Jump to content


Cowardly Players


  • This topic is locked This topic is locked
31 replies to this topic

TigerTankTrackAttack #1 Posted 03 February 2014 - 10:07 PM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 6574 battles
  • 282
  • Member since:
    08-24-2012
Let me set the scene. I was leading a protecting the flank against 4 tanks (T25/2, AT8 Churchill 7 and Hellcat) and help FINALLY help arrives, what happens next? They get shot once with the puny 75mm gun of the Churchill and they all run away like they had just seen a Maus come round the corner. I am being shot to death by 4 tanks, screaming for help and what do they do? They sit there, staring at me and just waiting. I am almost dead, then a Nashorn arrives. He gets a shot in, but loses 200 hp. Result? Same thing. He retreats 2 buildings away and after I died he dies too. Another one happened like this about 10 minutes ago. I was in my AT2 storming the base before the enemies can cap, and there is a Chi-Nu, who got shot by a StuG (With the L/70) soiling himself in a bush behind a rock. He is just sitting there! And the next player on my team? Nothing special, just a Pz 1c camping in a bush looking the wrong way expecting enemies. I find that these days World of Tanks players have hit an all time low in skill, excluding x3 and x5 events. Can someone enlighten me why this is happening? Or is it one of those phases that comes and goes.

Effing_Drako #2 Posted 03 February 2014 - 10:08 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 25410 battles
  • 7,616
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-
  • Member since:
    04-11-2011
There is such a thing as retreating

TigerTankTrackAttack #3 Posted 03 February 2014 - 10:35 PM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 6574 battles
  • 282
  • Member since:
    08-24-2012

View Postdrakozaurs, on 03 February 2014 - 09:08 PM, said:

There is such a thing as retreating

 

As I've seen, there are 2 definitions of retreating, 1) Falling back to a safe position, and 2) crapping yourself and running all the way back to the base. In which case, the second definition is the most prominent. 

 

I don't think you've read my post properly. a Nashorn has 600 health, and he gets shot once, losing only 200 health. If I were him, I'd put a shot into someone before retreating, and then when I retreat only go around the corner. Not running all the way back to the moon.



John_Preston #4 Posted 03 February 2014 - 10:38 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 17436 battles
  • 6,373
  • Member since:
    10-13-2012
nah....a true man stands still and lets the enemy shot his tank

TigerTankTrackAttack #5 Posted 04 February 2014 - 05:21 PM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 6574 battles
  • 282
  • Member since:
    08-24-2012

View PostJohn_Preston, on 03 February 2014 - 09:38 PM, said:

nah....a true man stands still and lets the enemy shot his tank

 

Or you could be smart and angle your armour. That doesn't work for some TDs, but still, there is such a thing as angling, peek-a-boo and sidescraping.



CipherGalmOne #6 Posted 04 February 2014 - 05:39 PM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 19996 battles
  • 138
  • Member since:
    08-05-2011
You should always play as if you are the only player in your team, the rest of your team is just mindless decoys that are there to soak up damage for you. If you want teamwork, get a platoon going, don't expect it from randoms because you really have to know what you're doing to coerce randoms into doing something they wouldn't normally do, and it usually starts with you taking the first hit anyway.

Andreas1999 #7 Posted 04 February 2014 - 09:23 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 7624 battles
  • 743
  • [O-L-E] O-L-E
  • Member since:
    06-11-2011

If you were brave you wouldn't complain. It happened to me hundreds of times, I never wrote about it as you can either fight in first line either camp near base. It's optionnal.

 

And the fear of getting virtually killed is strange but true.



TigerTankTrackAttack #8 Posted 04 February 2014 - 11:05 PM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 6574 battles
  • 282
  • Member since:
    08-24-2012

View PostAndreas1999, on 04 February 2014 - 08:23 PM, said:

I never wrote about it as you can either fight in first line either camp near base. It's optional. And the fear of getting virtually killed is strange but true.

 

Well, it's frustrating either way. And if you're in an IS-3, top tier and sniping in a bush, you would be bringing your team down. Not just that one person, your whole team. If you were in a tier 10 game, so be it. But at least do something before you die. Such as a heroic charge where you take someone down with you.



Andreas1999 #9 Posted 05 February 2014 - 02:04 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 7624 battles
  • 743
  • [O-L-E] O-L-E
  • Member since:
    06-11-2011

View PostTigerTankTrackAttack, on 04 February 2014 - 11:05 PM, said:

 

Well, it's frustrating either way. And if you're in an IS-3, top tier and sniping in a bush, you would be bringing your team down. Not just that one person, your whole team. If you were in a tier 10 game, so be it. But at least do something before you die. Such as a heroic charge where you take someone down with you.

 

Well, here's my advice;

1) Deal with it, get used to it.

2) It's just a game, it's not a problem to watch an epic fail.

3) Think "It could have been worse".

4) Omg this stuff happens so many times nobody cares.



