I fell for it

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
21 replies to this topic

Audey #1 Posted 04 January 2014 - 10:51 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 3651 battles

im normally found in tier 3/4/5 matches with my beginner skills. trying to learn and rank up by accumilating game skills and maxing crew on a tank to use for the next.

but this holiday i have jumped my KV-1 to a T-150 to try and secure a free tank for tier 8. the IS-6.

its taken many many hours of learning a new ball park (tier 6). and many hours of gaming with great players and idiots alike. but ill have to bow down to the powers that be. i cant deal with the idiots any more. i know i'm far from perfect, but some of the things i have seen are just simply, wow. For me to get to 78k during the week was fun. but today, i cleared just 3k. if high tiers are all like this then ill happily bow out and stay in my zone (T3/4/5). 

Ive seen everything from capping the enemy spawns when its a defense map and we are defending,5 heavies passing cap to get wasted all in the same place to the same arty, Arty x3  rushing and luchs going head to head against a heavy tier 7. and all manner of stupid inbetween.

I know im not the best , infact i'm kinda happy i'm rated as avg. but ill bow out of this challange for a bit ( the free IS-6) as it is getting very frustrating seeing match after match being lost due to total omlettes. or slagged of by the elitist.

edit, i had no right being in t6, but i had the t5 cornered, so thought id be able to advance. you can keep t6 and the fools that roam there.

Edited by Audey, 04 January 2014 - 10:53 PM.

Commanderofsweden1993 #2 Posted 04 January 2014 - 10:56 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 10873 battles

Yep The supertomatos with under 400 Win6.  Driving around e-100s for no use at att just going straigh at the enemy thinking they cant me touched and dies.  So its not better in any tier. 

EDIT: spelling 

Edited by Commanderofsweden1993, 05 January 2014 - 12:54 AM.

Audey #3 Posted 04 January 2014 - 11:19 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 3651 battles

Please dont get me wrong. 

I have seen some masterful scouting by EMC AMX's . some fantastic arty response and kills. and quite alot of cmdrs trying to control the herd. but alas, maybe its this IS-6 there others are hunting like me. but not actually thinking about the best way to get it. in the colour scheme of things im only orange. 50%. if that matters to some. but basic battleground knowledge seems  . . . oblivious , even to some greens and blues!

wsatnutter #4 Posted 04 January 2014 - 11:27 PM

Lieutenant General

• Beta Tester
  • 24212 battles
  • [WSAT] WSAT

go for it m8  get that IS6 you get it won it fair and square

u got it for graft as for the pros who say you have no right

just [edited]a snoot at em m8

hope you get  it

thepuma2012 #5 Posted 04 January 2014 - 11:30 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 27821 battles

1800 battles and going up in tiers fast....  but remember it is holiday and weekend. Play in normal weekdays for a change, next week and see how it is. 

Don t sell te t-150 too soon, it can be a very good tank.

Hexen #6 Posted 04 January 2014 - 11:32 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 21720 battles
  • [ORCA] ORCA
Hehe,  I see you entered tier 7 and up with the panther….I did that aswell,  absolutely awful in that tank on stock so I gave it up until I can get the free xp but at least the russian line is a lot more friendly.

pun_xD #7 Posted 05 January 2014 - 12:00 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 33927 battles
  • [S3AL] S3AL

View PostAudey, on 04 January 2014 - 10:19 PM, said:

Please dont get me wrong. 

I have seen some masterful scouting by EMC AMX's . some fantastic arty response and kills. and quite alot of cmdrs trying to control the herd. but alas, maybe its this IS-6 there others are hunting like me. but not actually thinking about the best way to get it. in the colour scheme of things im only orange. 50%. if that matters to some. but basic battleground knowledge seems  . . . oblivious , even to some greens and blues!

50% is already above average. i think you are on a good way. playing solo in wot can always be depressing. try to platoon up, with good ppl maybe that can even teach you a thing or two.

being blue doesnt always need a good knowlesge of the map, or perfect positioning. it can be achieved by just outplaying the enemies in 1v1 or 1v2. they dont have a very good WR then.

Darth_Woras #8 Posted 05 January 2014 - 12:04 AM

Major

• Player
  • 62 battles
  • [HOI] HOI
What if I told you, all tiers are full of red.

IceNorth #9 Posted 05 January 2014 - 01:05 AM

Private

• Player
  • 28886 battles
  • [-LGR-] -LGR-

Erm u really need more tanks for IS6 thing, u only have 2 tier 6 tanks from 2 nations, u need 5 more, i doubt u have the time to do it while well still staying sane lol :)

Rostklump #10 Posted 05 January 2014 - 01:20 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 35866 battles

View PostIceNorth, on 05 January 2014 - 01:05 AM, said:

Erm u really need more tanks for IS6 thing, u only have 2 tier 6 tanks from 2 nations, u need 5 more, i doubt u have the time to do it while well still staying sane lol :)

Sanity is for the weak :veryhappy:

StClement #11 Posted 05 January 2014 - 01:27 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 15052 battles
Kinda sums up my own experience, that. In spite of some astonishingly elitist claptrap spouted on these forums, the mid tiers tend to be a better and more fun place to play. By the time you get to tier X the majority of players give the impression they'd rather sacrifice their first born than get their tanks' paint scraped! :veryhappy:

cellaman7 #12 Posted 05 January 2014 - 08:12 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 33796 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

Sounds like you are going about it the right way. Working your way up slowly. You have to dip your toe in the water at some time however. Lower tiers are fun, but you get used to seeing stupid things there and accept them. But when you see tier 8 & 9 tanks doing said things then it's a real wtf moment.

