music accordion trio fusion fusion3acc medley wotmedley

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
14 replies to this topic

Tofik__PL #1 Posted 13 February 2014 - 09:41 AM

Private

• Player
  • 7543 battles

Hello fellow tankers!

Some ago I've started a project that might interest you - its accordion trio fusion3acc. We record popular themes from various games, mostly oldies. But being a WoT player, I could not resist recording the WoT Medley! Go ahead and listen to it. I'm sure you'll like it ;-) And of course, by sharing you'll help us make more of these in the future! WoT community has already laid its hands on this video and has left some wonderful comments. To thank you all guys, we has recorded a new piece, our original one written for all of you WoT fans. Upload is coming very soon now! Until then - enjoy what we've already done ;-)

Cheers

KptStrzyga #2 Posted 13 February 2014 - 09:59 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 33333 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

:bajan: 

Interesting. + from me.

Oghmanas #3 Posted 14 February 2014 - 08:58 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 13596 battles

WOW! Absolutely loved it! Brilliant piece of work. Is there any way to replace the original version in-game with this? 

You have my +1, thumbs up, subscribe and kudos and karma. 

Yag0 #4 Posted 15 February 2014 - 01:53 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 3168 battles

Well done!

Was fun to listen to, reminded me of the music from French art-house cinema... like some modern silent comedy.

Recorded well too, considering the accordion is one of the toughest instruments to record (bass/chord end moving around!) .

Tofik__PL #5 Posted 15 February 2014 - 09:18 PM

Private

• Player
  • 7543 battles
Yag - you seem to know a lot about these things ;-) Accordion is indeed called 'the nightmare' by many sound engineers... Thanks for your warm comments. We work now on the special piece for the community, so stay tuned :) As for changing the original ingame music - I don't know if it's possible. I doubt it really. Share people, let us make more of these!

XxXSpottedYouXxX #6 Posted 16 February 2014 - 01:19 PM

General

• Player
  • 23824 battles
  • [4077] 4077
Really liked it great work mate :honoring:.

Yag0 #7 Posted 16 February 2014 - 02:48 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 3168 battles

View PostTofik__PL, on 15 February 2014 - 08:18 PM, said:

Yag - you seem to know a lot about these things ;-) Accordion is indeed called 'the nightmare' by many sound engineers... Thanks for your warm comments. We work now on the special piece for the community, so stay tuned :) As for changing the original ingame music - I don't know if it's possible. I doubt it really. Share people, let us make more of these!

Yes, I have done a "bit" in electronics and music over the years bud :)

What did you record it with ? mics, audio interface , pre , dynamics?

Look forward to hearing more, accordion is such a quirky instrument/sound, it can communicate such emotion.

The thing I always thought though, it is a "high risk" instrument in that it can be totally wrong for the piece and thus a "big fail".

Not like a safe bet such as piano or strings!

Good stuff Tofik, good stuff mate :)

Tofik__PL #8 Posted 16 February 2014 - 03:39 PM

Private

• Player
  • 7543 battles

We've recorded it with dynamic mics - we haven't got all the pro equipment we need and I'm not the guy responsible for recording, so I don't remember the mikes brands and symbols. For the new recording we'll borrow much better mikes. We use Focusrite Saffire Pro 40 interface with the famous Focusrite preamps. We record using Logic Pro, again not the very best recording software. We aleady have 2 Cubase licences, so one more and we'll start working on it. 

You're right - the accordion is a tricky instrument to play and difficult to write on properly. I spent hundreds of hours figuring out how to use it the proper way to make it sound good with video games music. I've even written Eye of the Tiger arrangement, which we'll record too one day. I know there is still much too learn, but learning by trying/doing is the best way IMO :) You will hear the progress with every new recording. Funny thing, when after 16 years of music education I still know so little about the music industry... But I guess it's not only musicians problem :)

Yag0 #9 Posted 16 February 2014 - 04:41 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 3168 battles

I think the music industry has been decimated by; karaoke BS "stars", business model collapsing under net "traffic", upsurge in "bedroom" producers, self promotion/viral explosions.

These days it is often not the cream that rises to the top, lots of Simon Cowell's floaters.

Focusrite make some nice sounding stuff, certainly make an acceptable recording with them.

Never used them , but have similar level of interface.

It's an interesting angle, accordion, I'll subscribe to this thread and see how you "meet the challenge".

Argg, I can see now that I will have to finally fix my piano, time enough!:smile:

Tofik__PL #10 Posted 16 February 2014 - 04:56 PM

Private

• Player
  • 7543 battles
Well, I don't think I will spam the WoT forum with non WoT related music in the future. Beside the piece written for WoT that we're working on at the moment, we don't plan to record anymore WoT music in close future. There are many games with interesting music in them, and frankly speaking, the one in WoT is not especialy attractive :D

TiKiKill #11 Posted 16 February 2014 - 06:43 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 5466 battles
  • [2RTR] 2RTR
That was freaking awesome Tofik! Keep up the nice work =D

Tofik__PL #12 Posted 03 March 2014 - 10:00 PM

Private

• Player
  • 7543 battles

Fellow Tankers, as I promised, we've just finished the fresh piece written exlusively for WoT fans due to your support of our project. Check it out! :) Comment&Share! And ammo racks for all of you! :)

Edited by Tofik__PL, 03 March 2014 - 10:43 PM.

Yag0 #13 Posted 03 March 2014 - 11:53 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 3168 battles

Hey Tofik :)

Sounds great! like an Assassin's Creed sea shanty of certain death :izmena::glasses:

Edited by Yag0, 03 March 2014 - 11:55 PM.

Oghmanas #14 Posted 03 March 2014 - 11:58 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 13596 battles

Damn, it's so sad that these are so short. I really love these. Are you guys perhaps by any chance planning to cover the whole sountrack? I would love to see a modpack-thing that would replace the originals in-game. 

:blinky:

Tofik__PL #15 Posted 04 March 2014 - 08:35 AM

Private

• Player
  • 7543 battles
Well, now when you mentioned it... I might consider taking on this project, but it would be a big one and I'm affraid I don't have enough time right now. I'm no modder too and would need someone to actually make the modding script. It would take some resources... Would you be interested in this kind of mod if it was like few $?

Also tagged with music, accordion, trio, fusion, fusion3acc, medley, wotmedley

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users