• This topic is locked This topic is locked
93 replies to this topic

nooboid #81 Posted 09 March 2014 - 09:35 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 12432 battles

"Why WoT is better than WT"

Better only in your wet dreams.

Most of us, the veteran WoT players, are still here, because WT GF is still not in OB.

And the latter will have a devastating impact on WoT, measurable in scope as WT has on WoWp.

CptBarney #82 Posted 09 March 2014 - 10:16 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 18996 battles
  • [-WR--] -WR--

we will have to wait and see before we start saying game X will crash and burn while game Y will thrive and rise.

XxXSpottedYouXxX #83 Posted 09 March 2014 - 11:40 AM

General

• Player
  • 23824 battles
  • [4077] 4077
I tried both games and i prefer the lack of realism that world of tanks has. I dislike the lack of balanace world of tanks has and the power creep.

Comrade_Rory #84 Posted 09 March 2014 - 12:35 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 6707 battles
  • [TWC] TWC

I play both games and enjoy both but WT is better in every single way.

Most of the negative comments I've seen about WT in this thread are about things that will be fixed... WT has, after all, been around for a far shorter time.
The other complaints appear to be from people who've just barely played WT. 

Charliefoxtro_ #85 Posted 09 March 2014 - 01:25 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 31954 battles
  • [L-BUN] L-BUN

You respawn just fine in wot, only in a different battle.

In wot there re many ways to be one-shotted as well (or nearly one-shoted).

Anyway different doesn't mean better or worse. Everyone has an... opinion. I think WT will have many players trying it out at first, their bet is if they can keep them. About ease of gameplay, i don't know if WT is in the same level but that's good for us if mostly good/serious gamers play WT. Wot for me lacks in overall quality, they must hire a quality assurance manager. WT looks more promising but i can't really comment without much experience.

necr0menger #86 Posted 09 March 2014 - 01:25 PM

Private

• Player
  • 6040 battles

Well you cannot compare those 2 games frankly . ..

One, wot, is $ based p2w with gold ammo exploit super pen and crew $ based retraining 100% and perks focused only on tanks battle for a short time.

wot became mostly arcade now.

The other one is a game with a shop again..OK, some features that may cost $ for one more plane or tanks 6 instead of 5 for exemple in battle, never used it and doesn't stop me to have fun, fast xping (vip) again IF you wish to ( while wot doesn't give you any choice..my tiger II retraining with 20 000 credits still not 100% after 200 battles and lost perks % hardly trained), normal wot gamers Pay $ for it, basicly WT have no special p2w power item giving your tanks or planes super powers :izmena: or it would surely makes the Epic based battle goes bad, we will have on the same giant maps many many goals and objectifs depending on the selection u do,  if you are in a plane and witch type of plane, if you are in a tanks or Ground forces ( even troops i heard) or if you are in a war ship and witch kind of war ships..War Thunder is about large epic scale battles that WILL BE team based and Skill based.

Wot was skill based, not much anymore, its sadly about how much gold or creds you have to be able to spam more those exploit gold ammo with up to 450-500 pen on some russian tier 10 guns.

I spent a lot of time on wot and seen the changes, as usual, like many publishers does, because of the business they decided to increase the money income making wot a pure p2w game, some ''deal with it'' as i do to and we don't mind..fine .

One is arcade power shop items based..   Wot.

One is Skill based, epic battle based.    WT

How long you can invest time on both game, very long, surely War Thunder will be less limited and more open to people not looking for a power shop based game but again, not everyone want to invest into learning deeply a game and slowly become skilled at it, some casual players want just to jump in a game for 30 mins, spend some money for short time fun..fine with it.

But for real gamers i would advice you to have a look at WT :playing:

WG decided to take the arcade road with exploitable gold ammo for more money killing that amazing skilled based game..its a choice i respect, business is business but i doubt they will survive the WT wave when it will be fully launched, may be simple invest in gaijin lol.

some footage about tanks and maps graphics on wt ..amazing

Fist a trailer giving you an idea of what WT epic battle will be ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0sfA-NsbzJY

Second some beta footage of ground forces.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mfIGaRy3LSs

peace

Edited by necr0menger, 09 March 2014 - 01:31 PM.

Comrade_Rory #87 Posted 09 March 2014 - 08:51 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 6707 battles
  • [TWC] TWC

WT is perfectly fun to play without premium. Without premium in WoT, I'm tearing my hair out with stress in higher tiers. 

