CAP or kill all tanks

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
112 replies to this topic

AngryBanana #21 Posted 06 January 2014 - 12:26 PM

Major

• Player
  • 15731 battles

View PostPrivate_Miros, on 06 January 2014 - 12:11 PM, said:

Any good player will say: cap only when strictly necessary.

Anyone else should say: cap mostly, since we can't tell when it is necessary and when not. Instead they just say: cap.

This is so true, its always tomatoes that cap when not needed and fail to cap when it is needed:teethhappy:

Abagnatius #22 Posted 06 January 2014 - 12:49 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 6920 battles

Only victory counts.

That's all I am going to say here :-)

beermonsta #23 Posted 06 January 2014 - 01:13 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Clan Diplomat
  • 93 battles

View PostGridian, on 06 January 2014 - 11:49 AM, said:

Only victory counts.

That's all I am going to say here :-)

thats true. you want to kill all well youve a nice little timer to look at 

TheWarHog #24 Posted 06 January 2014 - 01:54 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 9568 battles
  • [BEXF] BEXF

View PostParEx, on 06 January 2014 - 10:23 AM, said:

If I can cap, I cap.

Seen too many games going down the drain because someone said "KILL THEM ALL!!!1111" and the last enemy tanks capped before we could reach them or they killed the rest of us because the lemmings went to them one by one.

Seems selfish, but it saves the win.

This:

Capping is a part of the game, so deal with it.

Mr_Sukebe #25 Posted 06 January 2014 - 02:21 PM

Major

• Player
  • 33010 battles

View PostNaut, on 06 January 2014 - 11:22 AM, said:

There are two public opinions about this topic, both are true:

1. Capping is valid for winning a match you would otherwise lose.

2. Capping is always valid since the xp per time is probably the same or higher if you win the match sooner and thus are able to press next battle.

For bonuses capping is not that great though.

+1, spot on.

3kilos #26 Posted 06 January 2014 - 03:31 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 7583 battles

View Postypr765prco, on 06 January 2014 - 12:23 PM, said:

Capping counts towards your eff rating.

LOL who uses eff anyway ... eff is obsolete and not used by any serious clans/players to evaluate performance ... newsflash WN7/8 simply ignores cap points in their ratings ... imo they should just remove eff. alltogheter from XVM, noobmeter etc ... WN7/8 are not perfect but eff is just a crapmetric for perfomance

Edited by 3kilos, 06 January 2014 - 03:33 PM.

3kilos #27 Posted 06 January 2014 - 03:38 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 7583 battles

View PostDingIsHere, on 06 January 2014 - 12:52 PM, said:

anyone tells me "no cap" I just inform them that they now have a nice little timer on their screen.

and btw.. those who reckon killing all gives you another 400 xp for no damage.. lol...

a win is a win is a win

win faster and go earn more xp in another battle...

it is NOT your right to tell me to stop cap so YOU can chase that last tank down....

what kind of fun can u find in a game where u just race for cap game after game just in order to grind XP/hour faster ... i just fail to see the fun in that ... fun is fighting with other tanks and using your skill to outplay the enemy not just to blindly rush for cap ... hope u win fast so you can repeat this again and again ... and again ?

i can see when cap is needed and actually in those situation you should definitely cap(even is its only to distract the enemy) ... but if your lemming train is successful in reaching the cap while another 3-4-5 enemy teaks are left alive and you are confident of victory why cap ???

Edited by 3kilos, 06 January 2014 - 03:42 PM.

xxNihilanxx #28 Posted 06 January 2014 - 03:42 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 7876 battles

View PostxxNihilanxx, on 06 January 2014 - 11:13 AM, said:

Well then, it would seem that "your book" is a little light on actual facts. As has been pointed out to you you do get more points if other people kill the remaining tanks than if you cap. Your premise is based on inaccurate information and as such is inevitably flawed. Capping can occasionally be useful to secure a victory but these times form the exception and not the rule. In most cases any attempt to cap will seriously hinder your own team and in many cases it leave your remaining tanks desperately outnumbered by the enemy team who are still fighting. So many times I see a defeat snatched from the jaws of victory when 3 (and, unbelievably, sometimes more than this - more people not understanding how to play the game they actually have in their hands and not realising that it doesn't cap quicker if there are more than 3) people in the team go and sit in the cap circle making daisy chains leaving their remaining three team mates to get picked off by five enemy (for example).

