How many of you have been the blue line? Can you admit it? :)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
28 replies to this topic

Fulgurite #1 Posted 05 January 2014 - 12:25 PM

Lance-corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 49777 battles

How many of us can admit that we was the " blue " in a game?

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Edited by Fulgurite, 05 January 2014 - 01:05 PM.

belze #2 Posted 05 January 2014 - 12:35 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 27798 battles
75% bad 25 % lag i really got bad connection with lots of lagspikes

h3dning #3 Posted 05 January 2014 - 01:26 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 25611 battles
  • [TROLL] TROLL
Last time it was my fault it was on my type59 . Me vs 5 reds, lost to the last ISU. 

Norrin_Radd #4 Posted 05 January 2014 - 01:44 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 34120 battles
Probably a few times, everyone makes mistakes.

_Antipathy #5 Posted 05 January 2014 - 02:41 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 651 battles
If you loose it's your fault even if you're the one who most damage did. So next time deal more damage.

Garrolus #6 Posted 05 January 2014 - 02:43 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 29043 battles
Sometimes lose, always win.

Element6 #7 Posted 05 January 2014 - 04:55 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 29368 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View Post_Antipathy, on 05 January 2014 - 01:41 PM, said:

If you loose it's your fault even if you're the one who most damage did. So next time deal more damage.

If this is true, I suspect it's not, I must immediately admit that I am in 52% of all battles the single reason the team is defeated.

It doesn't even sound logical by any stretch of the immagination.

silver_dragon #8 Posted 05 January 2014 - 04:57 PM

Lance-corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 3149 battles
Generally it's because the enemy team was better than us. However, on rare occasions, the lemming train leaves the station and leaves an entire side undefended, leaving us few players there to try and plug the leak whilst the guys on the right or left somehow die within twelve seconds of eachother.

GiraffeInATopHat #9 Posted 05 January 2014 - 05:37 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 4600 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
I tend to have teams that are steamrollered within minutes leaving me and 1-2 others to face the last 10 enemies alone....

_Antipathy #10 Posted 05 January 2014 - 06:12 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 651 battles

View PostElement6, on 05 January 2014 - 03:55 PM, said:

If this is true, I suspect it's not, I must immediately admit that I am in 52% of all battles the single reason the team is defeated.

It doesn't even sound logical by any stretch of the immagination.

You deal the most damage, you do your best, you loose. It happens very often that your teammates don't do their jobs.

It can hardly ever be your own fault if you loose, but sometime yes (like a guy who stopped cap to kill AFKs and we lost).

Torpedothomas #11 Posted 06 January 2014 - 12:37 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 2009 battles
  • [-ST_] -ST_
All Noobs! :playing:

Krogenator #12 Posted 06 January 2014 - 01:24 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 16784 battles
  • [-HOW-] -HOW-

I see it like this: If I do more damage then my HP and kill at least 1 tank I am not to blame for the team losing(as I am doing more then my value).

Therefore I must say 1% lag (Norwegian fiber ftw) 70% noobs fault and 30% my fault(I add a bit extra to my fault then just the games were I don't do more damage because of small mistakes I do that ends up killing me for no good reason)

And my %calculation has a 1% margin of error.

But if you want to blame me for half the team doing 0 damage and I didn't do 6x the damage of my tank I guess it would be more like 90% my fault that a game loses.

Edited by Krogenator, 06 January 2014 - 01:24 AM.

Homer_J #13 Posted 06 January 2014 - 01:34 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 29025 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostKrogenator, on 06 January 2014 - 12:24 AM, said:

I see it like this: If I do more damage then my HP and kill at least 1 tank I am not to blame for the team losing(as I am doing more then my value).

If all the good players in your team do that (and no more) then you will most likely lose.

That is because the tomatoes will still be getting one good shot off and dying.

Krogenator #14 Posted 06 January 2014 - 08:45 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 16784 battles
  • [-HOW-] -HOW-

View PostHomer_J, on 06 January 2014 - 12:34 AM, said:

If all the good players in your team do that (and no more) then you will most likely lose.

That is because the tomatoes will still be getting one good shot off and dying.

So you are saying it isn't their fault we lose?So you say the bad players that don't carry their own weight are not the reason those games are lost? I will admit that if all "good players" ONLY did their HP in damage and got 1 kill every game would be judged by how many bad players each team got(who has the least will win) but that doesn't mean you can blame one of the "good players" for having a team with more tomatos then the other team does it?

In most games I do more then my HP in damage, but having games were I do 2-8 times my HP in damage and still lose you can't possibly blame me for getting a tomato team can you?

There have been games were I don't do damage at all as well, and I blame the team there and then(leaving a flank completely open and me alone to protect it against the enemy lemmingtrain)but afterwards I will look back at it as my fault,if they left the flank open I don't do any good killing myself to show the enemy team is all there.

TrailApe #15 Posted 06 January 2014 - 11:25 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 54555 battles

It could be that it's just because the reds had better players.

