Gold ammo

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
18 replies to this topic

Stanislaus #1 Posted 26 April 2011 - 08:12 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 1021 battles
I must be the only idiot not using gold ammo, time and again I get hits which in 1500+ games in beta I never got. Getting 1 shooted by guns which would normally under ideal conditions would put me yes close to death but not kill me and no notification of ammo rack or fuel tank hit instant kill. Gun has 300 damage my vehicle has 360, gun does 300,yet 1 shot kill, vehicle has 450 hp just the same and I am sitting here thinking what the fuck, never happened in beta (confirmed by who shot me message). Then again I get hit like it used to until the other game a tac nuke hits me again, same vehicle different player.

I know its a money maker for you but hell its completely stupid.
If you are so keen of money making why not offer a tac nuke warhead for 20000 gold insta round win.

Nathaniak #2 Posted 26 April 2011 - 08:20 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 5272 battles
Maybe they hit your weak spots? What do you drive?

Snib #3 Posted 26 April 2011 - 08:28 PM

First Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 18888 battles
1. Stop whining.
2. Learn to read, it says average damage.
3. Gold ammo gives a penetration bonus, not a damage bonus.

Stanislaus #4 Posted 26 April 2011 - 08:34 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 1021 battles

View PostNathaniak, on 26 April 2011 - 08:20 PM, said:

Maybe they hit your weak spots? What do you drive?

Oh the weak spot card? Pall I might not have played such a number of games as others but I played my share, and at the moment a hell lot of dudes seem to be playing with gold ammo, far more than they used to be during beta when there was free gold.
If Wargaming wants to cater to the "my credit card is bigger crowd" than I am out. Prem tanks are bad enough but I can see a merit behind it, but this is getting out of hand. There are enough complains already about the M6 super tank with players buying gold ammo, while short term this might be good for the company in the long run they will get bitten in the ass.

Naeron66 #5 Posted 26 April 2011 - 08:49 PM

First Sergeant

• Veteran
  • 8450 battles

View PostStanislaus, on 26 April 2011 - 08:12 PM, said:

I must be the only idiot not using gold ammo, time and again I get hits which in 1500+ games in beta I never got. Getting 1 shooted by guns which would normally under ideal conditions would put me yes close to death but not kill me and no notification of ammo rack or fuel tank hit instant kill. Gun has 300 damage my vehicle has 360, gun does 300,yet 1 shot kill, vehicle has 450 hp just the same and I am sitting here thinking what the fuck, never happened in beta (confirmed by who shot me message). Then again I get hit like it used to until the other game a tac nuke hits me again, same vehicle different player.

I know its a money maker for you but hell its completely stupid.
If you are so keen of money making why not offer a tac nuke warhead for 20000 gold insta round win.

Other than the 75mm/L58 Konisch on the the VK3601 Gold AP ammo never significantly increases damage (I think there are a couple of guns where it does 5-10 more).

Firstly damage quoted on the research screen is the average, it can do more or less. Secondly you can be hit twice at the same time and you only get the kill message for 1 player unless the other manages to damage a module.

SastusBulbas #6 Posted 26 April 2011 - 08:52 PM

First Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 24089 battles

View PostSnib, on 26 April 2011 - 08:28 PM, said:

1. Stop whining.
2. Learn to read, it says average damage.
3. Gold ammo gives a penetration bonus, not a damage bonus.

No, depends on tank, and on average more penetration equates to getting the full damage. Try it. With the Ram II I get more damage per shot with premium when hitting the Premium US M4. Same with the T-54, face on against IS-7, Maus, Ausf B I get more damage per hit due to getting more penetration.

I use premium ammo in tanks like the Pz 38f, Churchill, Ram II (superb with premium), VK-3601, T-54 to name a few. Some tanks get superb penetration that allows you to damage higher tiers and get better XP.

I believe the A-32 and VK-3601 get slightly more damage too.

Stanislaus #7 Posted 26 April 2011 - 09:26 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 1021 battles
Then why just not get rid of it ?
Unless you want to promote youre game proves vs the size of your wallet.
Coin paid ammo gives you 99% of the the time an advantage, while its good for the company in the short term because ppl will tell their friends unless you have a big credit card skip this game, while this is an exaggeration thats the way its headed.
Stop it, scrap it, theres no need for it.
Prem Tanks are ok I and many others can see the benefit , while prem ammo thats just plain stupid, just because you have some oligarchies in russia doesn´t mean the rest of the world has to follow you!

