Ten mortal sins of WoT

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
88 replies to this topic

Ulltussa #41 Posted 07 January 2014 - 12:04 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 34464 battles

It could have been a very good game but WG:s officals blew it.

The greed took over.

Edited by Ulltussa, 07 January 2014 - 12:08 AM.

3kilos #42 Posted 07 January 2014 - 12:05 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 7583 battles

View PostBadvock71, on 07 January 2014 - 01:02 AM, said:

So unless your aiming circle encompasses the enemy vehicle entirely your shot Can appear to go west ;) accuracy distribution has got to be one of the worst things happening in game right now. I get that Shells are not all the same due to the vagaries of the manufacturing process but some days I fire a shot or two in the air to start just to make sure that something will be accurate....lol

*edited for terminology

well u will probably laugh when i say to you that i developed the habit of always firing the first shell in the air when the battle start just to eliminate some RNG ... don't know why but it always feels the first shell will hit the ground ...

Edited by 3kilos, 07 January 2014 - 12:05 AM.

3kilos #43 Posted 07 January 2014 - 12:07 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 7583 battles

Maps are to small for TX and this is a fact ... if you try to flank and get spotted(which will usually happen) they can fire u from almost all across the map ... so if you don't have any cover nearby you will be dead in seconds ... so much for the flanking mediums ... what you are left with is exactly what Yuri pointed out ... a disgusting camping and peek-a-boo game where good players will wait for the unskilled player to make their usual mistakes ... take them out then proceed to outgun/outnumber the remaining good players left within the enemy team if they had any to begin with ...

Edited by 3kilos, 07 January 2014 - 12:08 AM.

Vestrick64 #44 Posted 07 January 2014 - 12:12 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 11492 battles

Yup, that's exactly how it happens. And what's worse, it happens every game, too :(

I had some exciting games in WoT, but they have mostly been low tier, on fast tanks that went YOLO and suddenly ended up with a top gun. Fun times. But the classic, stagnant "metagame" of WoT can be sometimes boring to tears.

Think Sacred Valley, for the 50th time (my most hated map). People just rush the same positions and wait for something, ANYTHING to appear on the map... because every path is so tight, you can't even rush - no space at all, you have to lemmingtrain one after another...

Badvock71 #45 Posted 07 January 2014 - 12:16 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 15637 battles

I've run out of upvotes on this thread.....lol

Pearl Necklace is the worst maps for me I think that's maybe what you mean Yuri Camp bridge, ignore the open middle everyone go round the edge, I find Valley a bit more open and less chokey than most.

Homer_J #46 Posted 07 January 2014 - 12:22 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 31435 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View Postjinx_uk, on 06 January 2014 - 10:59 PM, said:

The point I was making homer is that instead of one team having 12 tomatoes and the other only 2, perhaps it would be more fair for both teams to each have 7 tomatoes, etc. otherwise it's pretty one-sided don't you think?  If there are 30 players in a match, why should one side be saddled with terrible players and the other hardly any?

So like I said, if you are a tomato, no need to worry because the other team will have a tomato to match you.  Never again will you find you are on the team with one more tomato than the enemy.

It may be fair but is it right

Shouldn't there be some punishment for being a tomato?  i.e. Sometimes being on a team of only tomatoes (against a team of not only tomatoes of course)?  I think so.

Edited by Homer_J, 07 January 2014 - 12:23 AM.

Vestrick64 #47 Posted 07 January 2014 - 12:23 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 11492 battles

Maybe I'm a bit "anti biased" about Sacred Valley, because I've had a lot of stomps there. It's a very "stomp friendly" map, sadly.

But there are maps that just don't fit pubs at all...Abbey.. Pearl river... How many times people simply made a crucial mistake of leaving an entire flank in Abbey empty and lost to cap? I had countless games like that... or Port? WG finally took if off the list, but prior to that, I lost to ninjacap there dozens of times... (and won by ninjacapping dozens of times).

If I had to pick the absolute grand daddy of stomps, it would be Highway.. having a game there that's NOT a stomp is super rare.

