players idiot players rude players

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
14 replies to this topic

iwin2013 #1 Posted 21 January 2014 - 12:19 PM

Private

• Player
  • 7197 battles

Hi to all

just wanted to talk about what has been happening to me over the past few week. 

first of i like to drive premium British tog 11 black prince  ect  the games i have been have when all the players rush on the middle and no at base they get i try to defend base and then they say i am getting reported for unfair play but i did not see that with out me there the game would have been lost. Other times players pushing me out of my spot in the open i get killed and then they say i am getting reported. I find it to understand how these people think always trying ok so some times it is not good enough but i am trying. can some please explain what i should do. happy battling Matt

Eight_Ball #2 Posted 21 January 2014 - 12:47 PM

Captain

• Clan Commander
  • 36758 battles
  • [AVOS] AVOS

Never mind players telling you, that they report you for unfair play, just because you play in another way - That will never have any effect.

If they push you out, you can try to report them for pushing.

But first you should try to find out, if you play your tank in the role, it is supposed to have, and if you contribute to the team effort. That is one of the most important things in this game. But looking to your performance, both on external sites, and WoT sites, it looks like you need to learn, how to play - sorry to be so straight forward, but camping back in your own base in a premium tank, does not earn you any positive remarks!!!

If you look at how much HP you carry into battle, you need also to take more out, than you carry - As well as killing more enemies, when you roll out in a Heavy like the TOG II.

Solstad1069 #3 Posted 21 January 2014 - 01:16 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 39651 battles

Like Eight ball says, if u want a game with your Kv1 and end up in a tier 7 game its ok to sit back and do some sniping.

BUT if you are in a tier 5 game you are the number one heavy tank you should not sit back and snipe while youre teammates die on the fronline.

This behavior makes people angry because YOU must do your part of the job and being a top heavy comes great responsibility.

arnorwarrior #4 Posted 21 January 2014 - 01:27 PM

Captain

• Beta Tester
  • 14869 battles

View Postiwin2013, on 21 January 2014 - 12:19 PM, said:

Hi to all

first of i like to drive premium British tog 11 black prince  ect  the games i have been have when all the players rush on the middle and no at base they get i try to defend base and then they say i am getting reported for unfair play but i did not see that with out me there the game would have been lost. Other times players pushing me out of my spot in the open i get killed and then they say i am getting reported. I find it to understand how these people think always trying ok so some times it is not good enough but i am trying. can some please explain what i should do. happy battling Matt

Imagine you are top tier. You can snipe and support and do reasonable well in that role. However, mediums, lights and TD's cant assume your role of front line tank, making everyone in your team except you useless. When in a top tier heavy tank, you do not camp. You are supposed to be on the front line. When middle tier, you stay slightly behind the top tier heavies. If you happen to be bottom tier, go ahead and snipe all you want, you don't have the armour/hit points to be on the front line.

Jigabachi #5 Posted 21 January 2014 - 01:47 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 17852 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

You are definitely doing some things VERY wrong.

Could it be that you are basecamping with your heavy tanks? That is ALWAYS a bad idea...

Solution:

Go back to tier V and learn the basics of the game.

Read the wiki: http://wiki.worldoftanks.com/Main_Page

http://wiki.worldoft...attle_Mechanics

http://worldoftanks....ewcomers-guide/

Go to youtube and watch some videos.

But the most important hint is: Learn to COMMUNICATE! I bet you don't even communicate when your team pings you for 5 minutes or pushes you...

Edited by Jigabachi, 21 January 2014 - 01:50 PM.

Private_Miros #6 Posted 21 January 2014 - 01:50 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 25238 battles
  • [EMU87] EMU87

View Postiwin2013, on 21 January 2014 - 11:19 AM, said:

Hi to all

1. Ignore them as long as they are insult.

2. Don't ignore that it does point out you are doing something wrong.

Your intentions might be good, but in practice all you do is unwittingly trying to help the enemy.

By camping and hiding you only give the enemy a huge advantage and you screw over your teams, which is why they report you.

