Jump to content


Have you ever met 'Teh pro gamers lol yur statistics sey yur nob lrn2ply' players?


  • This topic is locked This topic is locked
71 replies to this topic

silver_dragon #1 Posted 05 January 2014 - 04:02 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Beta Tester
  • 3142 battles
  • 94
  • Member since:
    07-27-2010

Isn't it annoying when you've played longer than they have but your statistics totally define your skill? I try to help my teammates by filling the empty flank (because they lemming'd) but was noob-called and mocked. This was some time ago in my KV-4 when I finally mounted the Zis-24. A very accurate cannon that allows sniping. I was the last one left and was busy sniping, but some douche proclaimed that the KV-4 is incapable of sniping and then rallied the whole team against me. I got furious and got killed shortly afterwards because of the distractions. It's quite annoying when you're doing your best and this happens.

 

Luckily, I haven't had to deal with these "Pro-noobs" as I've met either the silent players or more "professional" players who gave 0 f***s about the stats and judged you on how you were playing on the map. It just goes to show that noobs will always be noobs no matter what they do, and seeing as I was still alive and had been sniping gentle spots...Welp. If only I remembered their names...

 

Anyways, this shows that just because you've done "few" battles with long streaks of defeat (as I always get) doesn't mean that you're a bad player. If you died early, maybe you made a mistake. Try and figure out what you did and try not to repeat it. Know your weaponry and you can do anything, like zerg towards an entire tank column and kill them with RAMMING AND D-25-T SHOOTING WITH YOUR KV-3 AND BOUNCING NEARLY EVERY SHOT! MUAHAHAHAH! MUAHAHAHAHA!

 

 



Trakais #2 Posted 05 January 2014 - 04:14 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 34129 battles
  • 1,035
  • Member since:
    03-17-2011

Sniping KV-4? :facepalm:

 

Polluting forums with whine? :facepalm:

 

Oh, you have 48%ish win rate. Must be those stupid noob teams you get all the time.



silver_dragon #3 Posted 05 January 2014 - 04:24 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Beta Tester
  • 3142 battles
  • 94
  • Member since:
    07-27-2010

View PostTrakais, on 05 January 2014 - 04:14 PM, said:

Sniping KV-4? :facepalm:

 

Polluting forums with whine? :facepalm:

 

Oh, you have 48%ish win rate. Must be those stupid noob teams you get all the time.


I'm not whining. I'm stating. And You're still clearly someone who doesn't know how well the KV-4 can snipe nor how accurate the Zis-24 cannon is.:facepalm:



Jean_Bart #4 Posted 05 January 2014 - 04:24 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 9185 battles
  • 435
  • Member since:
    02-13-2013

The WR % is the most conclusive parameter to measure someone's skill and efficiency in the game! The other two important parameters are kill/death and damage dealt/recieved ratios but yet if you have good kill/death and damage dealt/recieved ratios you most likely would have a good WR % as well!

Anything else is just a moonshine!



silver_dragon #5 Posted 05 January 2014 - 04:26 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Beta Tester
  • 3142 battles
  • 94
  • Member since:
    07-27-2010

View PostJean_Bart, on 05 January 2014 - 04:24 PM, said:

The WR % is the most conclusive parameter to measure someone's skill and efficiency in the game! The other two important parameters are kill/death and damage dealt/recieved ratios but yet if you have good kill/death and damage dealt/recieved ratios you most likely would have a good WR % as well!

Anything else is just a moonshine!


I thought your name was Jean_Barf.:hiding: Also, not to be like a noob, but I don't follow these statistics like everyone else. Do you know what WN7 and WN8 stand for?



StronkTenkererGuderian #6 Posted 05 January 2014 - 04:30 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 10680 battles
  • 630
  • [-EXP-] -EXP-
  • Member since:
    03-05-2013
Weighted and normalized?

silver_dragon #7 Posted 05 January 2014 - 04:34 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Beta Tester
  • 3142 battles
  • 94
  • Member since:
    07-27-2010

View PostStronkTenkererGuderian, on 05 January 2014 - 04:30 PM, said:

Weighted and normalized?


Hmmm. Seems reasonable.



UrQuan #8 Posted 05 January 2014 - 04:41 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 19189 battles
  • 6,040
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    08-19-2011

I'll bite.

 

You didn't describe the situation that required you to snipe, so people won't be acceptable to your complaint.

 

It is indeed true the ZiZ-24 gun is accurate (for a russian gun) and allows sniping to a degree (and it has nice pen too) But the KV-4 primary role is hardly to be a sniper. It's a tank that's meant to lead attacks as toptier, troubling the enemy (don't mindelssly charge however)

As bottomtier however, yea, sniping can be acceptable, just don't block positions that are better taken by powerful snipertanks/TD's.



silver_dragon #9 Posted 05 January 2014 - 04:45 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Beta Tester
  • 3142 battles
  • 94
  • Member since:
    07-27-2010

View PostUrQuan, on 05 January 2014 - 04:41 PM, said:

I'll bite.

