Shockz - Lighting (Will update textures but will be last update for landscape textures)

• Please log in to reply
300 replies to this topic

lukas_skov #21 Posted 11 February 2014 - 11:18 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 11433 battles

Do I need to download texture patch package and then both updates as well or just last big update?

EDIT

I installed just the 2nd upadate. Don't know if it's right or wrong, but didn't noticed any fps decrease.

Edited by lukas_skov, 12 February 2014 - 11:02 AM.

TehShockz #22 Posted 12 February 2014 - 11:53 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 16611 battles

i have a new update coming...hopefully  tonight was a lot of textures i wasn't happy with a few bugs that needed to be fixed... you only need the main file then the latest update... after seeing  what 8.11 did it added some new stuff but didn't change much to ruin what i did so the update mightbe today it might be a few days from now...

so what can you expect from the  new update, well lets take a look....

New roads

New pathing

New gravel

that new brickwork again

More brick and path retextures.

W.I.P  slate still looks bad in atm when in a large area will make the seams less repeatiing.

more of the same

mud and grit

unrealistic size need to smallen the bricks

a closer look at that muddy grit

stone and mud combination paths

And much more these screenshots are a week old...

9541 #23 Posted 14 February 2014 - 12:17 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 41832 battles
  • [S2K] S2K
Just copy the 'maps' in the map 8.11?? Nothing else???

HEI_BK201 #24 Posted 14 February 2014 - 12:24 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 17153 battles
  • [R-U] R-U

Can't wait for the official mod to get out :D Wanna see my game clear and cool :3

Great job! :honoring:

Santi_JahrhundertMorder #25 Posted 14 February 2014 - 01:45 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 18515 battles

Hello, sorry if you already said something about that: but did this mod affect the quality of Tanks too ?? (i hope yes, because i don't want have to search an other mod only for the Tanks textures you know)

Anyway i will download the final version (soon ?) of your mod because it look really nice

R1FL3 #26 Posted 14 February 2014 - 03:19 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 8894 battles

View PostSanti_JahrhundertMorder, on 14 February 2014 - 12:45 AM, said:

Hello, sorry if you already said something about that: but did this mod affect the quality of Tanks too ?? (i hope yes, because i don't want have to search an other mod only for the Tanks textures you know)

Anyway i will download the final version (soon ?) of your mod because it look really nice

You don't have to download tanks skins, there are only textures of landscape.

Santi_JahrhundertMorder #27 Posted 14 February 2014 - 10:12 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 18515 battles

Sorry for my bad english, what i meant is: did this mod imrove Tanks quality / textures ? or ONLY the landscape and that's all ?

Thanks

lgfrbcsgo #28 Posted 14 February 2014 - 01:16 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 33903 battles
  • [MOTIV] MOTIV

View PostSanti_JahrhundertMorder, on 14 February 2014 - 10:12 AM, said:

Sorry for my bad english, what i meant is: did this mod imrove Tanks quality / textures ? or ONLY the landscape and that's all ?

Thanks

No, it doesn't. It only improves terrain/landscape.

Regards :honoring:

Edited by lgfrbcsgo, 14 February 2014 - 01:16 PM.

TehShockz #29 Posted 14 February 2014 - 01:30 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 16611 battles

There won't be a final release, WG keeps bringing updaates out adding new maps ect so my work will continue till i quit or get a job in a gaming industry.... i have been known to have long breaks from world of tanks so my last mod was quite a while back.... i said on  an earlier post that i will  release an update in a few days well that kind of gggot set back a bit when they gave me a day premium i thought i would have a day from modding to try get my good gun on my kv-4. however was working hard last night, redone all the grass now with new grass...

realistic sized grass this time... i was looking at the grass and paths thinking there are people in those tansks why has wargaming made the grass so big... though meh thats it deo it all a realistic size... hopefully will have a download tonight... tomorrow at the latest. some patches will  follow afterwards and the files up there now will be moved to the old mods section... so people only have to download one files with hopefully a few patches fixing bugs and bad work.

JtAdams #30 Posted 14 February 2014 - 01:58 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 23818 battles

Gread News       :tongue:

PS:

You have a look too -- for the flickering Textures in Lakeville  (Hill Side), the flickering on EL-Hallouf (Rocks)

and there is a litte error with some Street flickering (not a big Problem)

I have a file ready on my PC with a mixed from DraX - Your Files - and Tanks with better normal Map Texture.  :great:  I only waiting for new Update from You

then i will upload my Texture MIX (hehe at this Time 3,5gig Rar File)

Santi_JahrhundertMorder #31 Posted 14 February 2014 - 02:37 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 18515 battles

View PostTehShockz, on 14 February 2014 - 01:30 PM, said:

There won't be a final release, WG keeps bringing updaates out adding new maps ect so my work will continue till i quit or get a job in a gaming industry.... i have been known to have long breaks from world of tanks so my last mod was quite a while back.... i said on  an earlier post that i will  release an update in a few days well that kind of gggot set back a bit when they gave me a day premium i thought i would have a day from modding to try get my good gun on my kv-4. however was working hard last night, redone all the grass now with new grass...

realistic sized grass this time... i was looking at the grass and paths thinking there are people in those tansks why has wargaming made the grass so big... though meh thats it deo it all a realistic size... hopefully will have a download tonight... tomorrow at the latest. some patches will  follow afterwards and the files up there now will be moved to the old mods section... so people only have to download one files with hopefully a few patches fixing bugs and bad work.

