very strange ban happened

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

LUNSSI #1 Posted 01 February 2014 - 01:28 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 14740 battles

Hello. A rather strange thing happened.

2 players from seperate clans recieved a ban. both bans hapenned at precisely the same time. and niether player knows any legitiimate reason why they should be banned. I respect thier honesty in this.

so.. has anyone ever experienced anything like this?

for the record it was not via the autoban system from in game reports and so I am utterly lost as to why this may have happened.

what the...

Effing_Drako #2 Posted 01 February 2014 - 01:32 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 26671 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-
cake is what i believe what you wanted to say

soolerman #3 Posted 01 February 2014 - 08:01 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 24366 battles

Well I would speculate that:-

Someone at wg EU has band the wrong people. This would not surprise me as they seem incapable of finding there collective a*s with an atlas.

That they have p*ssed off some one at wg EU and that person has misused the ban system to get back at them. More than possible and something I have seen happen on other badly run company's like this one.

That they did something to get them band and are fibbing to you about that. But you seem to think this is unlikely.

I can think of some other possibility's. Mostly involving aliens or alcohol or both. But one of the above looks to be your best bet.

As for your question if people have had similar ban issues. I had a problem on a forum some years back with a moderator that would just ban people willy-nilly from time to time. Perhaps he now works for wg? I also got a warning on this forum because staff clearly cant read English and have no sense of humour. I have also seen one or two posts on other forums by people complaining about wg staff supposedly persecuting them by using the ban system. Although I didn't fined any of the clams to sound even vaguely credible and no evidence was ever provided as back up.

ABRAXAS25 #4 Posted 01 February 2014 - 09:21 AM

Private

• Beta Tester
  • 2681 battles
I received a ban for calling a bigoted idiot a moron (he said the disabled were [edited]), the stated reason was excessive language (with no prior warning I might add)!  I appealed but the (yeah right) support team just denied me, I asked for the evidence of the 'excessive' language and was told (paraphrasing here) to suck it up and behave next time.   Some of the moderators need to be retrained and all ought to be singing from the same songsheet as there is a complete lack consistency as some are fair and others have let the power go their heads and swing the banhammer just for the fun of it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users