Type 3 Chi-Nu Kai

• Please log in to reply
97 replies to this topic

sexy_rady #1 Posted 28 December 2013 - 08:30 PM

Private

• Player
  • 2480 battles
  • [1OGBR] 1OGBR

useless craptank, armorless, and you try to play it as a sniper but everyone sees you and you no one. working as intended. [edited]wargaming at its best.

if someone bounces a shoot with this crapfeel free to message me, for the end times are surely upon us

sexy_rady #2 Posted 29 December 2013 - 02:40 AM

Private

• Player
  • 2480 battles
  • [1OGBR] 1OGBR

[edited]

Edited by BigBadVuk, 30 December 2013 - 02:00 PM.
This post has been edited by a member of the Moderation Team, due to inappropriate content. An official notification has also been sent. BigBadVuk

Theluchs4363 #3 Posted 29 December 2013 - 11:06 AM

Private

• WGL PRO Player
  • 12065 battles

i like the Chi-Nu kai and my m8 make a 3.000+ exp round normel without boni :) look her ....

killer999death #4 Posted 29 December 2013 - 11:50 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 22343 battles
  • [CRY-X] CRY-X
The Chi-Nu-Kai is my favorite tier tier 5 premium compared to Excelsior and PZ IV Schmalturm.

The gun has no problems penetrating what it goes against and it does decent damage for the tier. Play it more cautiously, use your allies to soak up the shots for you and mostly be a sniper since that is his role.

Marlekin #5 Posted 30 December 2013 - 11:46 PM

Brigadier

• Beta Tester
  • 32777 battles
  • [ROFF] ROFF

+1 for the guy above me. It takes a seasoned player to appreciate the Kai. 

Rady,

The Kai is a tier 5 premium that requires a player to use his brain as its main weapon, and youre pretty much a completely new player to this game, so what do you expect is going to happen? Its not going to be as good as a sherman, panzer or T-34. You shouldhve sought out some proper advice by other players before you randomly picked a premium tank without having the slightest clue. You made a bad call, thats all this is. 

Edited by Marlekin, 29 January 2014 - 10:52 AM.

Cpt_Blue #6 Posted 31 December 2013 - 02:17 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 24023 battles

I bought it today, it is a prem tank and it is going to help train my med crew as well as earn me credits. As for it worth the cost, half price so yes 750 gold is worth it. 

So neg rep for a positive reply. Strange forum it is.

Edited by Cpt_Blue, 15 January 2014 - 12:20 AM.

Drinking_driver #7 Posted 31 December 2013 - 02:36 AM

Private

• Player
  • 14739 battles
I really like this ugly tank. It's quit difficult to play unless your commander has got a bulb and if you like to your armour more than gun. Agree, first 50-70 battles were awful, but then I've got a vision how to play on it :D. And now my 2.5 perks crew successfully placed in STB-1.

CapitaoRosquilhas #8 Posted 31 December 2013 - 07:17 AM

Private

• Player
  • 6865 battles
  • [7THDV] 7THDV
i have this tank for a while and it as its ups and downs, i really like this little tank, but is it me or it has become slower after the update ?

Gr0ff #9 Posted 31 December 2013 - 10:34 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 30 battles
Well i bought it few days ago and i cant say really much about this tank cuz my crew is not on 100% but i can say that this tank is very slow for medium, without gun depression and with bad armor. Gun is quite good but it cannot compensate its drawbacks imho. Still its good sniper tank, and at least good jap crew trainer. T-25 is still the best tier 5 premium tank imho.

deltajet2k #10 Posted 31 December 2013 - 06:20 PM

Private

• Player
  • 7828 battles

Reading some of these posts i get the feeling i am playing an entirely different tank.

Haven't played many battles yet but this thing might just be a new favorite of mine.

The first battle i played i bounced ALOT of shots from tier 5's (t1 heavy for instance with a 76mm).

The armor from what i have seen in battle is quite good and the gun is better than the usual tier 5 tanks i play, the mobility ain't bad either.

All in all i really enjoy this tank (even though i have only played 5 battles in it :happy:).

Seriously don't understand how some of you guys got to the conclusion that it's not a good tank, but that's just my opinion :tongue:

killer999death #11 Posted 01 January 2014 - 10:25 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 22343 battles
  • [CRY-X] CRY-X

View Postdeltajet2k, on 31 December 2013 - 06:20 PM, said:

Seriously don't understand how some of you guys got to the conclusion that it's not a good tank, but that's just my opinion :tongue:

Some people buy premium tanks and think it's going to be like having maus go against tier 5's. As soon as they are met with the (harsh) reality on what they spent gold on they say it's crap and worthless instead of changing their play style with the tank. 