- So for my part (who didn't installed your mod yet) i wait for the update tonight or tomorrow, its that ?

- And 2nd question: did someone have a mod only for improve tanks textures ? before i used sweet FX or something like that, but i really want for the landscape this mod from this topic

So if there is a mod only for tanks, i'm interesting

THANKS

Edited by Santi_JahrhundertMorder, 14 February 2014 - 03:54 PM.

TehShockz #32 Posted 14 February 2014 - 07:57 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 16611 battles

NEW DOWNLOAD COUNTDOWN

Ok the file is uploading, don't know how long it will take so keep checking nexus...

Some changes have been made since my last screenshots.. also done every crop texture in the game but will only  show one as i ain't looking for them in my replays lol.

Please note: Everything you see is not final im still working on bettering some textures that either look ugly or seam too much in pattern...

I'm not the most experienced modder in the fields so with learning comes better quality mods. :)

New maps been done.

Edited by TehShockz, 14 February 2014 - 08:45 PM.

Mjorge #33 Posted 14 February 2014 - 11:06 PM

Corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 60867 battles
  • [STS] STS

Downloading the 784mb of the 8.11 texture patch:justwait:

Once again, great JOB:honoring:

Greetings

ClassicFrog #34 Posted 16 February 2014 - 04:11 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 48676 battles

That frozen ground, the grass and streets, looks very nice :)

But the snow itself, at least to me, looks a bit like sugar :P Maybe it is too fine or fluffy. If it's piled up it would be more compact I guess, more frozen together maybe.

TehShockz #35 Posted 16 February 2014 - 05:20 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 16611 battles

I will mess with the snow  see  if i can get an alternative download up with snow variants between fine and icy snow... sadly can't have both though due to the same texture from the fields used in areas where you might think the snow would clump  and ice up.... also can't add brown in the snow like  you get in real life because of this same reason...

At the moment i think my grass look horrible so im trying to better it... also there are some maps i don't like... the grass in mines and sig line.... also going to find the normal map that makes the abbey ground so horrible and erase it from existence... losing bump on a set of rocks is a small price to pay i think.

ClassicFrog #36 Posted 16 February 2014 - 05:36 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 48676 battles

Wouldn't it be more natural to have a frozen snow everywhere then? If it's cold enough there will be an icy crust on the snow even if it was just spread across the field. We could assume wot winter maps are very cold :)

Edit:

Also, one thing I have noticed but forgot to mention before is that some terrain is shimmering when looked at from greater distance (mainly rocky ground like in mountain pass for example) ... at 200 - 300 meters and beyond.

I have 1920x1080 resolution with the quality of the terrain set to maximum and antialiasing set to fxaa, so it is not the low settings issue.

Edited by ClassicFrog, 16 February 2014 - 06:57 PM.

TehShockz #37 Posted 16 February 2014 - 09:02 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 16611 battles
some mipmaps seem to be not saving with the DDS for some reason... fixed a lot of it but i have not yet had the chance to try all the maps with my mods since the new 0.8.11 requires me to record each map in replay all over again... when i see it i will fix it seem 2 or 3 already that i fixed... one on mines.. no idea why sometimes it fails to save the mipmaps on some textures.. without mipmaps the texture will not blur at a distance and therfor crushes the pixels into a super small fuzz bomb that shimmers with camera rotation...

ClassicFrog #38 Posted 16 February 2014 - 09:07 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 48676 battles

Ah, I see :)

Would you like me to post it here if I see that in other maps?

TehShockz #39 Posted 16 February 2014 - 09:19 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 16611 battles

Yes please im also wondering if you  could do me a favor.. i have uploaded a field of  view mod... could you test it out for me please i want to see if it looks ok i have a Smart TV and everything seems to look different on here than it does for other machines.... Don't want to drag out my laptop and cope with lag testing it lol...

If the screen stretches or expands or distorts during rotation pls let me know i had 3 games with it and so far it looks good...

ClassicFrog #40 Posted 16 February 2014 - 09:21 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 48676 battles

I am currently using 120 x 70 fov setting for a widescreen. Is that what your mod has?

I really wouldn't want to adjust that. It suits me perfectly :)

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users