3kilos #48 Posted 07 January 2014 - 12:44 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 7583 battles

View PostYuri_Yslin, on 07 January 2014 - 01:12 AM, said:

Yup, that's exactly how it happens. And what's worse, it happens every game, too :(

I had some exciting games in WoT, but they have mostly been low tier, on fast tanks that went YOLO and suddenly ended up with a top gun. Fun times. But the classic, stagnant "metagame" of WoT can be sometimes boring to tears.

Think Sacred Valley, for the 50th time (my most hated map). People just rush the same positions and wait for something, ANYTHING to appear on the map... because every path is so tight, you can't even rush - no space at all, you have to lemmingtrain one after another...

Besides the fact that its simple a horrible map(like most of the new maps) the north spawn has that horrible OP position C4 from where they can spot everything going up the hill for the camping tds and even all the way up the the south spawn cap circle and with the VR in TX its really impossible to win if the north spawn has at least 2-3 competent players ... horrible unbalanced map design from WG ... Highway is another example where 1 side has access to the city faster massacres all the noobs going city and then mops up the rest of the team ...

Edited by 3kilos, 07 January 2014 - 12:45 AM.

Schorremorrie #49 Posted 07 January 2014 - 01:39 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 51419 battles
  • [HO_PO] HO_PO
Sorry to see you leave the game Yuri, i always enjoyed your posts in discussions on the forum.

MadFelineHoarder #50 Posted 07 January 2014 - 02:07 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 1476 battles
Don't leave... Can't we tempt you to stay with some cookies? We need good players (this coming from a tomato). :sad:

Venatacia #51 Posted 07 January 2014 - 02:41 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 35095 battles

Agree with most of what you have said OP.

1. There is no „endgame”

Personally this is why I don't rush to tier X or end content in any online game or offline for that matter. Dislike getting to the end so I take my time and that way after a year I still have no tier X tanks which keeps me going. Not interested in clan wars - to serious sounding to myself.

The rest I can't disagree with you. Find this game frustrating myself and have left three times. Would of left again if Egosoft's X Rebirth hadn't of failed. Having a break is maybe not such a bad thing from a game, when you come back (because this is a good fun game overall) then you feel refreshed. Know how you feel though, good luck.

Ullakkomorko #52 Posted 07 January 2014 - 08:03 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 12918 battles
  • [HKI] HKI

View PostMadFelineHoarder, on 07 January 2014 - 02:07 AM, said:

Don't leave... Can't we tempt you to stay with some cookies? We need good players (this coming from a tomato). :sad:

Don't worry. There's plenty of better players out there. Plus being "good" in a game is relative to all the other players. The OP leaving makes you a better player!

HugsAndKisses #53 Posted 07 January 2014 - 08:22 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 24537 battles

The introduction of autoloaders was a sign that the nature of the game was changing drastically. The subsequent proliferation of them, as well as their popularity, just made it so much more clear.

It seems that WG tried to remedy this by introducing more mega derp guns. Now, conventional tanks are almost obsolete unless you "bring friends".

It's too bad, and I understand OP's frustration.

HFox #54 Posted 07 January 2014 - 08:40 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 14714 battles

Agree with the sentiment of the OP if not the exact detail of each point.

The biggest issue for me is the game structure in terms of how the tanks are made to make the tiered structure work.

Why does everything has to fit into ten tiers?
Why is a tank with the starting set up rated the same as a tank with all mods fully researched?
Why is a tank with a 50% crew rated the same as a 5 skill crew?
There is no adjustment for the age/era of the tank. Is a Tog a 1940 Tier 6 heavy, or a 1936 Tier 8 heavy? Some could say a 1928 Tier 10....
Then we can go into the skill of the player......

To me this rigid structure is the main point of failure of the game.

What could be done with resources that aren't continually looking at balancing the vehicles? This resource need has doubled recently with WoWP and about to go up again another 50% with WoWS.

To me the person in charge of this area of the game should be fired.

Just make the vehicles historically correct but put in place a framework for playing based on the category of tank and its era
with a system to manage the variances of the vehicles such as: gun efficiency (a balance of penetration, rate of fire, alpha);  mobility (speed, turn rate); efficiency of the armour, etc then you would not have to keep tweaking the vehicles.

