Computer problems

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
7 replies to this topic

SirCampAlotNor #1 Posted 25 December 2013 - 08:26 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 1289 battles

Since this is the Of-topic forum, i figured i might try my luck here before I go and re-install everything.

A few weeks ago, i dropped my Laptop on the floor. As you might have guessed, the impact made the computer a bit....wonky..

The computer was running spotify and such when it fell, and the impact made all Music and sounds stop. I restarted the computer, but still no sound, so I reinstalled the sound-driver. Now atleast that works.

But the computer is still not running quite right. Here is a list of the problems that i keep getting

: Very long start-up time, sometimes almost 15 minutes go from the desctop is loaded untill i can actualy use the machine.

: Sometimes it wont even work, and you get a Message saying "Windows xxx. has encountered" something, and i have to redo the startup.

: When running more than a few desktop programs at one, it may get "stuck" and make that horrible sound of a sound driver not keeping up spotify or vica versa.

: It will not run WoT, but wil run WT(bias?). almost as if the grafics card suddenly does not support the game. It had no problems With any games before, not even BF3 or ME3.

: i keep trying to use the AI Recovery function to make a recovery cd, but i keep getting a "partition image" fault.

The computer is a Asus G74S With GeForce GTX, Windows 7 64bit, Intel Core i7, and so on.

Anybody have an idea if this could be either a hardware or software fault?

Edit: ok so i opened the machine a little, checked that both RAM chips and the HD was in their connections, but did not dare to go "deeper" due to the fact that i have no idea what im doing..:p  

Edited by SirCampAlotNor, 26 December 2013 - 12:05 AM.

MeetriX #2 Posted 25 December 2013 - 08:49 PM

Major

• Player
  • 20625 battles

"hardware or software fault?"

Seriously? 

Check coolers and all connectors (hdd, memory, keyboard etc.). They may have bad connection.

After all you dropped it.

SirCampAlotNor #3 Posted 25 December 2013 - 09:36 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 1289 battles

View PostMeetriX, on 25 December 2013 - 08:49 PM, said:

"hardware or software fault?"

Seriously? 

Check coolers and all connectors (hdd, memory, keyboard etc.). They may have bad connection.

After all you dropped it.

Yeah, seriously. For someone with zero computer skills, and who has been told that it could be A: software fault, ie reinstall crap, or B: hardware fault (damaged HD, RAM chips, and so on), i think that is a completly valid question.

Also given that the audio driver went to crap in the fall, only to be fixed by a simple re-install, I end up even more unsure if its a software(driver/OS) fault or a hardware fault that is giving me problems.

Edited by SirCampAlotNor, 25 December 2013 - 10:13 PM.

spartrack #4 Posted 25 December 2013 - 10:09 PM

Private

• Player
  • 73908 battles
  • [JUNRO] JUNRO

Hello ! I have a problem with this game.When i start playing this game  my internet connection work very good(ping18-30ms)now i have 60-999ms .why?,because i have internet connection very,very good(minim200Mb/s)

SirCampAlotNor #5 Posted 26 December 2013 - 10:19 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 1289 battles
Update: If I run my computer in Safety mode With internett Connections, i have almost no problems what so ever With it. It starts right up, does not get stuck and so forth. Ofcourse there is no way to get sound in safety mode...but stil.:p

MeetriX #6 Posted 26 December 2013 - 06:42 PM

Major

• Player
  • 20625 battles

Re-install OS and see if that works. Usually hdd allways take some damage if it gets hit while running. It can be Everything 0 to Major

SirCampAlotNor #7 Posted 27 December 2013 - 12:35 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 1289 battles
Hehe thanks. Yeah looks like i might just re-install and try again.

R9G #8 Posted 27 December 2013 - 02:21 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 19394 battles
  • [KITS] KITS

I would suggest the following steps:

• back up your personal data (documents, photos, etc) onto a CD/DVD or memory stick before you do anything else. Check the data has been copied correctly by re-reading it on the CD/DVD or memory stick.
  • now check the status of your hard drive for any errors (known as bad sectors). To do this then right-click on the hard drive in the File explorer and select Properties. Select the Tools tab and you see an option to "Check for Errors".
  •  then do the same for your RAM memory. Press Start then select the Control Panel. Type in memory in the Search box and it should give you an option under Administrative Tools to "Diagnose your computer's memory problems". Run the memory checker which will require the computer to be restarted as memory is checked prior to the operating system being booted.

This will help established what and how much is damaged before you take next steps. But please back up your data before you do anything else and definitely before you open the computer up or re-install the operating system, even though Windows 7 gives you the option to save your personal data whilst doing it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users