Heggs #8 Posted 26 April 2011 - 09:34 PM

Lance-corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 10040 battles
Before release I took 3 months away from playing and when I came back I had 15k gold.I tried gold tanks,ammo etc and to be honest I didn't see much point in gold ammo.The only reason I can see to use it is in a clan fight type situation and even then it will make meh difference tbh.

Naeron66 #9 Posted 26 April 2011 - 09:51 PM

First Sergeant

• Veteran
  • 8450 battles

View PostStanislaus, on 26 April 2011 - 09:26 PM, said:

Then why just not get rid of it ?
Unless you want to promote youre game proves vs the size of your wallet.
Coin paid ammo gives you 99% of the the time an advantage, while its good for the company in the short term because ppl will tell their friends unless you have a big credit card skip this game, while this is an exaggeration thats the way its headed.
Stop it, scrap it, theres no need for it.
Prem Tanks are ok I and many others can see the benefit , while prem ammo thats just plain stupid, just because you have some oligarchies in russia doesn´t mean the rest of the world has to follow you!

Because you are wrong. You have read average damage as being the only damage a gun can do when in fact its a range, my T-34-85's gun says Average Damage 160" but when you look on the service screen it says "Damage: 120-200" so I can do between 25% less and 25% more damage than it lists on the gun description (as does every gun).

So yes, a Gun that lists a 300 average can do up to 375 and kill your 360HP tank in one shot.

Premium ammo does not cause more damage, it raises the chance of doing damage and if the tank you are shooting at isn't a couple of tiers higher than you its wasted penetration anyway.

Unless you are rich it is pointless spending money on premium ammo in random games, its about the same as throwing money down the tiolet. The only time when its required is in competitions like Ural Steel because you can be certain that everyone else will be using it.

The Dev's don't live in Russia and are not Russian, learn some geography.

SastusBulbas #10 Posted 26 April 2011 - 10:25 PM

First Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 24089 battles
My premium ammo is running out, why did I buy it, for fun and a bit of an edge, simple really. No it's not worth it and it may be a while before I do such again, but I bought all three premium packages and my fave premium, the Ram, a tank that gets mixed battles and has a nice RoF. Premium ammo suited this well when I wanted the little XP boost and pazazz of penetrating higher tiers, it was equiped with vent and rammer and 100% crew to get the max RoF LOL.

We knew some would use this when the game was released, it's available so people will use it. Pay to win? yes it can be, quite simply I am confident I can take out a Ram II before he can take me out as I get better penetration with premium ammo, vents, rammer and 100% crew, when I had premium I was dog fighting M6 premiums. On average a kill can be achieved in a few rounds less, you may walk away with less hits, but really, a bit expensive, more suited to comps or a treat for a new player with a lot of gold.

Took a KV out with premium ammo in a Churchill tonight, standard ammo was not penetrating what he had on show, (2nd turret but no fancy 107mm or 152mm so lucky me) I just picked away at him with premium when my standard ammo did not penetrate. Got around 15 rounds left in there.

Scrap #11 Posted 26 April 2011 - 10:29 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 6667 battles
  • [-VIC-] -VIC-

View PostNaeron66, on 26 April 2011 - 09:51 PM, said:

The Dev's don't live in Russia and are not Russian, learn some geography.
This makes it all the more puzzling. I know that Belarus is not simply "White Russia". I know that Belarus actually has a separate history and culture. I know that the people of Belarus have their own language and have their roots many centuries old.

That said still only about 25% of Belarusians apparently speak and write in their own language, preferring Russian. They form very close ties with Russia. Their organizations, money and political scene resembles Russian. Now this can all be due to historical ties to the geographical and cultural area of Slavic tribes of the past. Meaning Belarus has such as much claim to these things and they can't be considered just Russian or based on Russia.

