Next nation to grind

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
20 replies to this topic

mikesmight123 #1 Posted 05 January 2014 - 04:28 PM

Private

• Player
  • 3017 battles
  • [GETIN] GETIN
So, just like many other people when i finnaly downloaded the game I saw there were german tanks and I thought the game was historic, and in history Germany had the best tanks (debatable) so I went through the Germans and have realized that games are balanced and German tanks are not Gods of the battlefield like in WW2. I want to go through a new line and Im liking the look of the french or soviet. Which one????:unsure:

silver_dragon #2 Posted 05 January 2014 - 04:32 PM

Lance-corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 3142 battles

It's really your choice. Personally, I'd choose the Soviets if you're unfamiliar with the basic tanks of this game (the soviets and Germans were the first lines). If you want tanks with powerful guns but average accuracy, the French tank is the line to go, especially in later tiers where they get auto-loading mechanisms. They do have weak armor, unfortunately. They're best for hit and run style tactics, I find.

Scuka #3 Posted 05 January 2014 - 04:35 PM

Captain

• Beta Tester
  • 20362 battles

The french line is the last line I would suggest to a beginner.

Mike, play any tank line except French and lines which have light tanks above tier 4 (because they are very newbie-unfriendly). No one here can read your mind and tell you which tanks you'll like or won't like.

Edited by Scuka, 05 January 2014 - 04:37 PM.

Desyatnik_Pansy #4 Posted 05 January 2014 - 04:36 PM

Bartender

• Player
  • 14975 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-

View Postsilver_dragon, on 05 January 2014 - 03:32 PM, said:

It's really your choice. Personally, I'd choose the Soviets if you're unfamiliar with the basic tanks of this game (the soviets and Germans were the first lines). If you want tanks with powerful guns but average accuracy, the French tank is the line to go, especially in later tiers where they get auto-loading mechanisms. They do have weak armor, unfortunately. They're best for hit and run style tactics, I find.

Most low tier French tanks are annoyingly slow, with bad guns and there armour won't go saving them anytime soon.

silver_dragon #5 Posted 05 January 2014 - 04:37 PM

Lance-corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 3142 battles
True. The French Line is more for people who are experienced enough in the game because they don't have the same feel to their heavy tanks as the others do. Extremely capable of dishing out massive damage, but can't take too many hits themseves.

silver_dragon #6 Posted 05 January 2014 - 04:37 PM

Lance-corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 3142 battles

View PostDesyatnik_Pansy, on 05 January 2014 - 04:36 PM, said:

Most low tier French tanks are annoyingly slow, with bad guns and there armour won't go saving them anytime soon.

...Never speak of those tanks again...Never have I been so horrified in my life...

War_of_Genius #7 Posted 05 January 2014 - 04:39 PM

Major

• Player
  • 28934 battles

View Postmikesmight123, on 05 January 2014 - 03:28 PM, said:

So, just like many other people when i finnaly downloaded the game I saw there were german tanks and I thought the game was historic, and in history Germany had the best tanks (debatable) so I went through the Germans and have realized that games are balanced and German tanks are not Gods of the battlefield like in WW2. I want to go through a new line and Im liking the look of the french or soviet. Which one????:unsure:

How about tommies or yankies?

U will hate the inaccurate soviet guns, because u played German tanks first, I can tell u that for a fact.

mikesmight123 #8 Posted 05 January 2014 - 04:41 PM

Private

• Player
  • 3017 battles
  • [GETIN] GETIN
whoa you guys are quick in helping, thanks for the advice :great:

silver_dragon #9 Posted 05 January 2014 - 04:46 PM

Lance-corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 3142 battles

View Postmikesmight123, on 05 January 2014 - 04:41 PM, said:

whoa you guys are quick in helping, thanks for the advice :great:

THERE'S NEVER TOO MUCH HELP!

mikesmight123 #10 Posted 05 January 2014 - 05:27 PM

Private

• Player
  • 3017 battles
  • [GETIN] GETIN

Ban the caps lock button on all qwerty keyboards:izmena:!!!

Cst90RO #11 Posted 05 January 2014 - 05:39 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 4733 battles

I started the french line only because of the AMX 13 F3, I like the looks and sound of it :izmena:

I don't know about the russian one tho.

In the german line you have the most variety and in my oppinion it's the best one to start with and to finish, if you will.

The american one is good also but if you have 2 euros the last money in your home, I would recommend you to get gold and skip the M3 Lee instantly..... :izmena:

Good luck.

sword_of_Damocles #12 Posted 05 January 2014 - 05:56 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 59482 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

Give a try to the chinas.People underestimate them,but they have some capable tanks,especially after tier 6.

Whatever you choose try to grind 2 lines simultaneusly(wx meds+heavies),they share some common modules.

mikesmight123 #13 Posted 05 January 2014 - 05:59 PM

Private

• Player
  • 3017 battles
  • [GETIN] GETIN

View Postsword_of_Damocles, on 05 January 2014 - 05:56 PM, said:

Give a try to the chinas.People underestimate them,but they have some capable tanks,especially after tier 6.

Whatever you choose try to grind 2 lines simultaneusly(wx meds+heavies),they share some common modules.

What are the typical things for chinese tanks (ie like french: bad armour but good speed)

dyrewolfe #14 Posted 05 January 2014 - 06:16 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 4721 battles

I actually enjoyed playing the French line. I found the Renault FT one of the better Tier I machines, likewise with the H-35 Hotchkiss in Tier II.

