Exclusive - Historical Battles Coming in 9.0!

HistorialBattles 9.0 QuickyBaby

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
225 replies to this topic

Quickfingers #1 Posted 11 March 2014 - 04:03 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Community Contributor
  • 44319 battles

POPULAR

Hey guys, QuickyBaby here and I have the pleasure of disseminating the highly anticipated upcoming historical battles with you!

TLDR:
Video Version for those who want to listen/watch and not read this thread.

In patch 9.0 you will be able to enter the "Historical Battle Mode" by choosing ‘Historical battles’ in the window for battle type selection. This option is disabled if you are in a platoon.

Below you can see the menu for selection between historical battles which appears after you have entered the mode:

This is the main menu where you can choose a historical battle, vehicle and look over your tank before you start the battle.  In version 9.0 you will be able to choose between three historical battles:

•          Lake Balaton offensive. Map: Erlenberg

Vehicles:           USSR – IS, T-34, T-34-85, ISU-152, SU-100, SU-76

Germany – Stug III, Tiger II, Panther, Pz IV, Jagdtiger, Jagdpanther

•          Battle of Kursk. Map: Prokhorovka

Vehicles           USSR – SU-152, KV-1S, SU-85, T-34, T-70, SU-76,

Germany – Ferdinand, Pz IV, Panther, Tiger I, StuG III, Pz II, Pz III

•           Ardennes Offensive. Map: Erlenberg

Vehicles:           USA - M10 Wolverine, M18 Hellcat, M36 Jackson, M4A3E8 Sherman, M4A3E2 Sherman Jumbo

Germany – Jagdpanther, Pz IV, Panther, Tiger I, StuG III, Tiger II

Tanks which are not available to use in Historical Battles are marked in your hangar with a dark colour and won’t be available for selection.

Translation.

---

(«Bыбранный» = «Chosen», «Есть в ангаре, может выйти в бой» = «it’s available, you can participate using it in the battle», «Нету в ангаре» = «It’s not available in the hangar», «Есть в ангаре, не может выйти в бой» = «It’s available in the hangar, but you can’t participate using it» )

---

There is a "Historical Reference Section" where you can learn more about the history of the battle you are about to participate in.

There are three possible Game modes for Historical battles:

•          Standard battle
  •          Assault
  •          Encounter battle

You will be able to use your regular crews in historical battles just like any other gamemode.

Interestingly ammo loadouts will work differently in the historical game mode. Ammunition can’t be changed and has to be purchased as a pack before you can join the battle. Don't worry as any ammunition that you do not use will be credited back to you!

Likewise modules are set as standard and you will NOT be able to customise them! Even if the user doesn't have all necessary modules on his vehicle the missing modules will be installed on his vehicle temporarily for the period of the historical battle FOR FREE!

The matchmaker screen appears after pushing the “Battle” button like in other battle modes.  As in the case of random battles the matchmaker of historical battles doesn't take into account the win rate and amount of battles already played by the respective user.

Like in other game modes the main parameter the matchmaker uses is the balance weight of the vehicle. HOWEVER in Historical Battle Mode the balance weight is individually balanced for each tank available in this battle!

Team composition of both teams may differ regarding the amount of vehicles and vehicle tiers but both teams will be always equal considering their total balance weight. The matchmaker won't start a battle before an equilibrium is reached for both teams.

There will be no voice chat in historical battles but it will be possible to communicate with team members (as well as with the enemies) via normal chat. 

I hope you enjoyed this sneak preview of this fantastic addition to World of Tanks I will be doing a full review of it as soon as it hits the 9.0 test server and will keep you updated on my youtube channel.

http://www.youtube.com/QuickyBabyTV

Best of luck on the battlefield

<3 QuickyBaby

Ectar #2 Posted 11 March 2014 - 04:06 PM

Lieutenant General

• Military Reserve
  • 9664 battles
  • [TMATO] TMATO
I'll try to answer as many questions about this mode as I can, but for the most part people will need to wait until the test server comes out and we have more official details.  This information from QuickyBaby is part of a controlled early release of info for our players

Technocrat_Prime #3 Posted 11 March 2014 - 04:06 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Beta Tester
  • 30184 battles
  • [-TCC-] -TCC-
I have this feeling that we all will be history before patch 9.0 arrives somewhen in 2051...