Still if they are not Russian why make such decisions as this:
http://forum.worldof...nglish-version/

(If you can't be bothered to check the thread basically Russian tanks enjoy higher camo values, although being bigger than their German or American counterparts several tires lower)

Stanislaus #12 Posted 27 April 2011 - 07:38 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 1021 battles
Funny I know enough players and even a poster some posts above said it, they use gold ammo to "shine", yet here I am being blamed to be a whiner and bad player, while I am certainly not the most stellar player in the world I see my self as the average guy. Yet this guy played enough games in CB and OB to know a little of this game and even tried to lure friends into it.
Yet I see battles now which didn´t happen before period, only conclusion gold ammo, fair enough. But Why is it in game in the first place?
And to all those who say only with the conical gun etc even with the 152mm KV derp gun and thats the worst example it still increases your damage potential. I.e. higher tier battles now you can troll the IS 4 and tiger IIs real bad while it sounds good wallets shouldn´t give you that much of an edge.  
If you insist on it then make it an unlockable like you need a certain medal to buy it.  :Smile-izmena:

Dewirix #13 Posted 27 April 2011 - 08:50 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 9620 battles

View PostStanislaus, on 27 April 2011 - 07:38 AM, said:

I.e. higher tier battles now you can troll the IS 4 and tiger IIs real bad while it sounds good wallets shouldn´t give you that much of an edge.

I'm not fussed about gold ammo. Maybe it's different when you've already reached top tier, but as someone who's currently grinding for my first medium I'm well aware I'm going to face people on the field who can do much more damage to me than I can possibly do to them. Whether that's because of premium ammo, or simply that they've got a better tank makes precisely no difference.

At the end of the day, it's how well you play your tank that matters the most.

Cartman666 #14 Posted 27 April 2011 - 09:18 AM

First Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 17775 battles
  • [ASOP] ASOP
The problem with gold ammo is that howitzers with HE ammo get the penetration of AP and therefore the target gets the full damage. Accuracy may be lower, reloading times higher but with the strange spotting system camping tanks with gold ammo have a big advantage as they get the first shot and this most likely kills the target.
A KV with 152mm gun with gold ammo has 206 penetration (more than the 8.8 L/71) and 700 damage. A T29 with 105mm gun and normal AP ammo has less penetration and half the damage but is two tiers higher...

Stanislaus #15 Posted 27 April 2011 - 09:40 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 1021 battles

View PostCartman666, on 27 April 2011 - 09:18 AM, said:

The problem with gold ammo is that howitzers with HE ammo get the penetration of AP and therefore the target gets the full damage. Accuracy may be lower, reloading times higher but with the strange spotting system camping tanks with gold ammo have a big advantage as they get the first shot and this most likely kills the target.
A KV with 152mm gun with gold ammo has 206 penetration (more than the 8.8 L/71) and 700 damage. A T29 with 105mm gun and normal AP ammo has less penetration and half the damage but is two tiers higher...

See Point taken and its not only that I whored gold ammo in my Stug III and it made a HUGE difference all the ney sayer you either didnt play or you you are dead out liars.  :Smile-izmena:

incurably #16 Posted 27 April 2011 - 10:59 AM

First Sergeant

• Clan Commander
  • 18876 battles
  • [FAME] FAME
i dont egt why people think gold ammo is useless
in randoms i would say yes only if you have so much expendable income that your keyboard is made out of pure gold
but that only makes it expensive to use not bad

gold ammo in fact is totally awesome
the differece is like

could not penetrate .-> can penetrate at wierd angles

Dateq #17 Posted 06 October 2011 - 12:29 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 7610 battles
For all games game balance is imo extremely important and in this game you can buy it.  

A game can be rated on several things and the price is one of them. And if you want to play this game seriously in therms of getting the maxed out performance of your tank it can be a very expensive game, only because of gold ammo and premium consumables.

For example games like world of warcraft are a lot cheaper if you want to play it seriously. It has a monthly subscription but, you can do everything (performance of your character wise) without having a disadvantage in the game. It also has extras you can buy but it doesn't effect the game balance.

Same goes for example games with 1 time payment > play the game for the rest of your life (like counter strike or battlefield).

Dateq #18 Posted 06 October 2011 - 12:31 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 7610 battles

View Postincurably, on 27 April 2011 - 10:59 AM, said:

i dont egt why people think gold ammo is useless
in randoms i would say yes only if you have so much expendable income that your keyboard is made out of pure gold
but that only makes it expensive to use not bad

gold ammo in fact is totally awesome
the differece is like

could not penetrate .-> can penetrate at wierd angles

This is true indeed. Sometimes you really notice the difference in clan wars.

posthumecaver #19 Posted 06 October 2011 - 02:10 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 9379 battles
Sorry but 3601H with conical cannon and gold ammo, is something everybody should experience.....

When I am depressed with Tier 9/10 battles or one shot hits from artilleries, I just drive the 3601H with conical gun and gold, just to remember me that a game should be about fun, not grinding all the time...

Imagining the face of an E-75 or IS-4 driver how the hell a 3601 killed them inside of 30s.....