Jump to content


Any BT-SV drivers here?

BT-SV Need help advice platoon

  • This topic is locked This topic is locked
62 replies to this topic

soolerman #41 Posted 07 May 2014 - 05:44 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 24366 battles
  • 1,218
  • Member since:
    12-10-2012

View PostRobbaz, on 23 April 2014 - 03:02 AM, said:

 

She is a pretty Rude machine, i named her Rudy. Because that was the only insignia that wasn't in Russian.

 

Ace first battle, after a 100 or so matches i still find my Chaffe a bit more fun.


Just thought I would point out to you mate that "Rude" is Russian and means "red".

 

To all you BT-SV drives. I am insanely envious of you all and will make you number one on my hit list. If I see you in game when I am in my Pz IIj. :smile: Have fun guys. 



StAlKeRXD2 #42 Posted 11 May 2014 - 08:56 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 13008 battles
  • 38
  • [0440] 0440
  • Member since:
    07-18-2012

Hello, dear fellow tankers, greetings from germany!

As a small message btw id like to say that BT-SV is indeed something one can or should^^ be envious of, but as a small reminder WG just recently added the KV-220 to the part of premium tanks you can get your hands on, even though it is still rare. Don't you think the same will happen to the BT-SV sooner or later and then you'll regret having spent more than 3 or 4 times more than it would have actually cost? i mean, yeah, russian servers they get everything first but it is like with many, many other games out there that they put some stuff in on the european servers that was available on for example russian or asian servers for ages... After all the only reason to get it is to troll ppl that either can't afford it or dont even know this tank or just to show off what a rare beauty you have. In the end my question remains if this makes any kind of sense paying a large amount of money to stand out on the battlefield, at least for a short time as i expect it to be added in the future. Anyway who among you would expect that? Seems like there aren't many that share my opinion.

just my 2 cents, StAlKeRXD2


Edited by StAlKeRXD2, 11 May 2014 - 08:57 PM.


Hedgehog1963 #43 Posted 11 May 2014 - 11:35 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 53302 battles
  • 7,858
  • [DIRTY] DIRTY
  • Member since:
    04-26-2011

View PostStAlKeRXD2, on 11 May 2014 - 08:56 PM, said:

Hello, dear fellow tankers, greetings from germany!

As a small message btw id like to say that BT-SV is indeed something one can or should^^ be envious of, but as a small reminder WG just recently added the KV-220 to the part of premium tanks you can get your hands on, even though it is still rare. Don't you think the same will happen to the BT-SV sooner or later and then you'll regret having spent more than 3 or 4 times more than it would have actually cost? i mean, yeah, russian servers they get everything first but it is like with many, many other games out there that they put some stuff in on the european servers that was available on for example russian or asian servers for ages... After all the only reason to get it is to troll ppl that either can't afford it or dont even know this tank or just to show off what a rare beauty you have. In the end my question remains if this makes any kind of sense paying a large amount of money to stand out on the battlefield, at least for a short time as i expect it to be added in the future. Anyway who among you would expect that? Seems like there aren't many that share my opinion.

just my 2 cents, StAlKeRXD2

 

 

I did a ton of overtime these last few months.  So far the BT SV has been very entertaining.  I'm happy even if they do start selling it six months from now.

 



naughtydog29 #44 Posted 20 May 2014 - 08:42 PM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 7952 battles
  • 190
  • Member since:
    02-16-2012
Got mine yesterday and played first few games today. Loving learning how to use it to best effect. Finding my team ends up winning a LOT of games due to so many enemies shooting at me as I zoom past, all wanting to kill this 'new' tank, leaving themselves vulnerable to my team-mates. Does this happen with you? Also discovering this is NOT a tank for ramming, even with a spall liner. Perhaps I need Controlled Impact as well..?

naughtydog29 #45 Posted 20 May 2014 - 08:47 PM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 7952 battles
  • 190
  • Member since:
    02-16-2012
Would a channel for BT-SV drivers be of use so we can 'toon up? What do you say folks? :-)

naughtydog29 #46 Posted 09 June 2014 - 09:04 PM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 7952 battles
  • 190
  • Member since:
    02-16-2012
Another bad idea; playing Zombies vs Humans in your BT-SV. All the zombies want to kill you and you alone... Took a while to catch me but the Bat-Chat tagged me in the end ;-)

HadEnoughNow #47 Posted 17 June 2014 - 08:19 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 0 battles
  • 1
  • Member since:
    06-17-2014

I've had mine for a month now and done just over 100 games with it.  I'm afraid after initially liking the novelty and having had some decent-ish games, I'm going to have to go against the grain and say it's average at best.  Yes it has a decent top speed but that's about the point where the positives end.  The absymal view range makes it useless as a spotter as EVERYTHING else can see you before you see them - try spotting the ridge in Prok' and you won't light up a thing other than the enemy's scout that is right next to you doing the same thing.  The traverse speed is very bad so you can forget circlng crippled tanks to finish them off.  And the gun is nothing more than a pea-shooter in tier 2/3 games; in tier 4 games just forget about shooting it at all as you won't penetrate anything other than lights and arty.  Oh and did I mention the guns' woeful inaccuracy where it misses its target 50% of the time if the enemy is not within 25m of you.