Yes it is true that on occasion capping is the answer but the sad truth is that by FAR the majority of people in this game cannot accurately identify those occasions and so, given that those times are actually very rare, if you want "your book" to say anything it should, if you want it to be as accurate as possible as often as possible, say "capping is for muppets who still don't truly understand the game they are playing".

Actually, what am I saying? Scratch that.

CAP. For the love of god CAP. CAP like your life depends on it. As soon as the timer hits zero point your nose at that circle and drive like the very legions of hell are snapping at your exhausts. Without you sitting in the cap circle the universe may very well blink out of existence at any moment. For all of our continued survival it is imperative that you cap as soon, as often and with as many tanks as you can. In the name of all that is good and great CAP FFS!!!!!!!!!

Well, come on, let's face it there is every chance that when the people that just don't quite get it are in my team that is exactly what you are going to do anyway and history has taught me that no amount of logic or reasoned argument will ever change your minds. That said, there is an equal chance that you will be on the enemy team and so, for that reason, I am going to play to your confirmation bias and tell you exactly what you want to hear and get you to encourage your team mates to join you because I DO understand EXACTLY how much of an advantage you will be giving me by doing so.

Cap all you like people, you account for over half of all the easy wins I enjoy. At least when you are on my team I can play round you. So yea, go ahead, cap. Please.

Edited by xxNihilanxx, 06 January 2014 - 04:29 PM.

BrokenWing #29 Posted 06 January 2014 - 03:46 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 25785 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

If I battle my way to the enemy cap, I generally start capping. By the time I get there I'll already have made a decision whether I need to return to reset our cap or push on. 

Once I'm in cap I rarely leave, unless I'm in a reasonably mobile tank or the remaining enemy is close and I'm confident of a win. Much better methinks to make the enemy come to you and / or feel the pressure of the rising cap count.

Of course I won't just sit there like a big fat juicy target if things start to crumble. Watched a Lowe sit on cap in Malinovka today and not budge an inch despite being hit 4 times by the same enemy IS3. Duh!

Capping isn't the be-all-and-end-all but I'd venture to guess that in most cases by the time you've reached the enemy cap the outcome of the battle is predictable. You're either ahead on points and it's up to you whether you can be bothered to chase the extra damage or you're not exactly ahead on points and capping is going to seriously put a dent in the enemy's happiness. If you're losing but the enemy is far away capping is the ultimate "Har har!"

And of course anyone who tries to rush cap is just setting themselves up for a fall. It fails in about 80% of cases. Don't ever cap when the enemy is at or near full strength, no matter what time of the battle it is.

Edited by BrokenWing, 06 January 2014 - 03:51 PM.

molan1976 #30 Posted 06 January 2014 - 03:52 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 22963 battles
  • [6PDD] 6PDD

There are 2 situations:

1. Many tanks on both sides, then I do not CAP because the game is not over and I will gain more, from keep doing damage.

2. One or two tanks are left on the enemy team, they are chased by my team mates, but I do not get any XP from them killing enemy, why not get CAP points then?

That is my question, in this case, is CAP not my best option?

Edited by molan1976, 06 January 2014 - 03:56 PM.

wolfmenseyes #31 Posted 06 January 2014 - 03:55 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 1705 battles
I seem to always cap when morons drive off to our base to reset the cap, most of them die like flies while we continue capping snickering at them.

Pz_IV_H #32 Posted 06 January 2014 - 03:56 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 20219 battles
Too many bad players lately and quite a lot of games lost due to 4-5 tanks deciding to go hunt the enemy`s last 2 made me reconsider my attitude. Cap at all times,if the rest can kill the enemy tanks by the end of the timer, fine, if not, too bad. 

TinyViking #33 Posted 06 January 2014 - 04:40 PM

Major

• Player
  • 7746 battles

I've said it before and I'll say it again:

A win is a win regardless of how it's done.

Personally I'd rather cap than go on a wild goose chase after one or two tanks that could potentially end up turning your tank into a piece of scrap metal and (possibly) turn the tide of battle!

DeathByDribbling #34 Posted 06 January 2014 - 04:43 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 28806 battles

View PostBrusilovX, on 06 January 2014 - 11:29 AM, said:

The thing with capping is that it's only those on the cap that get a decent bonus to XP and credits - although clearly if the team wins then everyone gets the win bonus.

