To XVM or not to XVM?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
25 replies to this topic

Ambiorix1032 #1 Posted 26 January 2014 - 11:29 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 4292 battles

To XVM or not to XVM that is the question? So today I did some matches and it struck me that when I got in a match where T6 and higher tanks participating they said often "Oh no a tomatoe team! or x% of losing" and they often go afk. 

This got me thinking is using XVM then a good idea,? you grind to a certain tier and you start using XVM and you notice that you are in a so called "tomatoe team" and start raging how noob your team is and go afk. That's just stupid hell if I would play this game months/years I would show newbies how it is done. Or am I wrong? 

I'm not I repeat not saying XVM should be banned or anything like that! 

I'm just curious about the opinion of fellow commanders.

ps: I want a decent discussion no rage or neg rep !

Effing_Drako #2 Posted 26 January 2014 - 11:45 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 26694 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-
Dont use it

Gugulugalaga #3 Posted 26 January 2014 - 11:51 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 18248 battles
I don't use xvm. I can tell if it's a tomatoteam after 3 min.

wims80 #4 Posted 27 January 2014 - 12:11 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 10282 battles
xvm gives a huge tactical advantage imo. It's a "must have" mod.

GemmaLou #5 Posted 27 January 2014 - 12:31 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 8127 battles
oh that's how they get that stuff? i've seen people saying that a lot today, like we've lost and stuff. usually we win :D

killer999death #6 Posted 27 January 2014 - 01:18 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 24245 battles
  • [JHS] JHS

I say don't get such mod, the stats and whatever XVM does show will just make you play worse when seeing bad teammates etc. It often happens that I have someone in my team insult another because he sees bad stats -__-''

Also playing the game unmodded is most fair (apart from nice skins mods etc. those are cool~)

_Antipathy #7 Posted 27 January 2014 - 09:42 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 651 battles

XVM makes people write stupid topics about "These tomatoes destroyed my perfect battle", it helps to consider bad players like [edited], bad mood, emotional problems, etc. 

Doesn't give advantage unless you're playing arty and want to choose a target between 2 campers.

Edited by BigBadVuk, 01 February 2014 - 03:17 PM.
This post has been edited by a member of the Moderation Team, due to inappropriate content. An official notification has also been sent. BigBadVuk

InvisibleMoth #8 Posted 28 January 2014 - 01:25 AM

Private

• Player
  • 3479 battles

I don't use it as I think it's a cheat and whilst others are free to cheat as they like, I'd rather play the pure game.

That said; it's amazing how many times some idiots rattle on about how we are bound to lose a game which we end up winning. I had one a couple of days ago where some kid was crying about tomatoes and then moaning about how nobody knew how to play this map and they were all going to the wrong places. We won 15-3. :-D

wims80 #9 Posted 28 January 2014 - 02:09 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 10282 battles
Well he was probably right. You just accidentally happened to win the game

Raducu #10 Posted 28 January 2014 - 08:50 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 7028 battles

View PostGugulugalaga, on 26 January 2014 - 10:51 PM, said:

I don't use xvm. I can tell if it's a tomatoteam after 3 min.

Even less than 3min...

Ambiorix1032 #11 Posted 29 January 2014 - 09:55 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 4292 battles

View PostInvisibleMoth, on 28 January 2014 - 01:25 AM, said:

I don't use it as I think it's a cheat and whilst others are free to cheat as they like, I'd rather play the pure game.

That said; it's amazing how many times some idiots rattle on about how we are bound to lose a game which we end up winning. I had one a couple of days ago where some kid was crying about tomatoes and then moaning about how nobody knew how to play this map and they were all going to the wrong places. We won 15-3. :-D

Indeed 

GemmaLou #12 Posted 30 January 2014 - 08:59 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 8127 battles

View PostInvisibleMoth, on 28 January 2014 - 12:25 AM, said:

yeh and when i look them up after battle theyre usually like 46% or something, worse than me anyway.

sady3296 #13 Posted 30 January 2014 - 09:15 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 51282 battles

XVM = pointless crap on your screen to take your attention of the game.

Sikalisko #14 Posted 30 January 2014 - 09:32 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 9506 battles
  • [SOMO] SOMO

I think it's the bad players who can't influence much on the outcome anyways who complain about their team mates.