That is what I have noticed about WoT community in the past week, and it's not only premium tanks but normal tanks aswell :harp:

Marlekin #12 Posted 02 January 2014 - 01:16 AM

Brigadier

• Beta Tester
  • 32777 battles
  • [ROFF] ROFF

View Postkiller999death, on 01 January 2014 - 10:25 PM, said:

That is what I have noticed about WoT community in the past week, and it's not only premium tanks but normal tanks aswell :harp:

True dat,

Especially about the japanese. Players complain about the lack of armor and firepower while all this information was alrdy out in the open weeks (if not months) before the patch was actually released. JPN tanks just arent like that. Not even the heavies will feature any significant armor, check out: http://ftr.wot-news.com/2013/12/31/on-tier-10-japanese-tank/ 

The majority of players simply dont spend any effort on looking into what they are buying beforehand. Its like running with your eyes closed, and somehow thinking that running into a wall was not your fault. 

Still.. I admit... these players make amusing posts. :hiding:

Edited by Marlekin, 02 January 2014 - 01:18 AM.

NiemandXL #13 Posted 05 January 2014 - 10:08 AM

Major

• Player
  • 34127 battles

This tank is really bad. I'm currently made it my goal to improve the WR of tanks I did badly with when I was still a noob, so I played quite a few tier 5 tanks recently (Pz4/T49/T-34 for example). And the tank with a name that sounds like something with noodles you order in a Chinese restaurant does not compare well to any of those. 

- It's so freaking slow that you feel more like a heavy at times

- Yet it has no armor whatsoever

- Gun and DPM are "meh" at best, T49 and T-34 have insane DPM and the Pz4 the derp gun

- It's so freaking huge!

- Camo seems to be bad as well (because it's so huge?)

So what do you do with this thing? You can't flank very well and circling even really slow heavies is nearly impossible. Yet fighting things frontally is bad as well as the "meh" alpha damage and DPM in combination with the non-existent armor ensures that you likely lose against nearly anything. That leaves only sniping, and even here the lack of speed (needed to get to good positions) and meager DPM ensure that this tank will perform only sub-par.

Edited by NiemandXL, 05 January 2014 - 10:09 AM.

killer999death #14 Posted 07 January 2014 - 11:51 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 22343 battles
  • [CRY-X] CRY-X

View PostNiemandXL, on 05 January 2014 - 10:08 AM, said:

- It's so freaking slow that you feel more like a heavy at times

- Yet it has no armor whatsoever

- Gun and DPM are "meh" at best, T49 and T-34 have insane DPM and the Pz4 the derp gun

- It's so freaking huge!

- Camo seems to be bad as well (because it's so huge?)

- I fail to see this tank being slow, it has decent speed imo

- Who needs armor when you use your teammates to take the shots while you comfortably snipe or pekaboo to shoot and get into cover again?

- I find the gun to be good. Pen and alpha are if I'm not mistanekn 3rd best of all tier 5's?

-I don't find it exacly HUGE! It's normal sized at best, and while it might be high it's quite narrow if you look at it

-Camo might be the only thing I agree with, I get spotted in bushes all the time even with the help of camo paint (5% camo value :P )

As mentioned, it's a sniper and support-ish tank where you use your allies to take shots and while the enery reloads you poke out and fire. Arty is your worst enemy

soolerman #15 Posted 07 January 2014 - 01:32 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 24305 battles
Funny I have heard some real hating going on about this tank. Personally I quite like it so far.

Zamolxeess #16 Posted 07 January 2014 - 02:32 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 33077 battles
  • [NLR] NLR

I purchased this tank beliving it will be similar to my t-25. I was so sure it will be some t-25 clone that i did not even bothered to look at his stats. So i purchased one and a 100% crew, vents,rammer,laming drive,consumables and presed battle.

SURPRISE!!!! :trollface:

This thing is a piece of junk!!. Yes i know "dont judge a tank before you got at least 100 battles in it". But it is very very weak compared to t-25(this is the apropriate premium tank to compare too, matildas and ram  are diferent).

So lets see : It has no armor.Well ok i can live whis that, if i wanted armor i whoud have picked a heavy or matilda. How about mobility? Nope the tank is inferior to any tier 5 medium, except matildas. Health pool? Same as a REGULAR tank. All the other premium tier 5 mediums have 610. This one only has 480. Gun? A little bit better then the one on t25, BUT(t) the rate of fire is just pathetic. 12 rof is junk on a tank that can`t flank anything and has no armor. It gets 8 more pen, 15more alpha,  0.4 better acc and 0.2 aim time. View range is better for the Kai, 30m more is always welcomed. Even thou on paper it is harder to flank something whis t25, in practice its superior engine makes it a better machine to do that.