The AMX38 and AMX40 are very slow, but have good armour for their class and good top guns. I had one of my best battles in an AMX40 with the 75mm gun. A lot of people seem to like the ELC AMX, which I'm about halfway towards getting.

In the end though, it all comes down to personal preferences and how you like to play.

AN225 #15 Posted 05 January 2014 - 06:24 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 27593 battles

First you have to realize there were no best tanks in wwii.

Each tank was the "best" for as long as enemy made their counterpart.

PzIII was best, then KV, then Tiger, then IS, then King Tiger, then IS3 etc.

(reallllllly simplified version of ww2 tank industry but you get the idea)

Second, not all tanks were perfect, mechanical failers were common on all sides. KV's had their suspension broken more then it worked, Panther and Tiger series engines died often etc.

You could even hardly find two exactly the same Tigers, or KV doesn't matter.

And third and last, there is something we players call "easy" and "hard" mode to play.

USSR tanks falls into that "easy" mode while Germany is in "hard" one.

Why?

Because Russian tanks are generally designed that way, pike nose design, higlhy angled sides etc.

Germans don't have that, while driving them you HAVE to think about angling, side scraping, etc.

No offence but a player with not enough experience can't pull out maximum of German tanks.

While the same that player can pull out most of Russian tanks.

Once you get hand on the game and tanks in general, you will see that German tanks are one of the best in the game. Most of my german tanks have waaay higher win rate then my russian tanks.

And for your question, all nations and all tank types are the next in line.

The best way to defeat the enemy is to know him.

And the best way to know him is to play it :)

After all, you are not in a rush here, you are here to play and have fun, i hope so :)

Venatacia #16 Posted 05 January 2014 - 06:27 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 33731 battles

Just started the French TD and artillery line myself and some TDs are awful but some are really good fun. At Tier 7 and quite enjoying so far with the TDs. The artillery line seems ok so far but not as much fun as the British artillery line in my personal view (up to tier 8, not got any further yet).

The Russian line is boring in my personal view, just got to the IS3 and stopped playing them. Kind of play them on and off to be honest, need to be in the right mood for them, don't know why. Just not for me I guess. Most people will recommend them though.

I would say give the British a try. The heavy line has some good tanks, not the best but they are a challenge if that's what your looking for. In the right hands they are good and can be fun. Won't lie to you, they can be frustrating to "looking at the stock Cearnarvon" - worst grind in my tanking history but ok once fully upgraded. The Conqueror was worth it and I just love that tank, looks wise and play wise.

Tamcia #17 Posted 05 January 2014 - 06:36 PM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Tester
  • 26260 battles
Go US or USSR. Flip a coin :P 

mikesmight123 #18 Posted 05 January 2014 - 07:38 PM

Private

• Player
  • 3017 battles
  • [GETIN] GETIN

View PostAN225, on 05 January 2014 - 06:24 PM, said:

First you have to realize there were no best tanks in wwii.

Each tank was the "best" for as long as enemy made their counterpart.

PzIII was best, then KV, then Tiger, then IS, then King Tiger, then IS3 etc.

(reallllllly simplified version of ww2 tank industry but you get the idea)

Second, not all tanks were perfect, mechanical failers were common on all sides. KV's had their suspension broken more then it worked, Panther and Tiger series engines died often etc.

You could even hardly find two exactly the same Tigers, or KV doesn't matter.

And third and last, there is something we players call "easy" and "hard" mode to play.

USSR tanks falls into that "easy" mode while Germany is in "hard" one.

Why?

Because Russian tanks are generally designed that way, pike nose design, higlhy angled sides etc.

Germans don't have that, while driving them you HAVE to think about angling, side scraping, etc.

No offence but a player with not enough experience can't pull out maximum of German tanks.

While the same that player can pull out most of Russian tanks.

Once you get hand on the game and tanks in general, you will see that German tanks are one of the best in the game. Most of my german tanks have waaay higher win rate then my russian tanks.

And for your question, all nations and all tank types are the next in line.

The best way to defeat the enemy is to know him.

And the best way to know him is to play it :)

After all, you are not in a rush here, you are here to play and have fun, i hope so :)

I may not have the experience but I know all about sidescraping peek-a-boom angling passive scouting....  But I seem to have difficulty implementing them because when I battle I seem to just go in a trance and forget about everything

AN225 #19 Posted 05 January 2014 - 10:40 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 27593 battles

View Postmikesmight123, on 05 January 2014 - 06:38 PM, said:

I may not have the experience but I know all about sidescraping peek-a-boom angling passive scouting....  But I seem to have difficulty implementing them because when I battle I seem to just go in a trance and forget about everything

Knowing is one thing, making it instinct is another :)

And that comes with experience :)

But you are on a good road, with time these things will be normal for you :)

It just takes time, some need less some need more of it.

Few hints, once you die don't exit battle straight away, stay and spectate some good players driving.

You will catch up few things from them, good places to hide, tactics, moves, etc.

There is also good streamers you can watch, QuickyBaby, jingles, maybe someone can add more of them.

And read wot wiki, part about battle mechanics. Try to really understand it.

http://wiki.worldoft...attle_Mechanics

If you need any advice or to clear some things up, look me up in game or pm here on forum, i will do what i can to help :)

Torpedothomas #20 Posted 06 January 2014 - 12:13 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 1852 battles
  • [-ST_] -ST_

Take soviet!

My bots earn the most money when they drive russian tanks.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users