Jump to content


Which Medium tank best


  • This topic is locked This topic is locked
38 replies to this topic

xXxHeadcutterxXx #1 Posted 05 January 2014 - 04:26 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 5565 battles
  • 36
  • Member since:
    05-04-2013

Hello I have been looking forward to start playing Medium tanks for a while now but all the best tank lines start with a light which I am horrible at. For example the T-62A line start with 4 light tanks which I have rushed through but I am stuck on the A-20 where I have to get  11,500 xp for the next Medium tank. A-20 is pretty fast but when it is match-made  to the tier 8,7 or 6 it dies instantly after 1 shot from the enemy's weakest med. Any tips to be a better scout or spotter (which I am horrible at!!!) ?

 



silver_dragon #2 Posted 05 January 2014 - 04:30 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Beta Tester
  • 3149 battles
  • 94
  • Member since:
    07-27-2010

There isn't really a "best" tank. Each excel in their own domain with each nation having specifics given to their tanks. I can't really help you because I never went the medium tank route of the Russian line. The best I can say is trying out the tanks you want in a test server, or getting tips about specific tanks from those who have already played them, taking the majority of opinions into factor.



xXxHeadcutterxXx #3 Posted 05 January 2014 - 04:38 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 5565 battles
  • 36
  • Member since:
    05-04-2013

How can you get a test server?

 


Edited by xXxHeadcutterxXx, 05 January 2014 - 04:38 PM.


silver_dragon #4 Posted 05 January 2014 - 04:39 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Beta Tester
  • 3149 battles
  • 94
  • Member since:
    07-27-2010
Unfortunately, right now, you can't. I forgot to add that part. You have to look at the news of the game. The test servers only come out when there's a new version of the game coming. Then you follow the instructions to install. That's why it's best you look on youtube for BohemianEagle's videos (he tests many tanks) or ask players on this forum.

xXxHeadcutterxXx #5 Posted 05 January 2014 - 04:41 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 5565 battles
  • 36
  • Member since:
    05-04-2013

I think I found one :D

thx btw



xXxHeadcutterxXx #6 Posted 05 January 2014 - 04:41 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 5565 battles
  • 36
  • Member since:
    05-04-2013
Will this work? http://worldoftanks....10-public-test/

War_of_Genius #7 Posted 05 January 2014 - 04:41 PM

    Major

  • Player
  • 28968 battles
  • 2,509
  • Member since:
    05-02-2011

Test servers are not currently running, only 2 weeks before each patch.

 

View PostxXxHeadcutterxXx, on 05 January 2014 - 03:26 PM, said:

Hello I have been looking forward to start playing Medium tanks for a while now but all the best tank lines start with a light which I am horrible at. For example the T-62A line start with 4 light tanks which I have rushed through but I am stuck on the A-20 where I have to get  11,500 xp for the next Medium tank. A-20 is pretty fast but when it is match-made  to the tier 8,7 or 6 it dies instantly after 1 shot from the enemy's weakest med. Any tips to be a better scout or spotter (which I am horrible at!!!) ?

 

 

Camoulfage crew. Play a light tank in tier 3, until u get a 100% camouflage crew(on all crewmembers). Will take a long time, but u will get a lot of experience (as a player) and a lot of credits. Tier IV scout duty will be much easier with a camouflaged tank and the right equipment for spotting.

Sounds like a grind, but just pick a tank u like.


Edited by General_Jack_D_Ripper, 05 January 2014 - 04:43 PM.


silver_dragon #8 Posted 05 January 2014 - 04:42 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Beta Tester
  • 3149 battles
  • 94
  • Member since:
    07-27-2010

View PostxXxHeadcutterxXx, on 05 January 2014 - 04:41 PM, said:


I'm not sure. They shut down the servers after the version has been released. I don't think you will be able to connect.



xXxHeadcutterxXx #9 Posted 05 January 2014 - 04:43 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 5565 battles
  • 36
  • Member since:
    05-04-2013
Its updating :P Hope it worls

Edited by xXxHeadcutterxXx, 05 January 2014 - 04:45 PM.


