Sound trouble

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
9 replies to this topic

IVIr_Reevesy #1 Posted 01 January 2014 - 02:53 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 7226 battles
  • [GUP-A] GUP-A

HI. I recently tried to get the gnome father mod, i think i installed it correctly by copying the audio file from the res folder and pasting it the res_mods 8.10 folder. I then merged the mod audio file with the WOT audio file and put the scripts file in the same place. I done the same with the Engine sounds mod ( merging the Engine audio file with the WOT and gun sounds file). For both of the merges i selected merge for all and then copy and replace for all. I also merged the scripts files together. The sound only works when i am in sniper mode. If im in normal view their is no sound coming from my tank but every tank around me has sound. This is the case for both the gun sounds and the engine sounds. the sounds are HRMOD_Gun_Sounds_v1.86.zip

and Gnomefather_s_Engines_v0.49_for_Curse.zip

Any help appreciated :)

Edited by IVIr_Reevesy, 01 January 2014 - 03:34 AM.

ChaosD #2 Posted 01 January 2014 - 03:24 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Player
  • 15008 battles
  • [F15] F15
Not sure if I understood you correctly, but the audio files have to be copied into "World_of_Tanks/res/audio" while the scripts have to be copied into "World_of_Tanks/res_mods/0.8.10/scripts". Did you do it like that?

IVIr_Reevesy #3 Posted 01 January 2014 - 10:15 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 7226 battles
  • [GUP-A] GUP-A

No i put all of the files into the res_mods/8.10 folder.

The instructions are here:

http://forum.worldof...ather-810-mods/

Edited by IVIr_Reevesy, 01 January 2014 - 10:16 PM.

IVIr_Reevesy #4 Posted 01 January 2014 - 10:48 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 7226 battles
  • [GUP-A] GUP-A
Tried your method and it still only works in sniper mode

Bennekeben #5 Posted 03 January 2014 - 11:44 AM

Private

• Player
  • 5254 battles

hello IVIr_Reevesy

this is our used tutorial> the green is re-eddited by me

Heres how to install the Modpack.
Step 1 (IMPORTANT): Go into you World of Tanks Directory and go to WorldOfTanks/res, copy the 'audio' folder. Correct
Step 2 (IMPORTANT): Paste the copy of the audio folder in your WorldOfTanks/res-mods/0.8.9 Faulty we have updated to 0.8.10 everything myst be place in 0.8.10 folder now
Step 3: Copy the 'audio' folder from the Modpack and place it in you WorldOfTanks/res-mods/0.8.9. Merge the folder when it asks you, Copy and Replace any files that it asks you to. im not doing this' i have my audio placed in the res folder. Not the res_mods folder
Step 4: In the Modpack, open the folder labelled 0.8.9, copy the folder labelled 'scripts' and paste it into your WorldOfTanks/res-mods/0.8.9. again here aswell we have updated to 0.8.10 the 0.8.9 folder can be deleted because it will not get used ever again.

when u open the mods u have 2 folder > res and res_mods

What is inside the res folder must be placeed in the wot res folder dont just put it all in res_mods.

Before u do something in your wot res folder make sure to Copy the full folder so u have a back up.. this will spare u time to reinstall it incase its goes tottally bad.

open the res-mods folder from the mod and your wot installation res_mods folder

if u dont use any other mods u can simple drag and copy everything in the res_mods\0.8.10 from the mod to your game installation res_mods folder

**if u use other mods then open the folders on the mod and your wot folder and place the scripts in the correct folders.

if u just copy it will delete your other mods.

the reason your audio is not working is , that u missing audio files or misplaced a script.

Did u back up your original audio folder in res.  ??

if so place it back then open the mod res folder > open the audio folder , select all files inside and copy paste them in the res audio folder of your wot installation..

go 1 by 1 when you done the engine mod redo this for the gun mod open the audio folder and select all. and place them in the res autio folder.

u have a big chance of overwriting some sounds u need if you copy the full audio folder. so just get the files inside the folder and paste them in your wot res audio folder

Steps :

Step 1 copy audio folder in your original installation of wot RES folder

Step 2 open the mod res folder, open the folder audio , select all , go to your wot res audio folder and paste , copy what needs to be copied.

Step 3 open the mod res_mods folder , copy the 0.8.10 folder in the mod, go to wot res_mods folder and copy into the 0.8.10 folder

if u done this right it shoud be working.

this works fine for me..

Hope it helps..

Good Luck

Edited by Bennekeben, 03 January 2014 - 12:02 PM.

IVIr_Reevesy #6 Posted 03 January 2014 - 07:51 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 7226 battles
  • [GUP-A] GUP-A

thank you for the help. just re-installing the game because i have most probably killed my game with the amount of retries i have attempted. Will let you know if i have it sorted :)

loxx12 #7 Posted 04 January 2014 - 03:49 AM

Private

• Player
  • 14740 battles
  • [KITTY] KITTY

i had the exact same problem when i installed the soundpack. The problem was, i have a 5+1 speaker set, but i only currently have 2 of the front speaker plugged in, the middle and the 2 rear speakers are not. But my computer thought that the middle frontal speaker was plugged in and it played my tank sounds from that one which made it so i couldnt hear my own tank. I changed the setting to the correct order and i got my sounds working.

Petruzzi #8 Posted 04 January 2014 - 02:56 PM

• 4818 battles
Moved to "Mods & Addons" section.

