headset

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4 replies to this topic

Fr3d27 #1 Posted 02 January 2014 - 10:44 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 22755 battles

Ok guys, i'm looking for a new headset.
I do have a creative fatal1ty, but i want to go surround sound :)

So what are my options so far?
Ozone EVO, 5.1 surround unkown brand but looks ok and review are very positive
plantronics 780, Steelseries serbiaV2, Sharkoon X-tatic, all 7.1 official Dolby headset and got good reviews too,

link:
http://www.ozonegaming.com/product/strato-evo/

http://www.dolby.com/us/en/consumer/product/gaming/headset/listing.html

help? what to choose and does 5.1 or 7.1 make a difference in WOT over stereo??

basin79 #2 Posted 02 January 2014 - 12:02 PM

General

• Player
  • 15351 battles
I've got a set of the Plantronics 780. They're incredible for the price. I honestly can't believe I can hear shots, sounds etc coming from behind me when I haven't got a dedicated surround sound set up for my pc.

LUNSSI #3 Posted 02 January 2014 - 12:57 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 14730 battles

depends on your ears.. to me USB surround is awfull. But then I cant listen to MP3 either..

if your used to low grade sound quality then the plantronics 780 are good value for money.

If you want true surround as opposed to virtual your going to need a surround sound card and a true surround headset. Many higher end so called gaming headsets now have external sound cards with the headsets such as the roccat kave XTD.

if you want my honest opinion ditch gaming headets and get yourself a decent set of over ear headphones like sennheiser and attach a cheap boom mic to it using a clip. the mics you get with expensive headsets are usually cheap ones anyway.

essentially with gaming headsets your paying 50% of the cost on fancy packaging and fancy bits of plastic. Spend your moeny on sound quality instead and you wont regret it.

DrNeckbreaker #4 Posted 02 January 2014 - 12:58 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 27405 battles
  • [GADIV] GADIV
I´m also using the Plantronics 780. I think it´s very good for its price. My Brother has the Logitech g35 and you really notice the difference. (There should be one , costs 130 Euros :harp:)

Rakija_1 #5 Posted 02 January 2014 - 01:30 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 33839 battles
  • [GOOFY] GOOFY

- plantronics 780 prolly best value for money

Pros : - soft cushions that cover whole ear,u can spin the headset so it can be layed flat on surface avoiding unwanted damage ( ie. your girlfriend/friend sitts on them),ultra strong cables,very good mic and solid support software,price (comes packed in plastic blister avoiding price pumping)

Cons: USB only,somewhat large and robust (if u wear them outside to listen some music on your mp3 it just looks silly),earcushions are prone to gather dust and they are covered in somekind of cloth so they need more attention and cleaning oposed to ones made out of leather,doesnt have its own sound card

- ps i do have Razer Kraken headset also and its inferior to Plantronics 780 even if it has more features and its more pricey

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users