New Auto TK Banning System.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4 replies to this topic

Norrin_Radd #1 Posted 15 February 2014 - 12:41 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 34120 battles

OK so we have a new system in place and as a good boy I haven't been banned yet. So what are the new rules? I can't seem to find an accurate description if it exists.

I mean will you get banned because a T4 runs in front of your KV-2 or someone runs into an enemy after arty has fired (OK that's a good thing :smile:)?

Just curious how lenient or harsh this system is? 

It still won't resolve all issues, like platoons killing team members or those who do it very occasionally so as not to get in trouble, but it looks like an improvement.

Unfortunately I have already seen people trying to get you to start shooting them and this issue might get worse as trolls pick up on it.

Nekomancer #2 Posted 16 February 2014 - 05:09 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 11526 battles

Well, you turn blue a lot faster. I accidentally shot a T34 with my Flakbus when i was shooting at a KV-1. The friendly T-34 just drove into my line of fire after i pulled the trigger. Very unlucky, especially considering i also set him on fire which killed him.

I turned blue for a single shot, but only due to the fire. One single hit still doesn't turn you blue, there have to be multiple hits on enemy tanks for that.

Keep in mind that platoon members are no longer excluded for team damage penalties for about two or three patches already.

I'd say it improved a lot. Trolls will only be successful as long as others do what the troll wants. There are a lot of ways to deal with trolls that do not involve shooting them.

Georgia_Lock #3 Posted 17 February 2014 - 10:06 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 5472 battles
Heh heh! Yes it does work a lot better now. Still maybe unfair (ie the perp gets off but the "victim" gets the ban), but hey.... better than it was

John_Preston #4 Posted 17 February 2014 - 10:57 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 17436 battles

Well, i was banned for an hour for killing a teammate who pushed me and shot me.

Yesterday i killed 2 friendlies accidentally(long range howitzer sniping is not always successful), but didn't even turn blue.

I guess the system checks if you were aiming at the enemy or your teammate at the moment when you pulled the trigger. Or if there was an enemy near your teammate when you shot him(it still could be intentional tho). Just guessing.

GemmaH #5 Posted 17 February 2014 - 11:19 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 8234 battles

View PostJohn_Preston, on 17 February 2014 - 09:57 AM, said:

Well, i was banned for an hour for killing a teammate who pushed me and shot me.

Yesterday i killed 2 friendlies accidentally(long range howitzer sniping is not always successful), but didn't even turn blue.

I guess the system checks if you were aiming at the enemy or your teammate at the moment when you pulled the trigger. Or if there was an enemy near your teammate when you shot him(it still could be intentional tho). Just guessing.

i read that somewhere in one of the tk threads, that if you aim at the enemy but miss it penalises you less. explains why i didn't go blue for derping a m2 medium that drove into my shot i guess

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users