killed my first blue.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
15 replies to this topic

KKtwenty #1 Posted 10 March 2014 - 01:22 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 9905 battles
  • [FLOG] FLOG

In an M4 on northwest.  Take the south route to their spawn with a KV-1, stuart and "something else that died quick".  Few kills later, got to their spawn with the KV1 + stuart their team was 50% down ours about 25% - it was GG for us.  Enemy was holed up on the top ridge away from spawn.

KV-1 starts to cap, I join in the circle (my initial thinking was to draw them back along the ridge as they were trapped).  KV-220 (sat on the rise to the top ridge) and stug (nearby but on the lower plane) start shouting warnings about "dont cap!" then "last warning!"  (my response to the last warning was "?").  Stug kills the KV-1 and turns blue (does not get instabanned which surprised me), cap resets by a good 45 seconds.

The enemy were down to 4 tanks, we were not as many now, due to the fact there were 2 of us in the cap circle (the stuart was now circling inside the cap) and 2 idiots outside.  I dutifully put a DERP HE round through the LFG of the stug (one shotting him, must have been a nice PEN roll) as I didnt fancy getting killed next.  KV-220 tracks me again and again shouting "dont cap!" on chat.  He doesnt get banned or turn blue either (is blue only for pure TK?).  I ignore chat after he keeps threatening to TK.  Anyway, game ended eventually we won by kills.

First time ive killed a blue as I normally leave them alone.  What I am more worried about is that Ive no idea why the KV-220 didnt get banned though, surely a good 5/6 tracking in the cap circle should have banned him?  Didnt think to copy the replay out (I leave it on last replay only) as it would have been a good show of bottomfeeders.

Edited by KKtwenty, 10 March 2014 - 01:24 PM.

Kaarif #2 Posted 10 March 2014 - 01:25 PM

Private

• Player
  • 12726 battles
  • [OGHS] OGHS
Player is blue -> complain -> team damage -> ?? -> profit

BrokenWing #3 Posted 10 March 2014 - 01:27 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 25785 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

Tracking should count as a TK but I don't think it does. Sort it out WG?

And you should ALWAYS kill blue guys, if you know it was a deliberate action. I've nearly thrown a game before to chase one of the feckers down. Wonder why he wasn't insta banned though?

Edited by BrokenWing, 10 March 2014 - 01:27 PM.

KKtwenty #4 Posted 10 March 2014 - 01:27 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 9905 battles
  • [FLOG] FLOG
compensation was about 3k, kills credited at the end were fine (not decremented).  He only detracked, I took only a little hull damage.  I thought this new ban system too care of nub like this, shame it doesnt.

EmperorSafirius #5 Posted 10 March 2014 - 01:29 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 21062 battles

Blue tanks are instant kill target for me.

Today, Prokhorovka encounter. took my Reihnmetal out for a spin. Weird MM: 4 tier 8 tanks on each side, a couple of tier 7 and the rest tier 6.

Battle starts and the first thing that happens is that our AT-15(no platoon, no clan) turns towards one of our 3 KV-1S(no platoon) and starts shooting him. 2 shots, the guy starts burning but i guess he has a fire ext. on him. I waited untill the AT-15 became blue and with no remorse started shooting him. Boom, 3 shots, he was dead(our ISU helped).

The AT-15 did not type anything, did nothing. So before any of you go "but he was tier 8, he would help you, now you had one tank less". I checked the guy's stats. Not even one tank was anywhere near 50% WR. He had a 43% winrate, half of his tanks were around 38% even. What I killed was nothing more than a troll who goes into battle and starts killing teammates.

Happened one time to my younger brother. On his team, a hetzer did 4!!!! teamkills and nobody killed him because a guy started telling "don't kill blue, he is top tier". :facepalm:

EDIT: seriously, a neg rep? Ah, must be a couch general who thinks teamkilling mad dogs should be left alive.:teethhappy:

Ye, good thing. Even if a troll like that does a team kill, maybe after killing about 2, 3 teammates, maybe then he will actually hit an enemy tank instead? :harp:

Edited by EmperorSafirius, 10 March 2014 - 01:33 PM.

