• This topic is locked This topic is locked
93 replies to this topic

Lepr0n #41 Posted 08 March 2014 - 12:37 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 28251 battles
  • [V24] V24

View PostSquadman45, on 08 March 2014 - 11:33 AM, said:

To be fair, WT is more arcade even compared with the RO tank combat system... maps of km, you need introduce manual the distance to target to have the aiming correct...

WT is going to be less arcade than WOT but is not going to be enough simulator, WOT sacrifice things to made game faster and impresive.

Is a question of test WT but after first interest on it when i see videos i lose a lot interest.

It is suffice to say, that i have had to study rangefinding and figuring out the nations various sights (Reticles?) to be able to aim or hit anything. And also, having to learn to find my enemy among bushes and trees.

Edited by Lepr0n, 08 March 2014 - 12:37 PM.

Squadman45 #42 Posted 08 March 2014 - 12:45 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 47860 battles

Well i see this video

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=AJuN5GJk-T4

And i can say looks fine but to play like this i prefer WOT not a semi-arcade semi-simulator, i like need spot enemy using your eyes but well, you need really big maps to dont see you doing preventive shoots over the same positions all the time and have space to flank under cover enemy positions... think that the more realistic the game more camping you are going to see.

I don say WTGF is bad i only say that as arcade is better WOT and i dont see WTGF enough simulator.

Maybe the best thing with WT is how force WG move their [edited]to improve WOT and waste premium account money not only in ferraris, chicks and beer :great:

PD: i dont see the sight system very realistic at all, of course is over WOT but not to call it realistic.

Edited by Squadman45, 08 March 2014 - 12:46 PM.

Lepr0n #43 Posted 08 March 2014 - 12:52 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 28251 battles
  • [V24] V24
never said it was realistic, but it is closer to the real deal, and requires that you have a grasp of how the reticles work to get the hits. The maps are at this stage abit odd, i hope they will make them even bigger, and that the ones in rotation in beta, are dummymaps.

DR4G4L #44 Posted 08 March 2014 - 01:05 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 39660 battles
  • [CRIT_] CRIT_

WT vs WoWP >> looks better in any way

WT vs WoT >> GF video looks better than maxed out settings on ancient WoT, will wait for Havok engine and see what is changing, but at least WT is more optimized for present PC's and with more decent servers, not like WoT lagging for more than a month and getting screwed up more with every f@cking patch. I understand it's takes time to "convert", I never seen WG even trying... WG is made by russians, for the russians and based on "you get what you get, now shut up and give me your money, so I don't have to give a f@ck about you".

But yeah, gameplay is definitely off the radar in WT, it's just bad.

When (if) WG give us some fair servers, multi-core support (like any decent game since 2007) and havok engine, then they'll get me and all of Europe on their side.

Ohaithar #45 Posted 08 March 2014 - 01:10 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 407 battles
That's only AB you're talking about. The rest (RB and FRB) rely on the same one life principle of WoT. Do some research next time k?

CptBarney #46 Posted 08 March 2014 - 01:10 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 18996 battles
  • [-WR--] -WR--

View PostEmperorSafirius, on 08 March 2014 - 08:30 AM, said:

Keep up with these comments saxsan and you will get to a green reputation fast :medal:

EDIT: somebody seems to hate me :veryhappy:

i fixed that for you mate:medal: ... Shift+R improves the quality of this image. CTRL+F5 reloads the whole page.

EmperorSafirius #47 Posted 08 March 2014 - 01:11 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 21215 battles

View PostCptBarney, on 08 March 2014 - 01:10 PM, said:

i fixed that for you mate:medal: ... Shift+R improves the quality of this image. CTRL+F5 reloads the whole page.

Hmm, my love for cats seems to be paying off :girl:

CptBarney #48 Posted 08 March 2014 - 01:13 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 18996 battles
  • [-WR--] -WR--

although it would be intresting to have a team deathmatch respawn kind of thing in a seprate game mode in world of tanks. and when you choose your next tank it rolls into the battlefield from an entry point (depends where your team is and such).

you can't really say that ~Warthunder is better than World of tanks. It's like comparing Call of duty and Battlefield both based on the same idea (depends) but have very different gameplay styles.

anyway have a good weekend!:smile: ... Shift+R improves the quality of this image. CTRL+F5 reloads the whole page.

