CAP or kill all tanks

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
112 replies to this topic

molan1976 #1 Posted 06 January 2014 - 11:10 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 21417 battles
  • [DSK] DSK

I have heard so many times, that CAP is only suited when you can't win any other way.

Well, in my book, CAP is a viable option for winning at all times, and if I can CAP while not reach the last enemy tanks in time, I'll try to get some CAP point (even if someone cries don't CAP, because I am not getting any point for there killing but I do get CAP points).

So, why or why not is CAPing good or bad way of winning?

Norrin_Radd #2 Posted 06 January 2014 - 11:17 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 34120 battles
1 hit is worth more than 100% cap, so although you should cap if you need to it's better to go for the kills/damage if that's possible. BUT, sorry BUT if there is the slightest chance of losing or it's 1/2 fast tanks capping is better.

KawaGreen #3 Posted 06 January 2014 - 11:19 AM

Lieutenant

• Clan Diplomat
  • 13307 battles
  • [PIZZA] PIZZA

When you are in a lemmingtrain and your team defeats the side your train has chosen. A lot of the tanks will cap, and chances are you did few damage and kills. There is still damage and kills (read: XP and CREDITS) remaining out there, so why end the game already.

WARNING: If your win chances are low, just cap it.

edit: when I'm the last tank alive on my team vs 3 or more enemies, I shout at them to come and kill me. :trollface: It usually ends bad for them.

Edited by KawaGreen, 06 January 2014 - 11:25 AM.

RyuSkyliner34 #4 Posted 06 January 2014 - 11:22 AM

Sergeant

• Clan Diplomat
  • 29872 battles

You are wrong. You actually get xp for letting your teammates to kill last enemy tanks. Its called team damage. Cap wont give you any benefit, unless you are loosing and want to win the game. However there is no point of capping if you are winning. 

Small example: Your team is going lemmings train and cap base in first minutes: you get like 50 xp for winning. Next: your team kills all enemy tanks and you do 0 dmg: you get like 400 xp (depending on tier). Thats why cap is bad - much less xp.

Edited by Vitkov, 06 January 2014 - 11:25 AM.

Naut #5 Posted 06 January 2014 - 11:22 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 27240 battles

There are two public opinions about this topic, both are true:

1. Capping is valid for winning a match you would otherwise lose.

2. Capping is always valid since the xp per time is probably the same or higher if you win the match sooner and thus are able to press next battle.

For bonuses capping is not that great though.

ParEx #6 Posted 06 January 2014 - 11:23 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 18013 battles

If I can cap, I cap.

Seen too many games going down the drain because someone said "KILL THEM ALL!!!1111" and the last enemy tanks capped before we could reach them or they killed the rest of us because the lemmings went to them one by one.

Seems selfish, but it saves the win.

ypr765prco #7 Posted 06 January 2014 - 11:23 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 42536 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

Capping counts towards your eff rating.

AlwaysBanned #8 Posted 06 January 2014 - 11:24 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 38120 battles
  • [WKD] WKD
CAP at all costs OP, dont listen to the haters on here, they are just well jel of the cap points and awesome play for fun invader medals

BrusilovX #9 Posted 06 January 2014 - 11:29 AM

Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 19322 battles
  • [TWC] TWC

The thing with capping is that it's only those on the cap that get a decent bonus to XP and credits - although clearly if the team wins then everyone gets the win bonus.

Quite often in battles it's the tanks that have hidden at the back and not contirbuted to the team that go for the cap and won't move off.

A lot depends on what tanks are still in the game for the 'kill all' bit.  If our team is only slow or slowish vehicles (Churchill VIIs for instance) there is no point chasing down a fast light.

If I'm the only one on the cap I will stay there unless we're about to win and our team is still searching for the last enemy (and clearly have thenumbers to do so).  However, if someone else is on the cap and they are one of those players whom have stayed at the back and not helped the team then I won't move off (unless they do also).

Also I will not usually try and cap while there are several SPGs on the enemy team and a light to spot for them.

