Issue with applying a skin mod

Need help with mod russian object704 skin applying issue

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

MassEffective #1 Posted 28 January 2014 - 12:39 AM

Private

• Player
  • 13029 battles

(I hope this "topic" is placed under the right forum folder. If not, my apologies)

Hello my dear WoT forum-dwellers. I have reached an unfortunate predicament where I am forcedin dire need, threatening you to, asking kindly for your assistance to help solve this aggravating matter I have encountered.

For you see my dear forum-dwellers (please do not take that nickname as an insult and lynch me) I have recently found a stupendous mod created by Riv_Shiel, which is a skin modification for the Russian tank destroyer Object 704. The skin is replicating the starship "Normandy SR-2" from the game Mass Effect 2. (I assume you now see the similarities and why I want it) Below picture shows you the work itself:

(This is where I would have put a picture if I was allowed to. Apparently, administration tells me the link is not allowed to be posted here. Oh well, you will see it in the other link I have attached)

Marvellous, I must say. Now for the predicament. I went to numerous websites to find this skin mod. Every website I came across was in Russian. Translating it was not a problem nor downloading the files needed. However, the files I downloaded only consisted of two files. These were named: 'Object_704_crash.dds' and 'Object_704.dds'. I will include a link to the Russian website, where I have downloaded these files:

http://mirtankov.net...al-version.html

I have no idea where to place these two files for the mod to activate. There seems to be no guidelines on the websites I have found the mod with and I have searched far too long now for an answer, without success. I hope that you wonderful people may be willing to assist me with this issue. I would be truly grateful.

With out-most sincerity,

- MassEffective

elFred #2 Posted 28 January 2014 - 12:44 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 24042 battles
  • [BIMA] BIMA

it should go here : 

World_of_Tanks\res_mods\0.8.10\vehicles\russian\R53_Object_704

MassEffective #3 Posted 28 January 2014 - 02:21 AM

Private

• Player
  • 13029 battles

View PostelFred, on 28 January 2014 - 12:44 AM, said:

it should go here : 

World_of_Tanks\res_mods\0.8.10\vehicles\russian\R53_Object_704

Thank you dear sir, it worked out splendidly! I seemed to had done everything correctly, apart from adding the line-code "R53_" before Object_704.

May I ask how you know of the number and where I can find the numbers for the other tanks?

elFred #4 Posted 28 January 2014 - 09:46 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 24042 battles
  • [BIMA] BIMA

It's a need to know only restricted information :)

If you open a pkg files using 7-zip (for instance) you will see the directory structure , it's the same you have to use in res_mods\[Game version]

Also tagged with Need, help, with, mod, russian, object704, skin, applying, issue

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users