Bennyboymothman #6 Posted 10 March 2014 - 01:30 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 19506 battles
  • [PXR] PXR
Were you tracked each time with no damage taken? I know how crap the pen is on a KV-220.

xxlguru #7 Posted 10 March 2014 - 01:30 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 42040 battles

Team mate turns blue but is not hitting any one else on our team, resuts in me not shooting at him. Specially if I have not seen what happened. Maybe he have had good reason or squshed some light tank who drove him self into a big tank. Not that there is many good reasons for team killing ecept kinda defending your self.

On other hand If I see mad dog on the lose all blue and shooting all our team mates I will kill him if I can.

Edited by xxlguru, 10 March 2014 - 01:32 PM.

SGTMawerick #8 Posted 10 March 2014 - 01:32 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 38173 battles
its help alot if you kill blue tank gg.. srsly..

Mr_Thursday #9 Posted 10 March 2014 - 01:33 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 22092 battles
If your playing with Colour Blind settings, then shooting blue tanks is nothing new...

RetroPG #10 Posted 10 March 2014 - 01:44 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 15104 battles

View PostEmperorSafirius, on 10 March 2014 - 12:29 PM, said:

EDIT: seriously, a neg rep? Ah, must be a couch general who thinks teamkilling mad dogs should be left alive.:teethhappy:

Fixed 

miwi3 #11 Posted 10 March 2014 - 01:45 PM

Private

• Player
  • 7058 battles

How can you stop capping if he keeps tracking you?? Shows the intellegence (or lack thereof).

I recently killed a blue player too, but only after the victory could not slip from us (game ended 5:15). They turn blue for a reason and even if I wasn't there when they turned blue (so I didn't see why), I kill them when I get the chance AND know victory or defeat is certain.

KKtwenty #12 Posted 10 March 2014 - 01:45 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 9905 battles
  • [FLOG] FLOG

TBH I didnt notice if I took any hull damage.  I wasnt going anywhere and didnt really care whether he did TK me or not (I dont retaliate with team damage as I guessed i knew how the system worked!), we had the game wrapped and i'd done enough damage to satisfy my chase for missions :)

@miwi3  Perhaps that is the key, you only get banned if hull damage *IS* taken- tracking doesnt count towards the "ban damage counter" as it isnt technically resetting the cap.

I still got compensation for (nothing) realistically.  Perhaps he was trying to goard me into firing back (then getting banned myself).

Edited by KKtwenty, 10 March 2014 - 01:50 PM.

GemmaLou #13 Posted 10 March 2014 - 01:51 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 8127 battles

View PostBrokenWing, on 10 March 2014 - 12:27 PM, said:

Tracking should count as a TK but I don't think it does. Sort it out WG?

And you should ALWAYS kill blue guys, if you know it was a deliberate action. I've nearly thrown a game before to chase one of the feckers down. Wonder why he wasn't insta banned though?

i thought it was meant to under the new rules? clearly not tho

imo blues are another enemy player, so if they look like shooting me i'll kill them

Iron_Monti #14 Posted 10 March 2014 - 11:08 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 25047 battles

My best blue kill was when I was doing some sniping on the right side of the south hill of old Campshire. It was maybe around 5 minutes after the battle started.

A T-54 start insulting & shooting our TD's  on the hill : 'campers... sfkerofjsfsk blablabla...'

He turned blue.

(One of my best moment in WoT)

I turned my E-50M hull toward him, spammed 'R' and crushed him on the house he was next to for the ~1100 HP he had after our 2 Foch's shot him. That ram was SO powerful...

A shame that controlled impact don't work with 'allies' ! It took me some HP...

(A shame I have lost this replay `@!#? !!)

BTW, all those brainless-retarded-blue tanks are my favourites targets !

AllyourKitty #15 Posted 10 March 2014 - 11:20 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 36803 battles

I don't really see the need to kill a tank which has turned blue simply because they drove into someone, yes perhaps they have a habit of causing damage to their own team, perhaps they are new to the game and still trying to get to grips with things.

Back when I was new to the masochistic paradise that is WOT I turned blue for some reason (probably noob) and I was grateful that the team didn't take this opportunity to take me out for a giggle.

BioIdra #16 Posted 10 March 2014 - 11:25 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 26389 battles
  • [-ESC-] -ESC-
it happened to me that i became blue for getting rammed by an ally or because my artillery has too much splash so i tell you you should look carefully to what is the blue doing since it seems to me getting blue is kinda random

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users