wowp true story

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
70 replies to this topic

hamstor #1 Posted 26 January 2014 - 11:09 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 15096 battles

Good evening fellas,

and although there has been this kind of thread around here (being buried deep in some off-topic achives) I'm promoting WoWP here. In the heart of the WoT-Forums. The very General Whine Discussion Board.

Now... a lot of you hard-liners here are going to hate me for that statement and I might have joined in on that WoWP-bashing bandwaggon a few months ago too. But I'm neither on WGs paylist nor associated with any WG-fanbois (I'm a daily ftr reader, I know what to think of WG).

BUT... and that's the reason I'm writing all of this - I really had fun with WoT and WG (at gamescom and those community parties). And that's why I gave WoWP a chance.

Spoiler (why not WoT?)

Spoiler (so why WoWP?)

Now I'm stuck with WoWP and I'm happy about it. Really I am.

There are no campers (lol).

There is (currently) no real OP crap (okay... maybe that Ao192) ruining anything (being true in WoT or not is another matter :P).

The eco system is 1:1 like in WoT - simply to get on.

The maps are beautiful and some even have mini-WoT maps "hidden" in them. It's cute really.

And it is simply fun. Like... really. It's fast and catchy.

And planes are cool, ok?

Oh and the servers are not laggy and full all the time...  So: Only (logical) downside: Playerbase is too small.

And that's also a reason I'm writing this. WoWP needs more players. More ambitioned, good players (you forumers, at least most of you). And WG won't find them by paying Ads on trashy TV late at night. Also not by baiting them with free-gold (free gold mostly attracts bots... special people). Because we all know WGs promotion plans are... wierd (WG style). 

WoWP has to prove it's a good game... 

And it could if you give it a chance. Really only 20 battles, it's not much.

If you played BT and said: "This suxx, screw it." I said exactly the same! A lot has improved. And it's fun.

Ok... That's it I guess. A TL:DR "i liek planez come join mi" post.

So good night for now and keep on having a good time. Be it on the land or the skies.

Shaka_D #2 Posted 26 January 2014 - 11:17 PM

Colonel

• Beta Tester
  • 37657 battles

Nice post mate and I'm happy for you, sincerely,  but when it comes to planes I simply prefer Warthunder over WoWP. I love WoT and wish WG would realise it's full potential, fix a few burning issues with it and perhaps respect the playerbase a little more. When it comes to flying I like playing Rise of Flight and Warthunder. I gave WoWP a chance but I feel WG can't come close. They'd perhaps be better off making WoT far better than it is and of course....fixing the EU servers and fast. I guess it's all just a matter of personal preference.

Have a +1 for your positive attitude :blinky:

Edited by jinx_uk, 26 January 2014 - 11:19 PM.

LZ_Mordan #3 Posted 26 January 2014 - 11:33 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 14202 battles

i play WoWP. and i like it. no lag, no campers. faster gameplay on smalll maps.

I don't like bigger maps... slower gameplay

Desyatnik_Pansy #4 Posted 26 January 2014 - 11:35 PM

Bartender

• Player
  • 16084 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-

Still need to play more of it; I never even got to using a Tier II (last I recall) Plane. I did enjoy spying WoT Maps on their maps (such as both Airfield and El Halluf on one of them), but sadly other than that, nothing really got me playing it more.

+1 for the attitude though. :glasses:

EPIC_RAGE #5 Posted 26 January 2014 - 11:36 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 35202 battles

I play WoWP here and there got to t6. I find it way less stressfull than WoT, maybe cuz of lack of XVM and stats attention, I actually play for fun :D Ofc, you will find zombies doing wrong things, for example doing ground targets with fighters, but it's rare. Engine is better than in WoT (for now). As for the OP planes part, I don't agree...German heavy fighters are broken. Anyway, not a bad game like ppl present it, has nice events here and there you can win easily while playerbase is low ;)

EDIT: Damn phone can't even make paragraphs :(

Edited by EPIC_RAGE, 26 January 2014 - 11:40 PM.