CptBarney #49 Posted 08 March 2014 - 01:15 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 18996 battles
  • [-WR--] -WR--

View PostEmperorSafirius, on 08 March 2014 - 12:11 PM, said:

Hmm, my love for cats seems to be paying off :girl:

thanks M'lady:trollface: ... Shift+R improves the quality of this image. CTRL+F5 reloads the whole page.

Furlock #50 Posted 08 March 2014 - 03:47 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 66796 battles
  • [EWOKS] EWOKS

Neither Wargaming, nor the other semi-russian company. There will be an alternative to both, and the company behind this third actor on the online stage will take over around 75% of players (first with tanks, then with combined tanks-airplane-submarine scenarios).

In the beginning, the third actor is going to result a bit poor when it comes to graphics, but most of the experienced players - currently reforcing the status of wot and wt - will inmediately switch over.

After six months, graphics will become nearly perfect and a special type of battle added will attract even players from other games (not only military games).

After one year, the third actor will stand some legal actions by the competence, win and definitely take over the market, mostly due to an ethical approach towards military games, which wargames and the other company are totally unable to reach.

What will definitely crunch the Russian approach on leadership in military games, will be the cool offer of the third actor to exchange accounts on wot. As an example, a player with 30 tanks in wot will get 30 tanks in the third alternative. There won't be premium tanks, but premium accounts. Premium tanks from wot will be exchanged into premium time in the winning game. Finally, premium accounts in wot will also get exchanged at day-per-day basis. These smart actions will be the ones that turn into legal actions (without any result for the demanding parts).

wims80 #51 Posted 08 March 2014 - 03:49 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 10801 battles

View PostL0B0T0MY, on 08 March 2014 - 08:01 AM, said:

You are just too newbie to say anything about closed beta stage game, not to mention about this game with 500 battles. No offence. Its closed beta if you havent noticed. Im also quite sure, WT is too complicated for newbies (like you) when comparing to WoT. WoT is arcade and WT is....Not so arcade.

Wait ... what? WT is arcade as hell.

- Flight Simulator enthusiast

View PostDR4G4L, on 08 March 2014 - 01:05 PM, said:

WG is made by russians, for the russians and based on "you get what you get, now shut up and give me your money, so I don't have to give a f@ck about you".

Actually, WoT is made by Belorussians. WT on the other hand is made by russians

Edited by wims80, 08 March 2014 - 03:51 PM.

XxXSpottedYouXxX #52 Posted 08 March 2014 - 03:49 PM

General

• Player
  • 23824 battles
  • [4077] 4077

View Postshrapnel_bait, on 08 March 2014 - 06:53 AM, said:

Very simply because in WT when you are shot down you can just hop into another plane in your line up and carry on in the same battle but in WoT you get one tank and one tank only per battle. Why does this make WoT better, simply because with only having one life per match you tend to think more about what you are doing and this, in my opinion, makes the big difference.

God forbid world of tanks bring a game mode where you can pick a few tanks to use per battle this would be good competition against WT.

DirtE #53 Posted 08 March 2014 - 03:57 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 11456 battles

Every single person who says, that one game is "better" than "other" is a mooron.

Next time please dont forget to mention! 

"MY OPINION WHY" before you write something as stuppid as this.

Calibosco #54 Posted 08 March 2014 - 04:14 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 4839 battles
The respawn thing is what I'm looking forward to most about WT. I havnt played it so it might be crap for all I know but one of the most infuriating things about wot is the fact that you might never meet that cocky little crapthat killed you again. Or the little d**khead that called you a n00b at the end of the game. With respawns you'll be able to take sweet sweet revenge on these people. Respawns might also cut down on the amount of abuse that gets thrown around with chat. If you have to continue to play with the person you insult it might discourage you from insulting them in the first place. At the moment people have no qualms about throwing around insults cuz they know that chances are they'll never see that person again.  

