• This topic is locked This topic is locked
56 replies to this topic

A_Headless_Chicken #1 Posted 24 February 2014 - 03:02 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 16795 battles

POPULAR

Afternoon peeps

I have been reading the WT forums a fair bit, and one thing has stuck me the amount of ex-WOT players rambling on about how WT is a much easier grind than WOT, and yet Gaijin (the makers of WT) are facing a small crisis, that is the desertion of players after their recent patch; the one that went for an all-out ball busting money making drive.. The dreaded 1.37 patch.

Now WG have made mistakes in the past, some they own up to others get swept under the rug, but never have they tried to leech money like Gaijin do, so let look at some of the prices of converting and grinding etc and see which company is the better of the two

First let’s look at the conversion rates for XP, and what we can get for it, we will use a flat figure of £100 to spend.

£100 from WG gets you 35500; gold is £99.16p, with 84p change

£100 from WT gets 35000 gold from WT (converting dollars to pounds on today’s market its $166.73 for £100) and 35000 is a 164 dollars, so a saving of $2.73c or £1.64 change.

So overall WG win this round as you have the extra 500 gold out of their deal, but let’s look at the conversion rates, after all, this is about fast tracking both amounts.

War gaming charge 1000G for 25000 XP

Gaijin charge 40RP for 1 x gold so for 1000g you get 40000 RP

Now while this might look like Gaijin have a head start, let’s go ahead and hypothetically convert our £100 into free XP/RP with the aim of unlocking some top tier vehicles, in WG’s case its tier X and for Gaijin it’s now Tier V.

£100 from WG nets 35,500G which converted over gives 35.5 x 25,000 XP totalling 887500 free XP

£100 from WT nets 35,000G when converted gives 35K x 40RP is 1400000 RP to spend.

Again it looks like Gaijin are in the lead here, but obvs all that XP/RP is going to go towards out shiny new top tier vehicles, let’s see what we can buy, and fully upgrade, as hey; nobody likes stock stuff.

From the WG garage, we can get a fully equipped

Obj 261 Arty at 273,000 Xp

IS7 at 189,000 Xp

An Obj 150 at 206,000 Xp

And a T62 at 200,000 Xp

Leaving us a hefty 19.500 free Xp

From WT we can get (bearing in mind we want full upgraded stuff)

Mig 15Bis: 420,000 Rp + modules at a total of 908,000 RP leaving 492,000 RP

Allowing one to buy another Mig 15, with the first three of eleven upgrades upgrades at 485,000RP leaving 7000RP left over.

So the grand total is 4 tier X vehicles from WG and 1.28 from Gaijin, so on just value for money WG win s the arms race on getting top tier vehicles.

What about Premium economy?

Let’s look at buying premium over a year, premium vehicles and rewards for premium time.

WG offer 360 days (cos they don’t have 365 days in Minsk?) @ £57.36

WT offer 365 days at 15200 gold @ $74.00 as you have to buys two separate amounts at $1 each, totalling £44.38 and an extra 5 days of premium time, so on this WT wins, but this is due to the fact they have a discount on buying gold in larger amounts (28%) still a slightly better deal.

For premium planes or tanks, we will pick the most expensive from both sides

FW190-D9 is 7400G which will cost you $39 dollars (as you have to buy 2 separate amounts of gold

While a Lowe will cost £36.35 or $60.02c so on this WT do pip the market, however bear in mind that’s one plane, if your garage does not have the same equal line up, it’s not a profitable, as unless playing RB battles, it’s not as effective as having a full line up.

The is also the Battle rating system, which unfortunately means your new premium will be consistently facing Jet aircraft, while many of WG’s vehicles have set MM (Lowe excluded) and have a fairly equal chance of being top tier, while WT doesn’t, it will also penalise you for being a good pilot and thrown you into even higher BR games, where you will be facing Jets almost exclusively.

Consensus

Overall Gaijin has some bonuses, it has a better premium economy, and its vehicles are cheaper to buy, but given that, for overall value for money and getting top tier Tanks its WG that wins this hands down, so if you think Grinding bad, or want to complain, it is still a lot better than Warthunder.

Note* while some of you may hate the idea of converting XP and insist on grinding, please note that most tanks require 5 upgrades to proceed to the next tank, while WT require up to 11 upgrades just to do the same or make the plane any good.

Note2* Gaijin have also taken to locking and banning any thread/forum user that criticises their game in almost any form, be it rant or polite enquiry, i have not been barred, but the forum community has been ravaged, so in all honesty the mods here are considerably more patient. - just my tuppence worth. i would post this on WT site, but il have my account banned if i did..sigh 

But let me know your thoughts

ed

Edited by edfrancis001, 24 February 2014 - 03:09 PM.

TheLuchsKing #2 Posted 24 February 2014 - 03:06 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 17463 battles
  • [-GODS] -GODS

█████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄       
      ▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂
Il███████████████████].    
  ◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤..   