 

Mine cost me £50 straight from a Russian family member of my OH but that came with 3 months premium and 10k gold which works out about that price anyway so in effect the tank didn't cost me anything.  If you don't have the luxury of Russian contacts to source it for you then your only other choice is Ebay and in my opinion it is most definitely NOT worth the average £120 they sell it for. :mellows:



Hedgehog1963 #48 Posted 17 June 2014 - 09:21 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 53302 battles
  • 7,858
  • [DIRTY] DIRTY
  • Member since:
    04-26-2011
Reluctantly I decided that to have any use on Provence Map you had to have binoculars. The gun is he same as the T-127 and the LPT so no death ray but good enough.

Edited by Hedgehog1963, 17 June 2014 - 09:22 PM.


Eila_Juutilainen #49 Posted 23 June 2014 - 03:56 PM

    Colonel

  • Player
  • 21383 battles
  • 3,883
  • [102ND] 102ND
  • Member since:
    11-04-2012

Just got one just now, and trying to decide what crew skills to go for. Any opinions?

 

View Postnaughtydog29, on 20 May 2014 - 09:42 PM, said:

Also discovering this is NOT a tank for ramming, even with a spall liner. Perhaps I need Controlled Impact as well..?

 

Spall Liner is multiplicative with armour... and this tank has none of that. Sloping doesn't really count for ramming damage. Controlled Impact on the other hand is a modifier to the resulting damage (15% more dealt and less taken) so that would be a good choice. I'm actually running Controlled Impact on my STA-1, not for ramming but as defence for when I get rammed.



Hedgehog1963 #50 Posted 23 June 2014 - 05:34 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 53302 battles
  • 7,858
  • [DIRTY] DIRTY
  • Member since:
    04-26-2011

View PostEila_Juutilainen, on 23 June 2014 - 03:56 PM, said:

Just got one just now, and trying to decide what crew skills to go for. Any opinions?

 



Eila_Juutilainen #51 Posted 23 June 2014 - 05:52 PM

    Colonel

  • Player
  • 21383 battles
  • 3,883
  • [102ND] 102ND
  • Member since:
    11-04-2012

View PostHedgehog1963, on 23 June 2014 - 06:34 PM, said:

 

 

Now if only I had a 3-skill Soviet LT crew lying around :P

 

Seriously, what should I take as first set?



Durinson #52 Posted 23 June 2014 - 07:30 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 37377 battles
  • 1,043
  • Member since:
    06-05-2011
Just use any russian light-tank crew, that´s what I did. In case you really want an own crew or you just don´t have a fitting crew, I´d skill camouflage first. It is awfull at scouting because of the abysmal viewrange, but since it is a light tank it does not lose its camo while driving. So you´ll be spotted some metres later. And with binocs you can at least do some bushscouting. Not that this willl make a decent scout, but I still do it from time to time. Repair first is also a viable option since you get detracked a lot, but I would still take camo. 

Eila_Juutilainen #53 Posted 23 June 2014 - 08:08 PM

    Colonel

  • Player
  • 21383 battles
  • 3,883
  • [102ND] 102ND
  • Member since:
    11-04-2012

View PostDurinson, on 23 June 2014 - 08:30 PM, said:

Just use any russian light-tank crew, that´s what I did. In case you really want an own crew or you just don´t have a fitting crew, I´d skill camouflage first. It is awfull at scouting because of the abysmal viewrange, but since it is a light tank it does not lose its camo while driving. So you´ll be spotted some metres later. And with binocs you can at least do some bushscouting. Not that this willl make a decent scout, but I still do it from time to time. Repair first is also a viable option since you get detracked a lot, but I would still take camo. 

 

Well, it came with a 100% crew, so...

 

Besides, I'm kinda-sorta OCD and I need a crew for every tank. I know, it's not efficient but I can't help it :harp:

 

Thanks for the advice, though.


Edited by Eila_Juutilainen, 23 June 2014 - 08:09 PM.


Hedgehog1963 #54 Posted 23 June 2014 - 10:35 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 53302 battles
  • 7,858
  • [DIRTY] DIRTY
  • Member since:
    04-26-2011

View PostEila_Juutilainen, on 23 June 2014 - 05:52 PM, said:

 

Now if only I had a 3-skill Soviet LT crew lying around :P

 

Seriously, what should I take as first set?

 

View PostDurinson, on 23 June 2014 - 07:30 PM, said:

Just use any russian light-tank crew, that´s what I did. In case you really want an own crew or you just don´t have a fitting crew, I´d skill camouflage first. It is awfull at scouting because of the abysmal viewrange, but since it is a light tank it does not lose its camo while driving. So you´ll be spotted some metres later. And with binocs you can at least do some bushscouting. Not that this willl make a decent scout, but I still do it from time to time. Repair first is also a viable option since you get detracked a lot, but I would still take camo. 

 

View PostEila_Juutilainen, on 23 June 2014 - 08:08 PM, said:

 

Well, it came with a 100% crew, so...

