Why WoT is better than WT.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
93 replies to this topic

shrapnel_bait #1 Posted 08 March 2014 - 07:53 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 2790 battles
Very simply because in WT when you are shot down you can just hop into another plane in your line up and carry on in the same battle but in WoT you get one tank and one tank only per battle. Why does this make WoT better, simply because with only having one life per match you tend to think more about what you are doing and this, in my opinion, makes the big difference.

L0B0T0MY #2 Posted 08 March 2014 - 08:01 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 12443 battles
  • [MARS] MARS
You are just too newbie to say anything about closed beta stage game, not to mention about this game with 500 battles. No offence. Its closed beta if you havent noticed. Im also quite sure, WT is too complicated for newbies (like you) when comparing to WoT. WoT is arcade and WT is....Not so arcade.

Viperlein #3 Posted 08 March 2014 - 08:08 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 18633 battles
  • [GSPB] GSPB

View Postshrapnel_bait, on 08 March 2014 - 07:53 AM, said:

Very simply because in WT when you are shot down you can just hop into another plane in your line up and carry on in the same battle but in WoT you get one tank and one tank only per battle. Why does this make WoT better, simply because with only having one life per match you tend to think more about what you are doing and this, in my opinion, makes the big difference.

Actually WT has two modes one of which only allows one vehicle per battle.

shrapnel_bait #4 Posted 08 March 2014 - 09:10 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 2790 battles
I have played the standard version of War Thunder for over a year, so I'm not exactly a newbie at it.

L0B0T0MY #5 Posted 08 March 2014 - 09:14 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 12443 battles
  • [MARS] MARS
Oh he was comparing the WT planes to WoT? :DDD

I have played WT planes too, but i rarely use more than 1-2 planes at one battle. Maybe its just you whos wasting planes....

vlasterx #6 Posted 08 March 2014 - 09:22 AM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Tester
  • 19140 battles

WT will be boring to play because of several reasons:

- Everyone gets crippled so much after 1st hit that it makes no sense to play any more

- Most of the tanks also get killed after 1st shot

This leads to camp fests. Everyone behind bushes waiting for some noob to drive out to be killed either by campers or by airplanes...

No thanks.

saxsan4 #7 Posted 08 March 2014 - 09:28 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 18845 battles
  • [-WR--] -WR--

WOT is better because graphics are better (Havoc engine).

Now for people saying why it took so long to come out let me explain. WT is new thus it will have the most up-to date graphics available, WOT is old so it will need to update its graphics which is harder. They have been experimenting with them for over a year and will still come out earlier. 

WOT also has more tanks available and will have more British and French tanks. I don't even know if WT will have French tanks even in it. 

Lastly, WOT has more nations to play as and has a very simplistic feel to the game which allows for more average gamers to play but also having advanced features in it so pro-gamers can also play all in the same game mode.  I as myself don't like to play big maps when I am in my slow tanks as by the time I get to the battle its already over. So Bigger maps in WOT  is NOT  good. However what we need is more space .  Take Ensk , himmelsdorf  and ruinberg. These are my 3 Favourite maps. So there is no need for bigger maps but more space on the current maps  I think is better.

EmperorSafirius #8 Posted 08 March 2014 - 09:30 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 21060 battles

View Postsaxsan4, on 08 March 2014 - 09:28 AM, said:

Now for people saying why it took so long to come out let me explain. WT is new thus it will have the most up-to date graphics available, WOT is old so it will need to update its graphics which is harder. They have been experimenting with them for over a year and will still come out earlier. 

WOT also has more tanks available and will have more British and French tanks. I don't even know if WT will have French tanks even in it. 

Lastly, WOT has more nations to play as and has a very simplistic feel to the game which allows for more average gamers to play but also having advanced features in it so pro-gamers can also play all in the same game mode.  I as myself don't like to play big maps when I am in my slow tanks as by the time I get to the battle its already over. So Bigger maps in WOT  is NOT  good. However what we need is more space .  Take Ensk , himmelsdorf  and ruinberg. These are my 3 Favourite maps. So there is no need for bigger maps but more space on the current maps  I think is better.

Keep up with these comments saxsan and you will get to a green reputation fast :medal:

EDIT: somebody seems to hate me :veryhappy:

Edited by EmperorSafirius, 08 March 2014 - 12:16 PM.

bushwacker001 #9 Posted 08 March 2014 - 09:34 AM

Major

• Player
  • 27275 battles

View Postsaxsan4, on 08 March 2014 - 08:28 AM, said:

Saxsan4 reported for selling his account to someone with an A in English :blinky:

bushwacker001 #10 Posted 08 March 2014 - 09:49 AM

Major

• Player
  • 27275 battles

View PostEmperorSafirius, on 08 March 2014 - 08:30 AM, said:

Keep up with these comments saxsan and you will get to a green reputation fast :medal:

EDIT: sadly somebody gave you a neg rep without even reading your post.