 

You didn't describe the situation that required you to snipe, so people won't be acceptable to your complaint.

 

It is indeed true the ZiZ-24 gun is accurate (for a russian gun) and allows sniping to a degree (and it has nice pen too) But the KV-4 primary role is hardly to be a sniper. It's a tank that's meant to lead attacks as toptier, troubling the enemy (don't mindelssly charge however)

As bottomtier however, yea, sniping can be acceptable, just don't block positions that are better taken by powerful snipertanks/TD's.


Usually, because I'm so heavily armored, I like to serve as a mobile shield for the smaller tanks. I've found, however, that the Zis-24 doesn't allow me the position of brawler as my KV-3 allowed. It kinda ruins the whole purpose of the KV-4 which makes it a tricky tank to play.

 

As for the sniping, it was on Campinovka near the hill. I was at bottom tier so I was forced to snipe. I usually tracked the enemy tanks because I couldn't pierce their fronts nor the lower glacis. A tier 8 trying to face off against nines and tens isn't exactly a good outcome.



Krogenator #10 Posted 05 January 2014 - 04:46 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 16784 battles
  • 875
  • [-HOW-] -HOW-
  • Member since:
    06-06-2011

View Postsilver_dragon, on 05 January 2014 - 03:24 PM, said:


I'm not whining. I'm stating. And You're still clearly someone who doesn't know how well the KV-4 can snipe nor how accurate the Zis-24 cannon is.:facepalm:

 

First of the KV-4 is a heavy tank with great armor,if you sit in the back with the good armor you are letting your team die in vain.

Heavys are there to be on the front line (or support line in some cases but not the KV-4) and if you go any were else there is a good chanse your f***ing over your own team.

 

View Postsilver_dragon, on 05 January 2014 - 03:26 PM, said:


I thought your name was Jean_Barf.:hiding: Also, not to be like a noob, but I don't follow these statistics like everyone else. Do you know what WN7 and WN8 stand for?

 

Ha Ha Ha...not funny at all.

Now unless you do more damage then you take you have no reason to complain about the team because then you are one of the ones dragging the team down.

I am upset at myself every game were I don't do the tasks of my tank and at the same time don't do more damage then my HP,so should you.

Sure I complain about my team leaving me alone on a flank against 6 tanks and I can't do the damage I have to to balance out my HP value.But I complain more when I see they had 7 tanks vs 2 tanks on the enemy side and 4 of our tanks die without doing damage,that only means I have to do that damage as well to win.And it can already be hard enough to do your own damage when your team don't support you or sit in the back with the heavy armor(hint hint).

 



Smooth_lt2002 #11 Posted 05 January 2014 - 04:46 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 32062 battles
  • 544
  • Member since:
    05-22-2011
Man do you really think that KV-4 is sniping tank? That gun is not anywhere near accurate. And if your lemming team go all on one side you try to stay near them, just in case you get rushed by 6 tanks, so you can go back and get some help from teammates. Never go alone too far or you will get dead really fast.

silver_dragon #12 Posted 05 January 2014 - 04:49 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Beta Tester
  • 3142 battles
  • 94
  • Member since:
    07-27-2010

View Postlaponac, on 05 January 2014 - 04:46 PM, said:

Man do you really think that KV-4 is sniping tank? That gun is not anywhere near accurate. And if your lemming team go all on one side you try to stay near them, just in case you get rushed by 6 tanks, so you can go back and get some help from teammates. Never go alone too far or you will get dead really fast.


...I've had firsthand experience with the gun. It's very accurate. And no. You don't follow them, because then you get a heavy hole in your sides and are likely to get either flanked or capped while you're blocked halfway across the map.

 

 

Also, check my post above.

 

View PostKrogenator, on 05 January 2014 - 04:46 PM, said:

 

First of the KV-4 is a heavy tank with great armor,if you sit in the back with the good armor you are letting your team die in vain.

Heavys are there to be on the front line (or support line in some cases but not the KV-4) and if you go any were else there is a good chanse your f***ing over your own team.

 

 

Ha Ha Ha...not funny at all.

Now unless you do more damage then you take you have no reason to complain about the team because then you are one of the ones dragging the team down.

I am upset at myself every game were I don't do the tasks of my tank and at the same time don't do more damage then my HP,so should you.

Sure I complain about my team leaving me alone on a flank against 6 tanks and I can't do the damage I have to to balance out my HP value.But I complain more when I see they had 7 tanks vs 2 tanks on the enemy side and 4 of our tanks die without doing damage,that only means I have to do that damage as well to win.And it can already be hard enough to do your own damage when your team don't support you or sit in the back with the heavy armor(hint hint).

 

 

Well, seeing as I tend to try and rush in to help isolated teammates or get swarmed by enemy tanks while we're only three to defend the empty flank...


Edited by silver_dragon, 05 January 2014 - 04:50 PM.