Killed_chicken96_the_2nd #55 Posted 08 March 2014 - 04:21 PM

Private

• Player
  • 9244 battles
I like both games. How much hate will this get me?

Mextli #56 Posted 08 March 2014 - 04:35 PM

Major

• Player
  • 44962 battles

View Postshrapnel_bait, on 08 March 2014 - 07:53 AM, said:

Why does this make WoT better, simply because with only having one life per match you tend to think more about what you are doing and this, in my opinion, makes the big difference.

I personally dont like the single life design of WoT, makes the learing curve very steep (how often do you encounter the same situation and can try something different in WoT? Almost never) and leads to campy games because everyone is afraid to lose his only life. 

Askorti #57 Posted 08 March 2014 - 04:49 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 11776 battles

Oh, I see another idiotic thread... What is better, French fries, or or a kiss from your girlfriend?

Oh, you can't compare? Too bad, you can't compare WT to WoT but you still try to do it...

When will you people finally get, that those are two completely different games with different goals? WoT is a pure arcade game about tanks. And it's a good arcade game about tanks, the best there is actually. WT will be a semi-realistic and semi-historical semi-simulator about tanks. I dare to say it will be the best of the kind.

But comparing WoT to WT is just a bad idea, as they are NOT supposed to be similar. They are supposed to be polar opposites with the only similarity being tanks.

So instead of being stupid about it, enjoy both games as they are supposed to be different.

Sidney_Snot #58 Posted 08 March 2014 - 05:19 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 4876 battles

During the last few weeks I've been playing both Warthunder & World of Tanks, all I can say is I'm very grateful that there is an alternative to WoT, even if it means flying airplanes around. One person mentioned about being able to take another aircraft if you get shot down, personally I think thats a good thing. If they had this sort of thing in WoT maybe it wouldn't matter about being put into a T6 battle with a T4 tank or TD almost every game, once the T4 is dead it would be possible to get a T6 and make up for the rest of the the team being such worthless idiots. Whereas, currently I am getting totally hacked off with having to hope my idiot team mates aren't really as bad as their playstyles show them to be and I lose another battle through no fault of my own.

And before some clever kid starts telling me it's a team game and everyone makes a difference, I've a question for you. When a low tier tank is spotting the enemy on one flank where normally it's the best place to push, only to see his top tier team mates decide it's better to avoid the enemy and drive straight through the middle of the map instead. Surprisingly to them, they get owned, so after several similar scenario's how does the low tier get his win? That is how too many idiots play this game, they either don't have brains, don't know how to use it or left it next to their bed when they got up this morning.

WT offers me a way to keep my sanity, hopefully it will make Wargaming have a long hard think about everything which is wrong with World of Tanks and make the changes which are necessary to retain it's place as the worlds no1 FTP online game. They should take a leaf out of WT's book and introduce some decent tutorials, rather than just expect everyone to know how to play each tank type properly. I am sick to death of trying to spot higher tier enemy tanks in my low tier heavy, while the scouts hide at the back of our base or when some idiot decides their PZ1c will be able to snipe a KV1 despite the enemy capping our base and me rolling back as fast as I can while asking them three times to spot the cap so I can reset.

Too many imbeciles in WoT. Far too many,

I find WT a little tedious after a couple of hours playing, but I don't feel angry and frustrated because of idiots like I do after a session on WoT.

CroPanzer #59 Posted 08 March 2014 - 05:25 PM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Tester
  • 19876 battles
  • [CARAS] CARAS

The multiple respawn system is okay, but... if you're a gold paying newbie (by which I mean a player that has no sense of how the game works and paying for advanced content), you can buy a lot of slots and fly and ramm as many planes as yuo have $$$ in your wallet/bank account

That's the bad part, it doesn't give everone the same opportunity with the same number of lives.

TankMaster_Flash #60 Posted 08 March 2014 - 05:30 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 28873 battles
  • [CELL] CELL
Yeah, respawns make WT 100% pay to win, what is even the point of having an equal number of players per team when each player has a different number of lives depending on what they have paid? 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users