This does not mean you should simply drive out and get shot, but it does mean you should start going somewhere where you actually help your team instead of the enemy.

eoin666 #7 Posted 21 January 2014 - 02:14 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 34676 battles

So many games at the moment across all tiers heavy tanks sitting camping, 2 games earlier for example, on one all the top tier heavy tanks IS, IS2 etc camped in the base, now a Tiger being a good sniper not such a problem but heavy Russian tanks ffs, no kills for any heavy tank on our team, the next game same thing all camp no kills but luckily our TDs and Mediums were able to take the game to the opposition and win.

Never played the TOG, but in your own tier play like a KV4 absorb dmg and deal dmg to get your credits, you'll get f**k all for sitting in the base

iwin2013 #8 Posted 21 January 2014 - 05:08 PM

Private

• Player
  • 7197 battles

Hi

thanks for your i know i am not very good but still learing have watched a lot of you tube vids and i just don't seem to get it. i look at the map and read comments but it seems to me what i have seen so far there is very little team work i may be wrong but that the its seems a lot of the time. i find i do better some maps then others i do well in mines but in Arctic region i am the first to fail i know this just dose not seems alot i can do about it to be a tog 11 in arctic region seems to be a very bad place indeed. any help would be great just saying i don't think people to to f off and they are going to report is the way we should be doing things. cheers Matt

Jigabachi #9 Posted 21 January 2014 - 05:29 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 17852 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

Upload a replay, that would be the easiest way to help and spot mistakes.

http://wotreplays.com/

Tosei #10 Posted 21 January 2014 - 05:31 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 16121 battles
  • [B4NG] B4NG

Well, Matt, I don't think you need to worry about the reports. Even if your gameplay would be considered "bad", you can never be blamed for that.

And being good at some map and bad at others, this is very common, for me as well. I definitely prefer some maps over others, and it also depends on the type of tank combined with certain maps.

I Get the feeling though that you may be too cautious. Perhaps try to play a little more aggressive and daring and you will for sure die a few times but you may also learn how to play certain maps better when figuring out where to go and where not to go. I get upset with myself sometimes when dying too soon because I did something dumb, but at least I dared to d the dumb thing and I think action is always better than inaction.

Good luck!

Tosei

iwin2013 #11 Posted 21 January 2014 - 05:50 PM

Private

• Player
  • 7197 battles

thanks i will do that how do i record the plays.

Jigabachi #12 Posted 21 January 2014 - 06:02 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 17852 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
There is a checkbox in the options. You just have to enable them and after a match you will find them somewhere in your WoT folder.

iwin2013 #13 Posted 21 January 2014 - 06:04 PM

Private

• Player
  • 7197 battles
ok i will upload some on here

Solstad1069 #14 Posted 21 January 2014 - 06:24 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 39651 battles

View Postiwin2013, on 21 January 2014 - 05:08 PM, said:

Hi

thanks for your i know i am not very good but still learing have watched a lot of you tube vids and i just don't seem to get it. i look at the map and read comments but it seems to me what i have seen so far there is very little team work i may be wrong but that the its seems a lot of the time. i find i do better some maps then others i do well in mines but in Arctic region i am the first to fail i know this just dose not seems alot i can do about it to be a tog 11 in arctic region seems to be a very bad place indeed. any help would be great just saying i don't think people to to f off and they are going to report is the way we should be doing things. cheers Matt

Just a couple of other things Matt. The TOG is a great tank, but VERY hard to master and its so easy to just get tracked and waste those hitpoints.

I would play the KV1 a lot, all the way so your commander gets the sixth sense, which makes it so much easier to play with KV1s later when you move the crew over.

If you are top tier heavy with your KV1 try and follow your friendly top tank and support him, but dont block his retreat. This will make you slowly better and you discover new areas on maps you can go. Good luck!

iwin2013 #15 Posted 21 January 2014 - 06:28 PM

Private

• Player
  • 7197 battles
thanks will do i have had some bad plays with tds i know what i should be doing hide and attack fast and get out yes but never got the hang of it yet . will give it a go and let you know how i get on. but for the way people go on just dont think is far 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users