IVIr_Reevesy #9 Posted 04 January 2014 - 08:27 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 7226 battles
  • [GUP-A] GUP-A

Installed it the exact way u described. Works fine and loudly in sniper mode however in normal mode it is quite and the sounds changes volume when i change the position of view e.g looking at the front of the tank their is no sound. looking at the rear of the tank their is sound but it is very quite. If i zoom into the furthest setting just before going into sniper mode the sound is their and it is a bit louder but no where near as loud as the volume in sniper mode view.

can u show me your in game sound settings, maybe this will help me sought it out. Thanks

Edited by IVIr_Reevesy, 04 January 2014 - 08:30 PM.

Bennekeben #10 Posted 05 January 2014 - 02:29 AM

Private

• Player
  • 5254 battles

IVIr_Reevesy

Glad that worked if it didnt my next question woud be do u use dolby 5.1... :facepalm:?

for the sniper volume adjustment i havnt found any solution to that yet because im still unable to read most the .fsb scripts<<< if any 1 got a answer to this ? plz give got win8.

i guess we can find some settings inthere.. unfortually as i told above im unable to read the script neither with wordpad or notepad to be honest i didnt really search how to solve that yet..

theres a way to do something about the sniper mode engines volume

so far i know u are able to change/switch engine sounds in this mod, this also is able for the gun mod.

meaning you can put any engine sound u want on any engine availble inside the mod. wich inst that hard to do yourself the only downside is u will also change the engine sound with it. my personal look on that part doesnt bother me at all because there are plenty of other nice engine sounds with a much more silent sniper mode volume.

so what u need to do is try out some tanks and write down then class,tier lvl and engines name/ or gun if u wanne chance those aswell

** the basic script adjustment will be the same for the guns but obvious u dont write down engine names but gun names,tier lvl and class.

i will explain an example to change the engine sound because thats the main priority here, if u want to change the gun sound just do the same thing.

Plz follow every step with care incase of a doubt there are also videos on how to do this on youtube even tho i wont be lazy and just trow a link but explain it as easy as possible,.. this will also improve myself to carry on more helpfull forum acts just to punish myself not being able to participate on the world of warships alpa because you needed forum activity, there for i hope my posts will be ashelp to all of those who took there time to read them. :honoring:

So How do you change your engine sounds in Gnomefather engine mods?

To begin , go to ?:\computer\games\World of Tanks\res_mods\0.8.10\scripts\item_def\vehicles, Copy the vehicles map and store is as your back up folder incase you do something wrong trying the other steps below.

inside this vehicles map u will see the classes, so if u found a engine sound u liked open the correct class folder, for  example i will put the usaM6 tier7 engine sound on the ussrKV-1S tier6 engine(this is also the same engine as the IS tier7 they both use that engine to it will also sound the same to the engine u will replace it for.)

Now if you are not that advanced in scripting dont worry just pay attention on what your doing.

as mentioned before u now shoud have a list on what engine sounds u liked and what u want them to replaced for depending on your needs this example will only be diffrent as tanks class(nation ?:\computer\games\World of Tanks\res_mods\0.8.10\scripts\item_def\vehicles\Thefoldershereimean) further then that the scripts remains the same.

usa sound to ussr

Open the folder of the sound u WANT ?:\computer\games\World of Tanks\res_mods\0.8.10\scripts\item_def\vehicles\usa\components\engines.xml << open in notepad

Now open the folder of the sound u DONT WANT ?:\computer\games\World of Tanks\res_mods\0.8.10\scripts\item_def\vehicles\ussr\components\engines.xml

those 2 scripts contain the engine setup

next thing to do is find the engine sound u want inside the script our example the usa m6 so if u writed down the name of the engine go to the usas engines.xml search the script for the correct engine, How u know its the correct engine? if u writed down the correct engine name/model nr and tier. if u didnt want to write u can also use to find the engine info here    http://worldoftanks....pedia/vehicles/

This is the example of the m6 tier7 engine.

this forum does not show the correct engine setup script

i have attached a txt file with the same text here so u can see the scripts

correctly in notepad or etc...(at the bottem of this thread)

#usa_vehicles:Wright_G200_m_781C9GC1
      #usa_vehicles:Wright_G200_m_781C9GC1_short
      #usa_vehicles:Wright_G200_m_781C9GC1_descr
          gasoline   
      /vehicles/tanks/medium/cyclone

Now that we have found the correct path to our engine sound and' copied it we can search for the ussr kv1s tier6 engine so we can replace it

open the ussr engines.xml

and search for the correct engine setup

so that woud be the following

#ussr_vehicles:V-2IS_R
          gasoline   
          true   
     /vehicles/tanks/medium/v2k          Now change with this line      /vehicles/tanks/medium/cyclone

so the result looks like the following....

#ussr_vehicles:V-2IS_R
          gasoline   
          true   
          /vehicles/tanks/medium/cyclone     

if done that save the the ussr engines.xml and overwrite it in your ?:\computer\games\World of Tanks\res_mods\0.8.10\scripts\item_def\vehicles\ussr\components\engines.xml

start up wot and enjoy your kv1s with the engine mod of the m6 :) u can do this with all engines in this mod its just up to u to find a nice engine sound outside as also inside the tank.

and if it didnt work out go copy your back up vehicles folder and place it in your wot so u have a fresh start.

Good Luck!

Attached Files

• Attached File   enginesoundswitchpost.txt   6.35K

Edited by Bennekeben, 05 January 2014 - 03:05 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users