I'm pretty average and can bumble along reasonably efficiently for most games, usually I'll do my bit (i.e. deal out more damage than I receive) however I'll still do the occasional stupid thing and get wiped out early. If I do something stupid I'll never complain about the team or the enemy using gold or Arty being OP - I ballsed up - end of.

However once in a while you will come up against an opponent – or worse, a platoon of them – who are just too good for you, their speed of thought, reaction time and ability to use their tank are just so much better than yours.

What do you do? Try and fight them or slink away hoping somebody else will deal with them?

I always try to do as much damage as I can, but sometimes it’s just like being a speed bump to a modern MBT, you don’t even slow them down.

Sometimes you have to admit that – they were just better than you.

Edited by TrailApe, 06 January 2014 - 11:27 AM.

Ares9021 #16 Posted 06 January 2014 - 11:40 AM

Private

• Player
  • 35193 battles
  • [QUIET] QUIET

View PostFulgurite, on 05 January 2014 - 12:25 PM, said:

How many of us can admit that we was the " blue " in a game?

Uploaded with ImageShack.

My luck 60%-noobs and 40%-My Fault

Edited by Ares9021, 06 January 2014 - 11:43 AM.

Element6 #17 Posted 06 January 2014 - 04:13 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 29368 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostKrogenator, on 06 January 2014 - 07:45 AM, said:

There have been games were I don't do damage at all as well, and I blame the team there and then(leaving a flank completely open and me alone to protect it against the enemy lemmingtrain)but afterwards I will look back at it as my fault,if they left the flank open I don't do any good killing myself to show the enemy team is all there.

In my experience it is not given that staying alone on a flank turns out to be a burden for the team. There are times when you are alone on a flank, especially if you have some type of cover, you can manage to halt the enemy long enough for your team mates to either push through on the other flank or (some of them) return to base. Sometimes as little as a minute is enough to save the situation, though you porbably end up with little personal reward. But it all depends on who the enemy is, if he's experienced he might very well just rush your position and take you out with a coordinated strike, but sometimes the enemy is anxious to move forward at the sight of an enemy tank so the tactic works somewhat.

I would say that the value of staying alone on a flank is inversely proportional to the enemy's willingness to rush you. And it depends on wether there are artillery present or not.

daddlar #18 Posted 06 January 2014 - 04:42 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 29224 battles
  • [D0NG] D0NG

I get 0-15 kills and win =  My win. Blame me. Why did it happen? What did I do? What didn't I do? Where did I screw up?

I get 0-15 kills and lose = My defeat. Blame me. Why did it happen? What did I do? What didn't I do? Where did I screw up?

For me it's always my fault the outcome is what it became.

Disclaimer: This is only my think-tool for learning and become better.

Edited by daddlar, 06 January 2014 - 04:46 PM.

Krogenator #19 Posted 06 January 2014 - 08:36 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 16784 battles
  • [-HOW-] -HOW-

View PostElement6, on 06 January 2014 - 03:13 PM, said:

I would say that the value of staying alone on a flank is inversely proportional to the enemy's willingness to rush you. And it depends on wether there are artillery present or not.

That is true, you can also some times hold a flank by just being there. I even remember a game were I held of a Tiger2,IS-3,Hellcat and 2 KV1S's in my KV-2 just because I sat around a corner and didn't fire.Non of them wanted to get hit by the KV-2(understandably) and I held all of them there for almost 2min, before my team started capping and they all rushed out,but at that point it was to late for them,1 shell fired with 5-600 damage,but I am pretty sure I helped the team a lot that game.

View Postdaddlar, on 06 January 2014 - 03:42 PM, said:

I get 0-15 kills and win =  My win. Blame me. Why did it happen? What did I do? What didn't I do? Where did I screw up?

I get 0-15 kills and lose = My defeat. Blame me. Why did it happen? What did I do? What didn't I do? Where did I screw up?

For me it's always my fault the outcome is what it became.

Disclaimer: This is only my think-tool for learning and become better.

It is a nice way to learn.Always look for your mistakes,accepting them is the fastest way to improve.

But don't blame everything on yourself,you eventually start blaming yourself for believing your team is capable of helping you, then you will distance yourself from the team aspect of the game.I have seen people do it before and you can see their win% go a little down when they stop playing with their team.

And at the end,I tend to record all my games, then I pick up games I did good and then and rewatch them.Then I look at myself extremely critical and in all of the games I spot things I should have done different,then I try to focus on those things next games until I have a game I do good,and I repeat the process.

Be warned though,the better I get the easier I get annoyed at other players doing the same mistakes as I used to do.

dieltdaan #20 Posted 06 January 2014 - 08:39 PM

Private

• Beta Tester
  • 15521 battles
  • [S-32] S-32

Well last time i was in fault was 20 minutes ago, I pressed battle with my e-75 i alt tabbed for loading screen and countdown. went to check WoT site! and totally forgot i pressed battle, when i went back into game, i saw i was in battle, i cursed. I saw i was 1 of 2 Tier 9 (top tier) in game, other tier 9 was ALSO afk..

Half team was dead, i apologised to the team, and still tried to win the game invain.

To those who were in that game SORRY!!!!!

Regards Dieltdaan

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users