Ingame english speaking ?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
21 replies to this topic

jonas_dk #1 Posted 23 January 2014 - 02:57 PM

Private

• Player
  • 30184 battles

Hi Tankers

In North America they have their own server. In Asia they have their own server. In russia they have their server. In Eu, we have 28 different countrys with 28 different languages. Some of theese countrys inhabitants refuse to speak English. They only say Hi or hallo on their own language to people from their own country and in their own language. I mean....This is a teamplay game. No teamplay no winning. You can ask them polite, plz speak English. If you do that you are a racist or Don't you like people from e.g. Poland. And then they write a line in e.g. polish. What they write......I don't care, but it is so annoying and I don't think they tell me  how much they like me.

Why can't they have their own server lige the russian or the asian. If they don't want to speak English, or maybe german, then they....and that is only my oppinion.....don't belong on the European server. This topic is ment for the Polish players only....I know I maybe will get a ban for this, but that's life.

If it's continued like this, I think I will stop playing this wonderfull game.

THX

Regards

Jonas_dk

Johnny_Trash #2 Posted 23 January 2014 - 03:23 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 21676 battles
  • [GUP] GUP

View Postjonas_dk, on 23 January 2014 - 02:57 PM, said:

Why can't they have their own server lige the russian or the asian. If they don't want to speak English, or maybe german, then they....and that is only my oppinion.....don't belong on the European server. This topic is ment for the Polish players only....I know I maybe will get a ban for this, but that's life.

Well, I agree with you, that it is important to communicate with your team and since English is taught as a second language in probably all European countries it's an obvious choice to assume it to be the ingame language... In fact, I would love it, if WG somehow encouraged their players to use the chat in an appropriate way...

On the other hand, your conclusion is just racist and you very well deserve a temporary ban for this. I'm from Germany and I experience as many Germans refusing to speak English in chat as people from any other European country (UK excepted...).

Players should of course try to stick to a common language and if they don't speak English, they can at least use the ingame commands, but if somebody communicates in his mothertongue... well... deal with it... Greeting your own nation only is of course not very sportsmanlike (Siemka PL, Moin an alle Deutschen, van magyar, whatever...), but who cares if people do? If somebody uses your nickname in any language other than English, just add them to your ignore list... Nobody forces you to listen to idiots...

And by the way: I'm not entirely sure if "Asia" shares a joint language... :tongue:

Edited by Johnny_Trash, 23 January 2014 - 03:27 PM.

Thumbnail #3 Posted 23 January 2014 - 03:26 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 17438 battles

You realise what you're saying is "wrong", yet you say it still.

Anyway, you can't expect them all to speak English.

Surely I would like it if all players spoke English so I could communicate with them ingame.

Normal chitchat isn't necessary, it's a bonus.

This is possible with the use of the special commands. Only problem is if you die, you can no longer communicate with foreign non-English players.

Might suggest that the hotkeys are kept on after death due to this reasons. Drifting off. Anyway.

They are allowed to speak in their own language. Just try to 'coach' em by pointing at em and shout commands at the right times.

Just try to ignore those kind of chats, it just messes up the team if you react in a negative manner to foreign language.

Most of the time I see this in platoons, I can fully understand that.

The better players will try to learn English to better understand their teammates and try to communicate with them in general. (with exception of course)

The Englishmen just get away easily by being born in the country with the same language as America.

By rule of thumb: Players only communicating in their own language aren't worth communicating with. They don't care about communication much anyway.

Personally speak Dutch, English and German and I will understand some French, but I think English is really the only universal language.

You shouldn't expect a single non-German to speak German. If we allow a single more language besides English things will get complicated.

But those are just my two cents ;)

Edited by Thumbnail, 23 January 2014 - 03:27 PM.

Johnny_Trash #4 Posted 23 January 2014 - 03:30 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 21676 battles
  • [GUP] GUP

View PostThumbnail, on 23 January 2014 - 03:26 PM, said:

Personally speak Dutch, English and German and I will understand some French, but I think English is really the only universal language.

You shouldn't expect a single non-German to speak German. If we allow a single more language besides English things will get complicated.

But those are just my two cents ;)

Quoting a French friend of mine: "Life is too short to learn German..."

I guess she has a point there... Let's stick to English...

soulza #5 Posted 23 January 2014 - 03:37 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 42344 battles

who listens to chat in randoms anyway?

go here go there or noob!!

or follow me followed shortly by HELP!!!

shortly followed by NOOB TEAM!!! lol

makes no difference what each is typing to me anyway as in randoms i only respect a good players views

Johnny_Trash #6 Posted 23 January 2014 - 03:44 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 21676 battles
  • [GUP] GUP

On the plus side... I might have learned some meaty swearwords while playing world of tanks... If I wanted, I probably could insult most European nations in their own language... Thanks, WoT EU server!