Conte_Vincero #4 Posted 11 March 2014 - 04:10 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 10402 battles
  • [BAOR] BAOR
hmmm, so basically a historical battle is just a confrontation battle, but with a narrower selection of vehicles?

I was expecting a bit more...

Spek_en_Bonen #5 Posted 11 March 2014 - 04:12 PM

Lieutenant General

• Beta Tester
  • 29353 battles

Cool.

Hopefully that is going to replace confrontation, but done the right way.

VeryRisky #6 Posted 11 March 2014 - 04:13 PM

General

• Player
  • 16367 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

Ardennes Offensive. Map: Erlenberg

Vehicles:           USA - M10 Wolverine, M18 Hellcat, M36 Jackson, M4A3E8 Sherman, M4A3E2 Sherman Jumbo

Once the penny drops (which may be some time)  I see a lot of players suddenly wanting to grind the M36.  :blinky:

Of course I'm actually got all of thse tanks in the garage and the M10 and M36 have now got 6th Sense with the Jumbo @ 95% on 1st :justwait:

wims80 #7 Posted 11 March 2014 - 04:14 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 10249 battles

Is this an 8vs8 mode, or is it going to be 15 vs 15? It kinda looks like 8vs8 when looking at the screenies

EDIT: Reading more closely it appears that the number of player per team varies from scenario to scenario : "Team composition of both teams may differ regarding the amount of vehicles and vehicle tiers but both teams will be always equal considering their total balance weight."

Edited by wims80, 11 March 2014 - 04:17 PM.

Cannes76 #8 Posted 11 March 2014 - 04:19 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 55261 battles
  • [2PDD] 2PDD
if they make the battles larger than the current 15 vs. 15 it will be epic! *crosses fingers* if not... hope the scenery is nice...

lonigus #9 Posted 11 March 2014 - 04:20 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 32338 battles
  • [CSOK] CSOK
Even before FTR!!! Iam impressed!!! :O

Ectar #10 Posted 11 March 2014 - 04:27 PM

Lieutenant General

• Military Reserve
  • 9664 battles
  • [TMATO] TMATO

View Postwims80, on 11 March 2014 - 03:14 PM, said:

Is this an 8vs8 mode, or is it going to be 15 vs 15? It kinda looks like 8vs8 when looking at the screenies

Not exactly, the teams might have 1 or 2 more or less.  

Team composition of both teams may differ regarding the amount of vehicles and vehicle tiers but both teams will be always equal considering their total balance weight.   - The "balance weight" is individual for each tank.

System98 #11 Posted 11 March 2014 - 04:27 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 17293 battles
Nice info, thanks QB. I hope battle scale will be bigger than a limit like 8 vs 8 like in team battles. For true epicness of such battles there should be teams up to 15 vs 15 (I doubt they will be bigger than current randoms, considering the performance requirement sfor such battle scales).

Desyatnik_Pansy #12 Posted 11 March 2014 - 04:30 PM

Bartender

• Player
  • 12213 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-
It would be nice if there was specific maps for this (referring to the fact that the listed three matches play Erlenberg twice), but hey, I'm not complaining; it'd probably be a lot of time and effort for them to design a specific map for the mode, make it fair and all of the other stuff. I'm just happy to see this being done. :honoring:

Kostis_Larsson #13 Posted 11 March 2014 - 04:34 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 35067 battles
  • [HAMI] HAMI
Is it platooning possible for this mode ?

Edited by Kostis_Larsson, 11 March 2014 - 04:36 PM.

Amateur_Gamer #14 Posted 11 March 2014 - 04:38 PM

Warrant Officer

• Clan Commander
  • 5896 battles

View PostCannes76, on 11 March 2014 - 03:19 PM, said:

if they make the battles larger than the current 15 vs. 15 it will be epic! *crosses fingers* if not... hope the scenery is nice...

+1

As they are "Historical Battles" they will have to reflect the real tank numbers otherwise it will lose authenticity. For example at Kursk the numbers of tanks were as follows;

• Germany - 2,928 tanks

• USSR - 5,128 tanks

(Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Kursk)

I hope these Historical Battles will show this in the finished product as it would be nice to have a level of authenticity to them.

