• This topic is locked This topic is locked
314 replies to this topic

Viper_Toffi #301 Posted 14 February 2014 - 11:45 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 16902 battles
  • [IRF] IRF

View PostDutchmul, on 14 February 2014 - 11:28 PM, said:

What a surprise, WG go all quiet and stop responding in the "official" lag thread when the problem isn't fixed, now where have I seen that sort of thing before.....oh I know, this thread here -  http://forum.worldof...ince-update-88/

Only thing that will get a response and the problem fixed is to stop paying them money, money talks for WG, cut off the cash flow and they will pay attention, anything else is a waste of time.

Dutchmul,

ehh, the problem is now that I can't play anymore, and thet mean that tah cash flow has stopped, and the same for many others, so I gess this already hurts on the cash flow to WoT. I also expect them to give back all the lost days of Premium due to this problem. :-)

darky_pl #302 Posted 14 February 2014 - 11:53 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 24024 battles
  • [6-45] 6-45

WG please you should move your pentium 5 servers to moon, it is better than now :mellow:

btw I have damn 200 ping both servers and lag . I am living Northern Cyprus

Edited by darkIsTheSunlght, 14 February 2014 - 11:55 PM.

Statue #303 Posted 14 February 2014 - 11:56 PM

Private

• Player
  • 61189 battles
  • [KAZNA] KAZNA

Lately I have had packet loss on one server at a time, being able to switch servers to at least make it better. Tonight it has been totally unplayable all night at both servers. I have plotted against other IPs as well, even to NA server, and getting no packet loss there. The problem seems to be with your servers, and also some packet loss at a link at cogentco, possibly from Oslo to Copenhagen. Fix this quickly or lose whatever playerbase you have left. Your customer support is not excactly helping your renomé at the moment...

Attached Thumbnails

DingIsHere #304 Posted 15 February 2014 - 12:00 AM

Colonel

• Clan Commander
  • 15975 battles
  • [4Q2] 4Q2

sent mine to support with your name mentioned..

do you want it here instead?

ps 7% packet loss on final server and 3% packet loss on penultimate hop, clear all rest.

oops, Kingdom of Yorkshire, UK

Edited by DingIsHere, 15 February 2014 - 12:01 AM.

Viper_Toffi #305 Posted 15 February 2014 - 12:22 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 16902 battles
  • [IRF] IRF

Seems the problem for me is the server it self:

Viper_Toffi #306 Posted 15 February 2014 - 12:39 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 16902 battles
  • [IRF] IRF

It seems for me that is is time to get an EU3 server in Stockholm/Oslo.

Just lock at this result, just after 00:12 local time, Package loss goes from 35% to 1%. I can suddenly play. Sadly it is way past my bed time. :-/

Kyriel #307 Posted 15 February 2014 - 12:39 AM

Private

• Beta Tester
  • 16354 battles
  • [-HSG-] -HSG-

well guys see you all tomorrow... im gonna get some sleep , but don't worry if it's WG tomorrow same time 16:00 PM GMT+1 will start again the nightmares...

Ps-for WG.:    INCOMPETENT TEAM

Sheksna #308 Posted 15 February 2014 - 12:51 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 32360 battles
  • [DRAW] DRAW

Just thought I'd point a few things out, since a lot of people seem to be interpreting the graphs wrong. That one of the nodes before the WG servers is showing up with packet loss, doesn't mean that it's actually dropping packets that would otherwise have gotten through to the servers. The packet loss is a representation of how many pings that has been sent to the node without a response. These are not servers, they are internet routers. Their job is to pass along packets, not to respond to ping requests. So especially when pinged aggressively, heavily burdened routers will prioritize the traffic going through it, not pings directed at it. If one node in the list is "dropping packets", but the next one right after it is not showing the same drop rate, that is a means the node that is "dropping packets" is actually working fine. It just isn't responding timely to ping requests all the time, which has no effect on the traffic further down the line.

I'll use one of my own plots as an example:

Spoiler

As you can see, the fifth node in the list is giving somewhat high average pings and some horrendous high outliers along with a couple of dropped packets. None of this is reflected further down the list, and since it's not propagating, it's not actually a problem. It has no relevance whatsoever to the fact that the server at the end of the list is dropping nearly 43% of packets. That is a problem, because that final node is not an internet router, that's the server you're actually trying to ping.

And that's another thing some here have asked. Why are we pinging the login servers? I think you can safely assume those login servers are located in the same facility, maybe even on the same hardware as the game servers, and thus on the same internet connections.