I still get anxious when I go out in my tier 9 (cause it's always against tier X), but at the end of the day you can get 2 shotted just like you can back at tier 1. There is no difference really. Just that everything is Bigger!

waxx25 #13 Posted 05 January 2014 - 08:25 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 32434 battles

View Postcellaman7, on 05 January 2014 - 08:12 AM, said:

Sounds like you are going about it the right way. Working your way up slowly. You have to dip your toe in the water at some time however. Lower tiers are fun, but you get used to seeing stupid things there and accept them. But when you see tier 8 & 9 tanks doing said things then it's a real wtf moment.

I still get anxious when I go out in my tier 9 (cause it's always against tier X), but at the end of the day you can get 2 shotted just like you can back at tier 1. There is no difference really. Just that everything is Bigger!

hmm, words of wisdom there, when I was band new player I sucked badly.....still do.....but going up through the ranks slowly is smart, but you do have to go up, don't get stuck at tier 5s......gameplay changes ever so slightly as you go up in tiers and it is exciting to learn new things

Norrin_Radd #14 Posted 05 January 2014 - 08:36 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 34120 battles
Think their bad at T6? They are absolutely great compared to most T10 players.

Only_Slightly_Bent #15 Posted 05 January 2014 - 08:40 AM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Tester
  • 25311 battles
  • [OAP] OAP

Also, don't forget that, unless you intend to do Clan Wars, there's no actual reason to progress up the tiers - If you're happy and having fun at, say, tier 4, then stay there.  Personally, I can't stand tier 9/10 because the level of skill is, at best, the same as tier 1 and I only have tier 9/10 tanks due to CW (that and I'm addicted to the 'Grind' :playing:)

Audey #16 Posted 05 January 2014 - 10:05 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 3651 battles

i didnt realise i needed to get 100,000 in ALL nation's . :/ saves me a job then. back to my youngling pond i go.

and ill keep the t-150 for another day, its quite a nice tank.

Edited by Audey, 05 January 2014 - 10:07 AM.

genosse #17 Posted 05 January 2014 - 10:32 AM

Private

• Beta Tester
  • 28578 battles
  • [LANCE] LANCE

Tier 6 is actually paradise while higher tiers get progressively worse. The reason for that is imbalance of the higher tiers in my opinion. While - in a tier 6 battle - you can rarely say "this will be a win" or "this will be a loss" just by looking at the different tanks each team got 10 seconds into battle (yeah even with KV-1S and Hellcats around), tier 8+ is a different beast. Other side got the OP TDs of the month and ours not? Okay fine, this will be a loss. And I don't use XVM, you can often judge this by the deployed vehicles alone.

Enjoy the low to midtiers. I play every new line that gets released just to have a reason to go back to tier 2 once in a while. ;)

Edit: I play this game since 3 1/2 years and beta times aside I never played in tier 10. My goal is to unlock every tank in game, so I stop at tier 9. And I still have lots of fun! Don't stress yourself with progression or "endgame" if you don't feel like it.

Edited by genosse, 05 January 2014 - 10:34 AM.

Sgt_Guffy #18 Posted 05 January 2014 - 12:33 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 22880 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View Postgenosse, on 05 January 2014 - 09:32 AM, said:

Tier 6 is actually paradise while higher tiers get progressively worse. The reason for that is imbalance of the higher tiers in my opinion. While - in a tier 6 battle - you can rarely say "this will be a win" or "this will be a loss" just by looking at the different tanks each team got 10 seconds into battle (yeah even with KV-1S and Hellcats around), tier 8+ is a different beast. Other side got the OP TDs of the month and ours not? Okay fine, this will be a loss. And I don't use XVM, you can often judge this by the deployed vehicles alone.

Enjoy the low to midtiers. I play every new line that gets released just to have a reason to go back to tier 2 once in a while. ;)

Edit: I play this game since 3 1/2 years and beta times aside I never played in tier 10. My goal is to unlock every tank in game, so I stop at tier 9. And I still have lots of fun! Don't stress yourself with progression or "endgame" if you don't feel like it.

Absolutely right and good advice for the OP. I have just embarked on tier seven and like Genosse I've unlocked a lot of tanks in trees which I'm in no great hurry to buy just yet. As someone else mentioned it is good to dip your toe and try out a vehicle. if you don't get on with it either mothball it or sell it and go back to it at a later time. I do that if I need the crew.

This game is a voyage of discovery. Grinding can sometimes be a bind, but I find there is no better way to get to know a tank. If you find the grind agreeable and you elite it then it could be the vehicle is a keeper. The downside is that if you care about statistics you will find they can go into a freefall with grinding. Personally I find it fun to try all sorts of vehicles and I don't care too much about statistics. Not for everyone, some like their comfort zones and put on the Emperors Clothes. But if you feel comfortable at a certain tier then stay with it. From reading threads on the forum these higher tiers, although there are some really nice vehicles, are not all they are cracked up to be! I've seen so much moaning and whining about upper tiers! I think you meet a nicer type of player on the lower tiers :blinky:

Whatever tier you choose...

,,,have fun, :smiles:

Edited by Sgt_Guffy, 05 January 2014 - 12:37 PM.

Lorheem #19 Posted 05 January 2014 - 04:00 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 30523 battles
  • [SRSLY] SRSLY

OP gave up not realising that he never had a chance to begin with(Complete all 7 national combat missions)... Also:

Spoiler

Elhazzared #20 Posted 05 January 2014 - 06:10 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 20741 battles
  • [GUP] GUP
Don worry, it's not worth going after the IS6. While the tank itself is only meh, it's a gold tank but really having to endure all the BS tanks to 100K experience it's just not worth anyone's time... There are some good tanks on the list but you get to the german tree and really, the arty is the only choice. The chinese and japanese tree is the worst pain in the [edited]. Just not worth your time.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users