Jump to content


Sometimes I despair


  • This topic is locked This topic is locked
6 replies to this topic

BrokenWing #1 Posted 07 January 2014 - 04:03 PM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 25785 battles
  • 5,014
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    05-16-2011

Sneaked home for a couple of games during lunch hour and wish I hadn't bothered. I'm now in an even more foul mood than I was this morning...

 

Needed 2.5K to finally elite Tiger II. Get a Tier X game and 2 Tier IX games, in the Tier X game I'm 3rd highest XP, in the Tier IX games I'm 2nd highest, we lose all 3. Finally get a win in a Tier VIII where the enemy melt like wax and I get a paltry 1600 XP doubled, where I was getting 750ish XP on a loss for the other matches.

 

With about 11 minutes left before I have to hare back to work I fire up the PzII: been trying to Ace this for ages. It's a great little spotter and I've had 4 and 5 kill games in it but still no Ace. So Province comes up and I forgo the usual strategy of big-rock-peekaboo and make a run for the other side. Kill a couple of the new Mk VIC myself, then heavily damage an M2 Light, a Pz35t, another PzII, a T2 Medium, another Mk VIC, an FT AC, their FT 75 BS arty and their Pz Jag I before succumbing.

 

The 3rd Mk VIC and Pz Jag I, reckon I damaged them 40%, all the rest 70% - 90% before my team mates finished them. Surely this will be the Ace??? I have to leave the game and rush back to work but the score is 11-8 to us and the remaining 4 enemies are badly damaged.

 

I check the WoT Assistant on the way to work: LOSS.

 

WTF??? :angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry:

 

Glad I was stuck in immobile traffic at the time and not either:

 

1. Still sat at my desk at home, where I might have smashed some valuable equipment and / or strangled the cat.

2. Driving, where I might have gunned the engine and swerved at the loony crossing the dual carriageway with a old person's shopping trolley.

 

Is it too much to ask for decent team mates in 1 out of 5 matches?



Sgt_Guffy #2 Posted 07 January 2014 - 04:07 PM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 22880 battles
  • 2,470
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    09-06-2012

Okay, now you've got that off your chest, you feeling better now? :smile:

 

Nice cup of tea for Mr BrokenWing over here please!


Edited by Sgt_Guffy, 07 January 2014 - 04:08 PM.


badgr_ #3 Posted 07 January 2014 - 04:09 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Member
  • 1485 battles
  • 580
  • Member since:
    09-09-2013

View PostBrokenWing, on 07 January 2014 - 04:03 PM, said:

Is it too much to ask for decent team mates in 1 out of 5 matches?

 

Yes. :trollface:

 

Seriously, though. Platoon with me and you'll be wanting to jump into a random game with these people causing you despair... or do anything to be rid of me. :tongue:



Norrin_Radd #4 Posted 07 January 2014 - 04:10 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 34120 battles
  • 1,013
  • Member since:
    12-15-2012
1 from 5 that's good odds somedays

BrokenWing #5 Posted 07 January 2014 - 04:25 PM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 25785 battles
  • 5,014
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    05-16-2011

View PostSgt_Guffy, on 07 January 2014 - 03:07 PM, said:

Okay, now you've got that off your chest, you feeling better now? :smile:

 

Nice cup of tea for Mr BrokenWing over here please!

 

Feeling better now, thanks Sarge!

 

Just seems like I'll never Ace this PzII, my German Ace project has stalled and I REALLY want to get to the Pz 1C, never having played it before.

 

It'll be just my luck that I'll get to it and they'll have nerfed it into the ground just the week before. 



Soft_Kitty_Warm_Kitty #6 Posted 07 January 2014 - 04:27 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 22047 battles
  • 1,000
  • [TEC] TEC
  • Member since:
    10-03-2011

View PostBrokenWing, on 07 January 2014 - 03:03 PM, said:

Sneaked home for a couple of games during lunch hour and wish I hadn't bothered. I'm now in an even more foul mood than I was this morning...

 

Needed 2.5K to finally elite Tiger II. Get a Tier X game and 2 Tier IX games, in the Tier X game I'm 3rd highest XP, in the Tier IX games I'm 2nd highest, we lose all 3. Finally get a win in a Tier VIII where the enemy melt like wax and I get a paltry 1600 XP doubled, where I was getting 750ish XP on a loss for the other matches.

 

With about 11 minutes left before I have to hare back to work I fire up the PzII: been trying to Ace this for ages. It's a great little spotter and I've had 4 and 5 kill games in it but still no Ace. So Province comes up and I forgo the usual strategy of big-rock-peekaboo and make a run for the other side. Kill a couple of the new Mk VIC myself, then heavily damage an M2 Light, a Pz35t, another PzII, a T2 Medium, another Mk VIC, an FT AC, their FT 75 BS arty and their Pz Jag I before succumbing.

 

The 3rd Mk VIC and Pz Jag I, reckon I damaged them 40%, all the rest 70% - 90% before my team mates finished them. Surely this will be the Ace??? I have to leave the game and rush back to work but the score is 11-8 to us and the remaining 4 enemies are badly damaged.

 

I check the WoT Assistant on the way to work: LOSS.

 

WTF??? :angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry:

 

Glad I was stuck in immobile traffic at the time and not either:

 

1. Still sat at my desk at home, where I might have smashed some valuable equipment and / or strangled the cat.

2. Driving, where I might have gunned the engine and swerved at the loony crossing the dual carriageway with a old person's shopping trolley.

 

Is it too much to ask for decent team mates in 1 out of 5 matches?

 

 

And breathe :teethhappy:

 

Yeah, I know the feeling to, I jumped in last night for a quick 4 games before I had to go out, top 3 in all of them and all 4 were losses, someday's I couldn't steal candy off a baby lol :amazed:


Edited by PaganWarrior, 07 January 2014 - 04:28 PM.


BrokenWing #7 Posted 07 January 2014 - 05:05 PM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 25785 battles
  • 5,014
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    05-16-2011

I can't tell what my score was because I logged off before the game ended.

 

But on the plus side I got a Confederate medal (my totals have gone up by 1), so maybe I got the Courageous Resistance bonus?

 

So I might still have my Ace?

 

EDIT: No Ace, checked my profile. Sheesh what's a guy gotta do?


Edited by BrokenWing, 07 January 2014 - 05:17 PM.





1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users