I also feel like you get far more for your money in WT. I've probably spent half as much on WT than on WoT and I have 12 premium planes with over 4k gold just sitting around waiting for ground battles. 

Plus, the different game modes mean you get less bored and then there's the single player campaigns and missions... not to mention custom battles. 

Edited by Comrade_Rory, 09 March 2014 - 09:30 PM.

demonaii #88 Posted 09 March 2014 - 09:32 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 5868 battles

View PostViperlein, on 08 March 2014 - 08:08 AM, said:

Actually WT has two modes one of which only allows one vehicle per battle.

Actually it has 3 modes. Realistic,Simulator and Arcade

SpruntyMcDuff #89 Posted 09 March 2014 - 11:34 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Clan Commander
  • 31263 battles
  • [STDS] STDS

I've played both games for a considerable amount of time, like 1 year + each. 

In terms of content and variety, WT beats WoT hands down. Three main game modes, of varying skill requirements, from arcade shooty-shooty respawn, To full-on don't come here unless you actually know how to fly a plane mode.

WoT by comparison, effectively only has the one game mode. Which is perfectly fine, it's reasonably well balanced and has a nice feel to it.

It wouldn't be a bad thing though, if WG took a few leaves out of Gaijin's book when it comes to depth and variety of content.

BattleMetalChris #90 Posted 10 March 2014 - 02:48 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 9248 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View Postnecr0menger, on 09 March 2014 - 12:25 PM, said:

WT have no special p2w power item giving your tanks or planes super powers

So you don't consider the ability to outright buy crews with every skill-set completed, pay-to-win?

Kamile02 #91 Posted 10 March 2014 - 08:06 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 51 battles

View PostMkH, on 09 March 2014 - 02:30 AM, said:

Why are you talking bs then? War Thunder has three game modes, of which only arcade offers multiple respawns. In realistic and simulator mode you don't have any.

...and why WT is better than WoT?

• Better spotting system; what you see is what you see

LOl THIS.

What you have in WT? YOu drive 2 mins to position and somebody just blow up you from 1 shot, lol.

Second most important think, CHEATS. Yes one guy made it, most important feature is MARKERS. So players who use it have BIG advantage, this guy sended to Gaijin his source code and gues what? Even after a year they dont give a crap. Im not talking that you can fix you plain wing and still fight in the air becouse its not controlled by server side lol. This guy already testing for Wt gorund force, there will be auto aim for blows up :D and so on. IF Gaijin didnt introduce markes this cheat [edited]THEM TOTALY.

Edited by Kamile02, 10 March 2014 - 08:08 AM.

DD_Zooly #92 Posted 10 March 2014 - 08:40 AM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Tester
  • 11842 battles
I have an account for WT but refused to pay to join the CB for the ground forces.  I have seen a few videos and I get the feeling that trying to compare WoT to WT is like trying to compare Forza to Need for Speed, same genre but different approach to gameplay.

Edited by DD_Zooly, 10 March 2014 - 08:40 AM.

Ghostly_Poltergeist #93 Posted 10 March 2014 - 12:22 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 2401 battles
Another great positive that WT will have over WoT is that its all in one browser with one menu, and we wont have to go creating linked up accounts on different individual browser modes if we want to play with either planes ships or tanks 

Hornet331 #94 Posted 10 March 2014 - 02:31 PM

Colonel

• Beta Tester
  • 16285 battles

View PostBattleMetalChris, on 10 March 2014 - 01:48 AM, said:

So you don't consider the ability to outright buy crews with every skill-set completed, pay-to-win?

Considering most of the skills have limited usage, in RB they matter even less.

Pretty much all maintance skills are only really usefull in AB where you can rearm/reload in flight, else you have to land which takes quite some time and makes you vurnable as hell. Gunners even fully buffed are pretty much uselss, manual controll is always better. So the only thing that remains spotting/g force tolerance. Spotting or better marking is also somewhat up in the air, since you can actually see planes way before they are actually marked.

In the end its not like the plane just suddenly handles better when you level up your crew, while this is actually the case in WoT where many skills, directly influence the performance of the vehicle.

But yes you can buy directly the best crew with money, but still doesn't mean it will increase your performance when you suck at the game.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users