War_of_Genius #10 Posted 05 January 2014 - 04:46 PM

    Major

  • Player
  • 28968 battles
  • 2,509
  • Member since:
    05-02-2011

View PostxXxHeadcutterxXx, on 05 January 2014 - 03:43 PM, said:

Its updating :P Hope it worls

 

It will not work!



xXxHeadcutterxXx #11 Posted 05 January 2014 - 04:46 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 5565 battles
  • 36
  • Member since:
    05-04-2013

Do I have to make a new account for the test server?

 



xXxHeadcutterxXx #12 Posted 05 January 2014 - 04:47 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 5565 battles
  • 36
  • Member since:
    05-04-2013

View PostGeneral_Jack_D_Ripper, on 05 January 2014 - 04:46 PM, said:

 

It will not work!

Have you tried it?

 



Adran #13 Posted 05 January 2014 - 04:49 PM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 8137 battles
  • 147
  • Member since:
    02-24-2011

Test server is unavaiable becouse WG is not testing next patch and T-80 doesnt have scount MM.


Edited by Adran, 05 January 2014 - 04:49 PM.


The_Raging_Bull #14 Posted 05 January 2014 - 04:49 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 13487 battles
  • 499
  • Member since:
    01-15-2012

Well as sad above me, there isn't really the ''best'' tank. The thing is every tank excels at it's own thing. For example I like a lot the US medium tank line. 

 

You will find there a lot of fast and mobile tanks. With guns with really nice reload times. Average accuracy and god aiming time.. And excellent accuracy on the move. 

 

Take in account the T20 for example. A fast (not really armored) medium tank. With great mobility and a great 90mm gun with good damage (240) and a good penetration (160). Or the Pershing a great tier 8 tank with an excellent gun mantlet to pull off some bounces while hull down. 

 

I would say try every line, lets say to tier 8, and then pick a favorite.  



xXxHeadcutterxXx #15 Posted 05 January 2014 - 04:50 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 5565 battles
  • 36
  • Member since:
    05-04-2013
So should I take the bt-7 play a couple games get the  camouflage  and move the crew?

xXxHeadcutterxXx #16 Posted 05 January 2014 - 04:50 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 5565 battles
  • 36
  • Member since:
    05-04-2013
Would that be any good?

TaKSC #17 Posted 05 January 2014 - 04:53 PM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 31281 battles
  • 216
  • Member since:
    12-27-2012
Depends, do you mean best medium tier for tier or do you mean which is the best tier 10 medium, as in which T10 Med to grind for?

xXxHeadcutterxXx #18 Posted 05 January 2014 - 04:54 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 5565 battles
  • 36
  • Member since:
    05-04-2013
Plus i 

View PostThe_Raging_Bull, on 05 January 2014 - 04:49 PM, said:

Well as sad above me, there isn't really the ''best'' tank. The thing is every tank excels at it's own thing. For example I like a lot the US medium tank line. 

 

You will find there a lot of fast and mobile tanks. With guns with really nice reload times. Average accuracy and god aiming time.. And excellent accuracy on the move. 

 

Take in account the T20 for example. A fast (not really armored) medium tank. With great mobility and a great 90mm gun with good damage (240) and a good penetration (160). Or the Pershing a great tier 8 tank with an excellent gun mantlet to pull off some bounces while hull down. 

 

I would say try every line, lets say to tier 8, and then pick a favorite.  

Plus I have another problem i got the m3 Lee ready for the medium tank line but again I don't have money xD



xXxHeadcutterxXx #19 Posted 05 January 2014 - 04:55 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 5565 battles
  • 36
  • Member since:
    05-04-2013

View PostTaKSC, on 05 January 2014 - 04:53 PM, said:

Depends, do you mean best medium tier for tier or do you mean which is the best tier 10 medium, as in which T10 Med to grind for?

Its basycally all the best medium tank lines except for m48 patton require passin the light tanks which I am rubbish at :P



War_of_Genius #20 Posted 05 January 2014 - 04:55 PM

    Major

  • Player
  • 28968 battles
  • 2,509
  • Member since:
    05-02-2011

View PostxXxHeadcutterxXx, on 05 January 2014 - 03:50 PM, said:

So should I take the bt-7 play a couple games get the  camouflage  and move the crew?

 

"couple"?

Depending on how good you are, 50-100 minimum. But that would be good, yeah.






1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users