I feel so European right now.

Outfielder #7 Posted 23 January 2014 - 03:46 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 24090 battles
  • [TEC] TEC

As I understand it the North American server also has players from the French speaking part of Canada, Mexico, Brasil, etc.. So no '1 language' there. More like a strugle between English, Spanish and Portuguese with a touch of French for some extra flavor.

The Asian server probably has players from a lot of different countries, too. You do know that 'Asian' is not a language, right? The chances of a Japanese person understanding Vietnamese are similar to a Dutch person understanding Finnish......nonexistent.

In Russia, there are (according to Wiki) 47 (!) languages that are spoken by more than 100,000 people. Russian maybe the official language, but I am going to take a wild guess and say there will be a bunch of players that can't (or won't!!!)  communicate in Russian or at least have serious trouble doing so.

So maybe you are wishing for something that does not exist on any server.

Edited by Outfielder, 23 January 2014 - 03:57 PM.

Hasenragout #8 Posted 23 January 2014 - 04:12 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 15749 battles
  • [SFFA] SFFA

well, u can't except everyone to speak english. English is a very important language, yes.

But more in business, if u need help in RL etc.

And WoT is a game:

- even if everybody would speak en, some people are still to lazy to read the chat and some people will just ignore ur advises

- a random battle is random. nothing else. If u want real teamwork, search for a company- or cw-clan

imo, let the people speak their language, let the people have fun in the random battles. randoms have their own "strong" sides, even if u cant recognize them so fast. one of them is that u dont have mega teamplay, just some "random" teamplay which can lead to other nice situations which make the random-battles being funny.

jonas_dk #9 Posted 23 January 2014 - 04:22 PM

Private

• Player
  • 30184 battles
I know it is impossible for them to have their own server. My point is......Why can't they spaek a language, so other players have a chance to read what they are writing. What if all 15 players wrote msg. on their own language. Dutch, Danish, german, sweden, norway e.t.c. If I wanna chat with other people from my country, then I use Facebook or another community, where I can chat. I am not using WOT for that. And another point is, that they are not just writing to their teammates......They are writing to the opponent to.....and use the game like a chat.

jonas_dk #10 Posted 23 January 2014 - 04:24 PM

Private

• Player
  • 30184 battles

View PostJohnny_Trash, on 23 January 2014 - 03:23 PM, said:

Well, I agree with you, that it is important to communicate with your team and since English is taught as a second language in probably all European countries it's an obvious choice to assume it to be the ingame language... In fact, I would love it, if WG somehow encouraged their players to use the chat in an appropriate way...

On the other hand, your conclusion is just racist and you very well deserve a temporary ban for this. I'm from Germany and I experience as many Germans refusing to speak English in chat as people from any other European country (UK excepted...).

Players should of course try to stick to a common language and if they don't speak English, they can at least use the ingame commands, but if somebody communicates in his mothertongue... well... deal with it... Greeting your own nation only is of course not very sportsmanlike (Siemka PL, Moin an alle Deutschen, van magyar, whatever...), but who cares if people do? If somebody uses your nickname in any language other than English, just add them to your ignore list... Nobody forces you to listen to idiots...

And by the way: I'm not entirely sure if "Asia" shares a joint language... :tongue:

You are right, but germans don't
use it like a chat. It is very rare, that they writing something in german.

John_Preston #11 Posted 23 January 2014 - 05:22 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 17436 battles

View PostJohnny_Trash, on 23 January 2014 - 03:23 PM, said:

"van magyar" is actually not a greeting and not even grammatically correct. It supposed to be a question, meaning "is there any hungarian player here?", but it's more like "any hungarian?" "Üdv!"/"Sziasztok!" are the ones i usually see.

On: since the game is international i think everybody should use english. Even my broken english does the trick, anyone could learn this much. Or just use the built-in commands, they are "autmatically translated".

Effing_Drako #12 Posted 23 January 2014 - 05:24 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 26671 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-
Dude most english people cant speak english themselves properly

Raducu #13 Posted 23 January 2014 - 05:52 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 7028 battles

You can't forbid other languages than English in the game's chat, as you cannot force some people that barely know how to speak properly in their own language to speak in English and I don't see why Wargaming would bother making n servers so you (let's say 1 player out of 1000=0.1%) can play only with English language speakers...