Smooth_lt2002 #13 Posted 05 January 2014 - 05:00 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 32062 battles
  • 544
  • Member since:
    05-22-2011
Listen. KV-4 is your first tier 8 tank. If you think he is accurate. Wait while you get other tier 8 tanks. Your stats are bad cause you think that you are right and everyone else is wrong. If you want to go all alone on one flank, go, but again you will be dead in 1 minute which makes you bad player. So - you dont have to go lemmings, just be close to your team. So they can help you, but looks like you dont want to listen to our advices, you still claim that you are right and we are wrong. You can negrep us all the way you want. We are just telling you the truth and trying to help you out. 

Element6_TheSprout #14 Posted 05 January 2014 - 05:03 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 28962 battles
  • 10,255
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    01-06-2013

View PostJean_Bart, on 05 January 2014 - 03:24 PM, said:

The WR % is the most conclusive parameter to measure someone's skill and efficiency in the game! The other two important parameters are kill/death and damage dealt/recieved ratios but yet if you have good kill/death and damage dealt/recieved ratios you most likely would have a good WR % as well!

Anything else is just a moonshine!

First a statement, then a guesstimation?

 

Yeah, I'm ready to believe anything you say in a heartbeat o.O



silver_dragon #15 Posted 05 January 2014 - 05:03 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Beta Tester
  • 3142 battles
  • 94
  • Member since:
    07-27-2010

View Postlaponac, on 05 January 2014 - 05:00 PM, said:

Listen. KV-4 is your first tier 8 tank. If you think he is accurate. Wait while you get other tier 8 tanks. Your stats are bad cause you think that you are right and everyone else is wrong. If you want to go all alone on one flank, go, but again you will be dead in 1 minute which makes you bad player. So - you dont have to go lemmings, just be close to your team. So they can help you, but looks like you dont want to listen to our advices, you still claim that you are right and we are wrong. You can negrep us all the way you want. We are just telling you the truth and trying to help you out. 


They're not so much advices as they're biased assumptions, like you thinking that I believe myself to be always right. I've been staying next to the team. I die. I defend the base during the conquer battles (I forget the name), I die. If the tankers can't cover the flanks it's obvious we're going to lose.


Edited by silver_dragon, 05 January 2014 - 05:04 PM.


Amexx #16 Posted 05 January 2014 - 05:05 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 40043 battles
  • 324
  • [FAME] FAME
  • Member since:
    04-30-2012

View Postsilver_dragon, on 05 January 2014 - 03:02 PM, said:

Isn't it annoying when you've played longer than they have but your statistics totally define your skill?

Met this guys yesterday

I think he was way more experienced than me. 

Is this how experienced players grind exp for the top gun on their bat ? Just standing on spawn PRO botting skillz 


Edited by Amexx, 05 January 2014 - 05:09 PM.


Smooth_lt2002 #17 Posted 05 January 2014 - 05:11 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 32062 battles
  • 544
  • Member since:
    05-22-2011

View Postsilver_dragon, on 05 January 2014 - 04:03 PM, said:


They're not so much advices as they're biased assumptions, like you thinking that I believe myself to be always right. I've been staying next to the team. I die. I defend the base during the conquer battles (I forget the name), I die. If the tankers can't cover the flanks it's obvious we're going to lose.

 

Well what can i say then, if you just keep dying without doing anything for your team you are just bad player. Your overall and recent stats are bad, and stats dont lie. 

 

View PostAmexx, on 05 January 2014 - 04:05 PM, said:

Met this guys yesterday

I think he was way more experienced than me. 

 

That is the stronkest player of all time. He is probably playing something like this "I will spot enemy ARTA, cover me!"



silver_dragon #18 Posted 05 January 2014 - 05:12 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Beta Tester
  • 3142 battles
  • 94
  • Member since:
    07-27-2010

View Postlaponac, on 05 January 2014 - 05:11 PM, said:

 

Well what can i say then, if you just keep dying without doing anything for your team you are just bad player. Your overall and recent stats are bad, and stats dont lie. 

 

 

That is the stronkest player of all time. He is probably playing something like this "I will spot enemy ARTA, cover me!"


One cannot contribute when they are not backed up.



Fantabulousness #19 Posted 05 January 2014 - 05:14 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 50 battles
  • 476
  • Member since:
    11-11-2013

View Postsilver_dragon, on 05 January 2014 - 04:12 PM, said:


One cannot contribute when they are not backed up.

Because you are doing it wrong, it's simple as that.



silver_dragon #20 Posted 05 January 2014 - 05:18 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Beta Tester
  • 3142 battles
  • 94
  • Member since:
    07-27-2010

View PostFantabulousness, on 05 January 2014 - 05:14 PM, said:

Because you are doing it wrong, it's simple as that.


So trying to prevent my team from getting steamrolled from two sides or pre-capped is doing it wrong? When they all go in one direction and no one supports me, I sit in the cap and block a base entrance  (when there's cover). Atleast I can protect the arty and have them contribute for the team.






1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users