Norrin_Radd #10 Posted 06 January 2014 - 11:29 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 34120 battles

View PostVitkov, on 06 January 2014 - 11:22 AM, said:

You are wrong. You actually get xp for letting your teammates to kill last enemy tanks. Its called team damage. Cap wont give you any benefit, unless you are loosing and want to win the game. However there is no point of capping if you are winning. 

You do get something for capping and although you get a percentage for team damage done the person who caps will probably be better off than if he sat and let others get a kill or 2. People like you have lost me countless games, because they have no concept on what is a win and what is dodgy, I have 2 Kolobanov's and 1 of them would have been a lose if the enemy had capped instead of trying to hunt me down. Remember a win gives you 50% more XP and credits so winning by cap is better than hunting and losing which happens far too often.

RyuSkyliner34 #11 Posted 06 January 2014 - 11:36 AM

Sergeant

• Clan Diplomat
  • 29872 battles

Norrin_Radd: Of course you must be experienced player to decide whenever is cap necesarry and when you can just hunt down last tanks.

Im just saying that I really hate games where I have 5 kills and Im really close to last enemy. My teammates just cap and dont care if I want the top gun medal or any other. This is just annoying thing about capping.  

Vestrick64 #12 Posted 06 January 2014 - 11:45 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 11481 battles

View PostVitkov, on 06 January 2014 - 11:22 AM, said:

Small example: Your team is going lemmings train and cap base in first minutes: you get like 50 xp for winning. Next: your team kills all enemy tanks and you do 0 dmg: you get like 400 xp (depending on tier). Thats why cap is bad - much less xp.

In the several minutes required to search for a bob hiding in the corner of a map, you can play another game and get more XP than you would waiting for that bob to be killed.

Usertmp #13 Posted 06 January 2014 - 11:50 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Translator
  • 24122 battles
  • [S3AL] S3AL

Sun Tzu once said:

If capping is sure to result in victory, then you must cap, even though the team forbid it; if capping will not result in victory, then you must not cap even at the team's bidding.

No wait, he didn't say that. But he did say something like it!

DingIsHere #14 Posted 06 January 2014 - 11:52 AM

Colonel

• Clan Commander
  • 15970 battles
  • [4Q2] 4Q2

anyone tells me "no cap" I just inform them that they now have a nice little timer on their screen.

and btw.. those who reckon killing all gives you another 400 xp for no damage.. lol...

a win is a win is a win

win faster and go earn more xp in another battle...

it is NOT your right to tell me to stop cap so YOU can chase that last tank down....

Bazz62 #15 Posted 06 January 2014 - 11:54 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 18818 battles

Twice this morning could have and should have capped winning 12 to 9, 3 on cap decide to take on 2 purple platoon tankies only 1 outcome lose,. 2nd three on cap shout goes out kill all, our cap goes off they try and race back? lose.

Fine balance of when to and not.

zerosumgame #16 Posted 06 January 2014 - 12:09 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 47198 battles
  • [-PJ-] -PJ-
Problem with capping is that when you go to cap circle you are telling enemy where you are. And if you stop and continue capping you are letting enemy choose the battle ground, because most of the cap zones are open areas without cover. This is bad especially if you are driving a tank with a bad view range, because when you stop and try to cap you are not contributing to the battle any more and are just basically waiting for enemy to come and destroy you. If you are a good player, stopping in a cap zone may be a good tactic, but since most players don't even know where the remaining enemies are when they reach the enemy cap they shouldn't stop there. If you want to cap you need to be able to use your minimap, or else it is just a gamble, and I bet many players have those experiences when they have been killed while trying to cap. At least I have killed thousands of tanks who have tried to cap, and I can't be the only one doing this.

Private_Miros #17 Posted 06 January 2014 - 12:11 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 25238 battles
  • [EMU87] EMU87

Any good player will say: cap only when strictly necessary.

Anyone else should say: cap mostly, since we can't tell when it is necessary and when not. Instead they just say: cap.