I could go on but have to take the dog for a walk.

radd666 #55 Posted 07 January 2014 - 10:06 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 19284 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostJ00F, on 06 January 2014 - 08:54 PM, said:

5000 battles on alt account :badumtsss: 

5000 days under your avatar!!! :wub:

Vestrick64 #56 Posted 07 January 2014 - 11:17 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 11492 battles

View PostLa_Daga, on 07 January 2014 - 01:39 AM, said:

Sorry to see you leave the game Yuri, i always enjoyed your posts in discussions on the forum.

I'll hand around the forums a bit :) And I'll play World of Warships, if WG doesn't screw that up, because I always was more into Warships than tanks ;)

_kerber_ #57 Posted 07 January 2014 - 12:23 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 25988 battles

Unbalanced MM killed all fun

To many games, which already lost as soon as battle starts. All I want is competitive challenge, but not frustration like its usually see now

To many brain dead vegetables and completely destroyed balance of tanks and MM

Mike_Hammer #58 Posted 07 January 2014 - 12:50 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 26771 battles

View PostMerdis, on 06 January 2014 - 09:57 PM, said:

EDIT: I read my post and suddenly I realized with full force how long I have been playing this game. It used to be totally different MMO:(  

It used to be way better. With a few exceptions (like nerf to arty when artyparties got out of hand) every patch makes the game worse, and that's no joke.

Game was at its best just prior to nanonerf back in beta, funfactor was triple what it is now, but game was still great after it too.

As I see it T110E5 (including M103 with the same gun) was the start of the powercreep trend that eventually killed armor based gameplay. When it was Maus vs IS-7 vs T30 it was much better then what we have now. The youngest of the three, T30, was never overpowered but always had a role. Then T110E5 came and was OP, and that's how it's been since, new tier X is OP for a while and then nerfed, yet not so much as to prevent powercreep . It wasn't so when it was just those three tier X.

Physics patch killed light tank scouts, because the bumps cut their speed and maneuvering way too much. Yes you can still play them but funfactor was cut in half because you can't do any of the amazing stuff you could before that patch.

Many disagree but imo tier 10 TD's and Meds should never have been introduced, I loved playing my tier 9's when only heavies were tier 10, it was much more fun then playing tier 10 meds now. 

Gold ammo for silver...well, that was the nail in the coffin to armor based gameplay, and a really dumb change from gameplay perspective, but of course a great move for WG's bottom line, ka-ching! Yeah you can still drive Maus/E-100, but it's just nothing like it used to be. Not even T95/E3 are all that tough anymore.

Edited by Mike_Hammer, 07 January 2014 - 12:58 PM.

3Form #59 Posted 07 January 2014 - 12:55 PM

Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 18213 battles

Well you're right that Tier X is no fun. Which is a crying shame because some of the best fun I had in WoT was the three hundred something games I got to play in my Tier 9.5 Patton. There were only three tier 10 tanks in the game, I didn't struggle with 236mm pen either.

Looking back the introduction of tier 10 MTs and TDs, and the subsequent proliferation of new uber t10 tanks was perhaps the biggest mistake that WG made.

I understand there's no way you'll stay now Yuri, but if you want fun you should just play tier 8 and lower. Also you could give light tanks a try. The behaviour of "red barons" when they see a LT often leaves you seething (what sort of imbecile suicides his t10 ht to kill me), but the Chaffee is the only thing that keeps me sane in this game now. Even platooning can't keep the rage at bay anymore. However with the Chaffee I find I can carry so much harder than I ever can in my M48A1! Goodbye for now though :)

Edited by 3Form, 07 January 2014 - 12:56 PM.

Mike_Hammer #60 Posted 07 January 2014 - 12:55 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 26771 battles

View PostHomer_J, on 07 January 2014 - 12:22 AM, said:

Shouldn't there be some punishment for being a tomato?  i.e. Sometimes being on a team of only tomatoes (against a team of not only tomatoes of course)?  I think so.

1. No!

2. We get those all the time, with added ::tinfoil:: RNG rigging to make sure battles end up as one sided as possible. They're TERRIBLE, and should NEVER happen, I hate being on either side of such battles, they're no fun at all.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users