Sad Quitting rather than Rage Quitting

Sad qutting MM

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
18 replies to this topic

gibbet #1 Posted 05 February 2014 - 01:01 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 19132 battles

After playing games ever since 'Pong' or over 30 years to put my gaming into perspective I have played pretty much every type of game on almost every platform both locally and on-line.

I am seriously thinking about quitting this game which is a shame as it was the first game after M1 Abrams that gave me the chance to drive a tank in-game.

However the game is no longer giving me what I need out of a game and that is satisfaction. I am not the best player in the world 48.58-48.8% over approx 12000 games, but the reasons for me  to leave are actually very simple.

I am being punished for tryin to improve.

To explain or unpack this is not too complicated either. In any other game as you improve you get a reward. In this game as it stands as I improve I have less chance to be in a team with a fair chance of winning so my return on my investment of time and yes money is diminishing.

Outside of gold vs creds for gold ammo discussion etc. I have seen that there is a dramatic discrepancy in ROI (Return on Investment). By playing another account from scratch with no gold and even with the pain of the grind my Win Rate is 53-54% and possibly rising and let us just say everyone is equally bad or perhaps I am actually better than indicated, at least I have had some better balanced teams than I have seen for months on my full on account.

Yes you do get seal clubbed, but that does not account for the difference in satisfaction or in Win Rate. Playing the same tank i.e in my case the T18 seal clubber tank on both accounts gives totally different results so there is a skew in at least 1 parameter.

So how does WG go forward I have no idea, but I suspect I am not the only player who is becoming very disappointed, not with the game itself, but with the "good feeling" that comes with a sense of achievement.

I am still hopeful that something will come out from sensible discussion, but I suspect that is not particularly likely on a forum, but it is the best I can do.

Gibbet

IPaul72 #2 Posted 05 February 2014 - 01:11 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 8123 battles

Hello gibbet 

Sorry to hear you are seriously considering leaving :sad: (I know I shouldn't say this probably) but sometimes a rest is as good as a break you know. Maybe wait a little while to see whats in the the pipelines so to speak. 

Sometimes you can get too much of one thing and it seems to grind you rather than you enjoying it. If I could, I would say .. have a well deserved rest for a little while, then come back anew. 

Kind Regards

IPaul72

BrusilovX #3 Posted 05 February 2014 - 01:11 PM

Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 19322 battles
  • [TWC] TWC

Well, by creating a new account and starting there your efficiency on that account should be better than your old account to reflect the fact that your skills have improved over time.

I honestly don't think it's worth it to start a new account to get better stats as you will lose all the 'gains' you made on the original account.

I think one of the problems with WoT is that as you get to play higher tiers the quality of your team mates can have a bigger impact on the results.  Basically, if your team consists of a bunch of muppets playing heavies that have no clue how to play a heavy then your team is more likely to lose the game.  A typical example of this is Sacred Valley where more often than not the high ter heavy tanks will not contest the North (high) road which means if the enemy team does not do the same then your team will lose the hill and be flanked.

Private_Miros #4 Posted 05 February 2014 - 01:19 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 25238 battles
  • [EMU87] EMU87

View Postgibbet, on 05 February 2014 - 12:01 PM, said:

I am being punished for tryin to improve.

To explain or unpack this is not too complicated either. In any other game as you improve you get a reward. In this game as it stands as I improve I have less chance to be in a team with a fair chance of winning so my return on my investment of time and yes money is diminishing.

Say what?

You do get a reward for improving in WoT. You get more fun, you get more xp, you get more credits, you win more (which then gives you more xp and credits).

VeryRisky #5 Posted 05 February 2014 - 01:21 PM

General

• Player
  • 17127 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

I can see no reason to create a new account.  Your stats are not the objective of the game apart from your stats in the game you are playing.   Ignore the historic stats and concentrate on you stats for the last month or two and try and improve your play and see the results.

Overall stats don't really matter, recent ones do and if people underestimate you due to your overall stats, use that to your advantage.

PartyTanker #6 Posted 05 February 2014 - 01:24 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 33398 battles
  • [PARTY] PARTY

View PostIPaul72, on 05 February 2014 - 01:11 PM, said:

Hello gibbet 

Sorry to hear you are seriously considering leaving :sad: (I know I shouldn't say this probably) but sometimes a rest is as good as a break you know. Maybe wait a little while to see whats in the the pipelines so to speak. 

Sometimes you can get too much of one thing and it seems to grind you rather than you enjoying it. If I could, I would say .. have a well deserved rest for a little while, then come back anew. 

Kind Regards

IPaul72

I made a topic specifically to ask you guys about what is 'in the pipelines' :blinky:. In it many others share the same sentiment and ask themselves if WG has any plans at all to adress the significant drop in average gaming skill of team members in random battles.

I would be much obliged if you (or one of your colleagues) gave a direct response instead of this ineffectual pat on the shoulders.

deveen23 #7 Posted 05 February 2014 - 01:31 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 37737 battles
  • [322] 322
I'd concentrate more on some of the other numbers, like WN7 or WN8, which in your case show relatively modest improvement over time. It's really fairly simple, the better you perform overall, the higher your win rate and your satisfaction level gets. Of course, you can get into all kind of different teams, but as long as you concentrate on your own performance, it should show in overall numbers.

