• This topic is locked This topic is locked
54 replies to this topic

Lujan #21 Posted 28 January 2014 - 06:08 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 24206 battles
  • [7-7-7] 7-7-7

View PostEstelleHertz, on 28 January 2014 - 05:02 PM, said:

Has there been any info about who won the 3v3 tier 5 fun cup? I can't find any info on the official site and barely any replays on youtube. Would be interesting to see how those KV-1's and AT-2's fair against Chaffees.

We won that cup... and they suck :) Even on Himmelsdorf the KV-1s didnt stand a chance vs our chaffees(Havent seen a single AT-2 in the whole tournament) And yeah every team in the Final Bracket used 3 Chaffees. But i have to agree with Berbo... Very few teams will use 5x Chaffe Lineups... there are much more interesting combinations.

And another question: There are only 3 maps shown atm. Will it stay like that or is this a mistake??

And the fact that there are no Videos from the 3on3 Funcup is cause there was no livestream cause the servers had issues on the evening the finals were scheduled :D

Edited by Lujan, 28 January 2014 - 06:14 PM.

VeryRisky #22 Posted 28 January 2014 - 06:17 PM

General

• Player
  • 18537 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostLujan, on 28 January 2014 - 05:08 PM, said:

We won that cup... and they suck :) Even on Himmelsdorf the KV-1s didnt stand a chance vs our chaffees(Havent seen a single AT-2 in the whole tournament) ANd yeah every team after in the Final Bracket used 3 Chaffees. But i have to agree with Berbo... Very few teams will use 5x Chaffe Lineups... there are much more interesting combinations.

So am I right that the LeFH might get a look in on some maps?   I know it is a low alpha arty but I knew the old Priest and it can turn and aim fast and then keep lobbing in shells at a tracked target.

Ofc this assumes it's not Himmelsdorf and you're not fancing 5x Chaffee.

Lujan #23 Posted 28 January 2014 - 06:20 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 24206 battles
  • [7-7-7] 7-7-7

View PostVeryRisky, on 28 January 2014 - 06:17 PM, said:

So am I right that the LeFH might get a look in on some maps?   I know it is a low alpha arty but I knew the old Priest and it can turn and aim fast and then keep lobbing in shells at a tracked target.

Ofc this assumes it's not Himmelsdorf and you're not fancing 5x Chaffee.

The problem is you never know your enemies setup... Thats what makes it that hard... You have to chose a lineup with the best possibilitys vs every other lineup (5 chaffes included)... So we surely wont use an arty. Especially cause you dont see a chaffee coming :D

FreakaMan #24 Posted 28 January 2014 - 06:35 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 45666 battles

EU Community fails once again. Dudes aren't you getting tired of being called out for incompetence?

Clicking the image in the post leads to:

http://worldoftanks....he_cup,_5_by_5/

which contains a button called TOURNAMENT RULES

which leads to http://worldoftanks....company-series/

also contains a button called RULES VIOLATION

which leads to http://forum.worldof...company-series/

and 3 more buttons that lead to links regarding the Easy8 competition.

I mean, how lazy can you be to reuse a template but not bother at least deleting the old links if you can't replace them with something new?

...SilentStalker of FTR is so right about you lot...

Hopefully, next time SerB is in EU he cleans your group up a bit, I'd say about half of you don't deserve your jobs.

Fr3d27 #25 Posted 28 January 2014 - 07:13 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 23769 battles
  • [TNAC] TNAC
Change the format in " tanks, battle tier 5"

Strider66 #26 Posted 28 January 2014 - 10:12 PM

Private

• Player
  • 23778 battles
  • [OAP] OAP
Hi Guys, for our Clan, as mainly UK gamers with jobs and families, it is very difficult to get a team together at 1800 UK time 1900 (CET).  We had a problem with the last Cup and just managed the bare minimum.  Any chance of starting a little later for future Cups?

alliancemd #27 Posted 29 January 2014 - 12:39 AM

Private

• Player
  • 9348 battles

For a good player, tier 7 is easy mode with Chaffee...

Imagine a fast tank with HP like a tier 5 heavy and 137 pen and with a fast aiming and firing gun in tier 5 battles...

And why EU2? The laggiest server... 200 ms is the best ping you can get on that server. This automatically excludes a lot of players...

GTRaPToR #28 Posted 29 January 2014 - 02:57 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 22944 battles
60 ping on EU2, STRONK

VeryRisky #29 Posted 29 January 2014 - 08:21 AM

General

• Player
  • 18537 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE
EU2 and EU1 ping depends as much on your ISP as your location.  I'm in the UK and at home EU2 is bettter but when using another ISP EU1 worked best.