Regarding camo i cant compare him to t25 yet as i got full camo crew on that tenk.

So whats the point of playing this piece of sad steel? Crew training?  Thats it? No fun? Some premium tank...

Edited by Zamolxeess, 07 January 2014 - 02:33 PM.

John_Preston #17 Posted 09 January 2014 - 04:15 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 17436 battles

I like it so far. It's not that bad at all. I just got my Ace Tanker badge with ~1000exp so it seems to me that people are not very good with it. Personally i have no problem dealing massive damage in it. The gun is quite good, but the tank overall a bit underpowered. It could either use some rof/gun depression/engine buff tho.

On the other hand the camo is not bad. You can often stealth-snipe your enemies. Getting in to that position is a pain though thanks to the weak engine.

It's definietely not a bad tank, just a little bit underpowered. Just give it better gun depression, that would greatly increase the flexibility&survivability of this tank.

joyuesp #18 Posted 09 January 2014 - 01:01 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 44875 battles
  • [KAZNA] KAZNA

View PostJohn_Preston, on 09 January 2014 - 04:15 AM, said:

I like it so far. It's not that bad at all. I just got my Ace Tanker badge with ~1000exp so it seems to me that people are not very good with it. Personally i have no problem dealing massive damage in it. The gun is quite good, but the tank overall a bit underpowered. It could either use some rof/gun depression/engine buff tho.

On the other hand the camo is not bad. You can often stealth-snipe your enemies. Getting in to that position is a pain though thanks to the weak engine.

It's definietely not a bad tank, just a little bit underpowered. Just give it better gun depression, that would greatly increase the flexibility&survivability of this tank.

as the rest of the premiums where money is more involved than skill mastery badges are really low.

regular chi nu has a way higher mastery badge.

Marlekin #19 Posted 10 January 2014 - 09:00 AM

Brigadier

• Beta Tester
  • 32777 battles
  • [ROFF] ROFF

View PostZamolxeess, on 07 January 2014 - 02:32 PM, said:

I purchased this tank beliving it will be similar to my t-25. I was so sure it will be some t-25 clone that i did not even bothered to look at his stats

SURPRISE!!!! :trollface:

Well, maybe you should check vehicle stats. Like, always. Those people who grind to tier 8-10 and find out the tanks at the end of the line isnt really what they hoped for for? Players who spend gold on a premium tank, only to dislike the tank? Thats why you check out vehicles before you buy them. 

Where the T-25 is decent all-round, the Kai is a one trick sniping pony. The Kai is simply put: A slow Chi-Nu, with bad gun depression. There is no armor, not on JPN tanks safe for the tier X. It also has a normal healthbar, not a high health pool like your T-25 so you cannot slug it out with other mediums. It isnt even that fast because the engine is weak, and the engine breaks alot when getting shot at. This tank is fragile, and unforgiving. But if you play it correctly, you will learn a supportive playstyle, since this is really a "try-or-die" kind of tank. In that way you could think of the Kai as a real "training tank". Not just for the crew, but also the player.  

I used it to train crew, and it worked good for that, but this tank is simply a gimped version of a normal Chi-Nu. There are certainly more "fun" premiums compared to the Kai, due to its limited playing style. Needless to say I was totally fed up with this tank for a good long while after crew training was complete. (Trained 2 skills, ~400 battles in the Kai).

Zamolxeess #20 Posted 10 January 2014 - 08:55 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 33077 battles
  • [NLR] NLR

I was just 750g. Its not like i bought a tier 8 premium only to hate it after first battle. I bouth this tank, not because i need him, but because i like how it looks :child:. And i belived it will be a good t25 replacement, since i knew jap tanks have no armor, i belived it will be fast like t25.  

But this think only looks good and that`s it. It has no feature to compete whis t25. Oh yea it can snipe. T25 does that, true just a little below the kai, but the superior rof can make up for the gun. 

As for crew training? GL whis this jap medium line. I hope any1 that goes for the stb1 has nervers of steel and the pacience of a saint. When i meet this jap tanks in any other tanks i feel sory for shooting them. Except for the stb1 they are all like the lorr 40t whisout the autoloader and the speed. Just the big size and the paper armor.

As for the stb1 i have meet them several times, but not enough times to make a clear conclusion. They where too easy to kill, but none was full hp in a hull down position and i dont think their drivers where good at driving them. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users