 

Besides, I'm kinda-sorta OCD and I need a crew for every tank. I know, it's not efficient but I can't help it :harp:

 

Thanks for the advice, though.

 

 

Yeah.  By the time the BT-SV came into my life I'd run the T-50 and T-50-2 crews up to that fourth skill.  The crew in my picture is made up from both (T-50 has no radio operator).

 

Serious advice:  First skill on this tank for the driver is clutch braking because it turns poorly.  I' always like 6th sense for a commander.  Gunner  has snapshot because you want to  shoot on the move.



Digglyda #55 Posted 28 June 2014 - 03:23 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 49177 battles
  • 314
  • Member since:
    04-11-2013

The BT-SV ...my initial disappointment on getting it has been reconsidered now I have played enough games with a good crew inside it to figure out what it can and can't do. For me, the limitations of the tank stats mean that choice of crew skills and module fit are not up for much doubt:

The view range is so poor that the Commander must have recon skill until it reaches 100% then drop for 6th sense (in my opinion the single most important crew skill in ANY tank at any tier in the game). Then re-train on the recon skill. Third skill will be camo. 

The gunner I have on snap shot first then drop at 100% for Deadeye (I like Deadeye, it seems to be worth it for the higher number of critical damage hits I get). Then snap shot again followed by camo.

The driver MUST get Clutch Braking right from the off. This thing turns so poorly that you have to have it! Followed by Smooth Ride. Third skill will be camo.

The signal range is pathetic too, so the Radio Operator needs Signal Boosting followed by Situational Awareness. Third skill will once again be camo.

When the crew eventually reaches 100% on Camo as a 3rd skill I will drop for Brothers-in-Arms and start over on camo.

crew skills.jpg

For the module choice it seems fairly straightforward again: Improved Vents, Enhanced Suspension and Coated Optics. I would strongly argue against having Binoculars on the BT-SV. You're playing it wrong in my opinion if you do plan to sit stationary in it trying to spot things through Binoculars. My rule for most tanks is to choose equipment modules that are ALWAYS active so they benefit you at ALL times.

Ammo load out is 48 AP plus 24 APCR and 12 HE. I like to carry a fair bit of GOLD ammo and damn the cost! This is one of the guns that really need the premium ammo. HE is maybe a bit of a waste but it does give you options for damaging targets.

BT-SV fit.jpg

The 500 hp engine is what makes this thing special. The power to weight ratio is ridiculous. I don't think there is anything in the game that can match you're mobility.


Edited by Digglyda, 28 June 2014 - 03:39 PM.


Hedgehog1963 #56 Posted 28 June 2014 - 06:13 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 53302 battles
  • 7,858
  • [DIRTY] DIRTY
  • Member since:
    04-26-2011

View PostDigglyda, on 28 June 2014 - 03:23 PM, said:

 

For the module choice it seems fairly straightforward again: Improved Vents, Enhanced Suspension and Coated Optics. I would strongly argue against having Binoculars on the BT-SV. You're playing it wrong in my opinion if you do plan to sit stationary in it trying to spot things through Binoculars. My rule for most tanks is to choose equipment modules that are ALWAYS active so they benefit you at ALL times.

 

The 500 hp engine is what makes this thing special. The power to weight ratio is ridiculous. I don't think there is anything in the game that can match you're mobility.

 

I agree with everything you said except for the optics.  Probably four games out of five you'd be right but I seem to get "Provence" all the time these days and optics won't light up the enemy across the valley like binos do.  That's the map where you will find a bush and plug away at what you can see for a while.  Then when it is time to exploit you can be across the valley floor and up the other side like a ferret up a trouser leg.

 

I agree that engine power is awesome!  I have a PzIC and that is fast but it can not out accelerate the BT-SV.



Hedgehog1963 #57 Posted 07 July 2014 - 09:00 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 53302 battles
  • 7,858
  • [DIRTY] DIRTY
  • Member since:
    04-26-2011

You don't see this everyday...

 

 

And it finally had to happen.  I killed a BT-SV in mine.

 

He was already pretty beat up and I had hoped top ram the guy (I have controlled impac) but as I came in a fill til I caught nhim with a bounding fire shot just before impact.

 

 

 

 

 



Outlawz0111 #58 Posted 13 July 2014 - 02:17 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 4351 battles
  • 749
  • Member since:
    03-30-2014
I have the BT-SV & Panzer 2 J. If you woild like to platoon add me as a buddy and open private chats and ask for invite we can play as long as i can stay awake hehe.

Ulfhedinn_ #59 Posted 16 July 2014 - 01:14 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 48246 battles
  • 7,041
  • Member since:
    05-02-2013
Just lolz a LOT! But it seriously needs buffing. I've played 15 games in mine so far and LOST TWO!!! This clearly isn't acceptable, 87% wr is not unitard enough for such an uber seal clubbing stat padderer :tongue: 

Outlawz0111 #60 Posted 16 July 2014 - 08:13 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 4351 battles
  • 749
  • Member since:
    03-30-2014
Lucky streak, today i have lost over 10 games in BT-SV been top place in 9 of them.




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users