AnthonyRMcG #8 Posted 05 February 2014 - 01:35 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 4775 battles

I play the game in small doses and enjoy it more than my mates who play 100 games a day. 

Played 6 games yesterday with a win rate of 83.33% and turned the game off, satisfied and with a big smile. 

I have mates who would win 5 out of 6 and then play for another 4 hours, thinking they are invincible. Only to rage quit at 3am with a WR of 25% :eyesup:

krazypenguin #9 Posted 05 February 2014 - 01:37 PM

Major

• Player
  • 27097 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

OP - I'm not sure I understand?  If you start a new account of course your stats will be MUCH better - you already know how to play the game and are not carrying the baggage of the thousands and thousands of battles that your current account has where you were learning the game.

Also, of course it is much harder to see a quick increase in your WR on your first account because it has 12,000 battles.  Winning even 50 games in a row will not overly affect your account's overall win rate.  It takes a LONG time and a LOT OF BATTLES to see an improvement on overall WR.

As to what sort of team or MM you get - there is no proof at all that different accounts get different teams or MM or that having premium account or spending money on the game impacts this either.

Mko #10 Posted 05 February 2014 - 02:10 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 16132 battles

According to Noobmeter, you are improving. Use it to track your progress. If you are really fed up with the game, just take a break. I already had multiple breaks like this...just completely stopped playing for a couple of months and then came back.

If you want to win battles, play in platoons. But you have to play with some competent people. Best to play with people slightly better than you, you will win and you can also learn from them.

protos #11 Posted 05 February 2014 - 02:11 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 29816 battles

View Postdeveen23, on 05 February 2014 - 02:31 PM, said:

...the better you perform overall, the higher your win rate and your satisfaction level gets.

Umm, not really... The better you get, the more you tend to notice all the stupidity in random battles and that usually turns into frustration. My wr and performance are high, but the overall enjoyment of the game - not too much.

deveen23 #12 Posted 05 February 2014 - 02:12 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 37737 battles
  • [322] 322

View Postprotos, on 05 February 2014 - 02:11 PM, said:

Umm, not really... The better you get, the more you tend to notice all the stupidity in random battles and that usually turns into frustration. My wr and performance are high, but the overall enjoyment of the game - not too much.

Point taken.

Private_Miros #13 Posted 05 February 2014 - 02:20 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 25238 battles
  • [EMU87] EMU87

View Postprotos, on 05 February 2014 - 01:11 PM, said:

I'd say it polarizes.

My overal enjoyment did get better. But my occasional frustration also got a lot worse, especially when I'm tired and not playing well myself, I really tend to see all the idiocy and rage about it. But if all goes well, I just shrug it away.

But yes, a seeing mistakes, both of yourself and of others is the turn side of improving. A 65% will see more mistakes he made during 1 game himself than 49% sees himself make in a month of WoT. That's also why the 49% believes in rigged and p2stats, etc.

OneSock #14 Posted 05 February 2014 - 02:59 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 33432 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM
Play team battle mode. I find it a refreshing way to play an enjoyable game without having to worry about the random MM trolling me or tomato teams or ... in 7x7 you have more influence on the outcome, although to be honest RNG still sucks if you get 4x bounces in a row, lol

Fingalf #15 Posted 05 February 2014 - 03:07 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 13409 battles

Statspadders will continue to statpadd. And vanilla players will continue to play for fun. It's 2 different gamestyles. Just chose one way to play, and enjoy the game. Dont thnk the difference betwen these kind of players have anything to do with skill. I't doesnt.

:tongue:

amc999 #16 Posted 05 February 2014 - 03:43 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 4157 battles

View Postprotos, on 05 February 2014 - 02:11 PM, said:

This.

+1 for describing exactly how I feel.

WG, these kind of posts are getting more and more frequent. Any chance someone cares? Any chance someone is noticing it? Some kind of light bulb is going off somewhere?

Ulv_Jaeger #17 Posted 05 February 2014 - 04:14 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 12872 battles

When you start the evening in a tank that you feel is victimised by MM, and sure enough your roll to 7 straight defeats normally being top three in your team, and rather than quit because you know your playing her right, you switch from EU2 to EU1, and then go on not losing another match all night and putting in a unicum stat performance to save the day, then you have to wonder what the deal is?

Dan_Abnormal #18 Posted 05 February 2014 - 04:15 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 32665 battles

View Postamc999, on 05 February 2014 - 02:43 PM, said:

This.

+1 for describing exactly how I feel.

WG, these kind of posts are getting more and more frequent. Any chance someone cares? Any chance someone is noticing it? Some kind of light bulb is going off somewhere?

But if your team really frustrates you to the point of wanting to quit, then surely that is what CW,Team Battles and Companies are for?

Personally I like randoms, even though I do get really frustrated with the teams it's still the best part of the game for me.

amc999 #19 Posted 06 February 2014 - 10:50 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 4157 battles

Off topic? Seriously? :facepalm:

Trying to figure out how WG staff operate can cause you to burn some brain cells in the process.

Also tagged with Sad, qutting, MM

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users