• This topic is locked This topic is locked
57 replies to this topic

Eight_Ball #41 Posted 12 March 2014 - 02:17 PM

Major

• Clan Commander
  • 39990 battles
  • [AVOS] AVOS

View Postjinx_uk, on 11 March 2014 - 06:45 PM, said:

I think you'll be banned long before you receive it because you'll have to destroy 15 enemy tanks and 7 of your own....if you even get that far before going all bluey and being kicked :tongue:

Easy fix: Carry the enemy kill-count into the next battle

Would it ever happen, that one player would kill 15 enemies on one team, and then kill 7 in the next? Not likely, but truly EPIC!! :bush:

Fr3d27 #42 Posted 12 March 2014 - 02:57 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 23775 battles
  • [TNAC] TNAC

Give me a kv1 against panzer2 and 3....

I won't loose a single battle.

Sealclubbing to the Max.

laceleste #43 Posted 12 March 2014 - 03:01 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 47693 battles

View PostQuickfingers, on 12 March 2014 - 12:45 AM, said:

Does anyone know anything about the "new" monument in Minsk?

Next time I'm there I will have to check it out!

Love your reviews, keep up the great work.

Looking forward to watching you video on the Kolobanov monument i Minsk.

SkyZZo #44 Posted 12 March 2014 - 07:05 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 23744 battles

View Postlaceleste, on 11 March 2014 - 10:30 PM, said:

Kolobanov is always with me picking off the targets with great accuracy:

My Kolobanov is of course modelled on the real life hero, I like to think though that my digital version in nearly as badass as the real thing.

You have a man responsible for millions of civilian deaths as your avatar....everything you say is stupid

laceleste #45 Posted 12 March 2014 - 09:31 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 47693 battles

View PostSkyZZo, on 12 March 2014 - 06:05 PM, said:

You have a man responsible for millions of civilian deaths as your avatar....everything you say is stupid

Yet again the extraordinary butthurt sympathisers of the lunatic fringe extreme right rear their ugly heads.

Through insults they try to provoce political discussions.

You just can't stay on topic, can you?

You just can't stand that some of us love this game and are having fun.

You thrive on generating hate, and mischief.

Stalin pictures are allowed in this game, if you feel exceptional butthurt because of this, you're free to leave any time.

SkyZZo #46 Posted 12 March 2014 - 10:16 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 23744 battles

View Postlaceleste, on 12 March 2014 - 09:31 PM, said:

Yet again the extraordinary butthurt sympathisers of the lunatic fringe extreme right rear their ugly heads.

Through insults they try to provoce political discussions.

You just can't stay on topic, can you?

You just can't stand that some of us love this game and are having fun.

You thrive on generating hate, and mischief.

Stalin pictures are allowed in this game, if you feel exceptional butthurt because of this, you're free to leave any time.

Point proven...my point that is.

You want me to be on topic.

Dear WG...this is the European bit of the forums...we around here are somewhat objective(look it up in a dictionary).

We are more interested in facts rather than political alliances and pure smiths(i don't contest Kolobanov’s "heroic" actions in this particular action but i have some huge problems with what you have presented in the past as historical data) .

Don't you see that each time you get historical on us,that being "look at soviet hero,he is much stronk" you get all sorts of problems and contestations from idiots like me wich had accesses to higher forms of education coincidentally in the fields of history ?

Stick to producing your game,you are doing a grat job at that and spare us the lectures :)

Also laceleste,

My bottom feels very well thank you for your interest,but i was merely trying to tell you that as long as you have that picture on your avatar(legal or not) everything you say will be assumed to be wrong from people who know better.

Have a nice evening.

laceleste #47 Posted 12 March 2014 - 11:08 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 47693 battles

View PostSkyZZo, on 12 March 2014 - 09:16 PM, said:

Point proven...my point that is.

You want me to be on topic.

Dear WG...this is the European bit of the forums...we around here are somewhat objective(look it up in a dictionary).

We are more interested in facts rather than political alliances and pure smiths(i don't contest Kolobanov’s "heroic" actions in this particular action but i have some huge problems with what you have presented in the past as historical data) .