LUNSSI #10 Posted 05 February 2014 - 02:14 PM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 14730 battles
  • 2,370
  • Member since:
    06-13-2013

so this off topic section of the forum is for off topic i.e. non WOT related and yet...

 

 

hodor!



Ragnar_Lotbruk #11 Posted 05 February 2014 - 02:16 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 26700 battles
  • 28
  • Member since:
    05-24-2011
Well cowards could be so often seen, that there isn't point to talk about that. There are lots of kids and unexperienced players who play and always will be... What really goes on my nerves, though, are eff gatherers who, although play good tanks, never go out of cover, dont shot if there is a chance to miss, wait till enemies are crippled.... and then charge, finish of enemies, steal all kills and get medals and credits! There must be a way to stop this! The only option is to balance the tanks - nerf some tanks that r used in this purpose (like Hellcat and so)...

Andreas1999 #12 Posted 05 February 2014 - 02:23 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 7624 battles
  • 743
  • [O-L-E] O-L-E
  • Member since:
    06-11-2011

View Postvladdda, on 05 February 2014 - 02:16 PM, said:

Well cowards could be so often seen, that there isn't point to talk about that. There are lots of kids and unexperienced players who play and always will be... What really goes on my nerves, though, are eff gatherers who, although play good tanks, never go out of cover, dont shot if there is a chance to miss, wait till enemies are crippled.... and then charge, finish of enemies, steal all kills and get medals and credits! There must be a way to stop this! The only option is to balance the tanks - nerf some tanks that r used in this purpose (like Hellcat and so)...

 

Kids... you mean maturity or simply kids?

 



Ragnar_Lotbruk #13 Posted 05 February 2014 - 03:13 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 26700 battles
  • 28
  • Member since:
    05-24-2011

View PostAndreas1999, on 05 February 2014 - 02:23 PM, said:

 

Kids... you mean maturity or simply kids?

 

I was reffering to players younger then 12 who by default play pointless...



Andreas1999 #14 Posted 05 February 2014 - 03:18 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 7624 battles
  • 743
  • [O-L-E] O-L-E
  • Member since:
    06-11-2011

View Postvladdda, on 05 February 2014 - 03:13 PM, said:

I was reffering to players younger then 12 who by default play pointless...

 

I've seen kids younger than 12 play well.



Desyatnik_Pansy #15 Posted 05 February 2014 - 03:40 PM

    Bartender

  • Player
  • 14975 battles
  • 25,562
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-
  • Member since:
    04-19-2013

View PostArnold_Judas_Rimmer, on 05 February 2014 - 01:14 PM, said:

so this off topic section of the forum is for off topic i.e. non WOT related and yet...

 

I wish that was the case but sadly it doesn't seem to be as much as one might  hope. :harp:



Ohaithar #16 Posted 05 February 2014 - 03:45 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 407 battles
  • 1,918
  • Member since:
    01-15-2014
Churchie gun o duum so stonk D:

TigerTankTrackAttack #17 Posted 05 February 2014 - 05:11 PM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 6574 battles
  • 282
  • Member since:
    08-24-2012

View PostArnold_Judas_Rimmer, on 05 February 2014 - 01:14 PM, said:

so this off topic section of the forum is for off topic i.e. non WOT related and yet...

 

Well you tell me where I was supposed to put it and I'll change it. As I've seen, this type of topic doesn't fit anywhere other than Off-Topic.


Edited by TigerTankTrackAttack, 05 February 2014 - 05:11 PM.


TigerTankTrackAttack #18 Posted 05 February 2014 - 05:15 PM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 6574 battles
  • 282
  • Member since:
    08-24-2012
It makes me wish I had a tier 9/10, because at least then people know how to play properly, instead of lemming trains. I was at my friend's house and he allowed me to play 1 battle in his M103 and I did rather well, I recall I had 3 kills and 2k dmg? Also earned him his USA kills badge after killing the enemy SPG.

Effing_Drako #19 Posted 05 February 2014 - 05:16 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 25410 battles
  • 7,616
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-
  • Member since:
    04-11-2011

View PostTigerTankTrackAttack, on 05 February 2014 - 04:15 PM, said:

It makes me wish I had a tier 9/10, because at least then people know how to play properly, instead of lemming trains. I was at my friend's house and he allowed me to play 1 battle in his M103 and I did rather well, I recall I had 3 kills and 2k dmg? Also earned him his USA kills badge after killing the enemy SPG.

9/10's arent much better



LUNSSI #20 Posted 05 February 2014 - 05:36 PM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 14730 battles
  • 2,370
  • Member since:
    06-13-2013

View PostTigerTankTrackAttack, on 05 February 2014 - 04:11 PM, said:

 

Well you tell me where I was supposed to put it and I'll change it. As I've seen, this type of topic doesn't fit anywhere other than Off-Topic.


general discussion.

 

this is world of tanks forum thus off topic would be non wot related.






1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users