Xvm gives lots of tactical advantage which other players are likely using so you're kinda forced to use it as well if you want to get your max results. For example, when you see some enemy tank shoot way off from you, just by checking his stats you can determine if he really has problems with high ping or not. If he does, it's time to get up and personal as he wont hit you anyways :playing:

Hank_m #15 Posted 30 January 2014 - 12:30 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 27274 battles
You should definitely use it. People rage and people rage quit, regardless of xvm. What will it help you with, in my opinion a couple of things. First of all, if I see I'm in a "tomato team" I play more aggressively, there is no point in camping with 12 bad teammates, it's better to try and take out some tanks fast and put some pressure on other team. Second, there is a HUGE difference when circling a decent player that is driving an ISU 152 and circling a tomato. But seeing you are a new player, most use for xvm in the next couple of thousands battles is that after you die, you can switch to good allied players and see what they are doing and learn from them. Also, if you are unsure of where to go, just try and support the best players on the team. And final thing, when you see the beginning of the battle you will see what good players are doing and where they are going. And also in chat when somebody has an idea or a plan  you will know if it's coming from a good player or a total noob who never made any effort to be better. It's not a reflex based game, so almost everyone who makes an effort won't be bad at it. Thanks to xvm, on more then one occasion I have managed to hold an entire flank with only 2 or 3 good players against a lemming train.

killer999death #16 Posted 31 January 2014 - 10:09 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 24245 battles
  • [JHS] JHS
I still find such mods ''cheat-lean''

Shows you how your teammmates perform
Shows you view range on map
Shows you draw distance on map
Shows you various other stats.

I mean...every normal player who plays the game vanilla is at a disadvantage there as he needs to rely on his own judgement and knowladge

WFNecromonger #17 Posted 31 January 2014 - 10:12 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 37650 battles
  • [-TTK-] -TTK-

I have had XVM but deinstalled it the advantages were enorm', as far as im concerned it is a cheat mod and should be banned.

I refuse to use it so when i win a game im more than happy because ive owned the xvm gobby children with a basic normal "as it was meant to be" account.

ireny #18 Posted 31 January 2014 - 10:29 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 5284 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE
I am using the mod.However,I'm not using the stats.It just makes me think about winning or losing.I am using XVM for the map.I can see there where was the enemy last seen and what thank is the enemy.

Rage_Quit_Inc #19 Posted 31 January 2014 - 10:43 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 5211 battles
  • [RQI] RQI

Must have for me as I know who is the biggest threat and can normally anticipate where they will be. One example of this is campanovka where they had a unicum T71 on the north side as suddenly all my team were getting shot to hell!!! so i direct fire into the bushes  on the west side and we blind kill him and we go on to win .. just

I knew that T71 was good enough to 

1. Know where to go
  2. have a fully kitted out passive scout
  3. Know not to fire and give himself away
  4. Be directing his team to focus fire by pinging targets

All assumptions i would not have made if he was a red T71 so I knew there was a real danger really early in the battle.

I know its just opinion and personal choice but I find it helps me massively.  

And to be honest i love the low win chances as it gives me a chance to have an epic battle, it also influences how I play. high win chance i am more aggressive to get the damage, low win chance I am a little more cautious

Edited by Rage_Quit_Inc, 31 January 2014 - 10:45 AM.

belkov #20 Posted 31 January 2014 - 10:47 AM

Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 29477 battles

For me the 3 most important (positive) aspects about XVM are:

Minimap and tank-names:

When tanks are spotted across the map (outside viewrange) without XVM you don’t know which tank is spotted, except for type.

With XVM you know and can take proper actions. Also you are prestened with “last known locations” which can be extremely useful in “endgame play”

Player ratings:

You can almost call this a cheat; when your XVM is configured to distinguish unicums, from good players, from tomatoes (in coloured targetmarkers for example) you can target the more dangerous players first which in turn leads to better results.

Garage improvements:

One click moving crews to and from (premium) tanks is a great tool for people with a lot of tanks. Also XVM can display XVM-scale 0-99 for Tank Companies, which makes it extremely useful for filtering the lesser players from the better players when you want to create a good TC.

This could also be a negative though, as lesser players will be denied from better TC’s .

The downside of XVM IMHO is:

Framerate drop:

Might not be much, but on lower specs machines, the drop is close to 10%, which might be enough to lead to crappy gameplay. I’m not sure, but it might be the minimap. (Locastan’s minimap has same % of fps drop for me)

Games dropped by people not knowing how to use XVM

There are times where you have a 43% or lower win chance. This in itself is not a “true” indicator of what is about to happen. A lot of XVM-users however, seem to think that the game is lost and just go back to garage, suicide, or even block allies to speed up the loss.

Needless to say this is not really contributing to gameplay.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users