Alezul #6 Posted 26 January 2014 - 11:37 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 39095 battles

View PostLZ_Mordan, on 26 January 2014 - 07:33 PM, said:

i play WoWP.(...) no campers

Haha i just imagined some guy going in the map's corner and turning off his engine to "camp" straight into the ground.

BravelyRanAway #7 Posted 27 January 2014 - 12:16 AM

General

• Beta Tester
  • 22450 battles
  • [H_I_T] H_I_T

View PostEPIC_RAGE, on 26 January 2014 - 10:36 PM, said:

I play WoWP here and there got to t6. I find it way less stressfull than WoT, maybe cuz of lack of XVM and stats attention, I actually play for fun :D

Very true, I find it less stressful too as the gameplay is so fast there's hardly any time for anyone to write crap or insult anyone in chat.

Sturmtiger_304 #8 Posted 27 January 2014 - 12:19 AM

Brigadier

• Beta Tester
  • 19603 battles

Tried it last week.

Got rammed twice and left alone to die by 3-4 fighters more times than I can remember.

Desyatnik_Pansy #9 Posted 27 January 2014 - 12:30 AM

Bartender

• Player
  • 16084 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-

View PostSturmtiger_304, on 26 January 2014 - 11:19 PM, said:

Tried it last week.

Got rammed twice and left alone to die by 3-4 fighters more times than I can remember.

For the record, I actually enjoyed the ramming aspect. I felt it brought a larger sense of, for lack of a better word, intenseness, into your average battle. I actually had some daring scenarios where I'd be shooting at an opponent coming towards me only to pull away at the very last second as he attempted to ram into me; very hectic. And if anything it was hilarious to be the person ramming the opponent; I remember one battle where me and a teammate (both in Tier I) had only one enemy to kill (a Tier II); he happened to target teammate, who flew him towards me. As the enemy was about to kill my teammate, I flew myself straight into the enemy while yelling "Ramming speed!" on the chat and scored us the win. :veryhappy:

Hemiger #10 Posted 27 January 2014 - 12:36 AM

Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 36367 battles
  • [WHO] WHO
Actually agree with op about it improving alot since beta and tend to be more play for fun and ram higher tier tactics for me in it :trollface:

zbing #11 Posted 27 January 2014 - 12:37 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 20617 battles
Tried WoWP twice. Tried WT three times. Gave up both. Conclusion? I just don't like aerial combat. But definitely +1 for nice post.

REDdemidry #12 Posted 27 January 2014 - 12:57 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 50 battles

Nice PR try, but WoWP is a piece of * and you do have better alternative,  compared to when WoT was out. No sell.

Jetser #13 Posted 27 January 2014 - 01:04 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 15354 battles
  • [NOFUN] NOFUN
Why is this in World of Tanks General Discussion forum?

Anund #14 Posted 27 January 2014 - 01:09 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 14131 battles
I was actually thinking about trying WoWP after the Other Game got completely destroyed after they changed the tier system, specially right after I blew a lot of cash on various packages and things during the Steam sale. Anyway, I just never did... Not sure why. Flying planes can be fun.

Gloris #15 Posted 27 January 2014 - 01:09 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 19748 battles

Tryed WoWP multiple times in multiple different states of development, and it just never klicked.

Block Quote

There is (currently) no real OP crap (okay... maybe that Ao192) ruining anything (being true in WoT or not is another matter :P). don't believe that sry, probably the OP stuff just has not been recognised by the public as OP, just like it took the forum 2 Years to see that the Kv-1s is broken

The maps are beautiful and some even have mini-WoT maps "hidden" in them. It's cute really. No, sry, If you want to see what "Beutiful maps" look like you have to look at the competitor. as much as the grapphical updates have improved the engine, it's just not there yet.