Edited by TheLuchsKing, 24 February 2014 - 03:59 PM.

FROMtheSKYwithLOVE #3 Posted 24 February 2014 - 03:13 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 4565 battles
  • [X_O] X_O

This and that. I only need tier 8s for tournaments. I will buy my way into them if I have money to spare...that way I can only focus on training crews full time. No regrets.

Never interested in a game that's just starting. I need a game to become famous in...like WoT =D

ollonborre #4 Posted 24 February 2014 - 03:13 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 16934 battles

Oh crap fat fingers made me press the wrong button on my phone... Can someone sort out my accidental neg rep?

Anyways despite my fail I like your analys. WG has certainly stepped up their game lately with specials and other changes to buyibg gold etc, while Gaijin has dropped a lot in my eyes.

Again great analys, and sorry for the neg rep:hiding:

A_Headless_Chicken #5 Posted 24 February 2014 - 03:19 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 16795 battles

View Postollonborre, on 24 February 2014 - 02:13 PM, said:

Oh crap fat fingers made me press the wrong button on my phone... Can someone sort out my accidental neg rep?

Anyways despite my fail I like your analys. WG has certainly stepped up their game lately with specials and other changes to buyibg gold etc, while Gaijin has dropped a lot in my eyes.

Again great analys, and sorry for the neg rep:hiding:

NP, WOT have really come though recently

A_Headless_Chicken #6 Posted 24 February 2014 - 03:19 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 16795 battles

View PostTheLuchsKing, on 24 February 2014 - 02:06 PM, said:

WHO?

TheLuchsKing #7 Posted 24 February 2014 - 03:30 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 17463 battles
  • [-GODS] -GODS

View Postedfrancis001, on 24 February 2014 - 03:19 PM, said:

WHO?

MolochZ #8 Posted 24 February 2014 - 03:31 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 16248 battles

"while many of WG’s vehicles have set MM (Lowe excluded)"

What exactly are you saying here? Just to clarify. 

BrusilovX #9 Posted 24 February 2014 - 03:31 PM

Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 19322 battles
  • [TWC] TWC

I think it basically comes down to different types of tank games and which ones you like to play will mean that is the one that your play more than the other (if you play the other one at all).

I'll certainly end up playing the one that gives me more enjoyment - but I'll probably still play both.   The fact that WoT has bad intermittent lag spikes does recduce my enjoyment of the game at the moment (as does the drop in the ability of most of the teams).

I'm sure many have already watched this video from Jingles - I think he sums it up:

Spoiler

A_Headless_Chicken #10 Posted 24 February 2014 - 03:32 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 16795 battles

View PostMolochZ, on 24 February 2014 - 02:31 PM, said:

"while many of WG’s vehicles have set MM (Lowe excluded)"

What exactly are you saying here? Just to clarify. 

Lowe does not have exclusive MM thats all, some have +1 only.

typhaon #11 Posted 24 February 2014 - 03:33 PM

Major General

• Beta Tester
  • 14201 battles

One thing that bugs me most about WT is, that you can buy battle advantages, that cannot be bought without real money... see gold ammo as you like, but every player, no matter if paying real money or not can use it, if he wants to... and in my oppinion there are many vehicles in WoT that don't need gold ammo anyway (still some people use gold with them... I guess it's due to their habit rather than for a real reason)...

WoT without paying is only a little harder... or better said longer... all you can buy for real money in WoT is a quicker advancement, one way or another... but there is no point, where you cannot compete against non paying players as a non paying player... and this is very rare in these so called micro free games.

WT features respawn in battles... and you can either buy a backup plane or another crew for additional respawn... I think 4 crews can be bought with ingame credits, while 5 or more require premium currency... and now imagine, that players in WoT could by a potential power increase of 25% in battle for real money... I don't want to imagine the crying in the forums about that...

Edited by typhaon, 24 February 2014 - 03:33 PM.

A_Headless_Chicken #12 Posted 24 February 2014 - 03:34 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 16795 battles

View PostTheLuchsKing, on 24 February 2014 - 02:30 PM, said:

So despite the Math being clearly stated, you still think that Gaijin has a better Economy on the grind side of things? are you [edited] 

Edited by BigBadVuk, 26 February 2014 - 08:24 AM.
This post has been edited by a member of the Moderation Team, due to inappropriate content. An official notification has also been sent. BigBadVuk

Fish__Food #13 Posted 24 February 2014 - 03:37 PM

Major

• Player
  • 5084 battles

Wait what are the real XP costs of getting to a tier 10 and what are the general XP averages for games per tier. You might be right, but your reasoning is absolutely wrong. Go back get all the figures and try again.

At the end of the day though it's a pointless exercise as people will play whichever game they like most or both if that's their preference.