As for capping because then you can grind faster with more xp/minute. Seriously, get a real job. If you can't play for fun, and if you can't relax for 2 minutes, why are you playing computer games?

Furthermore, it doesn't hurt to be friendly to your team mates. Yesterday I gave a red player his first Radley-Walters, because (apart from initial blatant kill-stealing), he did spot base when needed without suicide yolo'ing in. Same goes to thank you team when they give you a win.

When you lose it's always: "stupid team, stupid players, whine, whine, whine". Despite that those teams allow you to get epic damage/credits/medals.

When you finally get a good team that wins the battle for you, it is "let's screw them over, totally, and steal all their damage/credits/fun". Or is sitting in a painted white circle really that much fun in tomato land? Or just convenient because it allow for more time to lick windows?

xxNihilanxx #18 Posted 06 January 2014 - 12:13 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 7865 battles

View Postmolan1976, on 06 January 2014 - 10:10 AM, said:

I have heard so many times, that CAP is only suited when you can't win any other way.

Well, in my book, CAP is a viable option for winning at all times, and if I can CAP while not reach the last enemy tanks in time, I'll try to get some CAP point (even if someone cries don't CAP, because I am not getting any point for there killing but I do get CAP points).

So, why or why not is CAPing good or bad way of winning?

Well then, it would seem that "your book" is a little light on actual facts. As has been pointed out to you you do get more points if other people kill the remaining tanks than if you cap. Your premise is based on inaccurate information and as such is inevitably flawed. Capping can occasionally be useful to secure a victory but these times form the exception and not the rule. In most cases any attempt to cap will seriously hinder your own team and in many cases it leave your remaining tanks desperately outnumbered by the enemy team who are still fighting. So many times I see a defeat snatched from the jaws of victory when 3 (and, unbelievably, sometimes more than this - more people not understanding how to play the game they actually have in their hands and not realising that it doesn't cap quicker if there are more than 3) people in the team go and sit in the cap circle making daisy chains leaving their remaining three team mates to get picked off by five enemy (for example).

Yes it is true that on occasion capping is the answer but the sad truth is that by FAR the majority of people in this game cannot accurately identify those occasions and so, given that those times are actually very rare, if you want "your book" to say anything it should, if you want it to be as accurate as possible as often as possible, say "capping is for muppets who still don't truly understand the game they are playing".

St4n #19 Posted 06 January 2014 - 12:17 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 19511 battles
  • [WU36] WU36

View PostSt4n, on 30 December 2013 - 10:59 AM, said:

Lol, I allways laugh hard about "more exp for the team". Those people usually cry because THEY didn't get more exp. THEY didn't get the last kill or THEY didn't get additional exp because the last enemy wasn't killed in time.

They care as much about exp of other team members as cappers do. They only use this argument as excuse for THEIR individual gain and they are as selfish as cappers, because they want that the capper gives up on it's exp so THEY can gain more. That other players gain more too is only a side benefit and these players complaining wouldn't give a F*** if it wouldn't affect their gain.

Medals are earned, not served. You deserve a "Top Gun" if you kill 6 enemies, if you end the game with 5 kills you deserve nothing. It's not up to other players to deliver it to you.

Edited by St4n, 06 January 2014 - 12:18 PM.

Naut #20 Posted 06 January 2014 - 12:21 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 27240 battles

View PostPrivate_Miros, on 06 January 2014 - 11:11 AM, said:

Any good player will say: cap only when strictly necessary.

Anyone else should say: cap mostly, since we can't tell when it is necessary and when not. Instead they just say: cap.

As for capping because then you can grind faster with more xp/minute. Seriously, get a real job. If you can't play for fun, and if you can't relax for 2 minutes, why are you playing computer games?

Thats my opinion too. I play tanks to shoot tanks. Maybe it is more efficient to cap xp/hour wise, but i hate it when in the middle of a brawl the game is suddenly over due to cap, even if  we won.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users