Don't you see that each time you get historical on us,that being "look at soviet hero,he is much stronk" you get all sorts of problems and contestations from idiots like me wich had accesses to higher forms of education coincidentally in the fields of history ?

Stick to producing your game,you are doing a grat job at that and spare us the lectures :)

Also laceleste,

My bottom feels very well thank you for your interest,but i was merely trying to tell you that as long as you have that picture on your avatar(legal or not) everything you say will be assumed to be wrong from people who know better.

Have a nice evening.

You proclaim yourself to be of better learning and insight, what enormous arragonce.

Your colossal pretentiousness is only rivaled by the epic sournes of your behind.

The self appointed Fuhrer of the so ever butthurt hords of rabid far right extremists now strikes down on everybody daring to upset him.

Well, your highness, let me make it absolutely clear for you, I will never allow you to dictate what I should do and don't do, do you understand?

You have repeatedly made it perfectly clear that you have a huge problem with WG for allowing Stalin pictures and with me in particular for using them.

Now deal with your problem, attend therapy, better yet leave this game before your eternal ideologycal hate consumes you.

Oh, yes another thing, I don't care the slightest about what you think of my avatar.

You are not allowed to spam me with your views and persecute me for mine, as you pompously proclaim yourself of deeper insight you should understand this simple fact, do you get it? Or still having trouble understanding?

My love for this game will always be victorious over your rabid hate. Unlike you I'm a humanist, believe that mankind in essence is good, I wish everybody well, even you dispite you right now being poisoned by evil propaganda and lies.

Edited by laceleste, 12 March 2014 - 11:14 PM.

XRayScan #48 Posted 13 March 2014 - 01:38 AM

Private

• Player
  • 3376 battles

View Postlaceleste, on 12 March 2014 - 11:08 PM, said:

You proclaim yourself to be of better learning and insight, what enormous arragonce.

Your colossal pretentiousness is only rivaled by the epic sournes of your behind.

The self appointed Fuhrer of the so ever butthurt hords of rabid far right extremists now strikes down on everybody daring to upset him.

Well, your highness, let me make it absolutely clear for you, I will never allow you to dictate what I should do and don't do, do you understand?

You have repeatedly made it perfectly clear that you have a huge problem with WG for allowing Stalin pictures and with me in particular for using them.

Now deal with your problem, attend therapy, better yet leave this game before your eternal ideologycal hate consumes you.

Oh, yes another thing, I don't care the slightest about what you think of my avatar.

You are not allowed to spam me with your views and persecute me for mine, as you pompously proclaim yourself of deeper insight you should understand this simple fact, do you get it? Or still having trouble understanding?

My love for this game will always be victorious over your rabid hate. Unlike you I'm a humanist, believe that mankind in essence is good, I wish everybody well, even you dispite you right now being poisoned by evil propaganda and lies.

Well said.

The amount of propaganda these guys have suffered over the decades has always been troubling.

izroda #49 Posted 13 March 2014 - 11:05 AM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Tester
  • 8434 battles

View Postlaceleste, on 12 March 2014 - 10:08 PM, said:

blah, blah...whatever

You are the exact opposite of an intelligent and educated person.

(Attempt at being civilized)

Looks like SerB's alt accounts get active as always in such kind of threads :biggrin:

Vonslap #50 Posted 13 March 2014 - 04:29 PM

Lance-corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 28575 battles
  • [96ERS] 96ERS

View PostHunter1911, on 12 March 2014 - 02:05 PM, said:

We do have some medals named after German tank commanders , such as Carius' Medal and Knispel's Medal in Step Achievements. Yes, we no longer have an actively rewarded German tank commander related medal in Epic Achievements, but the Bölter's Medal has been retained in the list of previous achievements. The Bölter's Medal was not removed, nor was its awarding stopped because it is a German tank commander, it was removed from active use do to a simple reason we already have an achievement for six frags - Top Gun, and an achievement eight frags, so there was no need to have a seven frag medal, due to over saturation.

Wittman was removed due to certain nations laws and legislation having an issue with SS related personas, and additionally we do not want to promote Schutzstaffel members in our game, no matter their abilities. Which leaves us with Johannes Bölter ,Kurt Knispel, Otto Carius, and Ernst Barkmann as possible in game medals out of prominent German tankers. First three names are already in the game, even tough Bölter's Medal is no longer awarded. Whereas Barkmann cannot be implemented into the game due to being a Waffen-SS soldier. And we do not want to force and fabricate medal awards just so we have German medal, I do not believe it is good nor necessary.

