Just some ranting

suck bad rant

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4 replies to this topic

BobbyLiqid #1 Posted 24 February 2014 - 10:40 PM

Private

• Player
  • 16437 battles

I fought well over 4000 battles, I watch Jingles and Quickybaby, I angle my armor, I sidescrape, I go hull down, I try to aim at weakspots, I stay with the group etc. etc. And yet I get penetrated by tanks that are a tier lower than me, bounce shots with an alarming regularity, and generally get owned by other players and lose several battles in a row (After which comes a magical battle with a Top Gun and a High Caliber).

While this is happening, I usually end up being one of the top tanks XP-wise, even in the lost battles.

Can anyone explain this nonsense to me, please?

P.S. I also don't get my 50% win rate with all the battle losing going around.

Edited by BobbyLiqid, 24 February 2014 - 10:44 PM.

Krogenator #2 Posted 25 February 2014 - 12:39 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 16787 battles
  • [-HOW-] -HOW-

OK.I would like to start by saying you are doing better then I was doing at 4k battles....with that said I did not take this game seriusly at all before 5k games was played,just tanks and explosions was enough for me up to that point.

WoT is a team game, and everyone is playing single player. You just have to think of your team as NPC's unless they show willingness to help you out.But even then don't trust them to have your back all the time.

I find that with most of the players I have been training in my clan or of my friends recently, the main problem is staying focused and never giving up....hell even I have trouble in the never giving up part.

For the staying focused part, it is something that needs work on by all players,no matter how good you are you can always lose concentration or focus to much on one thing.

Do you have a headset or speakers?I prefer headset as it lets me get more immersed into the game and it blocks out sounds that I can get distracted by.

Same counts for other distractions, wife/gf/husband/bf,kids or animals...all can take away your concentration.Not telling you to throw them away if you have any but it is something you have to block out if you wanna do your absolute best. I tend to zone out completely.Some times my bf has to put something between me and the screen to get contact with me(he knows not to do it in the heat of battle though as I am not myself at that point).

As for never giving up.It takes work to never lose hope. If you have XVM installed and you have not configured it,then you need to remove the "win chance %" as it is compleat [edited],if you see more high skill players on the enemy team it does not mean they will win.I am having massive trouble getting one of my friends to stop giving up so early,it is hard work to keep your spirits up when you are having a bad losing streak. Just learn to laugh at stupid moves of your team instead of raging at them and even when outnumbered you will have to think positive.Keep in mind if you are outnumbered it is easier for the enemy to underestimate you.

Always give your best,go into every battle thinking "I have to preform good".Especially if you are the lowest tier.

I have had more games as low tier where my performance has ended up winning the game then games where I win as top tier.Hell I have gotten "High Caliber" in my T71 in a game where half the team was tier 10.

And don't count how long your loosing streaks are as it only fills you with negative thoughts.In fact don't count victories ether.At the end of the day look up your win% on noobmeter or something.If it is under 50% tell yourself you have to do better tomorrow,if it is over 50% pat yourself on the shoulder and say "keep up the good work".

Also to keep your spirits up,at a loss, look at the post game and sort by damage,if over half your team does under their own HP in damage then there is almost nothing you could have done to save that team,keep in mind everyone can have bad games and because they did 0 damage that round does not mean they do 0 damage every round....well maybe some of them do,but nvm that.And as long as you do more damage then your HP you did not lose the game for your team ether,you did your job and that's all people can ask for you.

Inn the long run the difference of 50% and 55% is 1 more victory pr 20 games so playing good consistently is more important then that one great game every now and then as the great games are normally not only 20 games away from each other.

As for the rest I think Quiky and Jingles have been making decent videos explaining the importance of looking at the minimap,aiming for weak spots, learning reloads and all that stuff so look up the good old ones that help the most, like "keep calm and carry on".

Oh and sorry for the textwall.

Edited by Krogenator, 25 February 2014 - 12:39 AM.

_Antipathy #3 Posted 25 February 2014 - 03:41 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 651 battles
Just watch the videos of WG explaining WoT mechanics and you'll understand.

BobbyLiqid #4 Posted 25 February 2014 - 08:17 PM

Private

• Player
  • 16437 battles

Thanks for the reply Krogenator (it wasn't like I was expecting any, so it's nice to know somebody cares). Good luck on the battlefield and with Your bf. 

P.S. Don't worry about the wall of text, I read it all anyway :D

This thread is closed.

Edited by BobbyLiqid, 25 February 2014 - 08:19 PM.

_Antipathy #5 Posted 25 February 2014 - 09:32 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 651 battles

View PostBobbyLiqid, on 25 February 2014 - 07:17 PM, said:

Thanks for the reply Krogenator (it wasn't like I was expecting any, so it's nice to know somebody cares). Good luck on the battlefield and with Your bf.

P.S. Don't worry about the wall of text, I read it all anyway :D

This thread is closed.

You want to summon iScending?

Also tagged with suck, bad, rant

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users