• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4 replies to this topic

jaskap77 #1 Posted 05 March 2014 - 01:36 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 9990 battles
  • [NORSU] NORSU

Hi guys.

Friend of mine came up with an interresting question.

He's building a Churchill AVRE and question is about signal flags on tank. Apparently, the flag case is the tube outside the turret and similar tube can be seen on pretty much every British AFV. If this is a flag case, what would be these flags like and what would they stand for? Other friend of mine said that in his days (80's-90's) flags were used as convoy markers.

So, can anyone help me help a friend?

TigerTankTrackAttack #2 Posted 09 March 2014 - 04:22 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 6583 battles

View Postjaskap77, on 05 March 2014 - 12:36 PM, said:

Hi guys.

Friend of mine came up with an interresting question.

He's building a Churchill AVRE and question is about signal flags on tank. Apparently, the flag case is the tube outside the turret and similar tube can be seen on pretty much every British AFV. If this is a flag case, what would be these flags like and what would they stand for? Other friend of mine said that in his days (80's-90's) flags were used as convoy markers.

So, can anyone help me help a friend?

In WoT, they are the first type of radios (In Tier 1s) and IRL basically they are the same as radios except they are flags. Different flags mean different things. I believe they used combinations of different flags to explain what they were doing. i.e. Red + Yellow = Follow me or Green + Red = Enemy spotted (Made up)

CauldronBorn #3 Posted 24 March 2014 - 10:45 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 10222 battles
  • [M-WAR] M-WAR

Today flags are used as convoy markers and/or as signals for life fire exercises. Green = unloaded, weapons secure. Red = ready for combat, guns loaded. Orange/Yellow means "technical failure". Example: gun round won't go off = Red+Orange/Yellow.

Normally the commander who reports "combat ready!" while still flying the green flag gotta pay the next beer rack. :hiding:

jaskap77 #4 Posted 25 April 2014 - 05:57 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 9990 battles
  • [NORSU] NORSU

Oh well...

My friend finished his build and this is what AVRE looks like in 1/35th scale....

http://www.pienoisma...ia/malli_12379/

Tigger3 #5 Posted 27 April 2014 - 09:52 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 13608 battles

Nice model, not often I see an AVRE especially with the barrel being reloaded used as a model.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users