Having tried World of Warplanes..

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

Dongfeng_division #1 Posted 15 January 2014 - 07:21 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 44226 battles

..I believe I identified the main issue I have with it. This also applies to WT (which I don't like either).

Players don't fight enemies in WoWP, but their own plane, the terrain and altitude.

That sums up my feeling while playing WoWP. Fighting against enemies is only about pointing the dot in front of their estimated trajectory. Nothing else.

The rest of the game is about struggling to control one's own airplane. It feels like a chore.

Imagine how WoT would be if every tank had almost no gun depression or elevation. You would have to move up and down the slopes, trying to find the proper angle that allows you to point the dot at the enemy. Like playing Chinese tanks, just more extreme. A lot of the players would say **** it, and would press "W", rush forward, and ram the enemy tank.

Which is exactly what happens so frequently in WoWP. Lots of kamikaze attacks because players want to fight other players, not their own planes.

BravelyRanAway #2 Posted 15 January 2014 - 07:46 PM

General

• Beta Tester
  • 22291 battles
  • [H_I_T] H_I_T

View PostDongfeng_division, on 15 January 2014 - 06:21 PM, said:

Imagine how WoT would be if every tank had almost no gun depression or elevation. You would have to move up and down the slopes, trying to find the proper angle that allows you to point the dot at the enemy. Like playing Chinese tanks, just more extreme. A lot of the players would say **** it, and would press "W", rush forward, and ram the enemy tank.

Which is exactly what happens so frequently in WoWP. Lots of kamikaze attacks because players want to fight other players, not their own planes.

Indeed! it's almost like planes don't have turrets.........oh wait!

Most kamikaze attacks are because two planes coming head on don't break off soon enough with each thinking they can destroy the other before they collide.

That, and poor distance judgement.

_Antipathy #3 Posted 15 January 2014 - 08:29 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 651 battles
It'd be better with a joystick :playing:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users