Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 7583 battles
why is it wrong to date a stripper ? :P

AmazingBeaver #42 Posted 06 January 2014 - 05:33 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 13976 battles
Not a first time when I'm 1vs5 and enemy team leaves cap to hunt me down just to end up being hunted down 1 by 1 by me. I never underestimate a player with average or good ratings, thus I always cap if it means winning the match. I get called a noob or what-so-ever doing that, but I can take it, I'm not their hero... I'm silent guardian of tomatoes. A watchful protector of siemas. A Green Knight.

Edited by GnrGuderian, 06 January 2014 - 05:33 PM.

Norrin_Radd #43 Posted 06 January 2014 - 05:33 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 34120 battles

View Post3kilos, on 06 January 2014 - 05:28 PM, said:

why is it wrong to date a stripper ? :P

depends on what kind of stripper, wouldn't date a paint stripper myself

DingIsHere #44 Posted 06 January 2014 - 05:45 PM

Colonel

• Clan Commander
  • 15975 battles
  • [4Q2] 4Q2

View Post3kilos, on 06 January 2014 - 04:11 PM, said:

i was not talking about chasing the last remaining scout all over the map ... i though that much would have been obvious ... its clearly not, at least not to you

Its also clear that it is not obvious to you, that I didn't write anything like what you are quoting/infering me as saying..

View Post3kilos, on 06 January 2014 - 02:38 PM, said:

what kind of fun can u find in a game where u just race for cap game after game just in order to grind XP/hour faster ... i just fail to see the fun in that ... fun is fighting with other tanks and using your skill to outplay the enemy not just to blindly rush for cap ... hope u win fast so you can repeat this again and again ... and again ?

i can see when cap is needed and actually in those situation you should definitely cap(even is its only to distract the enemy) ... but if your lemming train is successful in reaching the cap while another 3-4-5 enemy teaks are left alive and you are confident of victory why cap ???

Oh yes.. and seeing how so many times the idiots fail to kill the last few tanks, I never have confidence in anyone who is not in my platoon.

3kilos #45 Posted 06 January 2014 - 06:03 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 7583 battles

View PostGnrGuderian, on 06 January 2014 - 06:33 PM, said:

Not a first time when I'm 1vs5 and enemy team leaves cap to hunt me down just to end up being hunted down 1 by 1 by me. I never underestimate a player with average or good ratings, thus I always cap if it means winning the match. I get called a noob or what-so-ever doing that, but I can take it, I'm not their hero... I'm silent guardian of tomatoes. A watchful protector of siemas. A Green Knight.

u say that yet u have no kolobanov to prove that ... so i guess in the end they where successful in killing u ;)

3kilos #46 Posted 06 January 2014 - 06:05 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 7583 battles

View PostDingIsHere, on 06 January 2014 - 06:45 PM, said:

Its also clear that it is not obvious to you, that I didn't write anything like what you are quoting/infering me as saying..

Oh yes.. and seeing how so many times the idiots fail to kill the last few tanks, I never have confidence in anyone who is not in my platoon.

well maybe if u would bother more with killing rathar than capping there would not be any problems with killing those last few tanks ... just saying

Edited by 3kilos, 06 January 2014 - 06:07 PM.

beermonsta #47 Posted 06 January 2014 - 06:13 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Clan Diplomat
  • 93 battles

View Post3kilos, on 06 January 2014 - 05:05 PM, said:

well maybe if u would bother more with killing rathar than capping there would not be any problems with killing those last few tanks ... just saying

its not up to you to tell people how to play. its there own choice (freedom of choice)

3kilos #48 Posted 06 January 2014 - 06:16 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 7583 battles

View Postbeermonsta, on 06 January 2014 - 07:13 PM, said:

its not up to you to tell people how to play. its there own choice (freedom of choice)

i am not telling anyone what to do ... just stating some opinion to give some perspective on this topic ... people also have to know that there is an alternative to brainless capping, use you brain and judge the situation, in some cases capping is the only way to win and a legitimate win tactic, but totally unneeded and a waste of credits/XP when the victory is overwhelming.