And yes, internet connections, plural. Another fairly safe assumption is that the servers are in a large datacentre facility, which is bound to have multiple different internet backbone providers. So players around Europe with different internet providers will be routed to the WG servers over different backbones. And since only some of us are having problems, I'd wager that one or more of these backbone providers is at the root of this. Can't understand why it should take WG staff so long to figure out which one and why though. Come on, get a move on. Then give us EU#3 as soon as possible, preferably in a new datacentre with better connectivity. Moving both EU#1 and EU#2 into the same facility probably didn't do any good.

Feel free to correct me if I missed something here. Just thought I'd try to help explain how this all works, all the while I can't play anyway. :bajan:

Finguz #309 Posted 15 February 2014 - 02:09 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 8925 battles
Good explanation, although nobody will pay any attention to it :glasses:

Edited by Finguz, 15 February 2014 - 02:12 AM.

James_Potkukelkka #310 Posted 15 February 2014 - 02:25 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 24254 battles
  • [TSOP] TSOP

View PostViper_Toffi, on 14 February 2014 - 11:45 PM, said:

Dutchmul,

ehh, the problem is now that I can't play anymore, and thet mean that tah cash flow has stopped, and the same for many others, so I gess this already hurts on the cash flow to WoT. I also expect them to give back all the lost days of Premium due to this problem. :-)

This problem is really so big that WG should fix it fast. It's very annoying and it kills my will to play, and of course to pay.

Homer_J #311 Posted 15 February 2014 - 09:09 AM

Field Marshal

• 32940 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostSheksna, on 14 February 2014 - 11:51 PM, said:

Just thought I'd point a few things out, since a lot of people seem to be interpreting the graphs wrong. That one of the nodes before the WG servers is showing up with packet loss, doesn't mean that it's actually dropping packets that would otherwise have gotten through to the servers. The packet loss is a representation of how many pings that has been sent to the node without a response. These are not servers, they are internet routers. Their job is to pass along packets, not to respond to ping requests. So especially when pinged aggressively, heavily burdened routers will prioritize the traffic going through it, not pings directed at it. If one node in the list is "dropping packets", but the next one right after it is not showing the same drop rate, that is a means the node that is "dropping packets" is actually working fine. It just isn't responding timely to ping requests all the time, which has no effect on the traffic further down the line.

I would slightly disagree with this.  Yes it's doing it's job and prioritising traffic going through but the fact that it cannot do both suggests it is (as you say) heavily burdened, therefore is a problem.

So players around Europe with different internet providers will be routed to the WG servers over different backbones. And since only some of us are having problems, I'd wager that one or more of these backbone providers is at the root of this. Can't understand why it should take WG staff so long to figure out which one and why though.

I think we've seen enough to know it's Telia, but then we knew that all along, and I believe they have a history of such issues.

As to WG fixing it, they could just turn that connection off but then you would overload the other(s), they could be working with Telia and experience tells me that could take some time.  As can getting another supplier in.

I don't know what's gone on with the Munich site.  Anyone have any clues on that?

dotns #312 Posted 15 February 2014 - 09:10 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 58359 battles
  • [SAM] SAM

View PostZylkins, on 11 February 2014 - 07:08 PM, said:

Hmmm...why you restarting server????recently you said EU2 server everything is fine!copy paste your post:

hey everyone. We've had the final update about the issues experienced.

The issues that occurred over the weekend have been identified and should now be resolved. If you guys are still encountering issues with it, then submit your ping plotters through to our Support teams as normal. Only EU 1 was affected by this. EU 2 was not affected by these same issues and was available throughout the whole incident, though latency experienced on EU 2 would have most likely been because of people logging in to it when EU 1 was affected.

Finally, the question on everyone's minds: compensation. EU 2 was operational and available for everyone to play on throughout the duration, so the decision has been made that compensation will not be given.

Thanks for your continued patience through this time, and should any further problems occur then these should be reported to Customer Support via a ticket with ping plotter data provided.:

This means you lied to us...why?

I get locked to EU1 crashed server by my IP adress... Only when I reset my IP adress from ISP i get to EU2 server... My premmium is gone by that time... not everyone... you dont provide info to reset connection to get to EU2 server... what about players with static IP; they get stuck to EU1 server until reboot

Edited by dotns, 15 February 2014 - 10:24 AM.

Teledabby #313 Posted 15 February 2014 - 09:22 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 45360 battles

View PostFinguz, on 15 February 2014 - 01:09 AM, said:

Good explanation, although nobody will pay any attention to it :glasses:

nono, read it, trying understand it :bush:

giving "+" 

painless #314 Posted 15 February 2014 - 10:13 AM

Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 25030 battles
A shameful display...

gbondy #315 Posted 15 February 2014 - 10:40 AM

Private

• Player
  • 12497 battles
how many days now and you still cant get the lagging problem sorted! seriously sort it out fast!!!!!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users