Elite tank and crew

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
7 replies to this topic

krolw #1 Posted 27 December 2013 - 02:26 PM

Private

• Player
  • 16544 battles
  • [B_F_E] B_F_E

It's possible to put a crew from an elite tank into another tank of the same type.

But how do you have to do that?

I have an elite light tank TiE6 with crew around 90% experience

Is it possible to sell this tank, buy the T2 and put my crew from the tank above in it without losing experience?

It's after all the same type of tank ore do i miss something here?

Buffzzz #2 Posted 27 December 2013 - 02:35 PM

Heart Smasher

• Player
  • 31232 battles

you can put any crew in any tank of the same nation. In other words: you cant put an german crew in an russian tank or vis versa.

Doing so you just need to send the crew into the barraks then choose your new vehicle and put the crew of your choice into the new one.

But: you will recieve a malus when: the Tank isnt the same class and/or the same Tier and/or the same vehicle. Any Mali are cumulative. For example: you can put a Cunningham Crew into an T-92, but you will recieve a huge malus as the difference of the tiers is nine (from Tier I to TierX) and the class of the Vehicle changes from Light to Arty. As much the difference inreases the Mali increases too (You will recieve an smaler Mali when changing the Tier by one [from Tier V to Tier VI) as you will recieve when changing it by two, for example)

The only way to cancel the Mali is by using Gold

krolw #3 Posted 28 December 2013 - 10:11 AM

Private

• Player
  • 16544 battles
  • [B_F_E] B_F_E

So if i sell the TiE6, send the crew to the barraks, buy the T2 and put the crew in it i still loose experience?

When i think about it it's logical but not what i expected when i read the explenation of elite tank

DingIsHere #4 Posted 28 December 2013 - 10:29 AM

Colonel

• Clan Commander
  • 15975 battles
  • [4Q2] 4Q2

View Postkrolw, on 28 December 2013 - 09:11 AM, said:

So if i sell the TiE6, send the crew to the barraks, buy the T2 and put the crew in it i still loose experience?

When i think about it it's logical but not what i expected when i read the explenation of elite tank

Yes,

So if you want to use any as crew "trainer tanks" you need to train them past the level you want them on the new tank..

eg..

You want 100% crew on Tier 2 light, train light tank TiE6 crew to 120% (1 tier loss)

You want 100% crew on Tier 2 arty/med/heavy, train light tank TiE6 crew to 140% (1 tier loss PLUS tank type loss)

(not the correct figures but you get the idea.. there is a Wiki which explains the exact percentage losses I think)

Premium tanks lose less when retraining, but I can't remember what happens with them.....

krolw #5 Posted 30 December 2013 - 12:58 PM

Private

• Player
  • 16544 battles
  • [B_F_E] B_F_E

Block Quote

#4Posted 28 December 2013 - 10:29 AM

So if you want to use any as crew "trainer tanks" you need to train them past the level you want them on the new tank..

eg..

You want 100% crew on Tier 2 light, train light tank TiE6 crew to 120% (1 tier loss)

You want 100% crew on Tier 2 arty/med/heavy, train light tank TiE6 crew to 140% (1 tier loss PLUS tank type loss)

(not the correct figures but you get the idea.. there is a Wiki which explains the exact percentage losses I think)

Premium tanks lose less when retraining, but I can't remember what happens with them.....

Can You explain me why i shoud do that?

You always loose minimum 1 Tier and it takes a lot of time to train crew this far so in my opinion it's better to put the crew in the new tank, take the loss and get experience in the new tank.

Still don't understand the centence in elite tank

" shift crew from one tank to another of the same type without costs ore penalty's"

maybe i'm stupid ;-)

IRSanchez #6 Posted 30 December 2013 - 02:26 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 69490 battles
  • [CELL] CELL

View Postkrolw, on 30 December 2013 - 12:58 PM, said:

Can You explain me why i shoud do that?

You always loose minimum 1 Tier and it takes a lot of time to train crew this far so in my opinion it's better to put the crew in the new tank, take the loss and get experience in the new tank.

Still don't understand the centence in elite tank

" shift crew from one tank to another of the same type without costs ore penalty's"

maybe i'm stupid ;-)

Normal (non premium) tanks are not meant to be crew training platform, you can use only one dedicated crew in them.

For crew training (and increased credit income) you want to use premium tanks that you can buy.

The whole trick about premium tanks is that you can put any crew of the same nation and class into your prem tank, and the crew doesn't face any penalty (no need to retrain).

What this means, is that you don't even need a dedicated crew for your premium tank - just use one of your normal crews from same nation and class. When you don't want to play the premium tank any more, you just move the crew back to where it belongs, without any penalties.

The gift tanks have premium status as well but without credit income bonus (but as they are low tier, training crews with them is not very time efficient, due to low average XP on low tier battles).

When you play standart tanks, usually it's better to take your crew to the next tank in line (using retrain for credits). The reason for this, is that the crew keeps the additionall skills/perks, while they only loose 10% of the primary skill - but the primary skill doesn't affect additionall skills/perks.

For example, you have a 100% crew with 86% repair sklill. You just finished playing your Tier 6 tank and unlocked the Tier 7 and decide to move up the tier.

When you move that crew to the new Tier 7 and use retraining for credits, you will start with 90% primary skill and 86% repairs skill.

So, while crews performance will take some hit, the repairs skill is not affected.

Edited by IRSanchez, 30 December 2013 - 02:33 PM.

R9G #7 Posted 30 December 2013 - 06:40 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 23096 battles
  • [KITS] KITS

The issue you may have found is that you don't lose crew experience when transferring from a tank to a premium tank (of the same nation and type) but if you have a crew which is trained for a premium tank you will get a crew experience penalty when you transfer to a non-premium tank (of the same nation and type) when you retrain.

The general description for training crews in premium tanks is not very clear and many people find this issue when it's too late, including me. So if the crew in your TiE6 is trained for the TiE6 and not the T2 Light, you will get a crew experience penalty when you transfer to the T2 Light because you have to retrain the crew. You can use credits to lower the penalty or gold to eliminate the penalty. Once the crew is trained for the T2 Light you can then put them in the TiE6 without penalty (no don't have to retrain them) and yout can transfer them as often as you want to get for example the daily double in both tanks. If you want to sell the TiE6 then that's fine as well.

krolw #8 Posted 31 December 2013 - 10:36 AM

Private

• Player
  • 16544 battles
  • [B_F_E] B_F_E

Block Quote

The general description for training crews in premium tanks is not very clear and many people find this issue when it's too late,

So it is not becouse bad translation

More people have the same problem

Good to find a good explenation over here ;-)

Thx tankists !

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users