BE4S7 #14 Posted 24 February 2014 - 03:43 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 8441 battles
  • [I488] I488
on average i get arount 1,5K RP in WT and around 800 in WoT but the games in WoT are much shorter so overall grind in WT is longer

Lokomotiv #15 Posted 24 February 2014 - 03:45 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 30901 battles
Cool Story

TheLuchsKing #16 Posted 24 February 2014 - 03:48 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 17463 battles
  • [-GODS] -GODS

View Postedfrancis001, on 24 February 2014 - 03:34 PM, said:

So despite the Math being clearly stated, you still think that Gaijin has a better Economy on the grind side of things? are you fu***ng stupid! 

Stal1878 #17 Posted 24 February 2014 - 03:51 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 16762 battles
  • [WARW] WARW

I just played WT today for the first time in ages actually, what the [edited]have they don't the earning experience/unlocking planes though 0_0  Looks like you now have to pick a plane you want to buy and spend ages earning xp in other planes to get it, and if you want a plane further down the line you have to research the plane before it(like WoT). You can only choose one plane at a time for one nation as well!

I thought the setup before was much better where you had a national rank and when you achieved the next rank you could buy the planes at that level which was normally more than one at a time...

Pissed off with that so back to WoT for now lol

A_Headless_Chicken #18 Posted 24 February 2014 - 03:54 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 16795 battles

View PostFish__Food, on 24 February 2014 - 02:37 PM, said:

Wait what are the real XP costs of getting to a tier 10 and what are the general XP averages for games per tier. You might be right, but your reasoning is absolutely wrong. Go back get all the figures and try again.

At the end of the day though it's a pointless exercise as people will play whichever game they like most or both if that's their preference.

This is using a set figure of £100 to convert free XP as stated, but those are the actual conversion costs from free RP/XP with money 

MolochZ #19 Posted 24 February 2014 - 04:03 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 16248 battles

View Postedfrancis001, on 24 February 2014 - 02:32 PM, said:

Lowe does not have exclusive MM thats all, some have +1 only.

Add the T34 to that list as well so. It doesn't get any special MM.

Edited by MolochZ, 24 February 2014 - 04:04 PM.

A_Headless_Chicken #20 Posted 24 February 2014 - 04:06 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 16795 battles

View PostAstronus, on 24 February 2014 - 02:43 PM, said:

For the cost of an apple I get two potatoes, so potatoes are more valuable as apples..... nothing more to say....

But what when we have a look what I get for the money?

35'000 gold in WOT are spent very fast. Every new tank needs a crew training for which I spend gold. In Warthunder I bought eagles one time, bought some extra slots and skilled the crew. No more gold needed, all crew training now is paid with ingame currency. For me, the clear winner here: Gajin.

Theoretically you are right. But how is it in real life?

In WOT I make heavily use of free xp as I don't want to drive stock tanks tier 6 and higher. In Warthunder I never spend free research points to avoid stock planes - it's just not necessary in warthunder. And I don't use any free research points to research planes as I don't use free XP to unlock new tanks. Given that, for me a clear winner is: Gajin.

Big laugh :)

I have nearly every premium plane in Warthunder and except the FCM 50t every premium heavy tank and some other premium tanks in WOT. It's just ridiculous to compare the exorbitant high rates on premium tanks in WOT with the prices that Gajin wants for their planes.

I spent about 200 Euros for WT and won't spend any money for Warthunder until my premium-account ends end of this year.

The calculation how far you come with 200 bucks in WOT you have done yourself very good.

An average player like me can research two or more parts of a plane with one match if you win it and it's the daily double.

Is in WOT anything you can research with one match as average player above tier 1?

And about banning and locking, there was a new WOT-Community founded (eu-comm.de) with one reason: the censorship, banning and locking in the WOT-Forums.

I'm not aware of such a development at Warthunder.

Just my thought's of a guy who spent several hundred bucks on WOT, still likes to play it. Staff of the eu-comm-forum and gold sponsor of the monthly WOT-Contest.

But I also like to play Warthunder and sry to say, but your post is very tendentious.

Not bad, at least you are adding your thoughts and not just spamming pictures like one noob, and no i have not thrown money into the game, just calculating. but the harsh truth is the WT grind is far worse than the WOT grind, and please show me a replay where you have unlocked 240,000rp on a mig in one game? thats the cost of two modules on  a Mig! but overall WG is cheaper if you want to go down that route. I am not saying i dislike WT, i do enjoy it, but it was far better than it is now, and going by the numerous polls, about 80% of people do not like 1.37. 

as for comparing prices if not ridiculous, its a fair comparison and WOT lost that one. although the WT prices are getting higher and higher with each patch, the Potatoes thing is wrong however, if you pay for a product and what you receive as a result of that purchase is substantially more, then it is better. 

to correct it based on vegetables, if i buy 1 apple, get two potatoes and swap them for 4 tanks its a better deal than one apple, two potatoes and end up with 1.2 planes... potatoes for tanks are better 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users