and on all 3 of them he just went in to a battle and went out without doing anything at all (just as a bot player, so 300 teams were forced to play 14 vs 15 ). So on these profiles he got 47%, 48% and 45% win rates - without doing anything in the game 0.o :confused: (I don't want him to get in trouble for "being a bot" 300 games so his identity will be kept a secret). So...

a) People with below 45% win rate are helping the enemy team theoretically or don't have any luck/ have bad Match making. (they push snipers down hill, do team damage, spam, insult, push people why they aim, or are terrible players by nature). :amazed::child:

b) Match making makes half normal teams who have 45%-55% chance to win (with 13k games now it's hard to believe MM is any good :tongue: :facepalm:)

c) They skipped the tutorial and don't have any clue to what they are doing... So this leads to question 2) Why is the tutorial so bad?

2.1) In the tutorial players learn to drive, shoot, use auto aim and a bit about speed. They learn nothing about playing with artillery, tank destroyers, different tanks, scouting range, repairs, using repair kits and fire extinguishers (flamethrowers how one of my friend calls them :teethhappy: ). And this is because:

a) You can skip the tutorial

b) Yeah I did the tutorial tnx for 9k credits but I can't buy repair kits, med kits etc. for like  5 tanks at once + don't even talk about modules (500k credits for +15% aiming speed :facepalm:)

c) If this is their first "REAL" computer game they don't understand how premium tanks, gold and other cool stuff works. They will just sell premium tanks because you can get much money for them

... in a normal tutorial players need to learn how to reload auto-loaders, rapid fire guns (all ammo in a clip not shot out), how scouting works and how to hide in a bush :bush:, base defense, offence, when to go in sniper mode, how to know weak spots, how to play with arty or against it :justwait: - because too many players try to kamikaze arty driving straight :facepalm: :child: - it makes them more easy targets... i really enjoy killing enemies with my artillery when they are 2 meters in front of me. Players need to learn about crew damage, crew repairs, ammo explosions and falling damage, using mini map, they need to know that you can't shoot trough rocks, they need to know how to dodge artillery shots, how to switch ammo types, how to paint their tanks, how to use the chat for some useful information, etc. so much more...

They need to get some gold for starting and more than 9k credits and maybe permanent 50% off everything if you have below 1k games. 

WG you earn so much money and I only wish that you make low tiers more enjoyable (mostly by improving the tutorials, friendly attitude for new players),

with respect and love,

yours guest273

P.S. if you readers agree me please give me a positive comment or a like :medal: (medal to you if you did so) ...I sometimes say stupid stuff but whatever... :tongue:  :facepalm::harp:

...also forgot to mention you should put hit points not on % but on left/total for new players... oh yeah I see a new tank for the 1st time and he has 100% health, so can I kill him in 1 shot? who knows...

Edited by guest273, 25 December 2013 - 08:24 PM.

50lipa #2 Posted 25 December 2013 - 08:24 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 4081 battles
  • [PIMPE] PIMPE
Agreed with everything, +1

Norrin_Radd #3 Posted 25 December 2013 - 08:37 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 34120 battles
If you were right there would be a decrease in bad players as you get higher tiers, but it's not the case. I can cope with people who are slow learners, but far too many morons at T10 for my liking, I'm not a great player but I at least have an idea what to do in every tank I drive.

wolfmenseyes #4 Posted 25 December 2013 - 08:52 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 1705 battles
Push off cliff and hope to god your team win :D.

Edited by wolfmenseyes, 25 December 2013 - 08:52 PM.

_Antipathy #5 Posted 25 December 2013 - 09:12 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 651 battles

"We put good players in server 1 and bad players in server 2. Then us, the mighty good players will enjoy WoT with epic battles, while tomatoes will die of boredom playing against themselves"

They suggested once to include the WR in the mighty MM, but then you wouldn't find anyone who to fight against, so they forgot about it. 

Personally I think that with 7 000 battles you can reach an acceptable level. With 25 000 you're good for pro battles and clan wars.

ProBro_NL #6 Posted 28 December 2013 - 03:48 PM

Private

• Player
  • 2736 battles

i just use wrong tactics 

p.s. dont think = im going to win 

dekay77 #7 Posted 28 December 2013 - 07:02 PM

Private

• Player
  • 9671 battles

i dont see how giving new players more money and reduced prices would help. Sure they can buy upgrades and consumables much faster, but that goes for all of them. So it only would help leveling the playing field with guys whose tanks are already upgraded. They still have no clue, no tactics, havent taken the tutorial and still are more of an liability than an asset.

Even worse: most probably they would use the cash to buy higher tier tanks sooner instead of upgrading their tier 1-3s, so they´d be even more outskilled than already.

Updating the tutorial on the other hand is a VERY good idea,  maybe even  an IGM with links to some of the more important pinned threads of the game guides forum.

hedi2222 #8 Posted 29 December 2013 - 08:33 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 29218 battles
  • [LEWD] LEWD
i would think that people with high eff and an apetite of making fun of people ARE the main reason of bad players either not learning fast or just leaving the game early , these idiots think just because they have 10k+ battles they have the right to make fun of people . i have been in alot of situations where people just  make fun of my so called ' stats ' for no apparent reason , and guess what ? they are from my team 

_Antipathy #9 Posted 31 December 2013 - 11:32 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 651 battles

View Posthedi2222, on 29 December 2013 - 07:33 PM, said:

i would think that people with high eff and an apetite of making fun of people ARE the main reason of bad players either not learning fast or just leaving the game early , these idiots think just because they have 10k+ battles they have the right to make fun of people . i have been in alot of situations where people just  make fun of my so called ' stats ' for no apparent reason , and guess what ? they are from my team

That's normal in the game, you've also got the hate against Polish players, people from East Europe because we cannot understand them, no respect for average players who get called "tomatoes" or "noobs", using "homosexual", "muslim" or "retard" (there's still plenty) like insults, etc. And WG can't do nothing against human being.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users