Also would be nice to see El Alamein & The Battle of the Bulge etc...all the famous tank battles! :izmena:

Edited by Moominpapa, 11 March 2014 - 04:38 PM.

SilentstalkerCZ #15 Posted 11 March 2014 - 04:38 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 52 battles
Why do you write "exclusive" when every other community contributor got it? Otherwise, nice info.

Salentine #16 Posted 11 March 2014 - 04:39 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 23485 battles

The numbers on either side will have to be different, look at the tiers of the tanks involved, the germans have the tier advantage the other sides should have a numerical advantage (as per the original encounters)

• Lake Balaton offensive. Map: Erlenberg

Vehicles: USSR – IS, T-34, T-34-85, ISU-152, SU-100, SU-76

Germany – Stug III, Tiger II, Panther, Pz IV, Jagdtiger, Jagdpanther

• Battle of Kursk. Map: Prokhorovka

Vehicles USSR – SU-152, KV-1S, SU-85, T-34, T-70, SU-76,

Germany – Ferdinand, Pz IV, Panther, Tiger I, StuG III, Pz II, Pz III

• Ardennes Offensive. Map: Erlenberg

Vehicles: USA - M10 Wolverine, M18 Hellcat, M36 Jackson, M4A3E8 Sherman, M4A3E2 Sherman Jumbo

Germany – Jagdpanther, Pz IV, Panther, Tiger I, StuG III, Tiger II

Desyatnik_Pansy #17 Posted 11 March 2014 - 04:39 PM

Bartender

• Player
  • 12213 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-

View PostMoominpapa, on 11 March 2014 - 03:38 PM, said:

+1

As they are "Historical Battles" they will have to reflect the real tank numbers otherwise it will lose authenticity. For example at Kursk the numbers of tanks were as follows;

• Germany - 2,928 tanks

• USSR - 5,128 tanks

(Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Kursk)

I hope these Historical Battles will show this in the finished product as it would be nice to have a level of authenticity to them.

Also would be nice to see El Alamein & The Battle of the Bulge etc...all the famous tank battles! :izmena:

Now I would bloody love El Alamein. :ohmy:

_LEO_ #18 Posted 11 March 2014 - 04:48 PM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Tester
  • 50022 battles
  • [REQT] REQT

Another unbalanced mode:

•          Lake Balaton offensive. Map: Erlenberg - Good ISU will eat these german tanks for break breakfast.
  •          Battle of Kursk. Map: Prokhorovka -  Ferdinand will own Russian side. Open map vs blind tanks.
  •           Ardennes Offensive. Map: Erlenberg - USA will own. One good Hellcat player can kill whole enemy team.

Edited by _LEO_, 11 March 2014 - 04:49 PM.

BigFellas_Dad #19 Posted 11 March 2014 - 04:51 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 39385 battles

View PostVeryRisky, on 11 March 2014 - 04:13 PM, said:

Once the penny drops (which may be some time)  I see a lot of players suddenly wanting to grind the M36.  :blinky:

Why? is this a WN8 stat thing?

GJ WG btw, anything to increase interest and competitiveness is a good thing id imagine.  The only thing to differentiate tanks in battle now will be crew.

Nice review QB too +1

chaosddd #20 Posted 11 March 2014 - 04:53 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 25154 battles
  • [-BSU-] -BSU-

View Post_LEO_, on 11 March 2014 - 05:48 PM, said:

Another unbalanced mode:

•          Lake Balaton offensive. Map: Erlenberg - Good ISU will eat these russian tanks for break breakfast.
  •          Battle of Kursk. Map: Prokhorovka -  Ferdinand will own russian side. Open map vs blind tanks.
  •           Ardennes Offensive. Map: Erlenberg - USA will own. One good Hellcat player can kill whole enemy team.

It is too early to make such predictions. I am sure they spent a lot of time balancing. Also, keep in mind that the tanks will not be in elite configuration, but mostly stock or only with certain modules in order to represent them as close to historically possible.

For example, expect ISU to use the derp gun, Ferdi and Tiger II to use 88 mm guns, etc. Most of the tanks will feel a lot different compared to the fully elite beasts we got accustomed to in random.

Altogether, looking forward to this. 

Also tagged with HistorialBattles, 9.0, QuickyBaby

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users