Probably the same idiot with no sense of humour who gave me one

Phobos4321 #11 Posted 08 March 2014 - 10:05 AM

General

• Player
  • 43226 battles
wasnt me but just after the first line  i quit reading it  "better graphics (havok )" really the look is better because there will be a new physics engine ? 

TheLordFlasheart #12 Posted 08 March 2014 - 10:05 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 13169 battles
This is going to escalate quickly.....

Viperlein #13 Posted 08 March 2014 - 10:19 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 18633 battles
  • [GSPB] GSPB

View Postvlasterx, on 08 March 2014 - 09:22 AM, said:

WT will be boring to play because of several reasons:

- Everyone gets crippled so much after 1st hit that it makes no sense to play any more

- Most of the tanks also get killed after 1st shot

This leads to camp fests. Everyone behind bushes waiting for some noob to drive out to be killed either by campers or by airplanes...

No thanks.

There are people who are pretty sick of the whole arcade gameplay and want a bit more realism. Killing a tank by shooting him 10 times in the cupola isn´t fun for everyone. I myself will most likely switch to WT as soon as it goes open beta just because there is so much less RNG to rage about and I simply like the more realistic approach better but that doesn´t mean I will quit WoT for good. They are F2P and there is no reason not to play both of them but since the plane part in WT is so vastly superior to WoWp I doubt I will spend anymore money on WoT (which is someting I actually wont do even now after realizing how WG handled that whole lag fest).

Also you shouldn´t hate on WT because it´s the one thing giving WoT a run for it´s money and we as customers will greatly profit from the battle between the two games.

jabster #14 Posted 08 March 2014 - 10:24 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 12535 battles
  • [WSAT] WSAT

View PostViperlein, on 08 March 2014 - 09:19 AM, said:

There are people who are pretty sick of the whole arcade gameplay and want a bit more realism. Killing a tank by shooting him 10 times in the cupola isn´t fun for everyone. I myself will most likely switch to WT as soon as it goes open beta just because there is so much less RNG to rage about and I simply like the more realistic approach better but that doesn´t mean I will quit WoT for good. They are F2P and there is no reason not to play both of them but since the plane part in WT is so vastly superior to WoWp I doubt I will spend anymore money on WoT (which is someting I actually wont do even now after realizing how WG handled that whole lag fest).

Also you shouldn´t hate on WT because it´s the one thing giving WoT a run for it´s money and we as customers will greatly profit from the battle between the two games.

I'll give WT a try but will probably stick with WoT for the same reasons as you'll switch to WT. I'm very much a 'casual' player so the whole you don't have to be very good to enjoy the game appeals to me.

ApocalypseSquad #15 Posted 08 March 2014 - 10:27 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 26378 battles

Not sure I care which is better.  I have invested a lot of time in WoT so will probably stick with it.

However I do hope that WT puts up a good alternative.  The only beneficiaries of such competition will be us, the players.

Perhaps WG might be encouraged to invest some more into the game rather than buying up real estate in Cyprus....

GemmaLou #16 Posted 08 March 2014 - 10:47 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 8127 battles

View PostEmperorSafirius, on 08 March 2014 - 08:30 AM, said:

EDIT: sadly somebody gave you a neg rep without even reading your post.

i gave him a +

Sisarot #17 Posted 08 March 2014 - 10:50 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 4907 battles
So every game with respawns is worse than every game without respawn and everything else doesn't matter. Ok...

Fish__Food #18 Posted 08 March 2014 - 10:51 AM

Major

• Player
  • 5084 battles
I have never liked the idea of multiple spawn, but wouldn't say it makes it a worse game just a different game. This is good for everyone because people have a choice on what they want to play.

Sapaki #19 Posted 08 March 2014 - 11:11 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 9331 battles
  • [SGTA] SGTA

View Postsaxsan4, on 08 March 2014 - 08:28 AM, said:

+1 for the English indeed, but Havoc is a physics engine...:tongue:

M4riano73 #20 Posted 08 March 2014 - 11:13 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 32232 battles
WT couldn't exist without respawns. Who would play a game in which one drives for 2 minutes to get one shotted on the spot? That's the great advantage WoT has - single player can do so much more during the battle thanks to having HP pool. It gives room for changing outcome of battle singlehandedly, for being Rambo and a hero, which means FUN. I don't care if WT is slightly more realistic (it's still arcade), fun is what matters.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users