In any case we should be focusing tankmanship being a priority for having a medal in the game, rather than nationality, and it being well adapted to the game mechanics.

Glad you liked the story :)

AHHHHHHHH.......So you remove tank heroes because of the political party they were affiliated to. Good plan. Maybe it's time, in that case, to start getting without some of the Communist tank heroes you promote, after all, The Party was responsible for the deaths of over 60 million peeps. If your excluding top soldiers for politics, then please exclude across the board. 

SkyZZo #51 Posted 13 March 2014 - 05:04 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 23744 battles

View Postlaceleste, on 12 March 2014 - 11:08 PM, said:

Tovarishch laceleste...i see that you wrongly consider that i poses the slightest of interest in you existence...you are flagrantly mistaken.

I do not wish to impose my views on you,i'm just trying to inform you that as long as you promote a man responsible of massacring millions upon millions of his own people,eny views that you may wish to share with the rest of the world are utterly wrong and stupid.

Stalin was who he was,that is not a personal opinion.

Any way...you where telling me to stay on topic but you yourself have gone bezerk with your red manifesto.

Again...this is the EU forum....

The best idea would be to simply create a series explaining the stories behind the names of those medals...regardless of their allegiance.

izroda #52 Posted 13 March 2014 - 05:31 PM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Tester
  • 8434 battles

View PostSkyZZo, on 13 March 2014 - 04:04 PM, said:

Tovarishch laceleste...i see that you wrongly consider that i poses the slightest of interest in you existence...you are flagrantly mistaken.

I do not wish to impose my views on you,i'm just trying to inform you that as long as you promote a man responsible of massacring millions upon millions of his own people,eny views that you may wish to share with the rest of the world are utterly wrong and stupid.

Stalin was who he was,that is not a personal opinion.

Give it up, people have been trying that for months, and he's just another proof that communists are the most deaf to other people opinions persons on the planet. If you check his personal rating you can see the results from all the BS he's written on the forum, but his brain is a lost cause though.

Claiming to be promoting peace and love and having an avatar picture of a warmonger and mass murderer... really laceleste that's some steady drug supply you seem to have.

He's just like one other guy I know personally, who is a member of a communist organization in my country and gets regularly invited to tours to North Korea. He's always talking in such rhetorical way and claims that North Korea is the paradise on earth and we should all try to emulate their success :biggrin:

sirkajirka #53 Posted 13 March 2014 - 10:35 PM

Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 43422 battles
  • [9-TDL] 9-TDL

View Postkfa, on 11 March 2014 - 04:22 PM, said:

I bet he got a lot of experience for destroying 22 tanks alone, not to mention the spotting damage! :)

It is clear, he had min 7 team kills ;)

Skunk_workz #54 Posted 13 March 2014 - 10:55 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 61974 battles
  • [BC-X] BC-X

View Postizroda, on 11 March 2014 - 06:04 PM, said:

And it seems this is why they removed the german medal. To gloat in their national pride for being winners. Because while we view the game as a game and judge tankers by their achievements on the battlefield WG judge them by their nation. USSR and Allied=good, German=bad, no epic medal for ze germs no more.

No, The German Government requested WG to remove both Wittmann & Bolter medals.

A decision that I personally disagree with. 

Edited by Skunk_workz, 13 March 2014 - 10:59 PM.

izroda #55 Posted 13 March 2014 - 11:40 PM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Tester
  • 8434 battles

View PostSkunk_workz, on 13 March 2014 - 09:55 PM, said:

No, The German Government requested WG to remove both Wittmann & Bolter medals.

A decision that I personally disagree with. 

No, no, no they renamed the Witmann medal to Bolter because of the german authorities(though I dont believe it), and then they removed the Bolter medal simply because they wanted so. I had quoted the ASAP video they explained the situation with removing the medal in my next post on the 1st page, you can check it out. Explanation was in short "We removed it, dunno why".