Edited by 3kilos, 06 January 2014 - 06:17 PM.

wongman66 #49 Posted 06 January 2014 - 06:25 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 12320 battles

Like many aspects of this game it is very situational.

If I make it relatively unopposed to the cap area  I tend to skirt the cap not to give away that I am attempting to flank any remaining enemies or be a counter to any de-capppers if I have teammates who actually cap. All I ask is make a poisitve decision cap or not.

Had to rage in a match last week. Our lemming train got 3/4 quarters of the way to red cap and had numbers of 6v2 over the defenders then decided to stop. The reds lemming train rolled over to our base and I managed to get 2 before getting taken out, Silly me, thought I have bought my team to cap faster or at least someone might come and help. No they stopped where they were. No amount of spamming map or chat could get them to move one way or the other.. The score was 12-8 in our favour but we lost to a cap.

GTRaPToR #50 Posted 06 January 2014 - 06:31 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 22944 battles
I love those matches which are 100% won. Basically your whole team is alive and potatoes will cap end it while opponent has 3 full HP Maus' still alive. I just love dem potatoes.

3kilos #51 Posted 06 January 2014 - 06:35 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 7583 battles

View PostEscapeArtist, on 06 January 2014 - 07:31 PM, said:

I love those matches which are 100% won. Basically your whole team is alive and potatoes will cap end it while opponent has 3 full HP Maus' still alive. I just love dem potatoes.

try explaining this to all the capping fans roaming on this topic please :) I'm sure they will reply win is a win ... and all that jazz ...

Edited by 3kilos, 06 January 2014 - 06:36 PM.

DingIsHere #52 Posted 06 January 2014 - 06:48 PM

Colonel

• Clan Commander
  • 15975 battles
  • [4Q2] 4Q2

View Post3kilos, on 06 January 2014 - 05:05 PM, said:

Err.. well.. maybe I did plenty of damage? and kills? and have no HP left (or speed) to chase last few? cant be bothered to run miles on the off-chance of kills??

When as one of your bezzi mates says sitting in cap makes them come to you...

View Postbeermonsta, on 06 January 2014 - 05:13 PM, said:

Try reading this ^^^^^

View Post3kilos, on 06 January 2014 - 05:16 PM, said:

i am not telling anyone what to do ... just stating some opinion to give some perspective on this topic ... people also have to know that there is an alternative to brainless capping, use you brain and judge the situation, in some cases capping is the only way to win and a legitimate win tactic, but totally unneeded and a waste of credits/XP when the victory is overwhelming.

You are, you are "stating" that you are right and everyone else is wrong, even to the point of trying to say they said something other than what they actually did.

You are also changing your statements, trying to be insulting in a "clever" way so as to avoid sanctions. (along with your labmates)

You also fail to appreciate that "totally unneeded and a waste of credits/XP when the victory is overwhelming" is contrary to running around for another 5 minutes for a potential couple of hundred XP, when that 5 minutes in another battle would get you 3 or more times that.. (even discounting the "joining" bonus). And that next battle will be just as much fun, if not more, since there is another 15 tanks to kill...

You also fail to consider the low standard of play which you so often rage about, would possibly contribute to a loss, unless you can carry all 14 players, every battle,  every day,

AmazingBeaver #53 Posted 06 January 2014 - 06:55 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 13976 battles
Risking a 100% victory by leaving the cap zone to hunt the last 1-2 players is what tunnel visioned simpletons do. Those kinds of herpazergers should be playing Call of Duty, instead of WoT.

3kilos #54 Posted 06 January 2014 - 06:56 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 7583 battles

View PostGnrGuderian, on 06 January 2014 - 07:55 PM, said:

Risking a 100% victory by leaving the cap zone to hunt the last 1-2 players is what tunnel visioned simpletons do. Those kinds of herpazergers should be playing Call of Duty, instead of WoT.

if its 100% victory how can u risk it LOL ... 

3kilos #55 Posted 06 January 2014 - 06:58 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 7583 battles

View PostDingIsHere, on 06 January 2014 - 07:48 PM, said:

Err.. well.. maybe I did plenty of damage? and kills? and have no HP left (or speed) to chase last few? cant be bothered to run miles on the off-chance of kills??

