• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1 reply to this topic

FV432_Wolf #1 Posted 29 December 2013 - 02:58 PM

Private

• Player
  • 20151 battles
  • [BE-AR] BE-AR

Ho Ho Ho...

I have just watched the 8 bit tales video posted by WG.

My oh my, I can remember 25 years ago when the graphics like that were considered brilliant and we all used to crowd around our Atari's or Commodore 64's playing for hours with games with graphics like this. It really takes me back.

Games in those days were simple and kept us amused for so long.

I had a Spectrum +2 at point and to load a game we used to have to insert a cassette tape and wait 5-10mins for it to load. While it was loading it hummed, whistled and made all sorts of strange eerie noises. If you were unlucky it failed to load and you would have to try it all over again...what a crock that was!

My cousin  tells me about when he worked for IBM and was regularly sent all over the world to upgrade memory in company computers...sometimes only to upgrade by 8mb!

It just doesn't seem possible does it? :smile:

In the last 25 years of being involved in computing I have seen such advancements in computing where will end?

Hopefully we will never forget where our computing roots come from.

WG, making that little video is a real blast from the past which a lot of us older player will probably have a chuckle over and maybe a reminisce or cast ones cobwebbed brain back to "the good ole" days of gaming.

Right time to get my Zimmer frame out and let meals on wheels in before my afternoon nap.....

:teethhappy:

ZeLemanRuss #2 Posted 29 December 2013 - 03:15 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 27573 battles
  • [-SOLO] -SOLO
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iW_Ct49H1ng" style="background-image:none;">http://www.youtube.c...iW_Ct49H1ng</a>

Also tagged with videos

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users