Jump to content


1 Square on the mini map, how many meters


This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
11 replies to this topic

_Unicorn_ #1 Posted 21 April 2011 - 04:42 PM

    Sergeant

  • Beta Tester
  • 32357 battles
  • 305
  • [21ID] 21ID
  • Member since:
    07-27-2010
Hello everyone,

i ask that question, coz i think about buying binoculars for my brand new su-100.
didnt get the information by using search, anyone has the answer?

Regards, Unicorn356
21idclan

PltSgtMac #2 Posted 21 April 2011 - 04:45 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Player
  • 771 battles
  • 28
  • Member since:
    04-12-2011
100*100 meters I think.

Panthera #3 Posted 21 April 2011 - 04:45 PM

    Senior Sergeant

  • Beta Tester
  • 22358 battles
  • 681
  • [XMR] XMR
  • Member since:
    10-23-2010
It depends on the map. Maps are currently between 600x600m (Ensk, Pagorki and probably a few others) and 1000x1000 or a little bit more (in case of Westfield or Karelia). I think you can find this information on every map somewhere on the Wiki or the main site and after that juts divide by 10 and you know the size of a square :)

_Unicorn_ #4 Posted 21 April 2011 - 04:47 PM

    Sergeant

  • Beta Tester
  • 32357 battles
  • 305
  • [21ID] 21ID
  • Member since:
    07-27-2010
muchas gracias, many thanks  :Smile_honoring:

so, binoculars worth buying it?

regards, Unicorn356
21idclan

GroundTrooper #5 Posted 21 April 2011 - 05:28 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Beta Tester
  • 3875 battles
  • 1,307
  • [HB] HB
  • Member since:
    09-11-2010

View PostUnicorn356, on 21 April 2011 - 04:47 PM, said:

muchas gracias, many thanks  :Smile_honoring:

so, binoculars worth buying it?

regards, Unicorn356
21idclan
Depends more on the tank than anything else. Say if u are using a King Tiger with a max view range of 460m the binocs are not utilized fully due to view range limited to 500m.
Now take the same example and apply that to a leopard with a max view range of 400m and you will see that there it pays of quite well.

_Unicorn_ #6 Posted 21 April 2011 - 05:34 PM

    Sergeant

  • Beta Tester
  • 32357 battles
  • 305
  • [21ID] 21ID
  • Member since:
    07-27-2010

View PostGroundTrooper, on 21 April 2011 - 05:28 PM, said:

Depends more on the tank than anything else. Say if u are using a King Tiger with a max view range of 460m the binocs are not utilized fully due to view range limited to 500m.
Now take the same example and apply that to a leopard with a max view range of 400m and you will see that there it pays of quite well.

So, with the view range of 400m (which su-100 has) it is worth to buy (400+25% (100)=500m)?

Regards, Unicorn356
21idclan

GroundTrooper #7 Posted 21 April 2011 - 05:48 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Beta Tester
  • 3875 battles
  • 1,307
  • [HB] HB
  • Member since:
    09-11-2010

View PostUnicorn356, on 21 April 2011 - 05:34 PM, said:

So, with the view range of 400m (which su-100 has) it is worth to buy (400+25% (100)=500m)?

Regards, Unicorn356
21idclan
That would be the correct way to calculate it, so yes definitely worth getting in my humble oppinion. :)

Spek_en_Bonen #8 Posted 21 April 2011 - 05:50 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Beta Tester
  • 17947 battles
  • 3,421
  • Member since:
    07-27-2010
Anything above 500m view range helps with detection inside those 500m.


Spotting/View range explained

_Unicorn_ #9 Posted 21 April 2011 - 05:52 PM

    Sergeant

  • Beta Tester
  • 32357 battles
  • 305
  • [21ID] 21ID
  • Member since:
    07-27-2010
Thanks!  :Smile_honoring:
(i just bought it for stress testing ;))

Best Regards, Unicorn356
21idclan

adilehanceanu #10 Posted 22 April 2011 - 08:40 AM

    Senior Sergeant

  • Player
  • 16684 battles
  • 710
  • [CDP] CDP
  • Member since:
    02-03-2011
But binoculars help only if the vehicle is not moving; it's better to buy coated optics (wich works regardless if the vehicle is moving or not), if you don't plan to sit in a bush and wait for targets.

Foka #11 Posted 22 April 2011 - 09:47 AM

    First Sergeant

  • Beta Tester
  • 24105 battles
  • 1,987
  • [1SBP] 1SBP
  • Member since:
    09-29-2010
Depends on tank and playing style, you can't say deffinitly what's better.
For scout or MT I'd say buy coated optics, but for tanks which prefer stationary fighting - TDs, SPGs - binocs will be better choice.
Remeer that binocs give you +25% spotting range, coated optics only +10%.

_Unicorn_ #12 Posted 22 April 2011 - 10:34 AM

    Sergeant

  • Beta Tester
  • 32357 battles
  • 305
  • [21ID] 21ID
  • Member since:
    07-27-2010

View Postadilehanceanu, on 22 April 2011 - 08:40 AM, said:

But binoculars help only if the vehicle is not moving; it's better to buy coated optics (wich works regardless if the vehicle is moving or not), if you don't plan to sit in a bush and wait for targets.

yes, you are right, with a TDs (here i have in mind to go to object704 in the future and his predecessors, like my shiny little su-100) i'll use the binos for now.

View PostST61, on 22 April 2011 - 09:47 AM, said:

Depends on tank and playing style, you can't say deffinitly what's better.
For scout or MT I'd say buy coated optics, but for tanks which prefer stationary fighting - TDs, SPGs - binocs will be better choice.
Remeer that binocs give you +25% spotting range, coated optics only +10%.
true, thx

regards, Unicorn356
21idclan