When as one of your bezzi mates says sitting in cap makes them come to you...

Try reading this ^^^^^

You are, you are "stating" that you are right and everyone else is wrong, even to the point of trying to say they said something other than what they actually did.

You are also changing your statements, trying to be insulting in a "clever" way so as to avoid sanctions. (along with your labmates)

You also fail to appreciate that "totally unneeded and a waste of credits/XP when the victory is overwhelming" is contrary to running around for another 5 minutes for a potential couple of hundred XP, when that 5 minutes in another battle would get you 3 or more times that.. (even discounting the "joining" bonus). And that next battle will be just as much fun, if not more, since there is another 15 tanks to kill...

You also fail to consider the low standard of play which you so often rage about, would possibly contribute to a loss, unless you can carry all 14 players, every battle,  every day,

dude u are talking about some remote cases when when they chase one remaining scout all over the map and in those cases i actually agree with capping ... i am speaking about the vast majority of game where i see unneeded capping and enemies left alive ... in some remote corner of the map where they can be easily surrounded and killed ... do you understand now ?

Edited by 3kilos, 06 January 2014 - 06:59 PM.

DingIsHere #56 Posted 06 January 2014 - 07:23 PM

Colonel

• Clan Commander
  • 15975 battles
  • [4Q2] 4Q2

View Post3kilos, on 06 January 2014 - 05:58 PM, said:

dude u are talking about some remote cases when when they chase one remaining scout all over the map and in those cases i actually agree with capping ... i am speaking about the vast majority of game where i see unneeded capping and enemies left alive ... in some remote corner of the map where they can be easily surrounded and killed ... do you understand now ?

I understand you are talking about you running off into the sunset with all the glory, and telling others they MUST leave cap because you think its best.

I have also seen enough supposed high skill players chasing the kill-tails and getting blasted by a tomato...

..and no.. this is not 1:1000 games... this is often...

I sometimes go chasing the last kills, but for the hell of it.. and I have never, I repeat NEVER asked anyone to leave cap for me.

That, is selfish, you want the glory, but he loses his possible 100xp capping, most of those who have got to cap will have some damage and maybe dont want to risk dying, the kill all whores are often shot up themselves... then the odds are getting more even, not in your favour... therefore losing a win...

On the millionth other thread about this subject, someone did a bunch of average XP/credit calculations on capping vs kill-all.. capping won.. primarily because of more games played, therfore more kills, more damage, more spotting, more everything...  If someone is a "stat whore", then they should want this, more XP and more WR%....

I will repeat this again...

YOU have NO right to demand OTHERS play how YOU say.

You have a nice little timer on your screen,  that's a nice little short term mission for you... shoo...

3kilos #57 Posted 06 January 2014 - 07:42 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 7583 battles

View PostDingIsHere, on 06 January 2014 - 08:23 PM, said:

I understand you are talking about you running off into the sunset with all the glory, and telling others they MUST leave cap because you think its best.

I have also seen enough supposed high skill players chasing the kill-tails and getting blasted by a tomato...

..and no.. this is not 1:1000 games... this is often...

I sometimes go chasing the last kills, but for the hell of it.. and I have never, I repeat NEVER asked anyone to leave cap for me.

That, is selfish, you want the glory, but he loses his possible 100xp capping, most of those who have got to cap will have some damage and maybe dont want to risk dying, the kill all whores are often shot up themselves... then the odds are getting more even, not in your favour... therefore losing a win...

On the millionth other thread about this subject, someone did a bunch of average XP/credit calculations on capping vs kill-all.. capping won.. primarily because of more games played, therfore more kills, more damage, more spotting, more everything...  If someone is a "stat whore", then they should want this, more XP and more WR%....

I will repeat this again...

YOU have NO right to demand OTHERS play how YOU say.

You have a nice little timer on your screen,  that's a nice little short term mission for you... shoo...