Some say 7 kills was too easy for an epic medal, so they removed it.  Well you can think of whatever excuses to cover it up now post factum. For example this way beloved comrade stalin could try to excuse splitting poland with the germans back in 1939 or the winter war with finland. He was doing these "unavoidable" acts of aggression in order to protect these nations from the evil nazis because he was a dark magician and the oracle of doom had prophecised the invasion of 1941.

Back in 2012 it was "We dont know why we removed it". After 2 years they came up with the story of the "far too easy medal". So why not make another epic medal named after Bolter or other of the many german tank aces. No! Instead they used the two years to come up with several new epic achievements named after allies and soviets mostly and to compile that lousy excuse.

You dont honor the memory of Kolobanov and other soviet heroes by erasing the story of their enemies.

McK3y #56 Posted 14 March 2014 - 12:41 AM

Private

• Beta Tester
  • 53833 battles
  • [BORG] BORG
Give us a "King of the LAGs" medal to participating in 8.11!

Lorheem #57 Posted 14 March 2014 - 06:35 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 31248 battles
  • [SRSLY] SRSLY

View PostHunter1911, on 12 March 2014 - 02:05 PM, said:

Which leaves us with Johannes Bölter ,Kurt Knispel, Otto Carius, and Ernst Barkmann as possible in game medals out of prominent German tankers.

Logically Rommel, Guderian, Zhukov and Montgomery would be step achievements, not Kurt Knispel(168+ victories), Otto Carius(150+ victories) and Dmitry Lavrinenko(52 victories).

Aces that have epic medals in the game:

Sydney Valpy Radley-Walters > 18 victories

Lafayette G. Pool > 12 victories

In fact USA and Canada seem to only have had two tank aces each(and one of each somehow got an epic medal). :amazed::facepalm:

Here are some German aces(that did not serve in SS AFAIK) that are apparently not prominent enough to get a mention in the game:

Franz Bäke > 79 victories

Hermann Bix >75 victories

Hans Strippel > 70 victories

Hugo Primozic > 68 victories

Josef Brandner > 61 victories

Well done WG, you logically picked two most prominent aces for epic medals.  

Edited by Lorheem, 14 March 2014 - 06:37 PM.

Skunk_workz #58 Posted 18 March 2014 - 08:56 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 61974 battles
  • [BC-X] BC-X

View PostNokwar, on 12 March 2014 - 12:12 AM, said:

I'd like to see some sources on that.

Like above I'd like some sources for this statement.

While it is forbidden in germany to publicly show nazi symbols and/or otherwise express support of nazi propaganda there is no law stating its forbidden to retell actual ww2 events while highlighting personal heroism of individuals that fought in it. No matter their political beliefs because for the situation at hand they simply don't count.

How do I know that? Well I live in germany and there are quite a few historical books and stories that clearly show what some german soldiers endured highlighting breathtaking heroism and they are not banned.

I don't want to state that german soldiers are better than others but that they deserve the same praise as soldiers from russia, poland, france, the uk, us, or whatever nation you prefer because war is hell and they all suffered in it because ONE madman started it.

Well back to the topic at hand while the medal sounds awesome (destroying 22 tanks coming out of it unharmed) if you look at the facts stated above those where Pz. II and III wich simply lack the firepower to hurt a KW-1.

I would like to concur, I've read the autobiography by Rudolf Hoss, Auschwitz's former commandant;  also a lovely book written by a former member of the Crossdeutschland.  Two completely different view points from the German war machine; as it was. I would highly recommend them. Of course there are many others.

I have always made my point very clear regarding the removal of any medal, they should'nt be unless it is proven beyond all reasonable doubt of any war crimes.  It or should I say they, are in commemoration of human achievement and endeavor, and politics should not come into it.  Going off track for a moment - Ben Johnson won the 100Mtrs in the 1988 Olympics in a new world record. Only to be disqualified 3 days later because of doping.  However he was still included in the Guinness Book of World Records; Why?  when he had been disqualified. And here is the link...Because the GBWW records 'Human achievement'.  The very same reasoning can be applied to the medals in WoT.

Back on track regarding this thread, it is easy to see why he managed to kill so many in one battle, good defensive position & against the early Panzers

Edited by Skunk_workz, 19 March 2014 - 10:55 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users