The biggest bonus is the one for winning, if you don't cap and then fail to win you don't get it.

cellaman7 #35 Posted 06 January 2014 - 04:46 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 34754 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

I tend to base it on number of enemies remaining, type of tanks remaining, Are the tanks remaining on '0' kills or 4 kills (i.e good players). Where were they last spotted, am I at full health, Is anyone capping with me, time remaining etc, etc???

So many factors to take into account on whether capping is necessary or you can afford to hunt down the last enemy/s. I don't really care about the XP difference. A win is a win is a win.

3kilos #36 Posted 06 January 2014 - 04:46 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 7583 battles

View PostiScending, on 06 January 2014 - 05:40 PM, said:

I've said it before and I'll say it again:

A win is a win regardless of how it's done.

Personally I'd rather cap than go on a wild goose chase after one or two tanks that could potentially end up turning your tank into a piece of scrap metal and (possibly) turn the tide of battle!

I disagree, if the remaining tanks pose no danger to the outcome of the battle then why not kill them ? give me 1 good reason please  

Edited by 3kilos, 06 January 2014 - 04:52 PM.

SpeedDragon1991 #37 Posted 06 January 2014 - 04:48 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 5734 battles
What bugs me the most personally is when multiple people start capping and they don't need to. Say if there's one or two people left on the enemy team and at least five left on the allied team, then the best option in my experience is for one tank to sit on the cap circle and let it gradually increase which gives a situation where - either you kill all within 100 seconds or the cappers win it for you. It gives everyone a chance then - the capper for his defender if all else fails, and the attackers the chance to kill whatevers left. If the attackers fail, then at least someone is still on the cap circle (which should be relatively high at this point). There should only be more than one player on cap if  there's a high risk of the enemy team shooting into the cap circle and 'resetting it.'

Edited by SpeedDragon1991, 06 January 2014 - 04:51 PM.

DingIsHere #38 Posted 06 January 2014 - 05:04 PM

Colonel

• Clan Commander
  • 15975 battles
  • [4Q2] 4Q2

View Post3kilos, on 06 January 2014 - 02:38 PM, said:

what kind of fun can u find in a game where u just race for cap game after game just in order to grind XP/hour faster ... i just fail to see the fun in that ... fun is fighting with other tanks and using your skill to outplay the enemy not just to blindly rush for cap ... hope u win fast so you can repeat this again and again ... and again ?

i can see when cap is needed and actually in those situation you should definitely cap(even is its only to distract the enemy) ... but if your lemming train is successful in reaching the cap while another 3-4-5 enemy teaks are left alive and you are confident of victory why cap ???

So.................... Where did I say that???

I said.. if I was in cap... I never said I "raced for cap"...

If I'm already in cap, I'm not racing round the map for that 100mph scout whilst Im in my 30mph heavy tank....

and as before.. "he" has no "right" to tell me to stop capping so "he" can get more points, while I "lose" up to 100 capping points.

...him killing the last tank is unlikely to net me as much as capping.. so why should I?? Especially since they fail so often..

Miros...

I come on tanks to play tanks, not wait for 5 minutes while some noob head-on suicides against the last big TD... where's my fun in that??

3kilos #39 Posted 06 January 2014 - 05:11 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 7583 battles

View PostDingIsHere, on 06 January 2014 - 06:04 PM, said:

So.................... Where did I say that???

I said.. if I was in cap... I never said I "raced for cap"...

If I'm already in cap, I'm not racing round the map for that 100mph scout whilst Im in my 30mph heavy tank....

and as before.. "he" has no "right" to tell me to stop capping so "he" can get more points, while I "lose" up to 100 capping points.

...him killing the last tank is unlikely to net me as much as capping.. so why should I?? Especially since they fail so often..

Miros...

I come on tanks to play tanks, not wait for 5 minutes while some noob head-on suicides against the last big TD... where's my fun in that??

i was not talking about chasing the last remaining scout all over the map ... i though that much would have been obvious ... its clearly not, at least not to you

Edited by 3kilos, 06 January 2014 - 05:12 PM.

KptStrzyga #40 Posted 06 January 2014 - 05:23 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 33333 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

Capping is like dating a stripper: everyone will tell you you how wrong it is...

... yet everyone wants to do it. :teethhappy:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users