Dead3yez #30 Posted 29 January 2014 - 08:40 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Clan Commander
  • 29046 battles
... I'm not rebuying the chaffee for the 4th time.  The only reason I've EVER had it is because it's great when there are point and tier restrictions (randoms: no!). This tournament is only accessible to teams with chaffees crewed up. Remove LT from this "fun" cup and there might be some diversity.

JerryAtrick #31 Posted 29 January 2014 - 10:18 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 30402 battles

View PostDead3yez, on 29 January 2014 - 08:40 AM, said:

... I'm not rebuying the chaffee for the 4th time. The only reason I've EVER had it is because it's great when there are point and tier restrictions (randoms: no!). This tournament is only accessible to teams with chaffees crewed up. Remove LT from this "fun" cup and there might be some diversity.

Pro tip: don't sell chaffee :) The last time they excluded chaffee from a tier5 contest, they forgot ELC...

shaaggy #32 Posted 29 January 2014 - 10:25 AM

Private

• Player
  • 21997 battles

What else you expected? VK28 nerfed and moved tier up, T-50-2 nerfed and moved tier up so only logical choice is Chaffee - the last old school scout (I meant the scouts from first WoT versions).

KV-1 and other T5 tanks don't stand a chance alone without Chaffee due to lack of view range. It's like playing the T6 Company with 10 KV-1Ses versus 10 Hellcat(Cromwell) line up. Outcome is obvious as long as it's open map.

I'd say that on first map which is Himmelsdorf 2 KV-1 will do the job and rest of tanks must be mobile. Chaffee are obvious choice due to superior view range (20m more than Leopard and 30m more then any other T5 reasonable medium tank). However possible line ups might include Wolverine's M7's T-34 and Pz III/IV as a substitute of M24 Chaffee.

Wolverine have great RoF and low alpha dmg isn't an issue on that tank, with good crew skills this might be great passive spotter with ability to protect base or flank.

M7, T-34 and Pz III/IV are good medium tanks with good mobility and reasonable view ranges (maybe excluding T-34), their strong is in great RoF and maneuverability but they still not as good as M24s.

I don't really see ELC in this tournament - It's small and fast, but his only job might be to be passive TD/spoter and it's not enough for only 5 tanks per game limit.

AT-2 isn't a choice either - great armor but you can't move it from base.

Shame on me due to my laziness... I could had Chaffee long time ago but I just can't force myself to finish T21 to transfer crew not needed for T71 :(

EstelleHertz

Pro tip: don't sell chaffee :) The last time they excluded chaffee from a tier5 contest, they forgot ELC...

M24 will be nerfed eventually I'm afraid...

Edited by shaaggy, 29 January 2014 - 10:35 AM.

szuper #33 Posted 29 January 2014 - 11:02 AM

Private

• Player
  • 26508 battles

View PostFreakaMan, on 28 January 2014 - 06:35 PM, said:

EU Community fails once again. Dudes aren't you getting tired of being called out for incompetence?

Clicking the image in the post leads to:

http://worldoftanks....he_cup,_5_by_5/

which contains a button called TOURNAMENT RULES

which leads to http://worldoftanks....company-series/

also contains a button called RULES VIOLATION

which leads to http://forum.worldof...company-series/

and 3 more buttons that lead to links regarding the Easy8 competition.

I mean, how lazy can you be to reuse a template but not bother at least deleting the old links if you can't replace them with something new?

...SilentStalker of FTR is so right about you lot...

Hopefully, next time SerB is in EU he cleans your group up a bit, I'd say about half of you don't deserve your jobs.

they did this every single time... post the cup, forgot to change the links, maps, battle type, so almost everything, and they change cruicial infos and post it on the last day in the forum... so fair.

shaaggy #34 Posted 29 January 2014 - 11:58 AM

Private

• Player
  • 21997 battles
Don't cry... They still work better than Polish Community Team... On Second Tank Company Missions we had descriptions in Spanish instead of Polish oO

Ubertron_X #35 Posted 29 January 2014 - 12:07 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 30657 battles

Chaffee it is then.

Well perhaps not entirely but a majority of team will have a lot of them.

Best view range - check

Scout camo while moving - check

Enough speed to either dictate the battle or react fast as heck - check

Penetration - check

DPM - check

Decent HP - check

Dead3yez #36 Posted 29 January 2014 - 01:04 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Clan Commander
  • 29046 battles

View PostUbertron_X, on 29 January 2014 - 11:07 AM, said:

Chaffee it is then.

Well perhaps not entirely but a majority of team will have a lot of them.