Glory ... selfishness ... such big words ... who is preventing the cappers from joining me and kill those last few remaining tanks ? I certainly don't cause when u say don't cap it doens't mean just sit out of the cap and do nothing while i kill all remaining enemy tanks alone, it really doesn't it only means kill all the remaining enemies ... not me, the team, u have some really twisted logic mate and its clear u understand nothing and I am wasting my time with you unfortunately. 

What people like you don't seem to understand is that capping statistically has nothing to do with winning, that's exactly why cap points are totally disregarded in WN7/8 ... there is no correlation between the amount of capping and your win rate ... that's why I see tomatoes capping in unnecessary situation more often than any others ... playing good and increasing your skill will get you better win rate not improving you cap points.

P.S. Yeah and checking your signature I now understand exactly with what kind of person I am trying to have a conversation based on facts and logic ... yeah dude STATS really mean nothing ... happy capping and let me know when your win rate will reach 60% please ;) or maybe win rate also doesn't matter to you also cause you probably just play for fun right ?

Edited by 3kilos, 06 January 2014 - 08:56 PM.

SpeedDragon1991 #58 Posted 06 January 2014 - 08:21 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 5734 battles

View Post3kilos, on 06 January 2014 - 06:42 PM, said:

P.S. Yeah and checking your signature I now understand exactly with what kind of person I am trying to have a conversation based on facts and logic ... yeah dude STATS really mean nothing ... happy capping and let me know when your win rate will reach 60% please ;) or maybe win rate also doesn't matter to you also cause you probably just play for fun right ?

It's absolutely pointless mentioning statistics in these forums because they're treated like they're the God of all things. Stats certainly have their place I'm sure, but they're relied on far too heavily in this game. If you dare deride or go against the norm in this forum and criticise them, then you can quite safely watch the insults (and neg-reps) pour in. I haven't done it in a while mind, I probably should but I can't be bothered going round in even more circles.

Private_Miros #59 Posted 06 January 2014 - 08:48 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 25238 battles
  • [EMU87] EMU87

View PostSpeedDragon1991, on 06 January 2014 - 07:21 PM, said:

It's absolutely pointless mentioning statistics in these forums because they're treated like they're the God of all things. Stats certainly have their place I'm sure, but they're relied on far too heavily in this game. If you dare deride or go against the norm in this forum and criticise them, then you can quite safely watch the insults (and neg-reps) pour in. I haven't done it in a while mind, I probably should but I can't be bothered going round in even more circles.

Never judge people on stats, that's true.

But if your stats are bad, you're bad at the game.

And if you're bad at the game, unless you are bad on purpose, that simply means you have not grasped the most basic aspects of the mechanics and combat. So that means your opinion on those mechanics and combat is heavily based on a lack of or plain wrong understanding and/or a warped perception of anything related to the mechanics or the meta-game of WoT random battles.

Nothing against bad players, but I only respect those that know their limits, and don't seek excuses or deny their relevance.

Edited by Private_Miros, 06 January 2014 - 08:49 PM.

SpeedDragon1991 #60 Posted 06 January 2014 - 08:52 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 5734 battles

View PostPrivate_Miros, on 06 January 2014 - 07:48 PM, said:

Never judge people on stats, that's true.

But if your stats are bad, you're bad at the game.

And if you're bad at the game, unless you are bad on purpose, that simply means you have not grasped the most basic aspects of the mechanics and combat. So that means your opinion on those mechanics and combat is heavily based on a lack of or plain wrong understanding and/or a warped perception of anything related to the mechanics or the meta-game of WoT random battles.

Nothing against bad players, but I only respect those that know their limits, and don't seek excuses or deny their relevance.

I have engaged this discussion with you personally previously. Whether or not you're implying my stats are bad or not is irrelevant. I make no claim as to my ability in this game other than I do think I know what I'm doing (when playing specific favourite vehicles) and what to expect from other players, especially when I'm top tierred, to a lesser degree when I'm mid-tierred, and not at all when I'm bottom tiered (frankly I hate those battles, they're too frustrating to play in the tanks I choose to play and do not take them seriously anymore, which most probably equates to 'bad stats' and your reasoning for 'doing it on purpose').

Edited by SpeedDragon1991, 06 January 2014 - 08:57 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users