Well...let's say that Wargaming will make n servers so that people can talk in their native language (0.00000000000000000000000001% probability), think about the thing that everyone will go and play in the server dedicated to their region and so, on the English speaking region of EU will only remain a very few amount of the players that you can find these days on it.

If you want to see only English in chat, please go on the NA server. ( although I doubt you will only see 1 language there xD ).

jonas_dk #14 Posted 23 January 2014 - 07:37 PM

Private

• Player
  • 30184 battles

Ok....Before I wrote this Topic, I was forced to choose what language I would use. There was several....PL, ENG,D,CZ e.g. I picked ENG. At this state I have the opportunity to pick the language i want. When I connect to WOT, i have 3 choices....Auto, server1 and server2......Why not have a English server or a polish server, or a server where you have to speak either polish or English. I don't say all pl players refuse to speak English, but a lot does....Here we have a opportunity to choose what we want. I want a server where I understand what is being said. I you Guys and girls don't care that's good for me, but why not give the rest the opportunity.

jonas_dk #15 Posted 23 January 2014 - 07:43 PM

Private

• Player
  • 30184 battles

View PostRaducu, on 23 January 2014 - 05:52 PM, said:

You can't forbid other languages than English in the game's chat, as you cannot force some people that barely know how to speak properly in their own language to speak in English and I don't see why Wargaming would bother making n servers so you (let's say 1 player out of 1000=0.1%) can play only with English language speakers...

Well...let's say that Wargaming will make n servers so that people can talk in their native language (0.00000000000000000000000001% probability), think about the thing that everyone will go and play in the server dedicated to their region and so, on the English speaking region of EU will only remain a very few amount of the players that you can find these days on it.

If you want to see only English in chat, please go on the NA server. ( although I doubt you will only see 1 language there xD ).

You are wrong.....I don't want a server for all language. I don't want a Danish server. I want a server where 90 % of the players can understand what they are being told. I bet, that least 50 % of all the msg that are written in chat, is in an "East European" language. Here i don't mean the standard msg written with F-keys

Outfielder #16 Posted 24 January 2014 - 08:33 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 24090 battles
  • [TEC] TEC

View Postjonas_dk, on 23 January 2014 - 06:43 PM, said:

You are wrong.....I don't want a server for all language. I don't want a Danish server. I want a server where 90 % of the players can understand what they are being told. I bet, that least 50 % of all the msg that are written in chat, is in an "East European" language. Here i don't mean the standard msg written with F-keys

Maybe that is because 50% of the players are from eastern Europe?

Here's a different perspective that was used a lot a year or so ago:

If you can't read/understand what's being said in chat, it's not meant for you, so don't worry about it.

ermo87 #17 Posted 24 January 2014 - 11:08 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 26479 battles
  • [ITCH] ITCH

Keep in mind also that not everybody is of age to even HAVE englishlessons in school yet.

I see players answering in a non-mentional recruiting thread that they are for example 8 years old.

I have  a hard time believing they have started to learn that much English so far. Just bare with it and enjoy the game.

If it really bothers you that much, just try and ignore the chat then?

soolerman #18 Posted 24 January 2014 - 01:37 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 24366 battles

Mate if, as you have said, this post is directed at Polish players. Can I point out that most Polish people now live in Holland and the UK not Poland. So please explain exactly what your Polish only server, and this is clearly asking for, would work?

Ok that was a little bit of a flippant response. But my point is this;- Most peoples in Europe speak English to one extent or another. But to demand/expect it is use or to suggest excluding people that do not use it. Is not on. If they decide to speak only Polish or French or what ever. So what? They are excluding themselves from the team so its there loss. If they are abusive report them as I and others do.

TrailApe #19 Posted 24 January 2014 - 03:35 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 53522 battles

If you can't read/understand what's being said in chat, it's not meant for you, so don't worry about it.

Totally agree.

I don't mind any lingo being parlayed dans the game.

Cest le guerre n'est pas?

Hasenragout #20 Posted 24 January 2014 - 04:03 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 15749 battles
  • [SFFA] SFFA

View Postjonas_dk, on 23 January 2014 - 07:37 PM, said:

Why not have a English server or a polish server, or a server where you have to speak either polish or English.

because it wouldn't change gameplay?

View PostTrailApe, on 24 January 2014 - 03:35 PM, said:

I don't mind any lingo being parlayed dans the game.

Sorryldigung, me nie spreaken frengielskisch, onli polengermanlish

Edited by Hasenragout, 24 January 2014 - 04:03 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users