Best view range - check

Scout camo while moving - check

Enough speed to either dictate the battle or react fast as heck - check

Penetration - check

DPM - check

Decent HP - check

Yup. Only thing it's lacking is Alpha, Armour and a little bit of HP. It renders 95% of other tier 5 tanks obsolete.

Do you enjoy playing the middle tiers? And, by middle tiers we mean Chaffee with the highest MM for tier 5! If the answer is "yes", this tournament is for you!

^Fixed.

BiJay #37 Posted 29 January 2014 - 01:21 PM

Private

• Player
  • 3175 battles
Not hugely important but why's there a minimum point restriction? Are 5 loltraktors too strong? Having less points than the max seems as an disadvantage. So why not just say 25 points and if teams have less it's their handicap.

shaaggy #38 Posted 29 January 2014 - 03:27 PM

Private

• Player
  • 21997 battles

Because some teams might want to play with 4x KV-1's and one T-50 for example which is 24 points.

Some masochists might play with 5x tier 3 tanks also ;)

I believe the bottom border is made for a lol teams which struggle to get 5 ppl online at specific hour.

Edited by shaaggy, 29 January 2014 - 03:28 PM.

Ubertron_X #39 Posted 29 January 2014 - 04:38 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 30657 battles

View PostDead3yez, on 29 January 2014 - 12:04 PM, said:

Yup. Only thing it's lacking is Alpha, Armour and a little bit of HP. It renders 95% of other tier 5 tanks obsolete.

Do you enjoy playing the middle tiers? And, by middle tiers we mean Chaffee with the highest MM for tier 5! If the answer is "yes", this tournament is for you!

^Fixed.

If you are a crack shot you could try a 5x SU-122A setup going TD mode, one-shotting Chaffee's all the time. :izmena:

alliancemd #40 Posted 29 January 2014 - 06:57 PM

Private

• Player
  • 9348 battles

View Postshaaggy, on 29 January 2014 - 10:25 AM, said:

What else you expected? VK28 nerfed and moved tier up, T-50-2 nerfed and moved tier up so only logical choice is Chaffee - the last old school scout (I meant the scouts from first WoT versions).

KV-1 and other T5 tanks don't stand a chance alone without Chaffee due to lack of view range. It's like playing the T6 Company with 10 KV-1Ses versus 10 Hellcat(Cromwell) line up. Outcome is obvious as long as it's open map.

I'd say that on first map which is Himmelsdorf 2 KV-1 will do the job and rest of tanks must be mobile. Chaffee are obvious choice due to superior view range (20m more than Leopard and 30m more then any other T5 reasonable medium tank). However possible line ups might include Wolverine's M7's T-34 and Pz III/IV as a substitute of M24 Chaffee.

Wolverine have great RoF and low alpha dmg isn't an issue on that tank, with good crew skills this might be great passive spotter with ability to protect base or flank.

M7, T-34 and Pz III/IV are good medium tanks with good mobility and reasonable view ranges (maybe excluding T-34), their strong is in great RoF and maneuverability but they still not as good as M24s.

I don't really see ELC in this tournament - It's small and fast, but his only job might be to be passive TD/spoter and it's not enough for only 5 tanks per game limit.

AT-2 isn't a choice either - great armor but you can't move it from base.

Shame on me due to my laziness... I could had Chaffee long time ago but I just can't force myself to finish T21 to transfer crew not needed for T71 :(

M24 will be nerfed eventually I'm afraid...

Don't forget 1 very important thing, Chaffee is a light tank and doesn't lose camo while moving, compared to the mediums you mentioned that also don't have the HP, nor the penetration, nor the damage per minute of the Chaffee.

View PostDead3yez, on 29 January 2014 - 01:04 PM, said:

^Fixed.

Who needs Alpha in low tier battles? Preferable better fire rate, you damage the modules and don't let them regenerate in time = ammo racks exploding and tanks getting on fire...

With the penetration of Chaffee, armour in this competition is not important, even KV-1 can't hold Chaffee shots...

HP? Chaffee has HP of a tier 5 "HEAVY TANK".

View PostUbertron_X, on 29 January 2014 - 04:38 PM, said:

If you are a crack shot you could try a 5x SU-122A setup going TD mode, one-shotting Chaffee's all the time. :izmena:

1. with 340 view range you think you will even get to see a Chaffee?

2. with 7 seconds aim time, how do expect to land at least 1 shot on a Chaffee if he goes 56 km/h and has great maneuverability and can shoot without problems on the move?

Edited by alliancemd, 29 January 2014 - 06:57 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users