And it is simply fun. Like... really. It's fast and catchy. too fast. Avg battletime was 3 minutes or so i think? average survivaltime is probably less, so you wait in queue and the 30+ seconds at the beginning of the game for like 2 minutes of gameplay

REDdemidry #16 Posted 27 January 2014 - 01:13 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 50 battles

View PostJetser, on 27 January 2014 - 12:04 AM, said:

Why is this in World of Tanks General Discussion forum?

Because they're desperate to promote that failure. But it's not us they're fighting against, it's the fact that that game is worse than it's alternative.

Which is still a F2P nightmare, just a better colored one, better playing, better everything.

And nice of you to mention Rise of Flight, jinx_uk, that really is something to try.

Edited by REDdemidry, 27 January 2014 - 01:20 AM.

Malaren #17 Posted 27 January 2014 - 01:15 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 21436 battles
  • [KITTY] KITTY
Totally useless game, if i want to fly i prefer WT every day over WOWP.

Mymh #18 Posted 27 January 2014 - 03:49 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 26888 battles

In some ways I agree and symphazise with the OP, in other ways, not.

I have 252 battles in WoWP, the highest is a tier 5 with 57.35% win ratio. I also bought one of the tier 4 premium planes, as WoWP is - even more than WoT who has the same 'problem' - credit hungry on lower tiers. Just like in WoT you make good credits with a normal tier 5 (in fact more than my tier 4 premium, so feels like it was a mistake buying it). But on the lower tiers I was constantly cash starved.

What I agree with OP, and that is strong selling points of WoWP:
* No camping.

* Server isn't laggy (well it is in the Hangar for some peculiar reason, but not the game itself).

..and if I may add my own selling points; shared free xp with WoT and universal premium account is great.

On the other hand, weak points of WoWP:

* Yes, there's quite few players. In fact during nights I found it nearly unplayable, I had to stick to lowtiers and you can tell others feel the same. The frequency of higher tier planes showing up in MM drops to nearly zero, most you see is lowtier stuff.

* I disagree with the OP regarding overpowered planes. The Heavy fighters was a major talking point on the forums when I started. I decided to try other planes first, learn the ropes, then I went to try the HF myself.. and yes, they are ridicilously strong. There's also one or two specific Fighters I found extremely hard at tier 5, but that might just be a tier-specific example. It's far from balanced between planes tho.

The could-be-anything points:
* Most of my friends that play WoWP and WT are split. Most agree that WT looks alot better, feels better. But there's the people sticking with WoWP because of it being 'enjoable' combined with that they already have their accounts running in WoT (premium/xp spilling over etc). Personally I'm not interested in planes, but playing with friends I find WoWP enjoyable and that is all I need really, the rest is about grinding and then the emphasis for me there is if it feels reasonable to grind, or if it's too easy/too annoying. So far I feel it's quite similar to WoT, i.e. a bit too much focused on credits rather than xp, but it's not a major issue.

I certainly recommend people to try it tho. It definately does deserve a bit more players in there. I wouldn't say it doesn't have OP planes, and I'd love to see a little buff to the premium planes. But the major selling point is the lack of campers. :P If you want some chill fast gameplay and feel WoT might aggravate you at this particular time, WoWP certainly give you some chill moments and fairly quick access to fights.

Lord_Demon #19 Posted 27 January 2014 - 07:37 AM

Colonel

• Player
  • 32658 battles

I played WoWP a bit, and it is pretty fun game. Unfortunately it was not as stable on my computer as WoT, it ended crashing the client occationally, and sometimes loading forever to get in map, so I was dead by the time I got in.

Haven't tried the latest version though. And Haven't yet gotten to BF-109B after the reset. That plane was awsome. Maybe I should look into it again.

jokobet #20 Posted 27 January 2014 - 08:20 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 31283 battles
I found WT boring, maybe I shall give WoWp a go. Good post, btw.

Also tagged with wowp, true story

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users